Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Quarex posted:

I instantly knew the Skyrim expansion that focused on owning your own house was Hearthfire, and the other Goon table apparently could not recall such an unimportant piece of information at the crucial moment.

Shame on that other table! I am full of unimportant information like that... Maybe I'll see about attending and dragging my non-goon friends along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Mediocrity: the standard of survival!
It's a shame I will be joining friends for a group dinner that evening.

I have just gone through my schedule and holy hell I have no idea what's going on. I also added myself to the spreadsheet.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

SciFunk posted:

Agricola is one of my favorite games, everyone who hasn't played it yet should volunteer to try it out with you.

Forget Agricola, it's all sad and boring. Caverna is where it's at. It's basically Agricola, but with dwarves and less depressing poverty.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Goons! Any last minute ideas for panels and talks to attend and the like?

I'm trying to take in a few more panels about writing this year. For my own recommendation I recommend the panel about historical food, the gent who runs it is really laid back and really knows his stuff.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

I will be canceling a ticket for Worldbuilding: Religion and Mythology on Saturday morning, and although it sounds fantastic, I really want to play some Fate Core over the con, and that's my best opportunity it seems.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

camoseven posted:

:guinness: THE GOON BEER TOUR AND GENERAL INDY BEER INFO :guinness:
Where? We will meet at the NORTHEAST entrance to the convention center, AKA Capitol and Washington Streets.

Wouldn't the NE entrance for the convention center be on Maryland & Capitol, or am I missing something here? I don't want to be standing on the wrong corner like a jackass.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
On the doc. Working the Mayfair booth during ExHall hours, but free for boardgaming most evenings.

Trynant posted:

Some stuff I'd like to bring but really will want an interest check before I start lugging them around:
  • some Splotter game (Antiquity, Great Zimbabwe, Indonesia, Roads & Boats &cetera)
  • some COIN game (Andean Abyss, Cuba Libre, A Distant Plain)
  • some popular cube-pusher euro (Agricola or another Rosenberg game, Terra Mystica, etc.)
  • Mage Wars

I am so in for some COIN. I've only played Cuba Libre, and Andean Abyss has been crying out from my shelf. Also, I'd love to learn High Frontier, so I can actually teach my copy to my local group.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Double Agent posted:

Wouldn't the NE entrance for the convention center be on Maryland & Capitol, or am I missing something here? I don't want to be standing on the wrong corner like a jackass.

That is correct! You have discovered my sinister plot to strand goons one block north of the Con! Or I'm just an idiot. Either way, let's all meet at CAPITOL AND MARYLAND!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Weirdo posted:

Come to our panel on the D&D documentary! Saturday at 2 in the westin. We just made the panel members public: Director, Anthony Savini; Producer, Cecily Tyler; Co-Producer, Matt Shoemaker; Executive Producer and author, Jon Peterson; and writer, Tim Kask.

If you are only interested in writing fantasy it might not be much use to you but writing and laying out a narrative for history (text or film) is certainly a complex thing.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

nesbit37 posted:

I haven't had a chance to look around much, any exclusives or new releases you are particularly excited about picking up or seeing?

I'd really like to get the new Doomtown (Deadlands) game, but I didn't realize you needed to preorder and may have already missed out. I'll be picking up Argent and 13 True Ways, but both of those are just Kickstarter pickups.

Uh... I'll be glad to pick up the 13th Age Bestiary, I suppose? Hard to say what's finally going to hit there or not.

Robot Sidekick
Sep 14, 2013

Voice box, electric mistress, freeze tube zipper?

Weirdo posted:

Join the rest of us mythical Bronze Age loving freaks at the Glorantha panels going on Thursday night. This is the same setting as all those King Of Dragonpass games always being LP'd 'round here. Also the authors are super cool guys.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Trynant posted:

[*]Mage Wars

I'll bring my Mage Wars if you PROMISE to play a game.

PINKY SWEAR

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I'd really like to get the new Doomtown (Deadlands) game, but I didn't realize you needed to preorder and may have already missed out. I'll be picking up Argent and 13 True Ways, but both of those are just Kickstarter pickups.

Uh... I'll be glad to pick up the 13th Age Bestiary, I suppose? Hard to say what's finally going to hit there or not.

What is this about preordering doomtown? I was looking to pick up one there.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Mr.Trifecta posted:

What is this about preordering doomtown? I was looking to pick up one there.

The preorder was for the standard edition. I believe they stopped taking them on on July 20. You can still get Premium editions first come first serve which means if you aren't lined up at the doors on Thursday morning you probably won't get one. Even then, by the time the media people and VIGS are done who knows how many copies will be left.

Trynant
Oct 7, 2010

The final spice...your tears <3

Kaddish posted:

I'll bring my Mage Wars if you PROMISE to play a game.

PINKY SWEAR

I'm going to have to bring my copy then!

saint gerald
Apr 17, 2003

Trynant posted:

I'm going to have to bring my copy then!

I want to learn this.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

saint gerald posted:

I want to learn this.

I'll teach you! I have like 4 spellbooks already prepared.

saint gerald
Apr 17, 2003

Kaddish posted:

I'll teach you! I have like 4 spellbooks already prepared.

Done! I will bring booze.

Reverend Redglare
Jan 30, 2010

Kaddish posted:

The preorder was for the standard edition. I believe they stopped taking them on on July 20. You can still get Premium editions first come first serve which means if you aren't lined up at the doors on Thursday morning you probably won't get one. Even then, by the time the media people and VIGS are done who knows how many copies will be left.

They're supposed to have standard editions for purchase there as well. From what I understand, their plan is to bring the usual how ever many for sale and then the preorders + tournament copies on top of that amount. I think they've also said they're only allowing one per customer if you buy at the booth (who knows how the hell they're going to track it), so maybe there's a chance even if you're not lined up when it opens.

I wouldn't hold your breath for a premium copy though.

OmegaGoo
Nov 25, 2011

Could anyone bring a copy of Tash-Kalar? I've been meaning to learn/buy that for a while.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

OmegaGoo posted:

Could anyone bring a copy of Tash-Kalar? I've been meaning to learn/buy that for a while.

I'm bringing it, since it's very portable outside its box.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Anyone know if there's any scuttlebutt about Shadowrun Crossfire being on sale there? I want to get my hands on it if it exists but don't feel like waiting in a line for no real reason.

I also want to try and demo the new Flying Frog game because I like their games but $100 is steep to just buy randomly.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Len posted:

Anyone know if there's any scuttlebutt about Shadowrun Crossfire being on sale there? I want to get my hands on it if it exists but don't feel like waiting in a line for no real reason.
It will be on sale at the Catalyst booth, but they don't anticipate having enough copies to meet demand. Get there early, I guess.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

Quarex posted:

If anyone is curious "how nerdy is nerdy" regarding the Nerdy Trivia at Colts Grille on Wednesday (August 13, my birthday, hay guyz), well, what I remember from last year is that the reason my group won (my group was Nesbit37 and my non-Goon buddy Rich ... versus a table of a dozen other Goons :smug:) was because I instantly knew the Skyrim expansion that focused on owning your own house was Hearthfire, and the other Goon table apparently could not recall such an unimportant piece of information at the crucial moment.

Yeah but your table didn't have such an amazing name that Mayfair decided to buy you a round beers :smugbert:

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
What was the name?

I left work stoked to be gone for a week, said my goodbyes to folks and had packaged everything up for people to take care of next week, set my outlook out of office messages, etc.

Then had to drive back because I realized my badge was still stuck to my cube wall :)

Flying out to the midwest tomorrow to see friends and so fuckin' stoked to GenCon it up!

Sarx
May 27, 2007

The Marksman

Quarex posted:

If anyone is curious "how nerdy is nerdy" regarding the Nerdy Trivia at Colts Grille on Wednesday (August 13, my birthday, hay guyz), well, what I remember from last year is that the reason my group won (my group was Nesbit37 and my non-Goon buddy Rich ... versus a table of a dozen other Goons :smug:) was because I instantly knew the Skyrim expansion that focused on owning your own house was Hearthfire, and the other Goon table apparently could not recall such an unimportant piece of information at the crucial moment.

I forgot about that trivia. We will have to hit that up again since I can't imagine Trade Day being that exciting late into the evening.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)

Sarx posted:

I forgot about that trivia. We will have to hit that up again since I can't imagine Trade Day being that exciting late into the evening.

Trade day is dead after lunch. It's sad, really, I think a lot of the attendees for it use it to get a badge free from work or justify the vacation or something because most of the trade day panels have been lightly populated after lunch. When I do a panel there I definitely try to get slotted in the morning because of it.

I wouldn't bother going to the trade day evening demos unless you are curious and want to just check it out for five minutes. The businesses there in the past clearly only care if you are a retailer and they want you to stock their game and despite promises of freebies I haven't seen anything more than a game card given out in the past.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

Sigma-X posted:

What was the name?

I left work stoked to be gone for a week, said my goodbyes to folks and had packaged everything up for people to take care of next week, set my outlook out of office messages, etc.

Then had to drive back because I realized my badge was still stuck to my cube wall :)

Flying out to the midwest tomorrow to see friends and so fuckin' stoked to GenCon it up!

"I get why they are dressed like douchebags, but why do they call steampunk?"

gamingCaffeinator
Sep 6, 2010

I shall sing you the song of my people.
The groupme is so fun and nice. Anyone interested should totally try it because there are goons talking almost all the time!

Rockker
Nov 17, 2010

Nice, didn't see that there was a goon thread until now. First time going to GenCon for me so no idea what to expect (expect long lines, maybe?)

Not really doing any scheduled events, up for pretty much anything. Reading through the thread, most of the games that folks have mentioned are ones I'm up for playing or learning (Tash Kalar, the COIN games, Splotter games, any of the FFG LCGs, Battlecon). I could bring along an MTG Peasant Cube if there are any MTG players around. Looking to do some Netrunner drafting as well.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Would anyone play or learn Yomi if I brought it? It's pretty portable, but I'd still rather know if there's interest since car space will be limited.

Also I'll totally play anyone at Project M or Melee who wants to get bopped.

Kotae
May 22, 2007

how cute!
Just thought I would pop in and say hi - joined the groupme, and will put myself in the google doc as soon as I'm not on my phone.

Second time going to GenCon, and I'm local to Indy as well. Most of my days have events from noon on, but I will have downtime at some point, I'm sure.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Countblanc posted:

Would anyone play or learn Yomi if I brought it? It's pretty portable, but I'd still rather know if there's interest since car space will be limited.

I'd be down for Yomi. On the other side of Sirlin, I've got my custom card printed version of puzzle strike that doesn't get enough play. I'd be happy to bring along as well.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I'd be down for learning either Yomi or Puzzle Strike. Hit me up on GroupMe. Or text. Or email. Whatever.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
HELLO NEW GENGOONS! Come to the pub/brewery crawl on Thursday!

Also I will play peasant cube maybe.

camoseven posted:

:guinness: THE GOON BEER TOUR AND GENERAL INDY BEER INFO :guinness:

What? A walking tour of downtown Indy breweries and bars led by a local drunk/goon.
When? Thursday August 14th at 3:30pm until "question mark"
Where? We will meet at the NORTHEAST entrance to the convention center, AKA Capitol and Washington MARYLAND Streets.
No, I meant where are we going? Flat 12, Sun King, (MAYBE Indiana City or Outliers), Tomlinson Tap Room, MacNiven's. Here have A MAP! It's almost 4 miles if we walk the whole thing, but I know that many of you are fat and lazy so we will HOPEFULLY take an Uber or something to the first destination (Flat 12), which will cut the walking nearly in half!
Who can come? Whoever the gently caress wants to! Goons and non-goons are equally welcome.
Why is this on Thursday? Because it's when I have time, and because these places get loving packed on Friday nights, especially when conventions are in town! Trust me, it's better this way.

I would like some more information about places to eat and drink in Indianapolis, please. Well, aren't you a needy little poo poo! Luckily for you I made a list of places I like (and some I avoid) in the downtown Indy area! CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THIS UGLY LIST THAT I SPENT WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON! I was going to make a map, too, but :effort:. I also killed two birds with one stone and threw some things in there for my family, so just ignore any references to my mom's place or whatever.

Trynant
Oct 7, 2010

Countblanc posted:

I'm definitely going to bring Yomi to boot if that's a decider for you or not (mirror matches?!).

I want to bring a Rosenberg game along with the everything else, but I don't know which to pick from Agricola/Caverna/Le Havre/Ora & Labora.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

camoseven posted:

HELLO NEW GENGOONS! Come to the pub/brewery crawl on Thursday!

Yes do this. Indy has a pretty awesome bar scene and it's fun to drink and nerd out. Some of the places will probably have GenCon-themed happenings as well.

Trynant
Oct 7, 2010

Alright so here's an all-but final list the games I'm going to bring:

• Archipelago [2-5 players]
  • High Frontier 2nd ed. and its expansion Colonization [2-5 players, better with more]
  • BattleCON (War + Devastation extended + Strikers) [2 players with bonus modes playing up to 5]
  • Android: Netrunner (1 core set + 6/6 Genesis cycle packs + 4/6 Spin cycle packs] [2 players]
  • Roads & Boats &cetera (&cetera is the expansion) [2-6 players, better with less]
  • A Distant Plain (COIN game #3) [4 players]
  • Agricola[2-5 players]
  • Mage Wars (with all expansions) [2 players]
  • The Great Zimbabwe [2-5 players]
  • Gravwell [2-4 players]
  • Pax Porfiriana [2-6 players]
  • Flash Duel (just travel set) [2 players]
  • Yomi (complete 1st ed.) [2 players]
  • Love Letter [2-4 players]
  • Resistance Avalon [5-10 playesr]
  • Splendor [2-4 players]
  • Dungeon Twister Card Game [2 players]
  • Hive [2 players]

gently caress sanity.

Now to just figure out when/where to meet to play :getin:

EDIT: Had to put back some games :(

Trynant fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Aug 12, 2014

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
You and I already have a Mage Wars and Netrunner date. We should get a game of Avalon together at some point. Preferably at a bar/hotel with alcohol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Trynant posted:

Alright so here's an almost final list of (more or less) the games I'm going to bring:

• Archipelago
  • High Frontier 2nd ed. and its expansion Colonization
  • BattleCON (War + Devastation extended + Strikers)
  • Android: Netrunner stuff
  • Roads & Boats &cetera (etcetera is the expansion)
  • A Distant Plain (COIN game #3)
  • Agricola or Caverna depending on what people prefer
  • Mage Wars stuff
  • The Great Zimbabwe
  • Space Alert and New Frontier
  • Gravwell
  • Pax Porfiriana
  • Flash Duel
  • Yomi
  • Galaxy Trucker Anniversary Edition
  • Love Letter
  • Resistance Avalon
  • X-Wing Miniatures stuff
  • 18OE

gently caress sanity.

Now to just figure out when/where to meet to play :getin:

I'm free all the time pretty much so whenever you want to do Colonization is fine with me.

• Locked thread