Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Is there any chance you could re-upload the modded version of DF on a site that wasn't seized by the FBI?

Edit: Reverence and Solid Poopsnake, we're on Team 3. Seeing as we're an antlady, a troll, and a kobold, I vote we name our team the Cave Pals (for lack of a better idea).

edit: found it

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

atomicthumbs posted:

Is there any chance you could re-upload the modded version of DF on a site that wasn't seized by the FBI?

Edit: Reverence and Solid Poopsnake, we're on Team 3. Seeing as we're an antlady, a troll, and a kobold, I vote we name our team the Cave Pals (for lack of a better idea).

Works for me.

Also, we're loving doomed.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
Looks like I'm with synthorange and Goodchild in Team 4. Either of you have a name in mind?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

my dad posted:

In fact, we will name team 7 Platinum Helms

Going naked in the first round and two-handing a steel halberd. As an elf my guy is likely to run in front due to his high speed. This will end well.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Scrree posted:

Yeah, I felt stressed for points making my Serpentman and looking at how less points the bigger dudes get I see why so many of them walk into the arena basically naked except for their weapon.

Happy with the name? If you want to discuss strategy, I'm reachable by message, email, skype, irc or most anything you'd prefer.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Works for me.

Also, we're loving doomed.

yeah... I've been doing some testing, and apparently kobolds have very little blood in them :v:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Tarezax posted:

Going naked in the first round and two-handing a steel halberd. As an elf my guy is likely to run in front due to his high speed. This will end well.

While they're focused on killing you, they won't notice us hitting them with The Platinum Collection from behind. :getin:

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Haystack posted:

Silverminnow, Ablative. My fellow team 16-ers. We need to talk. Specifically, we need to talk about what we're gonna name our team, because that is a thing that we can do. I suggest Team Sexting, because I am mentally twelve.

Oh, also I guess we should coordinate builds a little bit. Want to do that over emails?

I'm entirely ambivalent toward the name. Coordination is probably a good idea, shoot me one ablativesa@gmail.com

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Also, Tarezax, you have a PM.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug
Sad I missed the entry, but my bets are in! Goodbye, dorfbux. Very interested to watch for decapitations in this one.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Do my teammates have PMs? You can contact me on there. I can't do a whole lot with my guy until I get home from work in a few hours.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Team 9, neurion and Duckaerobics, please email me at cth501@hotmail.com. I've got test results that I'd like for you guys to see, and we should probably coordinate in general. By the way, excellent new build, Duckaerobics.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Looks like I'm teamed up with team 6, Ninjavitis and Boing. Our team lineup looks workable at least.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

AJ_Impy posted:

Happy with the name? If you want to discuss strategy, I'm reachable by message, email, skype, irc or most anything you'd prefer.

I would love some strategy talk, Can we get on skype?

Edit: Skype info is my username.

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Aug 8, 2014

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Telsa Cola posted:

I would love some strategy talk, Can we get on skype?

Certainly. Look for the AJ with the big yellow smirking face.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

AJ_Impy posted:

Certainly. Look for the AJ with the big yellow smirking face.

Thanks, sent you a message.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Telsa Cola posted:

Thanks, sent you a message.

Haven't received it. What's your skype handle?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

AJ_Impy posted:

Haven't received it. What's your skype handle?

Same as my username here, Telsa Cola.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Bene Elim posted:

Sounds like a good strategy to me. Two melee plus whatever Ramc wants to do. Let's butcher Team 3!

VV Nice! Done. VV

I was also planning sword-and-board/dodge melee~

Lets stomp a carbon footprint in some asses.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Is there any benefit to unspent points?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Afriscipio posted:

Yes. Leave as many as possible unspent.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

My one bit of tactical advice for Meat and Two Veg is that maybe Onan should consider a blunt weapon so we have damage-type diversity (slash-bash-stab)

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Afriscipio posted:

Actually, if you survive to make it to the playoffs, you earn 20% interest on any unspent points.

Surviving long enough to make the playoffs without spending all of your points is the challenging part.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:siren: I have re-uploaded the modified version of the arena :siren:

It was discovered that I hadn't correctly removed damselflies from the arena the first time, so character macros were choking when trying to create elf characters in the arena. This has been fixed now.

http://arenachallenge.com/dwarffort/df_40_06_arena.zip

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Ramc posted:

My one bit of tactical advice for Meat and Two Veg is that maybe Onan should consider a blunt weapon so we have damage-type diversity (slash-bash-stab)

Well, I always imagined Onan as a blunt instrument.

And now, another question. For big, blunt objects, does hardness matter, or just weight? Silver seems better than iron for a mace, or am I misunderstanding?

Afriscipio fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 8, 2014

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

Galick posted:

Woo, Team Five. Khisanth Magus and Mlle I sincerely hope you have more of an idea than I do.
hahaha
hahahahaha

I can't speak for Khisanth, but I have no idea what I'm doing. We have ten arms between us though, maybe that'll count for something.
I think I'm gonna pack whips, so you guys might piercing and crushing weapons

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Afriscipio posted:

Well, I always imagined Onan as a blunt instrument.

And now, another question. For big, blunt objects, does hardness matter, or just weight? Silver seems better than iron for a mace, or am I misunderstanding?

In DF2010 and DF2012, weight trumped everything when it came to blunt weapons. I haven't yet seen anything in DF2014 to indicate that that has changed.

Platinum is generally even more effective than silver, if you can afford it.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?

Mlle posted:

hahaha
hahahahaha

I can't speak for Khisanth, but I have no idea what I'm doing. We have ten arms between us though, maybe that'll count for something.
I think I'm gonna pack whips, so you guys might piercing and crushing weapons

In light of this I vote we name Team Five to This Can't Possibly Fail
Never mind, I just noticed we already had a name. It fits very well.

My plan:
gently caress it, wrasslin'

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Someone better put together a team of buffmen who survive through a combination of skill and oiled muscles.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

goatface posted:

Someone better put together a team of buffmen who survive through a combination of skill and oiled muscles.

Well, there's one experiment result I'm willing to share with everyone. It looks like the rules of this tournament provide a massive nerf to big guys. Big guys rely on knocking down smaller opponents and stomping them into the curb while they're defenseless. With 3 people on each side, unless the big guys can kill the guy on the ground really fast, there will always be someone capable of striking back with something choppy/stabby/smashy.

However, wrestling can be surprisingly useful against guys who dodge well, if there's at least one other teammate attacking the same enemy. So, a buffman might work.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Does everyone think a Monday start will give you enough time to play around with different builds, before we get underway? I figure three days should be enough.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Pft, testing. :smug:

Reverence
Nov 1, 2009

atomicthumbs posted:

Sounds good to me.

Solid Poopsnake my ant woman is destroying your troll with less than one page on the reports screen 10 times out of 10 :mmmhmm:.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Galick posted:

Pft, testing. :smug:

Watching little pixelmans fight is fun. :shobon:

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

Galick posted:

In light of this I vote we name Team Five to This Can't Possibly Fail
Never mind, I just noticed we already had a name. It fits very well.

My plan:
gently caress it, wrasslin'

Nutkicker's gonna be a beast. :allears:

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Monday start sounds good to me!

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Initially I thought this would be at the least an interesting thing to do while I wait for Toady to finish with all the bugfixes this cycle. However, after hearing about how nasty One-Eyed Willie can be to his opponents, I'm itching to see how our team matches up against everyone else :getin:

Can't wait for Monday now!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Monday is good. Let's see how well the tiny trio fare against three of the nastiest critters ever to step into the pixellated circle.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

One question - the team that advances has their members resurrected if they die, right? No drawbacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Galick posted:

One question - the team that advances has their members resurrected if they die, right? No drawbacks?

Yes. In fact, each team gets three matches before the playoff starts, and everyone is fully resurrected and healed before each match. It's the magic of Dwarfhalla.

• Locked thread