Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psybro
May 12, 2002

Parity warning posted:

Has anyone suggested just supporting every team and football and being friends and having a good time? :)

World Cup's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Just weighing in to say, that whilst he seems a really good manager, Brendan Rogers also seems a massive loving div.

he's a decent manager but he's a gobshite who spouts a bunch of shite that liverpool fans lap up because they're idiots in this pandas opinion

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Parity warning posted:

Has anyone suggested just supporting every team and football and being friends and having a good time? :)

No, gently caress off. Fundamentally, we don't want you here etc etc I'm a div.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Parity warning posted:

no

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Tremendous Taste posted:

I can read the drat table, I asked because I don't have the familiarity or time to spend looking into a great number of teams. If I did I wouldn't have asked.

It's like asking for directions and getting told to try a couple roads and see what I like so I can really stay ~authentic~

No it's really more like moving to a new city and asking where the best restaurants are, and being told to try a couple from a short list to decide on your own which one you prefer.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Support Liverpool, they're great.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

MeramJert posted:

No it's really more like moving to a new city and asking where the best restaurants are, and being told to try a couple from a short list to decide on your own which one you prefer.

hes American he wants the most aggressive and direct restaurants

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

MeramJert posted:

You might've had better answers if you had asked which teams to watch instead of which team to support then.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I think it'd still be a good idea to have a New Friends thread like we did for the World Cup. I could write it, and it'd be full of pictures of dogs and veiled sexual threats.

That way they wouldn't post here, in the nice place.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I think it'd still be a good idea to have a New Friends thread like we did for the World Cup. I could write it, and it'd be full of pictures of dogs and veiled sexual threats.

Ok do that

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
reminder that if you can't see your clubs stadium from your bedroom window you're a massive plastic who should literally kill themselves

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

It's like asking for directions and getting told to try a couple roads and see what I like so I can really stay ~authentic~

Yeah, this is the best description of watching football I've ever read.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

not not luvd posted:

reminder that if you can't see your clubs stadium from your bedroom window you're a massive plastic who should literally kill themselves

What if your bedroom is on the wrong side of the house?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

not not luvd posted:

But my high school team doesn't have a stadium

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

vyelkin posted:

If you loved your club you'd move

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

vyelkin posted:

Omnikin posted:

But my high school team doesn't have a stadium

move

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Don't be too harsh guys. As long as you can walk home from a game and still be home in time for tea it's cool and certified non-plastic.

If you live out in the sticks and not in the city then just support yourself you lazy farmers and stop stealing all my tax money in subsidies! Or Ipswich. They are all farmers.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I've taken to sleeping rough under tt's loving gaze. One look at his bronze face is all I need to keep warm.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I think that if you're standing on your roof and you can throw a rock and have it land on stadium grounds then you're good. That way poor people who live in apartment buildings get a leg up on rich people in houses, and babies are all plastics.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
All new posters should have to support Burnley or Leicester this upcoming season if they ask who to support. Also, this rule should apply to Action Jackson every season.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

not not luvd posted:

agreed

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Shoren posted:

All new posters should have to support Burnley or Leicester this upcoming season if they ask who to support. Also, this rule should apply to Action Jackson every season.

Burnley have that guy who scored lots of goals in the Championship, yes? Seems vaguely interesting

QPR and Harry are back goddamn no

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

If you loved your club you'd move

If you had to move to see it you're actually the worst kind of plastic

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

if you weren't in the clubs youth program are you really a fan? idk

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shoren posted:

I think it should be a rule that whoever posts a 'what team should I follow' post has to support the winner of the promotion playoff, with no exceptions.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
i can see my clubs stadium from my window and also...wait. that bulldozer sure is getting bigger.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

This would be good and I encourage you to do this.

Headhunter
Jun 3, 2003
One - You lock the target

Masonity posted:

Don't be too harsh guys. As long as you can walk home from a game and still be home in time for tea it's cool and certified non-plastic.

This is a dumb rule as it means I would have to support noted poo poo club Leeds United.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Headhunter posted:

This is a dumb rule as it means I would have to support noted poo poo club Leeds United.

It's better to be a oval office than a plastic imho

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Why bother? If people can't just watch some games and be entertained by a certain team, then they probably don't understand the fundamental concept of sports (or they're watching Hull or Sunderland).

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

8raz posted:

i can see my clubs stadium from my window and also...wait. that bulldozer sure is getting bigger.

lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

8raz posted:

Nice.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
I think if you're across the pond you can just pick a team that's in danger of relegation because you want to support your big fat garbage-countryman and then have your heart stolen by clever young Koreans and sly little Italians and start writing fanfiction while you wait for the season to start

It's a p good life

edit - I just realized Ksy is gone and I didn't even know it, I'm a plastic for a poo poo team booooooooooo

Omnikin fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Aug 9, 2014

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Headhunter posted:

You've made a powerful enemy today. Also lol you live in Beeston

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

not not luvd posted:

is this why the canaries lost one Top Top Fan a few years ago

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

If you decide you don't want to make this, shoot me a PM and I'll do it. Also sign me up to write an effort post about West Brom and/or the referees. (Kidding about the refs part and if Thirteenth Step wants to do the WBA post I'll let him since I've done it in the past)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I made a bunch of posts in the World Cup new fans thread, feel free to copy them if they are useful. Other people made posts there too i guess.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm always up for a little effortposting re: the swansea swans

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I would prefer a sticky that just says "Don't ask who to support"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007