Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Potsticker posted:

Hopefully they do away with losing your inventory on death.
Or at least make it an option, like Terraria.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedXII
Dec 4, 2006

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

Kly posted:

Yes, lets talk about all the exciting new content Starbound has.

nightlies have moon outposts you can't actually get to without cheating your way in.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
UUhh I need help with the installation of the Avian birdcocks, the game just crashes on launch.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

RedXII posted:

nightlies have moon outposts you can't actually get to without cheating your way in.

I dont think you can do anything on nightlies without cheating.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
wheres the sex mods

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I AM BRAWW posted:

UUhh I need help with the installation of the Avian birdcocks, the game just crashes on launch.

That's 'cause birds don't have cocks! God.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Or at least make it an option, like Terraria.

I liked that you'd still lose pixels before. I mentioned in the Minecraft thread the other day that I'd feel better about keeping my inventory in that game if you still dropped xp.

RedXII
Dec 4, 2006

"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money."

Rrussom posted:

I dont think you can do anything on nightlies without cheating.

That's fast becoming this game's mantra. "You can't do anything without cheating"

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

everythingWasBees posted:

Stop ruining my headcannon.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

wrong

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
http://starbounder.org/Version_History/Nightly

Edit: woooah new page

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

What the gently caress?!

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

RedXII posted:

Yes, lets ignore everyone we don't agree with. That surely is putting this internet forum we paid 10 bucks for to good use.

I mentioned this earlier, but this isn't really an argument - people aren't going to be convinced one way or the other because this is literally an 'I'm upset at how my expectations weren't met' vs 'I'm not upset and content to wait'. I think ignoring the other side is probably more sensible then trying to convince em.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Does the birdcock mod give them bird-like or human-like cocks.

As a professional cockologist I

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

I AM BRAWW posted:

What the gently caress?!

Birds and reptiles have a weird set of internal genitalia\ butthole called a cloaca.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Shoehead posted:

Birds and reptiles have with weird set of internal genitalia\ butthole called a cloaca.

OK but I just want help with the loving bird penis mod not a National Geographic episode regarding bird genitalia.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I AM BRAWW posted:

OK but I just want help with the loving bird penis mod not a National Geographic episode regarding bird genitalia.

But it breaks the lore! Bad enough that the artists were pressured to add mammaries to loving birds, of all things, but cocks? You should be ashamed of yourself.

RedXII
Dec 4, 2006

I AM BRAWW posted:

why not just get the dragon dildo mod?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

RedXII posted:

Why dildoes and not cocks?

RedXII
Dec 4, 2006

Potsticker posted:

Why dildoes and not cocks?

better compatibility I hear. less crash prone.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Monsters and combat

quote:

Monster Combat Changed:
Knockback removed
New Monster Parts
Massive amount of unique attacks added for most monster body parts, ranged and special[2]
Attack behavior changed for ground monsters and birds
Monster vocalization toned down
Monster spawning changes:
The set of monster families which spawn in an area is now biome specific
Color palette of monsters matches the biome
Density of each monster type can be individually adjusted
Size matters - Smaller monster variants are now weaker and more common, while larger monsters are stronger with more deadly special attacks (e.g. only large types use projectile attacks)
Large Flying Monster type added[3]
Monsters no longer cluster around planet beam down points
Monster difficulty curve smoothed for early game, also difficulty now scales upward with depth underground.
Poptops added
New boss which digs through the ground and attacks with a drill[4]
Shields completely overhauled[5]
Ability to parry attacks added

This is an awesome sounding boss. The real question is how are you going to stop griefers from summoning it from underneath your 1:1 model of Planet Zebes.

haunted bear tale
May 14, 2013

Found this forum description through the above.
http://starbounder.org/Traditional_Wooden_Post

quote:

Apex: An unremarkable post.
Avian: Pretty good for sharpening one's beak on.
Floran: Possst. Chop post. Chop!
Glitch: Critical. Even for a basic post, this is uninspiring.
Human: This post seems quite wobbly.
Hylotl: This post represents an eternal bastion of strength, rising out of the ocean to claim the skies.

Critical. Even for a basic post, this is uninspiring.

Otherwise, liking the zen minibiome. ;-*

RedXII
Dec 4, 2006

Literally Kermit posted:

Monsters and combat

This is an awesome sounding boss. The real question is how are you going to stop griefers from summoning it from underneath your 1:1 model of Planet Zebes.

I don't think you are meant to build things in this game. Planets are supposed to be disposable and the only customization allowed is in your ship.

It's not like there's a planet bookmarking feature they promised and never delivered or anything.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Literally Kermit posted:

New monster parts

Dragon dicks confirmed.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Literally Kermit posted:

Monsters and combat

I'm looking forward to fighting it the game's awful combat system.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

RedXII posted:

It's not like there's a planet bookmarking feature they promised and never delivered or anything.

Shame the final build is already out.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

But it breaks the lore! Bad enough that the artists were pressured to add mammaries to loving birds, of all things, but cocks? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Fine, y'know what, gently caress it I'll go with the lore-friendly dragon dildo mod.

RedXII posted:

Do you have a link? I can't find it.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Literally Kermit posted:

The real question is how are you going to stop griefers from summoning it from underneath your 1:1 model of Planet Zebes.

A few years ago they talked about adding some kind of "heart of the dungeon" kind of thing that would protect blocks from being destroyed unless it was toggled or removed. Maybe in a couple years if that gets added it will just stop the spawning of block destroying monsters nearby.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

RedXII posted:

I don't think you are meant to build things in this game. Planets are supposed to be disposable and the only customization allowed is in your ship.

Yeah too bad the game is finished and not being worked on daily or anything.

RedXII
Dec 4, 2006

Lizard Wizard posted:

Shame the final build is already out.

Odds of this being in the final build? I mean we still don't have a way to rebind keys in game and the ability to delete characters was only recently added in the nightlies. I think I can bet with good odds on bookmarking being in 1.0.

I AM BRAWW posted:

Fine, y'know what, gently caress it I'll go with the lore-friendly dragon dildo mod.

Do you have a link? I can't find it.

Nexus has you covered, Braww.

http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/146/

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

RedXII posted:

quote:

Grab a pen and paper. Write co-ordinates. It's probably not in by now because changes completely change up planet generation. :shrug:

Ship Upgrade Expansions for all races - Apex Ship, Avian Ship, Floran Ship, Glitch Ship, Human Ship, Hylotl Ship
Ship repair items added - FTL Repair Kit, Ship Repair Kit
Changed ship items to match racial ship colors
Early Ship AI
Allows player to 3D print, view tech, and repair the ship
Player's ship is initially damaged and cannot travel to other planets, Ship AI provides quests to repair ship and engine.
Ship AI can create a new Matter Manipulator for the player if needed.
Navigation panel overhauled
Planet Info Panel expanded
Sub-biomes listed
Weather and hazard types added to planet details
Sectors Removed

I agree with you, though, pen and paper gets old fast. A planet bookmark system has to go in pretty loving sooner than later.'

NotALizardman posted:

I'm looking forward to fighting it the game's awful combat system.

Supposedly the combat system has changed up a lot. I just listed all the current changes to the combat system, actually. How could you miss all that?

RedXII
Dec 4, 2006

Shoehead posted:

Yeah too bad the game is finished and not being worked on daily or anything.

You know what, I'm willing to toxx clause it. If bookmarking is in 1.0 go ahead and ban me.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Kly posted:

A few years ago they talked about adding some kind of "heart of the dungeon" kind of thing that would protect blocks from being destroyed unless it was toggled or removed. Maybe in a couple years if that gets added it will just stop the spawning of block destroying monsters nearby.

They started work on implementing that a week ago I think, actually.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Literally Kermit posted:

Supposedly the combat system has changed up a lot. I just listed all the current changes to the combat system, actually. How could you miss all that?

If that's from the nightly builds, I tried them out and combat still feels like poo poo, just a different kind of poo poo.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Kly posted:

See that's something I'd rather be handled by a mod or something. Artificially being unable to drill and build through dungeons would make exploring less exciting.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

They started work on implementing that a week ago I think, actually.

No more solving ape-rture science test courses by drilling through the loving walls? The end of an era. :saddowns:

Potsticker posted:

See that's something I'd rather be handled by a mod or something. Artificially being unable to drill and build through dungeons would make exploring less exciting.

Yeah, unless the block makes it so SOME blocks are drillable, it would force players to always go in the proper entrance. I like accidentally drilling into ancient tombs.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Does anyone want to let me use their nexus account to download this, please?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Kly posted:

They really should add in something like that. Right now it's really awkward how often you can just completely bypass or wreck many of the hazardous dungeon-y areas.

RedXII posted:

You know what, I'm willing to toxx clause it. If bookmarking is in 1.0 go ahead and ban me.

:wow:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Actually, if the heart only spawned some of the time, so you could have abandoned olaces where space moles burrow free and occupied facilities still in use it would not only provide more variety, but satisfy both types of player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Potsticker posted:

Actually, if the heart only spawned some of the time, so you could have abandoned olaces where space moles burrow free and occupied facilities still in use it would not only provide more variety, but satisfy both types of player.

I think it's only being applie1d2f`q to very specific dungeons, from what I saw in the updates.

• Locked thread