Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I thought the fish died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
it wouldn't be surprising, if the guy was taking the chat's advice to use food to make it swim around more or move toward certain buttons

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
But that would be cheating~

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
http://www.dailystormer.com/western-feminists-attack-indians-for-photoshoot-glamorizing-gang-rape/

Is the daily stormer some neonazi site or really painful satire or what?

quote:

A fashion shoot in India is coming under international fire for featuring a woman getting groped by men on a bus, apparently purposefully referencing the infamous 2012 Delhi gang-rape case.

The feminists are having seizures.

What the glamorization of a rape scene shows is that rape is a deeply embedded, genetically-determined aspect of Indian sexuality. These people are not the same as us, and their minds do not function in the same way. Just as animals “rape” one another as a normal method of breeding, so do many humans.

But the feminist blogosphere is outraged by the images. Because outrage is their livelihood.

It is ridiculous that the White Western World wishes to enforce their morality on these savage brown people. Morality is a function of the social order, designed to make it work. If Indians can maintain a functional social order while celebrating gang-rape, whose business is that? Some teenage feminist on Tumbler? Even if they can’t maintain their social order by promoting gang-rape, whose problem is that?

Why do we think it is our job to go fix these people? Is there anything more condescending than going to brown countries and trying to tell the people how to live their lives? Isn’t that the exact same thing that the evil White colonizers get accused of doing?

If it is different, liberals, than what exactly is the difference?

Your only possible argument would be that feminist morality is objectively better than Christian morality, and that would be a fallacy because by definition morality is an abstraction which can only be deemed objective in nature when being defined by an stable social paradigm. In other words, inflicting any type of moral imperative on a foreign culture is a condescending social invasion.

Another difference is that during the colonial period, we didn’t already know that it is impossible to get brown people to abide by civilized Western codes of conduct. We now have hundreds of years of this fact being repeatedly demonstrated. End your Jihad against thousands of years old perverted Indian weirdness, and do something about the black rape epidemic in America, or the Muslim rape epidemic in Europe.

And the Indian photoshoot are also the idiots.

What the hell.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I'm guessing with a name like "Daily Stormer" that yes, it is a neonazi site. And what the gently caress with that photo shoot, messed up.

Oh look, their front page has a section for news stories categorized as the "Jewish Problem" :shepface:

54 40 or fuck has a new favorite as of 13:19 on Aug 10, 2014

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
It took me to long to notice that was the women's arm an hand and not a penis around those....legs? Still a little confused.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Red's full text was:

"Now now Robby, you're supposed to be a liberal ... It's not their fault i'm sure that all that government assistance certainly can't be enough and a job out of the question.., they might miss the Jerry Springer show .."

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

N. Senada posted:

Red's full text was:

"Now now Robby, you're supposed to be a liberal ... It's not their fault i'm sure that all that government assistance certainly can't be enough and a job out of the question.., they might miss the Jerry Springer show .."

I wonder what the sermon was about during mass. I bet it was that time Jesus was like "gently caress poor people, they smell. Being rich is the only way to get into heaven."

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
It's a good church like that.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

kazil posted:

I wonder what the sermon was about during mass. I bet it was that time Jesus was like "gently caress poor people, they smell. Being rich is the only way to get into heaven."

FYGM Jesus is my favorite Jesus.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

EdibleBodyParts
Dec 27, 2005
Body Parts...that are edible

kazil posted:

Assuming this is Bellevue, Wa., that's probably right. Bellevue is mostly for people who have money and don't want to deal with the poors in Seattle, but don't have enough money for Mercer Island.

Kraps
Sep 9, 2011

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

mng posted:

I liked when that one sov-cit guy got tased like a bitch. "I GET TO DO WHAT I WANT TO!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfVbiefMdNU

P. Barnes won't take any of your poo poo.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Deltasquid posted:

What the hell.

You don't get it plebe, he's being sexy and provocative, and not in any way crassly cashing in on a controversial subject to bathe in the limelight while not having in any way to bear the consequences of the rape he's using to become a superstar.

Varjon
Oct 9, 2012

Comrades, I am discover LSD!

kazil posted:

This is a legitimate* and rising interpretation of Christianity. Any affluent area church is probably preaching about why it's ok to be rich, it's not unheard of or even uncommon.

*as in, it's a real thing

If you want to have a laugh, listen to them try to explain away the "eye of a needle" thing.

SodomyGoat101
Nov 20, 2012

Varjon posted:

If you want to have a laugh, listen to them try to explain away the "eye of a needle" thing.

I actually had this one explained to me as a kid. The pastor said it was a famous mistranslation, and Jesus actually said it was easier for a camel's hair to pass through the eye of a needle. Then he told us that needles back then were much, much bigger, and it was actually pretty easy to put a camel's hair through the eye of a needle.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

SodomyGoat101 posted:

I actually had this one explained to me as a kid. The pastor said it was a famous mistranslation, and Jesus actually said it was easier for a camel's hair to pass through the eye of a needle. Then he told us that needles back then were much, much bigger, and it was actually pretty easy to put a camel's hair through the eye of a needle.

That's...marginally better than the typical explanation which is there was a really narrow gate in Jerusalem called the Eye of the Needle and in order for a merchant to get a camel through they had to take off some the stuff it was carrying. So you see, what Jesus was really saying was that you couldn't be TOO rich, just kinda rich.

No prize for guessing how much historical evidence there is for this supposed gate in Jerusalem.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

1stGear posted:

That's...marginally better than the typical explanation which is there was a really narrow gate in Jerusalem called the Eye of the Needle and in order for a merchant to get a camel through they had to take off some the stuff it was carrying. So you see, what Jesus was really saying was that you couldn't be TOO rich, just kinda rich.

No prize for guessing how much historical evidence there is for this supposed gate in Jerusalem.

Funny, because elsewhere he specifically advocated giving away all your worldly possessions and becoming a bum. You'd think that would suggest he didn't value 'riches'.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;…

From Matthew ch6. Seems pretty clear to me

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

So be a job creator with your money (to make more money) and also you can kill thieves if you want. That's what I'm getting at least.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

SybilVimes posted:

Funny, because elsewhere he specifically advocated giving away all your worldly possessions and becoming a bum. You'd think that would suggest he didn't value 'riches'.

That isn't in the bible my pastor reads to me from his hand picked verses. :smug:

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Breaky posted:

19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal;…

From Matthew ch6. Seems pretty clear to me

Earth = where the poor plebs live
Heaven = where the rich masters live

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
For every Bible verse that agrees with your belief, there are two that disagree.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

SpliffClavin posted:

For every Bible verse that agrees with your belief, there are two that disagree.

Where are all these bible verses about how rich people are awesome and need to focus on getting even more money

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
In the Book of Mormon

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Where are all these bible verses about how rich people are awesome and need to focus on getting even more money

The great thing about the Bible is that it's really vague. You can interpret the verses to suit your needs. God hardly ever shows up to clarify himself.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

SpliffClavin posted:

God hardly ever shows up to clarify himself.

He does, it's called the new testament

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
It's a bit meta, but the other day a journalist wrote 1,400 words about how he doesn't care that some people blocked him.

At least he isn't calling the Block Bot some ultra-misogynist evil like some people are? :shrug:

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

He does, it's called the new testament

And then people kept asking for more clarification, so He wrote the Qu'ran.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Don Gato posted:

And then people kept asking for more clarification, so He wrote the Qu'ran.

It was a this point He basically said "Okay that's it, no more prophets, stop bugging me jfc"

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Haha so aside from the obvious racism this guy is arguing that gang rape is part of christian morality. And that's a good thing.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

swampland posted:

Haha so aside from the obvious racism this guy is arguing that gang rape is part of christian morality. And that's a good thing.
Well, it is more economical if you can split up the 50 shekels paid to the dad for it.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

EdibleBodyParts posted:

Assuming this is Bellevue, Wa., that's probably right. Bellevue is mostly for people who have money and don't want to deal with the poors in Seattle, but don't have enough money for Mercer Island.

It's in the Greater Cincinnati area, fyi.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Comedy gold.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

i didn't want to believe this was real, but apparently, it is

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...isney-days.html

then i found out they did a marge simpson version :gonk:

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

No joke there are people who think that this is what the Parable of the Talents means.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

Segmentation Fault posted:

It was a this point He basically said "Okay that's it, no more prophets, stop bugging me jfc"

What about Joseph Smith? :smuggo:

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
I blocked that Joshua Feuerstein moron and literally everything & everyone having to do with him from my Facebook. Even anyone who likes him or shares his videos once is getting blocked. He is literally THE most annoying person I have ever seen on the Internet and that requires some kind of award. I'm not even being hyperbolic when I say that.

e: this is an example of him at his finest for anyone curious. His videos are super popular among the evangelical Christian set and are regularly shared with tens of thousands of likes.

Captain Mog has a new favorite as of 03:43 on Aug 11, 2014

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
This is more like Assholes on Social Media but whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

This is more like Assholes on Social Media but whatever.

I'll hazard a guess that they're not talking about the two women in that photo.

• Locked thread