Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

A Tartan Tory posted:

I should totally aurax the spiker just to say I have auraxed the Phaseshift, Spiker AND original pre-buff Jackhammer. :stare:

Wait you actually auraxed the phase shift? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaod
May 29, 2004

Alkydere posted:

Not even kidding. Pop was something like 32/30/34 VS/TR/NC on Amerish when TR drop their entire population into a biolab to steal it from NC.

Only to find that VS had taken their Amp Station, Tech Lab and was gobbling up other various territories unopposed. So half of TR quit, the other half tried and failed to push GOKU out of Splitpeak Pass and THEN quit. By the end, TR's pop was something like 5% on Amerish.
I think it was the tech plant loss that did it. I can't pull prowlers after capturing a biolab? Time to log off. Not 10 minutes later after capturing the biolab they lost it to NC. Yes the base they just lost 4+ bases to capture they gave up and logged off instead of defending it. What you described was bad, but when they let us take SNA after that practically unopposed because they were fighting the NC two bases away that was the cherry on top.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Fans posted:

Patch happened!

Good luck ever stopping air now. We have no more hope, air rules the game there is nothing we can do we are lo-

:getin:

I mean, 350 -> 450 isn't that big a change, min time to pull the next max is now 2 minutes, max time is six. We're still going to see far, far more crutch-suits than we did before the resource overhaul.

It's... It's almost as if timers actually had a purpose.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Fans posted:

Good luck ever stopping air now. We have no more hope, air rules the game there is nothing we can do we are lo-

Yeah if only I could spend half as much for 4x the hp and dual walkers.
Oh right!
:getin:

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
Saturday was the first time I logged on since the update and I was pulling tons of maxes (and sunderers) because 1) lots of aircraft/sunderers to shoot and 2) I had stockpiled consumables before the patch so I was always at full nanites. I'm worried that the MAX price hike is based on bad data, and that vehicle and MAX spam will decrease as players burn through their stockpiled consumables. Most of my infantry loadouts will cost between 250 and 350 nanites (450 for my medic!), which will cut into my MAX funds.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Avulsion posted:

Saturday was the first time I logged on since the update and I was pulling tons of maxes (and sunderers) because 1) lots of aircraft/sunderers to shoot and 2) I had stockpiled consumables before the patch so I was always at full nanites. I'm worried that the MAX price hike is based on bad data, and that vehicle and MAX spam will decrease as players burn through their stockpiled consumables. Most of my infantry loadouts will cost between 250 and 350 nanites (450 for my medic!), which will cut into my MAX funds.

Nope. We've all burned through our stockpiles by this point and I still pull everything I want whenever I want it while chucking nades and chugging kits and C4 all the time.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

The real answer to butchering air is a shield sundy with dual walkers on top. :getin:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

o muerte posted:

I mean, 350 -> 450 isn't that big a change, min time to pull the next max is now 2 minutes, max time is six. We're still going to see far, far more crutch-suits than we did before the resource overhaul.

It's... It's almost as if timers actually had a purpose.

Yeah I know it's not that big a change, I'm just keen to see lock on launchers not be poo poo again. Time to break the Striker out of storage.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
drat, I was going to delete my VS and make a TR on my days off to get some of that sweet, sweet lockdown action I've heard about.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Lockdown 5 Flak MAX's are the only thing that makes me feel okay about the Striker being so poo poo compared to the Pheonix or Lancer.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

keyframe posted:

Yeah? It took me like 20 hours played and 7 days IRL time. Was pretty easy really.

I'm currently world number 10 with it apparently.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Wow apparently people actually use the vortex and get kills with it? how the hell does this happen?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

keyframe posted:

I can easily see it happening if you're just lone-wolfing it during chill-ops and getting around behind/to the side of enemy flanks. Especially in the early days of Hossin. Tartan's mentioned, several times, he got drop-podded into a Hossin tree during a TR/NC fight and sat there being a Phase Shitter until a GM poked him going "Dude. Really?" After something like that I can totally see him actually Auraxing it.

And yeah, if have half a brain and aren't actually on the front lines doing the whole "snipers standing still looking straight ahead sniping snipers standing still looking straight" stupidity, I can say it's a trivially easy gun to get kills with. Especially since with no bullet drop there's no loving reason to not put a silencer on it, so it's not like you'll ever show up on radar. Also, with no ammo counter, there's no reason to not take shots.

In other news. Managed to get a 15 kill streak with sticky grenades :black101:. Got a perfect angle on a lovely door that NC kept refilling, it was like scooping a bucket of water out of the ocean: more just refilled the hole of bodies I left behind. I would have kept going but my bandolier only held 4 stickies, and I was out of nanites from earlier sticky charges.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Arghy posted:

Wow apparently people actually use the vortex and get kills with it? how the hell does this happen?

poo poo I've soloed dumb tank drivers with the vortex.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

If NC ever starts whining about their guns i'm going to smack them so hard https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428010618037986929/killboard i was literally a one man army with the GDS its so loving accurate and i haven't even tried the loving anchor yet! The best poo poo was killing all of those dudes then sitting with my pistol out as i screamed for ammo because no one else was surviving long enough to need ammo haha.

Why the hell does the medic directives include savior kills? that poo poo should be HA/max kills who the hell cares about saving a dude when your a class that literally brings the dead back to life. Also gently caress those shield ribbons so hard, i killed 3 TR HA's in a row because i popped my heal aura and head shotted them one after another with the terminus. Shield dong is like being a HA without overshield.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Alkydere posted:

I can easily see it happening if you're just lone-wolfing it during chill-ops and getting around behind/to the side of enemy flanks. Especially in the early days of Hossin. Tartan's mentioned, several times, he got drop-podded into a Hossin tree during a TR/NC fight and sat there being a Phase Shitter until a GM poked him going "Dude. Really?" After something like that I can totally see him actually Auraxing it.

And yeah, if have half a brain and aren't actually on the front lines doing the whole "snipers standing still looking straight ahead sniping snipers standing still looking straight" stupidity, I can say it's a trivially easy gun to get kills with. Especially since with no bullet drop there's no loving reason to not put a silencer on it, so it's not like you'll ever show up on radar. Also, with no ammo counter, there's no reason to not take shots.

Yeah, I got a 237 kill streak once at fallbridge chemical, probably the biggest I have ever had even during the glory days of UBGL cheesing. Just sat in the tree of life plinking away at stream after stream of NC for 3 hours. That was the incident where the GM contacted me after about 200 kills asking what I was doing, we had a bit of a laugh about it because he got reports like that all the time from people who were being murdered by tree wookies.

Also sniper rifles in general are very easy to aurax, if you know the right spots to be in, it's literally just a case of farming.

I will say though, that I am still very conservative about taking shots, even with the phaseshift. Fluffed shots, no matter how far away you are from the target, force you to move. And with the places I know, I don't want to move.

P.S. I just bought the spiker, will update soon on how poo poo it is.

A Tartan Tory fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Aug 11, 2014

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Haven't played in a while, what does "Lock on missiles should be back to their previous functionality" mean?

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I hope it means it changes the way they launch. Instead of going to an intercept point, which is usually a tree or a rock, it instead launches and follows.

If it's the latter, I can only imagine the amount of tears air autists are spewing.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

No Lock-ons are bugged right now as in they lose lock if an ESF turns.

Also the spiker is bad, very bad.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Nameless Dread posted:

Haven't played in a while, what does "Lock on missiles should be back to their previous functionality" mean?

They got broken in the previous patch and were not locking on. I forgot I had a load out with the Annihilator on it and the other day I was just nicely pointing it at an armor column to no effect.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Yeah I had a pretty frustrating time last night trying to lock on at Amerish and having it constantly flicker on some ESF's. I want my Air Deterrence Directive dammit.

I'm hoping they also fix the lock ons 'tracking' and piling into the ground, but probably not.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Arghy posted:

Why the hell does the medic directives include savior kills?

They expect medics to stand in the line of fire and cover their revival patients like it's reasonable to do at all haha. On the plus side, for people still chasing the Directive Weapons, it's not that big a deal to fill out the kill-anything requirements for the medic.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Arghy posted:

Why the hell does the medic directives include savior kills?

Probably because they expect medics to be hanging back covering people and reviving them rather than playing as a HA with a different kind of overshield. It's not like Savior kills are hard to get regardless.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Pand posted:

Also the spiker is bad, very bad.

I had to look up a thesaurus to see if there was a word that could describe just how garbage it is, but none seem to be worth the spiker...

http://thesaurus.com/browse/bad

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

A Tartan Tory posted:

I had to look up a thesaurus to see if there was a word that could describe just how garbage it is, but none seem to be worth the spiker...

It's all of them clued together.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?
Alright, TR is amazing and I don't know why I've been using VS this long. If there's bullet drop I'm not noticing because my bullet hose is spraying them out too quickly. Also Magriders are made of purple candy that have a soft cert center just waiting for a Pounder MAX to open up, you just follow the glowing PPA line back to the source and get certs. It's like a really easy Where's Waldo since they don't bother moving until they are on fire.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Fans posted:

Patch happened!

Dual walker sundereres. :eng101:

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures

Arghy posted:

The vortex gets way more hate then is warranted, it's my go to for my AV MAX loadout.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

A Tartan Tory posted:

"Defective"? I mean, I think that gets the sense of "this piece of poo poo is not working properly" across quite well.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Frabba posted:

The vortex gets way more hate then is warranted, it's my go to for my AV MAX loadout.

It's at least comparable to Comets if a) you aren't even planning to try to kill infantry, and b) you hate the Comets' tiny mags as much as I do. That said, you don't see VS pull AV MAXes much, but I guess it's for much the same reason you don't see AP Magriders.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Alkydere posted:

It makes me envy/hate the NC so much. And the TR. VS gets so shafted on pistols. Not even TR can bitch about their OP weapons being poo poo when there are VS ones to compare them to.
I'm actually kinda surprised I don't see more TR Stalker Infiltrators just dumping Repeaters into people's backs, it's just about as easy as it gets.

wei posted:

The Mag Shot also comes in gold if you're not a scrub.
I believe you mean it comes in "broken texture that's supposed to be gold like the Repeater/Beamer but isn't." :smith:

Klowns posted:

Alright, TR is amazing and I don't know why I've been using VS this long.
This is every goon's reaction to TR and yet you fucks keep insisting on maining VS/NC.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Nakar posted:

This is every goon's reaction to TR and yet you fucks keep insisting on maining VS/NC.

Because only the NC have 200 damage tier infantry weapons. These colors don't run, or walk, or move really (freedom means freedom to eat too many freedom fries).

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Gaghskull posted:

Because only the NC have 200 damage tier infantry weapons. These colors don't run, or walk, or move really (freedom means freedom to eat too many freedom fries).

They do roll though! Especially when you trip waddling downhill after one of those freedom fry eating contests. :v:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Gaghskull posted:

Now I really want a "These Colors Don't Redeploy" t-shirt or bumper sticker.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Gaghskull posted:

Cardo is the SAWs worst enemy.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Nakar posted:

I'm actually kinda surprised I don't see more TR Stalker Infiltrators just dumping Repeaters into people's backs, it's just about as easy as it gets.

I believe you mean it comes in "broken texture that's supposed to be gold like the Repeater/Beamer but isn't." :smith:

I like 200 damage guns and rolling with 2fat/desi/kv/honda/sareed in no particular order.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Nakar posted:

If we all rerolled en masse I think I would do it, but too invested otherwise. :sigh:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Periphery posted:

Cardo is the SAWs worst enemy.

The jiggling acts as a natural recoil dampener

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

The vortex are literally lancers for maxes just like every other weapon in the game. So the same rules apply; use in large numbers, always focus fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I just got to try the underbarrel shotgun on the Eclipse today after unlocking it last night, lmao is it ever loving satisfying to instagib some bullshit SMG infiltrator with this thing. It feels like the Eclipse's SPA applies to the UBSG as well but I have no way of verifying that.

• Locked thread