Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
The beavs have been tweeted. The reign of the PFT thread title begins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRSe2LODPNg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
Almost universally for every 5 people that say they hated an episode in this thread, there are 10 more who found it at least on par. I thought the PFT/Loudon ep was fine, heck I laughed a couple times, so I hope there's no one here actually skipping any episodes because of comedy snobs on the internet

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

VagueRant posted:

I found the Rajskub/Peppitone episode kind of boringly unlistenable and was really excited about a PFT one. Way to bum me out, thread. :smith:

I was meaning to ask, for fans of CBB, are there any massively standout episodes of How Did This Get Made or Improv 4 Humans? I want to give them a try but specifically with the puregrain bestest stuff.

HDTGM is kind of hit or miss. But you can't go wrong with Sharknado 1 with Scott Aukerman or Street Fighter.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

caveman thug poo poo posted:

Almost universally for every 5 people that say they hated an episode in this thread, there are 10 more who found it at least on par. I thought the PFT/Loudon ep was fine, heck I laughed a couple times, so I hope there's no one here actually skipping any episodes because of comedy snobs on the internet

Yeah what this person says.

a worthy uhh posted:

Technicality no down boo over!?

Technicality no down boo over?

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

caveman thug poo poo posted:

Seriously. Some of us need to break off and form an Axis of Chill and show people that it's okay to let things be pretty decent.

Edit: Technicality no down boo over?!

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Loudon Wainwright is the greatest, and I thought that episode was good, especially since it's such an unlikely pairing.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

LesterGroans posted:

This. Cherry-pick the episodes with guests you like because they're basically all gold.
That really is the best way to do it. And then someone will make you smile, you'll listen to theirs, and before you know it, you'll have like a dozen people you enjoy. Paul Rust, Neil Campbell, John Gemberling, Huskey, the Wild Horses team (http://www.earwolf.com/episode/wild-horses/) are some I really enjoy.

This episode, http://www.earwolf.com/episode/apocalypse-crushes/, is one of my absolute favorites. Amy Poehler is just BRUTAL to Joe Hartzler about his crush.

wafflesnsegways posted:

Loudon Wainwright is the greatest, and I thought that episode was good, especially since it's such an unlikely pairing.
Well he's always been known for being slightly comedic (and being a bad father).

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 5, 2014

wafflesnsegways
Jan 12, 2008
And that's why I was forced to surgically attach your hands to your face.
Yeah, Loudon has always fallen between the cracks. He's too dark and depressing for most comedy crowds, but he's too goofy for most fans of confessional singer-songwriters. He often seems out of place on comedy shows and folk music shows alike.

But for me, he's right in the Goldilocks zone.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Punch Card posted:

Seriously. Some of us need to break off and form an Axis of Chill and show people that it's okay to let things be pretty decent.

Not to mention that this is totally free entertainment so even if it's not your favorite episode who can really get that mad.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

The_Rob posted:

Not to mention that this is totally free entertainment so even if it's not your favorite episode who can really get that mad.

Thank you for taking the time to point this out. It was well worth all of us reading again.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
He claimed to be the United States Ambassador to China...turns out he was just some pervert.

whiggles
Dec 19, 2003

TEAM EDWARD

UnclePlasticBitch posted:

I thought his songs were hit and miss but he kept up with the show's style of humor and "yes and" spirit pretty well for a nearly 70 year old folk singer.

LWIII is an original member of Spinal Tap, this grants him access onto any comedy podcast for the rest of his existence.

he definitely has some decent comedy chops for someone that old considering even the best comedians usually lose their touch later on in life.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Punch Card posted:

Ooh I would like to join the Axis of Chill. Speaking of:

WoG posted:

Thank you for taking the time to point this out. It was well worth all of us reading again.

chill

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
Dunno man, he provided his opinion on arguments criticizing free podcasts for free. Can't really complain about it.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I donated a penny to Earwolf. My complaints are now justified in this, an internet discussion thread

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I'm confused. What are we even arguing about?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

If comedy nerds can hate on stuff they didn't enjoy 100%.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
The podcast may be free, but I paid 10 bucks to read and post on this forum and I won't tolerate bad opinions :argh:

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Hollis Brown posted:

Dunno man, he provided his opinion on arguments criticizing free podcasts for free. Can't really complain about it.

Good point. I retract my chill.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend

ManoliIsFat posted:

If comedy nerds can hate on stuff they didn't enjoy 100%.

Nerds gonna hate, that's a given I won't ever try to get in the way of. I just hope nobody is actually skipping episodes because "caveman thug poo poo" said it was wack

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Don't you loving dare. I named my first born son after caveman thug poo poo.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

http://instagram.com/p/rajczUjkL5/?modal=true

xtrmntallhippies
Aug 27, 2006
extra mean tall hippies
Looks like Womptacular 2 is tomorrow: https://twitter.com/Jessica_StClair/status/498153272599801856

I'm stoked

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I don't see Gino's twitter account, so let's just say I'm worried, if not furious.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Yeah I really hope Gabrus made it but I'm pumped Andy got included there.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Also seems like Twaci Weawdon won't be there, but that makes sense as Lauren Lapkus seems to have been very busy lately what with her honeymoon and stuff.

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

ManoliIsFat posted:

That really is the best way to do it. And then someone will make you smile, you'll listen to theirs, and before you know it, you'll have like a dozen people you enjoy. Paul Rust, Neil Campbell, John Gemberling, Huskey, the Wild Horses team (http://www.earwolf.com/episode/wild-horses/) are some I really enjoy.

The Wild Horses episode is my personal favorite I4H episode. Erin Whitehead's bit about dating topic questions is the hardest I've laughed at anything. For people that haven't heard it, it's the second clip on that link.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

College Rockout posted:

The Wild Horses episode is my personal favorite I4H episode. Erin Whitehead's bit about dating topic questions is the hardest I've laughed at anything. For people that haven't heard it, it's the second clip on that link.

Do you like space?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
gently caress yes, Don DiMello in da house :getin: .

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

LOOK AT THIS LINEUP

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I know Scott has talked about swapping places with someone like PFT so he can play a character in one episode, and after hearing his work as Dabney the caricature artist, I need that to happen as soon as possible

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I laughed uncontrollably through the entire Dabney thing. And then he Daly'd it by jumping out a window. A++ charac work by Choctaw.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

It says "suck it long"

How long?

Brock Samson fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 11, 2014

Beeez
May 28, 2012
The fact that, out of all his characters, Andy Daly did Don Dimello while holding his two year old daughter is amazing.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Beeez posted:

The fact that, out of all his characters, Andy Daly did Don Dimello while holding his two year old daughter is amazing.

At least he wasn't Cactus Tony.

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

I have to ashamedly admit that I didn't always love Andy Daly. I was an ignorant heathen until maybe 2009. Just needed to get that off my chest.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Ellaybee posted:

I have to ashamedly admit that I didn't always love Andy Daly. I was an ignorant heathen until maybe 2009. Just needed to get that off my chest.

I was really gunshy of him because I associated him with MadTV. Then I saw the ASSSSCAT DVD and realized he's a genius.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I never heard of Andy Daly until I watched the first season of Eastbound & Down 57 times. I now know who Andy Daly is.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Thanks for the I4H suggestions, guys. I will check them all out. I swear it to you!

xbilkis posted:

I know Scott has talked about swapping places with someone like PFT so he can play a character in one episode, and after hearing his work as Dabney the caricature artist, I need that to happen as soon as possible
Agreed. I remember when he did voices at the end of Time Bobby 3 and I was very much surprised that he had this talent.

It was so dumb and predictable but I laughed very hard at Dabney's "I think I know what to exaggerate here." And Mantzoukas asking the tough questions.

Has Melissa Rauch been on any non-Wompler eps? She's quite good. The initial reveal of Kimmy and Katie in the previous Womptacular cracked me up like crazy. You wouldn't expect that from someone from that particular sitcom...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Speaking of great voices, in case you haven't heard the finale of the Andy Daly podcast (season one...), the judge with the flawless Irish accent was actually Scott Aukerman all along!