Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Horizontal Tree posted:

Uhh, did you forget about Daft Punks whole anime movie?

Holy poo poo you just reminded me I haven't seen that in years. Time to check out Interstella 5555 again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Zsinjeh posted:

This was the best patch, both for fixing it and for verifying that it was actually happening because it was driving people insane. Even if you popped flares they would hit you most of the time.

I don't really care how they fix it or whatever now, my previous joke was just that, a joke. But I don't want anyone to forget this amazing patch :allears:

One thing I clearly remember from before the Striker got a nerf was a horde of VS hotfooting it from the nearest VS base to the TR controlled base on Amerash because it was on the top of a hill and you couldn't get a sunderer within 500 m of it. :allears:

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

BigFatFlyingBloke posted:

One thing I clearly remember from before the Striker got a nerf was a horde of VS hotfooting it from the nearest VS base to the TR controlled base on Amerash because it was on the top of a hill and you couldn't get a sunderer within 500 m of it. :allears:

Irony of VS having to do this.

The best part of TR right now are Vulcan Harrassars. zoom bratatatata zoom zoom etc

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

But Not Tonight posted:

Holy poo poo you just reminded me I haven't seen that in years. Time to check out Interstella 5555 again!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm torn on who the NC would be. Van Halen sounds about right but I'd also lean heavily on the guitar solo from the live version of Golden Country by REO Speedwagon dropped in the middle of Happy Happy, Joy Joy

TR is totally dadrock, with John Wayne posters on the walls and everything

VS is literally Daft Punk

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

The striker would lose 1 missile to flares if you were lucky and the other 4 would hit or the one missile would get bugged and share the same lock as the other 4 and all 5 missiles would hit you. I have max rank flares and i have them because of the old striker.

o muerte posted:

Oh sweet summer child, you dared to say that the TR have something that sucks in the games thread. I pity you for what you're about to experience.

drat facts messing up your delusions! TR are totally poo poo buff the carv!

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
NC would be Blue Oyster Cult. Hard rock, with utterly unique songs no matter which way you throw. Including a couple of songs that no one cares for (Just like the C85 canister).

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

R.E. Balancechat: I feel like the only faction that has the proper faction flavor is NC; They have high-damage weapons with amazing first-shot and burst accuracy, but bloom that heavily penalizes spray-and-pray. The scatmax/canisters need a revisit, but that's a post for another time. TR and VS don't really feel like they have anything distinguishing about them; I think TR should have worse overall accuracy but the lowest CoF bloom and highest RoF; They're supposed to be "more dakka", and outside of a few guns (TORQ and Lynx) they have basically the same damage profile as a VS weapon. If it were up to me, TR would have a universal RoF buff, but more guns dropped down to 125 damage tier, and I think that'd distinguish them a lot more. For VS, I'd give every gun 70% ADS movespeed (With our high-mobility guns at 85% ADS) and abolish the long reload completely, since our reload speed isn't actually more efficient because of our low DPM. If I were full theorycrafting, I'd convert VS guns into a percent charge battery plus overheat mechanic, like the Covenant guns from the Halo games, but I think that may be too complex for SOE to balance. In any event the VS faction trait should be low DPM, fast reloads, and high mobility, for a very skirmisher/guerrilla feel that encourages hit-and-run tactics. Honestly I think if SOE did a better job of sticking to their own drat themes, the factions would feel a lot better and different overall, but well, :soe:.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Segmentation Fault posted:

Lightning HE is on sale today. Should I bother?

A couple pages back, but yes if you like the Lightning and being a infantry farming shitter (and we all do, at least every once in a while). The glory days of the Viper are long gone and the HEAT seems to basically be a lovely AP now that it can't one-shot infantry with splash. Pull AP when you want to shoot tanks and HE when you want to commit horrible pubbie genocide.

I actually prefer the HE Lightning to HE/PPA Magrider.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
I logged on earlier and had a ping of 45000ms. I relogged, and my client installed a 90MB patch. As far as I can tell, all the patch did was turn off the ping counter. Now there's just a little green light telling me that my connection is "Good" while all around me people are warping through walls and sinking into the ground. :soe:

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I picked up extended burster mags a few weeks back with SC, and unlike accessories for every other NS weapon, they didn't unlock across all factions, just the one faction I bought them for. I put in a ticket and the support rep said the dev team was working on it! It turns out their fix was to just add a label to the extended mags saying it won't unlock across all factions. Hilariously :soe: response.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

That would be sweet, but also let it lock on to planes

I'm actually ok with this.

As for ZOE, make it have the same activation/up-time/recharge time as Aegis per cert investment, then give it the old movement speed buff and survivability nerf.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Avulsion posted:

I logged on earlier and had a ping of 45000ms. I relogged, and my client installed a 90MB patch. As far as I can tell, all the patch did was turn off the ping counter. Now there's just a little green light telling me that my connection is "Good" while all around me people are warping through walls and sinking into the ground. :soe:

I feel like I need to say this several times a day but there is a difference between packet loss (connection quality) and ping.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A Winner is Jew posted:

I'm actually ok with this.

As for ZOE, make it have the same activation/up-time/recharge time as Aegis per cert investment, then give it the old movement speed buff and survivability nerf.

Aegis is an entirely defensive ability that strips all offense for the perk of blocking some damage directly in front of you so I'm not even sure how you could model one after the other. The entire reason ZOE was broken was that the movement speed buff was too much and the survivability nerf was too little. A popular Arghy-ism from the time was that it'd be fine if they just nerfed the damage, followed by the insistence that that's what the real problem with ZOE was and that the speed shouldn't be touched. Were Cosmos that did more damage than a Gauss SAW loving irritating? Yeah, but not that big a deal all things considered until you factor in the wielder is warping around and has literally no hitbox.

Old ZOE could work but it wouldn't be able to be toggled on/off indefinitely, a single dumbfire (maybe just Deci) should take one out from full, and the strafe speed should never exceed that of infantry. You know, actual downsides like it was billed as having instead of the pretend ones. Personally I'd like to see the reaction from the VS to that being pitched

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"

Epic High Five posted:

Aegis is an entirely defensive ability that strips all offense for the perk of blocking some damage directly in front of you so I'm not even sure how you could model one after the other. The entire reason ZOE was broken was that the movement speed buff was too much and the survivability nerf was too little. A popular Arghy-ism from the time was that it'd be fine if they just nerfed the damage, followed by the insistence that that's what the real problem with ZOE was and that the speed shouldn't be touched. Were Cosmos that did more damage than a Gauss SAW loving irritating? Yeah, but not that big a deal all things considered until you factor in the wielder is warping around and has literally no hitbox.

Old ZOE could work but it wouldn't be able to be toggled on/off indefinitely, a single dumbfire (maybe just Deci) should take one out from full, and the strafe speed should never exceed that of infantry. You know, actual downsides like it was billed as having instead of the pretend ones. Personally I'd like to see the reaction from the VS to that being pitched

At worst we'd continue to not use it... having said that, I'd be fine with more susceptibility (than old ZOE) to gunfire however the prevalence of rocket primary heavies still continues to be aggravatingly high even after the nerf in the last patch, so being taken down in one rocket might be a bit much when it seems like you're being showered with rockets every couple seconds regardless of if you are in a tank, a lowly footsoldier, or a (ZOE) max.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Re: Strikerchat

Apparently the devs are already talking about the Striker, and Higby already proposed Coyote-like mechanics to the thing.

Who knows what'll happen, but it could be good.

Maybe ZOE2.0 will get a review one day :sigh:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zierham posted:

At worst we'd continue to not use it... having said that, I'd be fine with more susceptibility (than old ZOE) to gunfire however the prevalence of rocket primary heavies still continues to be aggravatingly high even after the nerf in the last patch, so being taken down in one rocket might be a bit much when it seems like you're being showered with rockets every couple seconds regardless of if you are in a tank, a lowly footsoldier, or a (ZOE) max.

That's the crux of it. I'd be fine with it doing something like 95% or some amount that is "if you've taken damage already you're hosed" like the ESF pays for its mobility in regards to dumbfires. The REAL problem enhanced susceptibility would bring would be from small arms - for a Decimator to one shot a MAX you're looking at a 45% or so increase in damage taken instead of the 30% from before. What this means is that every NC HA with a SAW and PTZD is going to loving end every single ZOE MAX as soon as it hits F, and every single NC is going to be HA if ZOE is buffed.

Something more creative could work - like, if you die with ZOE up you cannot be revived, and given the "overdrive" nature of the ability, if you're below half health the ability goes critical. It will not deal damage or anything, but a critical ZOE module means you can't deactivate it without the help of an engineer's repair tool. It'd be a big boost in firepower but with a very real risk of losing that MAX permanently if you play too aggressively.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Epic High Five posted:

Something more creative could work - like, if you die with ZOE up you cannot be revived, and given the "overdrive" nature of the ability, if you're below half health the ability goes critical. It will not deal damage or anything, but a critical ZOE module means you can't deactivate it without the help of an engineer's repair tool. It'd be a big boost in firepower but with a very real risk of losing that MAX permanently if you play too aggressively.

This is literally the dumbest thing ever.

I would be ok with Max units not being able to be revived though, but that's an overall nerf to Max units.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.
Decided to follow the guide in the OP and roll combat medic for a while. Yeah, it prints certs like crazy. Luckily I also like playing the class and the only people that don't really love me are MAX units. Sure I'll res you, at 15% of your health that I then can't give you any more. It did get me to BR 15 in the span of ~2 days though.

Rolling NC as NofaKingway, I'll probably roll a Vanu eventually as well.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Ouroborus posted:

Yeah, I wonder how many people who say "TR everything is Hilariously OP" have tried to use them for any length.
I have a BR50+ on every faction (VS/TR ~60+) and 4+ KDR on all of them. Except the TR is approaching 6 and has an IVI of over 7. TR got some nice-rear end poo poo.

NC still has the most diverse and fun gun lineup though. But it's telling that the best 167 damage gun in the game belongs to the TR.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Zsinjeh posted:

This was the best patch, both for fixing it and for verifying that it was actually happening because it was driving people insane. Even if you popped flares they would hit you most of the time.

I don't really care how they fix it or whatever now, my previous joke was just that, a joke. But I don't want anyone to forget this amazing patch :allears:

Wrong.

It was the best patch because that was the one that made the PPA projectile 1000 times larger than it was supposed to be.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Could we do karaoke during K0TH ops? Karaoke of the Hill. Kinglyoke. Ki. . . Nevermind.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Nakar posted:

I have a BR50+ on every faction (VS/TR ~60+) and 4+ KDR on all of them. Except the TR is approaching 6 and has an IVI of over 7. TR got some nice-rear end poo poo.

NC still has the most diverse and fun gun lineup though. But it's telling that the best 167 damage gun in the game belongs to the TR.

Since when do the TR get the Anchor? :colbert:

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

ThatOneGuy posted:

Decided to follow the guide in the OP and roll combat medic for a while. Yeah, it prints certs like crazy. Luckily I also like playing the class and the only people that don't really love me are MAX units. Sure I'll res you, at 15% of your health that I then can't give you any more. It did get me to BR 15 in the span of ~2 days though.

Rolling NC as NofaKingway, I'll probably roll a Vanu eventually as well.

Yeah medics are awesome, get the sunderer spawn cert and place it in a good location and print even more exp.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

o muerte posted:

Since when do the TR get the Anchor? :colbert:
Since when is SABR-13 spelled a-n-c-h-o-r? :confused:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

In an alternate universe SOE never nerfed anything and every fight was just ZOE maxes rampaging unchecked inside structures while Striker/Fractures ruled the hillside. Overhead, Airhammer equipped reavers keep the skies blue and yellow. Also endless screaming freedom rockets as the NC use phoenixes to one-shot every infantry within 300m.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Away all Goats posted:

Also endless screaming freedom rockets as the NC use phoenixes to one-shot every infantry within 300m.

I really, really miss doing that :911:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
In the effort to actually have a positive discussion on what can be done with ZOE, how about an alternative.

Increases movement speed by 40% for up to three seconds, takes 35/30/26/23/20 seconds to fully recharge. Equipping ZOE increases all damage taken by 15%

There, literally Magburner for the MAX (with the Magriders front damage modifier vs the front damage modifier of the Vanguard).

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
How is that different from the already-existing charge ability, other than the part where it makes you die more?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

A Winner is Jew posted:

In the effort to actually have a positive discussion on what can be done with ZOE, how about an alternative.

Increases movement speed by 40% for up to three seconds, takes 35/30/26/23/20 seconds to fully recharge. Equipping ZOE increases all damage taken by 15%

There, literally Magburner for the MAX (with the Magriders front damage modifier vs the front damage modifier of the Vanguard).

So... Charge?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
If you're hung up on mobility-related buffs for ZOE, a decent one to consider would be turning it into a dodge-like ability. Turn it on and press a direction to zoom that way - little foot rockets or something. Useful for quickly moving back into cover.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Wrong.

It was the best patch because that was the one that made the PPA projectile 1000 times larger than it was supposed to be.

:rip: literally firing suns.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Wow cool broken spawn rooms being exploited by Emerald VS I cannot believe that what a shocking surprise to see the VS exploiting bugs and spawncamping. We really are the best you guys. :thumbsup:

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Or you know JUMP JETS.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

Arghy posted:

Or you know JUMP JETS.

I was quietly hoping for tribes-like skiing when they announced the new abilities.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Congrats to the VS for spending 2 hours of prime time certopia ghost capping Hossin despite alerts/cont caps being broken all day :v:

Edit - guess it's just gotta be every territory like before now?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Question: Is the Mag-Scatter an IVI Sanctioned weapon on DA's stat site, or is it not like every other shotgun? I'm kinda tempted to create a character who only uses shotguns and sniper rifles and rockets. And maybe join PHX with them. But I gotta make absolutely sure I never get a sanctioned kill.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Congrats to the VS for spending 2 hours of prime time certopia ghost capping Hossin despite alerts/cont caps being broken all day :v:

Edit - guess it's just gotta be every territory like before now?

First time i ever muted the entire command chat because i was hearing AT and some waterson guys give tactical updates on their ghost capping of loving hossin while VS faced 300 TR on amerish.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

They need to divide command chat into 5 channels, one for each continent and one general. You could have a box listing them on your map screen and check off the ones you want to tune into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
So, I've got 300 Stationcash, what can I spend it on that'll carry across all my characters? I've got the AV turret, horns, NS weapon attachments/vehicle upgrades, what am I missing?

• Locked thread