Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Deep Down info isn't coming until Tokyo Game Show late next month because Capcom still hasn't even confirmed it for Western release IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Guess I could get to the office early to watch the stream at 8 a.m. Wasn't last year's really late at night (US time anyway)?

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

Still no Deep Down huh? Why did they bother teasing it at the PS4 reveal if they aren't even going to bring it to the states?

I'm sure Capcom know what they're doing with this enormously expensive-looking F2P game releasing exclusively on a system that's barely left a dent in the Japanese market.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

I noticed that PSN has the Battlefield 4 Premium discounted for PS+ members to like $31. I know that Hardline has been delayed and isn't necessarily replacing BF4 but is it worth it to jump on this deal? I don't want to dump more money into this game if it's going to die off soon.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Best But has the Gold headset for $89 so I picked one up. There's a blue light on both the connector and the headset, the power switch is on, but the PS4 isn't recognizing a headset connection. Am I missing something?

e: Well, now the light's red.

e2: Resetting it seems to have fixed it.

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Aug 11, 2014

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

That loving Sned posted:

I'm sure Capcom know what they're doing with this enormously expensive-looking F2P game that's clearly attempting to piggyback the success of the Souls series releasing exclusively on a system that's barely left a dent in the Japanese market.

You forgot something vital.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Policenaut posted:

• Michael Ancel (Rayman) PS3/4/Vita? game

Wait, what!?

Could this be Beyond Good and Evil 2? :aaaaa:

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

I Might Be Adam posted:

I noticed that PSN has the Battlefield 4 Premium discounted for PS+ members to like $31. I know that Hardline has been delayed and isn't necessarily replacing BF4 but is it worth it to jump on this deal? I don't want to dump more money into this game if it's going to die off soon.

Does that include all the map packs? I might rebuy it!

The player base will probably dwindle next year, but I imagine it will be pretty easy to find a game for the next 6 months at least - even with Destiny and Call of Duty. Battlefield is a bit of a unique snowflake.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Soul Glo posted:

Best But has the Gold headset for $89 so I picked one up. There's a blue light on both the connector and the headset, the power switch is on, but the PS4 isn't recognizing a headset connection. Am I missing something?

e: Well, now the light's red.

Did you download the companion app from the store? Try running that and see what happens.

Shonuff
Sep 26, 2007
White like Frank Black is

I Might Be Adam posted:

I don't want to dump more money into this game if it's going to die off soon.

You're probably safe. There aren't any other games like BF4 on the console and Battlefield games in general have large, loyal fanbases.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

TaurusOxford posted:

You forgot something vital.

Hey, if they can make a mash-up of Dark Souls, Dragon's Dogma, and Monster Hunter, using Roguelike random level generation, then I'd be happy to use my Japanese account to give it a try. Then I'll see the energy meter and a cash shop.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I have a dumb question. The PS3 doesn't do internal upscaling to your display's native resolution like a 360 does. So if a game runs at 720p, it outputs to your TV at 720p even if you set it to run at 1080p.

Does the PS4 behave the same way? Or does it internally upscale everything for you up to your selected display resolution?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I have a dumb question. The PS3 doesn't do internal upscaling to your display's native resolution like a 360 does. So if a game runs at 720p, it outputs to your TV at 720p even if you set it to run at 1080p.

Does the PS4 behave the same way? Or does it internally upscale everything for you up to your selected display resolution?
It upscales to 1080, but most games are 1080p anyway.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

That's good to hear. My TV has a super lovely upscaller and is super laggy on anything other than VGA. Didn't realize until today that PS3 didn't upscale to 1080p for you automatically :(

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

It has its own scaler, all games render at their "native" res and are then resized to 1920x1080 (if you're set to 1080p) or whatever resolution by the scaler. The PS3 was an anomaly in terms of outputting its resolutions natively like that.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ularg posted:

CoD: Advanced Warfare multiplayer footage popping up everywhere!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9R-yIo4Idw
This looks fun but it sure doesn't look like a Call of Duty game.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I dunno, it looks like a CoD game to me, in a weird way. It is leaning towards Infinity Ward's style, which is a shame. I was hoping for more clean edges and shiny textures than trying to make levels look "worn" and destroyed.

Then again, I have no idea if Destiny is going to suck up my entire gaming part of my life or not. All the CoD bros in the thread are on Xbox so it's like welp.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

univbee posted:

It has its own scaler, all games render at their "native" res and are then resized to 1920x1080 (if you're set to 1080p) or whatever resolution by the scaler. The PS3 was an anomaly in terms of outputting its resolutions natively like that.

For some reason, the built-in upscaler could only upscale horizontally. Gran Turismo 6 uses 1440x1080 for its 1080p mode, and WipEout HD normally runs at 1920x1080 but can dynamically lower its horizontal resolution to maintain 60 fps. A handful of games like Uncharted 2, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Final Fantasy XIII had their own scalers so they could output in 1080p too.

Some of Bluepoint's HD remasters are only designed to run at 1280x720, but if you have 1080p enabled then they'll use 960x1080 instead. This can make aliasing more noticeable, particularly on the title screen of God of War, but otherwise looks pretty good. If this bothers you, the system can be forced to output only 720p instead, but ICO should be left in 1080p since it runs at a full 1920x1080.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ularg posted:

I dunno, it looks like a CoD game to me, in a weird way. It is leaning towards Infinity Ward's style, which is a shame. I was hoping for more clean edges and shiny textures than trying to make levels look "worn" and destroyed.

Then again, I have no idea if Destiny is going to suck up my entire gaming part of my life or not. All the CoD bros in the thread are on Xbox so it's like welp.

I loved MW3 and Blops 2 but Ghosts had a really bad rep by the time I picked up my PS4. Destiny was fun but to me it and COD scratch a totally different itch, so I am looking forward to it regardless of Destiny v:o:v

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

rabidsquid posted:

I loved MW3 and Blops 2 but Ghosts had a really bad rep by the time I picked up my PS4. Destiny was fun but to me it and COD scratch a totally different itch, so I am looking forward to it regardless of Destiny v:o:v

Yeah I've always played CoD far less "seriously" than Halo or BF, the occupy a very different place in my gaming experience.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
The look and feel of the new COD reminds me much more of Black OPS 2, which is good, as BLOPS2 was a good COD game.

Make me wonder what they will do in the next COD game to try and keep it fresh. They are really throwing the kitchen sink at it now.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I imagine at some point they'll go back to Modern Warfare as a CoD "classic"

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Sniper Elite 3 has been on my mind for a while. It was the flavor of the month last month. Those who played, would you call it a rental or not?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Totally a rental. Find a buddy to play through the game with co-op, it's a lot more fun. Just make sure their idea of stealth isn't "run up to enemy and try to melee"

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Yeah, I'm currently renting it, and it's a rental. It's fun, but already getting a bit repetitive, and there's so far not a whole lot to keep me coming back later except optional objectives like "Do X stealth kills here". It's pretty nice watching a bullet sail through the air on my 3D TV, though.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So Hohokum tomorrow... Any sites got any early reviews or in-depth Hands on?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Re: Sniper Elite

Very much a good rental. You can get through it on a weekend, and while I don't regret buying it full price, if you're looking to buy or rent, rent is the way to go.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Speedball posted:

Sniper Elite 3 has been on my mind for a while. It was the flavor of the month last month. Those who played, would you call it a rental or not?

I had a lot of fun for a few hours before I got bored. I had bought it used and ended up returning it. Overall, I can't see how you could go wrong if you're only investing a few bucks into it

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So...Dead Island 2 actually looks like it could be fun. I just don't want to get hurt again.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Just a reminder that Gamescom starts tomorrow and that Sony's show should be at 1PM EST (it's 10AM PDT, so Europeans feel free to correct me). Wednesday will be EA (new BioWare IP, for one) and Kojima's show.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

PantsBandit posted:

So...Dead Island 2 actually looks like it could be fun. I just don't want to get hurt again.

I want to be excited too, because I got swindled by the first (their fault) and again by Riptide (mine), but the Spec Ops guys are behind it and dang they're trying to make what appears to be Dead Rising meets Sunset Overdrive and it looks way more appealing than Dying Light's "we're a SERIOUS zombie apocalypse game" angle.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Having not played a CoD game since 4 I don't know, but is this the first one that allows a female avatar in multiplayer?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Samurai Sanders posted:

Having not played a CoD game since 4 I don't know, but is this the first one that allows a female avatar in multiplayer?

You could be a lady in Ghosts

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Samurai Sanders posted:

No.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I did the XB1 analog stick upgrade. It took me about 10-15 minutes because I was being very careful with it. The sticks feel nice, definitely a worthy upgrade IMO.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
http://hypem.com/premiere/hohokum+soundtrack

Dis dat poo poo.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Policenaut posted:

I want to be excited too, because I got swindled by the first (their fault) and again by Riptide (mine), but the Spec Ops guys are behind it and dang they're trying to make what appears to be Dead Rising meets Sunset Overdrive and it looks way more appealing than Dying Light's "we're a SERIOUS zombie apocalypse game" angle.

Spec Ops the Line guys? They are worthy. I think this might be worth checking out then!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

That's some good poo poo.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Dying light looks rad but I'll play both, I'm sure. Dying light is still 4 player coop mayhem right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Managed to get a week off work for the Destiny release. Never done that for a game before. I might have skived a day or two back in the college days for Halo 2 but that's it.

• Locked thread