Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best version of El?
This poll is closed.
Elminster 20 6.45%
Elmara 20 6.45%
Entwine 13 4.19%
GURPS 99 31.94%
El Kabong 153 49.35%
Elves 5 1.61%
Total: 310 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

FactsAreUseless posted:

What does your username mean?

It is generally the reaction people have to my posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Winson_Paine posted:

I will answer questions at this point.

Do you think I should teach my 2 year old nephew GURPS now or wait until he's like 4?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
Feel free to ask me anything as well.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Effectronica posted:

Where do babies come from?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

BrainParasite posted:

Cloudcuckooland.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BrainParasite posted:

AUMAR COMIN'

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Winson_Paine posted:

It is generally the reaction people have to my posts.
Do you really, REALLY like Phoenix Wright games?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Winson_Paine posted:

Will you finally tell me about Talislanta?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I did $50, I will answer 5 questions.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Evil Mastermind posted:

I did $50, I will answer 5 questions.

Did you ever discover the secret of The Secret Fire

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Rasamune posted:

Did you ever discover the secret of The Secret Fire

Yes. It was ~IMAGINATION~. And that it's a terrible cargo-cult game.

And it's THE SECRET FIRE. Always all-caps, but the TM is optional.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Bucnasti posted:

Zak and Pundit are literally crazy people. It doesn't take a mental health professional to recognize narcissistic personality disorder. They're barely a step up from the crazy homeless guy ranting about the ice-cream truck's that control his mind. Here is how their minds work:
The problem I have with this argument is that I've seen other forms of harassment pop up in this hobby that have nothing to do with those two dipshits and to reduce all the problems down to mental health is a gross misrepresentation of all that is wrong with this hobby.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

I will gladly answer any 5 questions.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

K Prime posted:

I will gladly answer any 5 questions.

Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Communist Party?

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Winson_Paine posted:

What happened to your avatar?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

grassy gnoll posted:

This is a very good question, about which I am also curious.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Majuju posted:

WHERE DID YOU HIDE THE BODIES?!

Behind you.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Swagger Dagger posted:

Do you think I should teach my 2 year old nephew GURPS now or wait until he's like 4?

I started early, the payoff is worth it.

Tekopo posted:

Do you really, REALLY like Phoenix Wright games?

I hadn't heard of them till like two years ago. They are for Nintendo or something so my chances of playing are nil.

grassy gnoll posted:

I have no idea, that is funny. The odd part is I think I know the title they were bitching about and I actually did change it eventually.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

I am glad I waited till today to donate, tho. It made it easier. In honor of the wounded fellow who got me this AV, I increased my donation by the five bucks it would have cost to get a new one. In honor of my fallen Mick Foley AV, I sent it to RAINN.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!

Winson_Paine posted:

I hadn't heard of them till like two years ago. They are for Nintendo or something so my chances of playing are nil.

They're also for smartphones and the like, though I haven't tried them there.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Mors Rattus posted:

Are you now, or have you ever been, a member of the Communist Party?

I voted for Obama so the next best thing, right?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Obama would make a piss-poor communist, though.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I'm a member of a terrorist organisation* does that count

*Sinn Fein

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I've been mulling over opening a "post your creations from yesteryear" thread, after finding my very first D&D adventure I wrote up. Just a way people can share the good the bad and the laughable rpg stuff they've made over the years. If there's an interest I'll definitely scan that awful adventure and start it up.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Fenarisk posted:

I've been mulling over opening a "post your creations from yesteryear" thread, after finding my very first D&D adventure I wrote up. Just a way people can share the good the bad and the laughable rpg stuff they've made over the years. If there's an interest I'll definitely scan that awful adventure and start it up.
There was one of those, but it's since been archived. Remains of the Game, IIRC started by Ettin.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Effectronica posted:

What is your avatar from?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Kai Tave posted:

What is your avatar from?

I can answer that one! It's from Persona 2! Specifically he's this guy here.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

LightWarden posted:

They're also for smartphones and the like, though I haven't tried them there.

Just in case, the Ace Attorney ports to iOS are really, really awful. The art got a lovely up-rez and the text is littered with gems like "stake lunch."

The Ghost Trick port is really good, though, and you should play Ghost Trick, feebs.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Why the hell is this thread just 20 questions?

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

It's more interesting than the Forgotten Realms

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
animal, vegetable, or mineral

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

I can answer that one! It's from Persona 2! Specifically he's this guy here.

quote:

"Look at how slim and sexy I am! These hips, these fingers, these eyes... They're just begging to be caressed. Haha! Get it?"

And how :heysexy:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Mustache Ride posted:

Why the hell is this thread just 20 questions?
Because it's less creepy than truth or dare with goons.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

grassy gnoll posted:

The Ghost Trick port is really good, though, and you should play Ghost Trick, feebs.

No kidding, Ghost Trick is the best.

Also, it has the most accurate Pomeranian in all of video games.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Fenarisk posted:

I never saved any of my old adventures from when I was a teenager, but I remember my first adventure clearly. It was a railroady mess in which the adventurers experience a "groundhog day" scenario that compels them to visit my first DMPC, a time wizard who sends them off on all kinds of unseemly tasks... including my Christmas Special in which the party is commissioned to find and kill the child who would someday grow up to threaten the wizard's supremacy.

poo poo, I'm one of the bad ones.

E: To their credit, the players chose to obfuscate the location of the child and lie about killing him.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Most of what I remember about my early DMing days is a campaign that never got to end, which was about rats. The villains of the campaign were magic rats and wererats and all kinds of rats, as many as I could dig up stats for. Their evil plan was to try to propel their leader to godhood as the God of Corruption by starting and spreading a disease at some vital point and corrupting some druids and ???.

The trick to all this was that their leader wasn't a wererat. Or even a single being. It was a Dire Rat King whose component dire rats had achieved a sort of evil hivemind. The game fell apart due to RL circumstances shortly after one of the party became a wererat to infiltrate the villain camp. That was going to be fun, I'd thought, because the rat king could influence and command rodent minds.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I remember rarely playing more than a handful of sessions of any rpg or campaign we started. We tried a lot of games back then...

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

XTOwl posted:

Yes. One went on ebay for $40 earlier this month (here). It's also a really good game. If you like Burning Wheel you'll be jazzed.

Lightning Lord posted:

Do you like nicely detailed rules for melee combat? Do you like being Conan of Cimmeria? If so, yes.

fatherdog posted:

Think of whatever the most complicated melee combat system you've ever played was. Was that not complicated enough for you? If so, Riddle of Steel is probably a good buy. If not, no.

I am always up for some hardcore rapier simulation, so this sounds good to me!

Mors Rattus posted:

Most of what I remember about my early DMing days is a campaign that never got to end, which was about rats. The villains of the campaign were magic rats and wererats and all kinds of rats, as many as I could dig up stats for. Their evil plan was to try to propel their leader to godhood as the God of Corruption by starting and spreading a disease at some vital point and corrupting some druids and ???.

The trick to all this was that their leader wasn't a wererat. Or even a single being. It was a Dire Rat King whose component dire rats had achieved a sort of evil hivemind. The game fell apart due to RL circumstances shortly after one of the party became a wererat to infiltrate the villain camp. That was going to be fun, I'd thought, because the rat king could influence and command rodent minds.

Is this the SECRET of your name?

And were cranium rats involved? I love those goofy-rear end things.

Charity Count: $2061.93

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Not so much? My username is just a dog latin Discworld reference.

I think I had cranium rat stats, so probably. I recall the idea coming to me after combing through some old books and realizing I had stats for at least seven different kinds of rat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
My first campaign involved terrorists from an alternate universe trying to bomb the Imperial Palace in Tokyo because they were an alien species who used radio waves to think and our technology was driving them insane. (Sort of a hybrid between aliens from a Zahn book and aliens from a Vinge book.)

It was a BESM campaign. It was not very good.

• Locked thread