Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
The cappuccino one tastes like a burp you'd have after eating a bunch of ready salted while drinking a latte.
I was still in the UK a few years back when Walkers did Cajun Squirrel. It was really quite nice, like Zatarain's seasoning with a hint of chicken. Onion Bhaji was better though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

theflyingorc posted:

The page that comes from is somehow even stupider than the picture itself:

http://www.wikihow.com/Act-Like-Ciel-Phantomhive-from-Kuroshitsuji

Is there somebody who's job it is to illustrate whatever people submit to wikihow or do they just have an extensive archive of illustrations that includes foppish goths thinking about color wheels?

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Ensign_Ricky posted:

You know, as a Canadian, I see a lot of flak tossed our way for certain foods. "You guys put pineapple on pizza?" "Poutine? That poo poo looks disgusting!"

This time, I have to side with those people.

WHAT THE gently caress, CANADA?!?

If you think that's weird, don't come to the UK at Christmas...

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
I thought the cappuccino chips were fine. A snack bag was more than enough, but I didn't hate them. It's the crunchiest cup of powdered instant coffee I've ever had.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Vitamins posted:

They experimented with selling these here in he US one or two holiday seasons ago.

I bought the pumpkin and cinnamon and sugar flavors to try them out.

They are disgusting.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Vitamins posted:

Eh, North America still tops it.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I could get behind the antacid flavor, they already taste like soda anyway.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

With natural and/or artificial flavors.

Its the and/or that intrigues me.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Its the and/or that intrigues me.

Some sodas are natural, some are artificial, and some have both. Since they're labeling a box with several sodas, they have to say "and/or."

Each soda itself would say if it's just one or the other or both.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
The Turkey & Gravy soda smells like farts.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

DrBouvenstein posted:

Some sodas are natural, some are artificial, and some have both. Since they're labeling a box with several sodas, they have to say "and/or."

Each soda itself would say if it's just one or the other or both.

Im just wondering what unholy mix if natural and artificial flavors can, in the most vague way, replicate the taste of turkey gravy.

But then again im not familiar with American Dread Flavomancy.

e:Just noticed the small medicine cup measure. Not even its creators wanted anyone to chug an entire bottle.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.

Nostradingus posted:

What do they taste like?

They taste exactly like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but smell vaguely of coffee.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

e:Just noticed the small medicine cup measure. Not even its creators wanted anyone to chug an entire bottle.

Nobody's going to buy gravy or Pepto Bismol soda to drink by themselves. They know drat well that the pack is only sold to be a novelty at a Thanksgiving party and they're streamlining the whole process.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

cobalt impurity posted:

Nobody's going to buy gravy or Pepto Bismol soda to drink by themselves.
Aww you still have faith in peoples taste.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
If they made a soda that tasted like Robitussin, I'd be all up in that.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Stringbean posted:

If they made a soda that tasted like Robitussin, I'd be all up in that.
They do. Grape soda.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Ensign_Ricky posted:

We drank a pack of those on a dare. Most disgusting poo poo I've ever had.

The sodium content was off the charts. It was like drinking salt water. Thick, vaguely meaty salt water.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Fully resealable?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

karl fungus posted:

Fully resealable?

They have twist tops

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

karl fungus posted:

Fully resealable?

for re-gifting, you see

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Vitamins posted:

We had pecan pie flavored Pringles in the states last year.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

cobalt impurity posted:

Pepto Bismol soda

Or root beer as it is known.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Ensign_Ricky posted:

As awful as these were, the Xmas pack one year with Ham beat out this one, by far. Jones Ham Soda was the most vile thing ever carbonated and sealed in a bottle.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

KoRMaK posted:

They do. Grape soda.

Wish that was the case, but it's not nearly the same :(

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
Hahahaha okay lemme blow your loving minds for what they sell here

IT'S OKAY

It looks JUST as gross as the meat version! :haw:

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

There's a version of pringles called pringles deluxe that was available a few years ago that was made from sweet potatoes and coated in cinnamon sugar it was loving delicious.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

FinalGamer posted:

Hahahaha okay lemme blow your loving minds for what they sell here

IT'S OKAY

It looks JUST as gross as the meat version! :haw:

How do you even MAKE a vegetarian haggis?

Minority Deport
Mar 28, 2010

Im just wondering what unholy mix if natural and artificial flavors can, in the most vague way, replicate the taste of turkey gravy.

But then again im not familiar with American Dread Flavomancy.

There's an awful lot of horrifying artificial flavors. I once was exposed to a bacon flavoring, and it was the single most vile thing anyone who encountered it had smelled. It was somehow worse than rotting meat.

The same company had a bunch of other meat flavors, including hot dog. We did not buy them.

So yes, American Dread Flavomancy is very real and very terrifying.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
7-11 had hot dog flavored potato chips for awhile

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Minority Deport posted:

There's an awful lot of horrifying artificial flavors. I once was exposed to a bacon flavoring, and it was the single most vile thing anyone who encountered it had smelled. It was somehow worse than rotting meat.

Years and years ago my mom dropped a gag gift into my Christmas stocking: a tin of "meat-flavored" mints shaped like brains (it was the beginning of the big zombie craze). I opened the tin and that was as far as I got. The smell that wafted out was in the top three worst things I have ever smelled. I have smelled actual poo poo and vomit that was more pleasing to the nose.

Artificial meat flavor is a loving war crime on the senses.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Neurion posted:

I've made a pretty decent veggie haggis substitute with toasted crushed nuts, oats, sage, and a big pile of pepper. It's not something you'll want to eat if you have a choice between that and haggis, but if you're doing a haggis supper and you've got vegetarians (or enormous wusses who don't like offal) over then it's not a bad substitute.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Neurion posted:

It's the heart, liver and lungs of kale mixed with oatmeal and shoved in a yam's stomach.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Whybird posted:

It's not something you'll want to eat if you have a choice between that and haggis

This is a hilarious and damning statement

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Kvantum posted:

As awful as these were, the Xmas pack one year with Ham beat out this one, by far. Jones Ham Soda was the most vile thing ever carbonated and sealed in a bottle.

The Pine Tree one actually tasted *exactly* like getting an accidental mouthful of pine needles; it was remarkable. The rest were horrifying though.

ProfessionalNinja
Sep 26, 2004
I am the Professional Ninja
I had to buy like 3 packages of the holiday pack that was Sugar Plum, Candy Cane, Gingerbread, Pear Tree. That poo poo was amazing.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Zonekeeper posted:

I thought that was more of a Hawaiian thing. Back when I worked at Papa John's, Pineapple/Ham was a semi-popular combo.

Ham and pineapple is right up there with pepperoni as the top pizza flavour in Canada.

And that's cause it's fuckin' delicious.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Ham and pineapple is right up there with pepperoni as the top pizza flavour in Canada.

And that's cause it's fuckin' delicious.

Ham and Pineapple pizza is called Hawaiian pizza in Canada. I have no idea why Ensign Ricky or anybody would think people from the USA would think it's gross when it's named after one of the states of the USA. What the hell is going on here!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

zoux posted:

Pfff that's entry level bullshit.

Hang on a drat second here...does that say 150 calories? How is there that much cholesterol and so few calories?! I feel like calories from fat should be...way higher. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

13Pandora13 posted:

Hang on a drat second here...does that say 150 calories? How is there that much cholesterol and so few calories?! I feel like calories from fat should be...way higher. :psyduck:

Cholesterol is a lipid, but it's not a fat. And you don't break it down for energy, so technically it has no calories. Think of it more like a vitamin, something you use directly as is.

Or in this case fail to use and then poo poo out because that's a loving lot of cholesterol to take in at once.

ReidRansom has a new favorite as of 03:39 on Aug 15, 2014

• Locked thread