Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lance Streetman posted:

Basically Call of Duty for kids.
You pooping cheater, you fragged me you dumb buttcrack *cries for real*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Steam finally got around to updating for me. I look it mostly but the new font is harder to read for me. I can't make it a little larger or anything can I?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

lordfrikk posted:

Now where are the actual good visual novels, Gabe? :argh:

Steins;Gate's Japanese publisher is still afraid of Steam for some reason. Something about DRM disputes or whatever (Japanese VN companies always demand ridiculous DRM for digital releases because obviously downloads=piracy). So the best VN in English right now isn't going to show up anytime soon.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Lencho posted:

Shut the hell up about rape and recommend me some sweet animu games.

It's one or the other, buddy.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

The new interface tweaks are really nice.

Only took em 11 years to let you hide games. :shepface:

middle-clicking a game link opens it in a new tab..so you dont lose your place while searching for long lost anime games at the bottom of the list

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

TheCoon posted:

Kalypso are basically just a publisher of other developers games with ~3 in-house studios. Most of what they put out is garbage, especially Dark. Don't buy Dark. Buy Demonicon if you're super into incest.

So I should buy demonicon?

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
I don't have anything against the new interface but it feels like certain parts of it hurt my eyes when I'm looking at it, specifically the Friends Activity page.
Does anyone have any good skin recommendations?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

PrinceRandom posted:

So I should buy demonicon?

They're not actually brother and sister though. It's a wasted plot.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Ninkobei posted:

middle-clicking a game link opens it in a new tab..so you dont lose your place while searching for long lost anime games at the bottom of the list

:aaa:

I've been waiting so long for that. I was getting sick of backing out of a game in the Store and having it return me to the top of the scrolling list. Also tabbing into my library, then tabbing back out to the Store only for it to auto-return to the Storefront off of the page of whatever game I was looking at.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Dark is great if you want to kidney punch old fat museum security guards to death and then get shot a lot with stupid sounding guns.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Any news on an update to the mobile steam app? I feel like it hasn't been touched in forever.

The iOS one seems to get updates every 8-9 months.

The Android one hasn't been updated since 2012. Lazy Valve.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Drifter posted:

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/theres-a-gabriel-knight-remake-on-the-way/2300-9349/

Gabriel Knight is coming out with a new game. Listen to those HORRIBLE southern accents.

Just LISTEN to them.

Only one person in this video spoke with a southern accent and it sounded fine? I'm more concerned with why this game looks exactly like The Sims.

Ohvee
Jun 17, 2001
This bundle actually looks pretty good. Dustforce, Duke 1+2, Duke Manhattan Project and some other stuff.

woops forgot the link
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/judgement-bundle/

Ohvee fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 15, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Only one person in this video spoke with a southern accent and it sounded fine? I'm more concerned with why this game looks exactly like The Sims.

I'm going to blow your mind and tell you that everyone in that video except for the girl at 17 seconds was using a 'southern' accent.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Drifter posted:

I'm going to blow your mind and tell you that everyone in that video except for the girl at 17 seconds was using a 'southern' accent.

I heard a second guy say "I'm in love" which was kinda southern I guess. Are you saying the main character is using a southern accent?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

I heard a second guy say "I'm in love" which was kinda southern I guess. Are you saying the main character is using a southern accent?

I don't know how much more clear I can be by saying that everyone in that video except for the girl speaking at 17 seconds is using a lovely southern accent.

Which is why I poked fun at/made note of it. The voice actors are terrible.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Drifter posted:

I don't know how much more clear I can be by saying that everyone in that video except for the girl speaking at 17 seconds is using a lovely southern accent.

Which is why I poked fun at/made note of it. The voice actors are terrible.

lol they're so bad

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Yeah, that's pretty clearly a southern accent he's supposed to have. Same with everyone else, except that one lady.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Palpek posted:

You pooping cheater, you fragged me you dumb buttcrack *cries for real*.

Kids cry less than the manchildren playing that game.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Drifter posted:

This looks exactly like the first. What gameplay changes are there?
Serious non-rape answer but just different masks that change it up. One starts you off with a chainsaw, one lets you take 2 bullets before you die, one gives you akimo weawpons where you can fire them both forward, left/right or forward/backward. And then another mask lets you do rolls to dodge and cover ground I guess. At least those are the ones I tried.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Sober posted:

Serious non-rape answer but just different masks that change it up. One starts you off with a chainsaw, one lets you take 2 bullets before you die, one gives you akimo weawpons where you can fire them both forward, left/right or forward/backward. And then another mask lets you do rolls to dodge and cover ground I guess. At least those are the ones I tried.
That's kinda cool, I guess. Man, Hotline 1 was a pretty hard as balls timing puzzle game.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

I don't know if it was mentioned, but the Hotline Miami 2 release date on Steam was an error according to the developer's twitter account.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Oh god, why is the new interface so teal?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Crabtree posted:

Oh god, why is the new interface so teal?
Turn down your monitor brightness.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
HM1 was cool but it gave me a splitting headache to play for any amount of time so I never beat it.

Sivek
Nov 12, 2012

Finally getting around to playing Trine 2 and am finding it to be one of those sequels that makes me think I'd rather be playing the original while I play it. It's not bad, and it looks great, but so far it just doesn't capture the fun of the original. The level gimmicks like watering the plants, moving around pipe parts, using the mirror portals are more bothersome than challenging and are overused. It also feels like there's more mandatory character switching compared to the first game. Doesn't seem like I can do as much continuous dumb box/plank/grappling stuff progression-wise before I'm forced to switch or slow down momentum and do the same puzzle again.

Have played through half the levels and they all feel about 1/3rd longer than they should be and start dragging before they're over. Also don't care for how Frozenbyte handle the collectible aspects, definitely a case of more, more, more, more stuff to collect turning me off of trying to find stuff at all. First game had a nice sweet spot of 20-30 things to find in most levels, with a couple hidden decently that made it worth it to keep an eye out. With Trine 2, every level has 100+ collectibles and it just saps my will to explore the levels since there are so many. I'm like the opposite of the OCD gamer. Trying to make everything larger in scale makes the levels/puzzles wear out their welcome, and this is from someone that had no problem making multiple level runs in the original. I think Trine 2 is going to be an one-time affair.

I don't dislike it, otherwise I wouldn't be playing it, but I just hope Trine 3 is more in line with the first game.

Sivek fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Aug 15, 2014

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anybody tried Ziggurat? It looks really good, but it's also early access...

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Sivek posted:

Finally getting around to playing Trine 2 and am finding it to be ...

I don't dislike it, otherwise I wouldn't be playing it, but I just hope Trine 3 is more in line with the first game.

I mostly agree. I would like to add that I think getting rid of all the little hidden artifacts and magic items was a bad change. Searching out a hidden area only to get a few extra points of XP is not as cool as finding an item that gives you an actual upgrade, even if it is minor.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Oh hey, they added a blue accent to everything. :pcgaming:

fake edit: oh my god everything is so much faster, that's what red is supposed to do

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

First Bass posted:

Oh hey, they added a blue accent to everything. :pcgaming:

fake edit: oh my god everything is so much faster, that's what red is supposed to do

You're just looking at it from the wrong side.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
The new icon in my bottom bar thing is throwing off my groove. Change is bad, Valve.

Also I'm super bummed Hotline Miami 2 isn't coming out tomorrow. :smith:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Male Man posted:

You're just looking at it from the wrong side.
loving nice :science:

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011
I don't know what you people are talking about, steam looks so much better now. Font is way sharper, colours are a bit nicer, everything looks great.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Sun at Night is such an adorable game so far. :3:

...it's all going to turn horribly later on, I can tell.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Aug 15, 2014

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

The blue gradient at the top that doesn't blend in well is the only issue I have with the update. It's just badly done.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Games can now be assigned to more than one category.

Holy loving Christ they've finally done it.

*faints*

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Grog posted:

The blue gradient at the top that doesn't blend in well is the only issue I have with the update. It's just badly done.
It makes it look like your monitor suddenly developed a bad case of backlight bleed at the top of the screen.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mmm that new Gauntlet looks good

kater
Nov 16, 2010

GreatGreen posted:

Games can now be assigned to more than one category.

Holy loving Christ they've finally done it.

*faints*

It's been so long I've forgotten why I wanted this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's too late. My needs have progressed from 'Steam, categorize my games' to 'Steam, play my games for me'

• Locked thread