Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

So, while using the new version, I clicked a link to a post in chrome. No matter what I do now, randomly I keep getting taken back to that post. Sometimes its when I tap out of the left side menu, sometimes its when I click the bookmarks button, and other times it's just when I open the app from totally closed.

Not sure if this is a bug report or I'm just an idiot that is missing a setting, but please help because I'm getting really sick of Doobie's dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

inkmoth posted:

So, while using the new version, I clicked a link to a post in chrome. No matter what I do now, randomly I keep getting taken back to that post. Sometimes its when I tap out of the left side menu, sometimes its when I click the bookmarks button, and other times it's just when I open the app from totally closed.

Not sure if this is a bug report or I'm just an idiot that is missing a setting, but please help because I'm getting really sick of Doobie's dogs.

When it happens the next time try pressing the back button a few times until you are back at the homescreen.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Sereri posted:

When it happens the next time try pressing the back button a few times until you are back at the homescreen.

Thanks, this seems to have worked for me. No more doobie in the last 24 hours, I'm safe at last.

One other stupid question - since the update I've been unable to find the button to jump to a specific page in the thread... I

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

inkmoth posted:

Thanks, this seems to have worked for me. No more doobie in the last 24 hours, I'm safe at last.

One other stupid question - since the update I've been unable to find the button to jump to a specific page in the thread... I

Butt Discussin posted:

Did the new version get rid of the"go to page" feature? If not, where can I find it?

Edit: nevermind, I just figured it out. Tap the page number in the bottom middle and it will bring it up.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Well, apparently I don't know how to read.
:shrek:

Thanks for the pointer.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Love the app. I'm using it on my nexus 7 and want his to load every time. I seem to remember a message about there being a setting, but I can't seem to find the setting now. What am I missing?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Dirk Pitt posted:

Love the app. I'm using it on my nexus 7 and want his to load every time. I seem to remember a message about there being a setting, but I can't seem to find the setting now. What am I missing?

You want what?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

hooah posted:

You want what?

Gifs. My bad. Stupid swipe

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Dirk Pitt posted:

Gifs. My bad. Stupid swipe

Everything you want should be in the "images" sub-menu within settings. I think.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Gif blocking's a performance tweak so it's in the Advanced menu

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Yo, guys, just wanted to let you know the new app is running buttersmooth on my craptastic poo poo tablet. Definitely an improvement.

Thanks.

bronin
Oct 15, 2009

use it or throw it away

spankmeister posted:

I think it's a regression because unless I'm mistaken it was working a couple of versions before.

This seems to get hosed up again every other version or so

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The Windows model.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Anyone else notice the app is showing all spoilered posts by default? I double checked and I don't have that option selected (even toggled it, just to see). Good thing I'd already seen that movie. I'm on a VZW Moto X on 4.4.4

Edit: doing it on my Note 3 as well, so I'm assuming it's the app.

XIII fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 9, 2014

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

LastInLine posted:

Fixed that to show what Google meant.

Thank god gravity box can fix that (better if using the GPE rom).

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

XIII posted:

Anyone else notice the app is showing all spoilered posts by default? I double checked and I don't have that option selected (even toggled it, just to see). Good thing I'd already seen that movie. I'm on a VZW Moto X on 4.4.4

Edit: doing it on my Note 3 as well, so I'm assuming it's the app.

Do you by any chance use a custom theme? If so who ever made it either didn't set a spoiler style or the theme broke at some point.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Sereri posted:

Do you by any chance use a custom theme? If so who ever made it either didn't set a spoiler style or the theme broke at some point.

I do. I use the dark theme Spanky created back when you introduced css themes. What should I look for in the file to see if it's there?

Edit: found it. How does this look?

XIII fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 9, 2014

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
This app is great, but I am having one issue. Is there any way to disable image links? Sometimes I'll want to scroll down and the app thinks I want to open the hotlinked image on the image hosting site. I have it set to always check before opening in an external app for this reason, but is there a more elegant solution?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I'm using the current market version of the app and I've found that I can't click the link on a quote to jump to the person's quoted post. Is anyone else noticing this?

Stock unrooted Moto X, FWIW.

Edit: And now it works. Nevermind.

Nth Doctor fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 9, 2014

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I've been having an issue with choosing custom fonts that causes thread titles to not display. I can fix it by changing the font, but it'd be cool if it could get bug fixed.

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 10, 2014

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Yeah I posted that the same thing was happening to me last page. It's only with terminus mono though, and I have a galaxy note 2.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Nth Doctor posted:

I'm using the current market version of the app and I've found that I can't click the link on a quote to jump to the person's quoted post. Is anyone else noticing this?

Stock unrooted Moto X, FWIW.

Edit: And now it works. Nevermind.

If you're hiding previous post it can't jump to a hidden post on the same page. I patched it in the last version but for some reason it still only works some of the time. Goddamn webview.

As for the font thing, I just tried terminus mono and it worked for me. Is this instantly or is it like when you return to the app or something like that?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Sereri posted:

If you're hiding previous post it can't jump to a hidden post on the same page. I patched it in the last version but for some reason it still only works some of the time. Goddamn webview.

I wasn't. My best explanation is missing the link with big dumb sausage fingers or something.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

It happens immediately (and its still happening for me). It's only the thread titles that are gone though. Everything else works fine.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It occasionally won't jump to post for me as well, although I forgot the circumstances that cause it.

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

Thanks for all the work you put into this. Love the new update!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Great app, one niggle: every time I click a thumbnailed image it automatically opens it in my browser instead of just embiggening it. Is this intentional?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

notZaar posted:

Great app, one niggle: every time I click a thumbnailed image it automatically opens it in my browser instead of just embiggening it. Is this intentional?

There's an option somewhere that will let you decide what to do when you tap on links.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

hooah posted:

There's an option somewhere that will let you decide what to do when you tap on links.

It took me forever to find the option. Here it is:
Settings->Posts->Always Open Links->Uncheck
It threw me when I couldn't find it in the Images section.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

You can get the HTC Zoe app now . I don't know what it works on, but the play store says it's incompatible with my Moto X.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Thermopyle posted:

You can get the HTC Zoe app now . I don't know what it works on, but the play store says it's incompatible with my Moto X.
Compatible with my N5 but not my N7 4G or N10. Didn't actually try it though.

VVVVV Damnit, I didn't even check.

Tunga fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 15, 2014

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Thermopyle posted:

Wrong thread?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

XIII posted:

Wrong thread?

Wow, i'm a terrible mod.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Thermopyle posted:

Wow, i'm a terrible mod.

Blame Awful for posting to the wrong thread :newlol:

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Sereri posted:

With regard to breaking cjstom themes, I still haven't managed to get mine to do spoilers in posts with non-black backgrounds, or to shape the per-post edit/quote menu nicely, and it's theoretically possible that someone's using my OLED theme still. Besides me, obv.

I just can't do CSS. :(

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Will the möjîbãkě be fixed soon? :)

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination

Thermopyle posted:

Wow, i'm a terrible mod.

Awful Android app - I Can't Believe It's Not The App Thread

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Since the forums is now doing the little box to indicate platinum status, can that get added to AwfulApp? I need to judge people.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

ArcMage posted:

With regard to breaking cjstom themes, I still haven't managed to get mine to do spoilers in posts with non-black backgrounds, or to shape the per-post edit/quote menu nicely, and it's theoretically possible that someone's using my OLED theme still. Besides me, obv.

I just can't do CSS. :(

Yeah, I have no clue what I need to change to fix the spoilers. I just stay out of the movie discussion threads if I'm on mobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Since the forums is now doing the little box to indicate platinum status, can that get added to AwfulApp? I need to judge people.

Doing what now?