Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the people i hate most in the world are cyclists who ride on the sidewalk. you are a vehicle, get off the sidewalk.

they are lazy and cowards or possibly children if they do this

gotta share the road the right way and teach car drivers to respect you at intersections

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
kid bikers are cool too though and when you are driving you need to respect the fact that they don't know all the rules of the road

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

syscall girl posted:

kid bikers are cool too though and when you are driving you need to respect the fact that they don't know all the rules of the road

no they are filth who should be run over before they can procreate

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

internal gearing systems are not new

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i should buy a new bike. my current one is a pos that i found at the back of my garage.

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR
pos bikes are awesome, if it's rideable you can probably sell it for some cash on gumtree/craigslist and if it's not you could donate it to a local shop or coop so they can strip it for parts and it will ~live on~

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

laser grid ball lamp creator richard redpath posts spam update #827 on his old kickstarter project, people ask him to stop, he flips the gently caress out and takes his (laser)ball home (to indiegoog)

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

syscall girl posted:

they are lazy and cowards or possibly children if they do this

children don't get a pass. if you're not old enough to ride in the street, you're not old enough to ride in public

a 50 lb child on a bicycle is as significant a hazard to pedestrians as a 200 lb adult. em vee squared is a motherfucker.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

kids are smaller and slower on bikes, pls dont advocate that they ride on the street

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

theflyingexecutive posted:

kids are smaller and slower on bikes, pls dont advocate that they ride on the street

they're in my way, put 'em on the street and let the cars sort it out

*massive girth takes up entire sidewalk*

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

plus they are extra stupid when it comes to, ya know, looking out for traffic. i am bad parent for not making mine wear helmets

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

um, yes

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

like if you want a 40th semester abortion, having some unqualified motorist do it for you just isn't nice

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

FrozenVent posted:

like if you want a 40th semester abortion

lol at this too

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

but let's be real, coming from a neuroscientist and traumatic brain injury recipient, make your children wear loving helmets

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

but let's be real, coming from a neuroscientist and traumatic brain injury recipient someone putting even the tiniest effort into being a responsible parent, make your children wear loving helmets

ftfy

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

but let's be real, coming from a neuroscientist and traumatic brain injury recipient, make your children wear loving helmets

and don't be one of those dunces that makes their kids wear a helmet and then goes riding with them without wearing a helmet yourself.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

and don't be one of those dunces that makes their kids wear a helmet and then goes riding with them without wearing a helmet yourself.

it's okay son, when you are cool like me and over the legally mandated age you can risk your life or perhaps some part of your consciousness, mobility, who knows it's crazy

when you are cool and older like i am :smug:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
if you don't make your kids wear helmets you're basically investing in turning them into the kinds of people who don't wear seatbelts or really respect any kind of safety best practice

like maybe they only ride bikes slowly and in places where nothing bad could ever happen but congrats for the rest of their life they'll just be never wearing a condom

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
but lol if you wear a helmet in your car

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TeKHIfji30

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

as a dwarf i wear my helmet at all times

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

or just throws some bigass nonfitting helmet on they head, that shits worthless. wear helmets that fit please.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

the lead dev at my last job used to be all "I dont need to wear a helmet I grew up climbing trees and I know to cover my head with my arms if I ever fall off my bike"

I only put a token effort into convincing her otherwise because I would have liked to take over her job

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

if you need to wear a helmet in your car odds are that you're doing something pretty cool

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

THC posted:

the lead dev at my last job used to be all "I dont need to wear a helmet I grew up climbing trees and I know to cover my head with my arms if I ever fall off my bike"

I only put a token effort into convincing her otherwise because I would have liked to take over her job

just be happy in the comfort that you are subordinate to someone likely suffering from brain damage

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

keyboard vomit posted:

if you need to wear a helmet in your car odds are that you're doing something pretty cool

ok yeah if you're doing something cool wear a helmet

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
helmets take away coolness points. you got to maximize your coolness multiplayer to get enough points to get laid.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

THC posted:

lol

i endo'd once mountain biking and that poo poo happened so fast one second i was riding and next i knew I was sliding 20 feet on the ground on my face

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

lol

i endo'd once mountain biking and that poo poo happened so fast one second i was riding and next i knew I was sliding 20 feet on the ground on my face

solution: don't wear a helmet. also don't bike.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

USSMICHELLEBACHMAN posted:

just be happy in the comfort that you are subordinate to someone likely suffering from brain damage

the secret to corporate happiness do txt

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
wear a special person helmet everywhere

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Sniep posted:

wear a special person helmet everywhere

why would i ever take off my face?

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

in order to report to your reptilian overseer of course

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

lol

it takes like 200 ms just for you to process the fact that you have fallen/are falling off the bike, let alone react to it

some people are just immune to the concept of "bad things could happen to me and I might not personally be able to deal with them all by myself"

shocker: she is also a libertarian who reads hacker news

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

i'd like to take my face

off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect