Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
orange and blue :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I wonder if ballmer can dunk

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

he can definitely dunk, just not basketballs

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

You guys are right, of course. I'm just being a dumb fool and trying to save some face. I backed the wrong horse and I feel like an absolute jackass now. My friend once bet me that the PS3 would overtake the 360 after 3 years on market and I mocked the sh*t out of him after he lost that bet because he was so smug and so confident that it would happen. Karma is f****** real. I know that now. I didn't even care except to rub it in his face and in the faces of people like him. "They'll win cause they're sony and they always win". I call it the sony smugness. F**** annoying.

So after the xb1/ps4 launches, he bet me that ps4 would have a 2:1 edge at the end of 2015. I took that bet and ran. Sure, Microsoft can't f*** this sh*t up that badly, can they? They had the drat dudebro's eating out of their drat hands. Holy sh*t. I was their #1 motherf**** fan. I deserve this because I couldn't take the high road when I won that initial bet. This sh** is PS2 vs. XB all over again drat. 125mil + to probably 38 mil if they're lucky. They're gonna 3:1 these asses. Now he's gonna have that sh** grin wide as the f***** mississippi when I see him in a couple months.

Sure they could maybe pull a "kinect" out of their asses again to make it more respectable but that's a long shot at best. These guys. These f******* guys. DRM. poo poo hardware. F***** the indies early and often. Being cheap as f***** where it counted. Spending assloads of benjamins on NFL and other TV sh** no one gives two sh** about. $499 and mandatory kinect? Are you sh***** me? Where's the hidden cameras? Input One? How about Input None you epic friggin' fools. Now they're trying to play catch up like a fat man tryin' to catch a runaway dog. Lassie's long gone home muthaf****.

Sony's got you beat in every facet that matters: games, price, power, brand, mindshare, etc, etc. et muthaf**** c. You did this. You deserve all of this. You could have paid someone to come up with the worst possible way to launch a follow up console to the 360 and he wouldn't be able to come up with half the f*** up sh** they ended up with. Holy sh**. Unbelievable. I'm done.

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”
Agreed, 70 *s

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

qirex posted:

You guys are right, of course. I'm just being a dumb fool and trying to save some face. I backed the wrong horse and I feel like an absolute jackass now. My friend once bet me that the PS3 would overtake the 360 after 3 years on market and I mocked the sh*t out of him after he lost that bet because he was so smug and so confident that it would happen. Karma is f****** real. I know that now. I didn't even care except to rub it in his face and in the faces of people like him. "They'll win cause they're sony and they always win". I call it the sony smugness. F**** annoying.

So after the xb1/ps4 launches, he bet me that ps4 would have a 2:1 edge at the end of 2015. I took that bet and ran. Sure, Microsoft can't f*** this sh*t up that badly, can they? They had the drat dudebro's eating out of their drat hands. Holy sh*t. I was their #1 motherf**** fan. I deserve this because I couldn't take the high road when I won that initial bet. This sh** is PS2 vs. XB all over again drat. 125mil + to probably 38 mil if they're lucky. They're gonna 3:1 these asses. Now he's gonna have that sh** grin wide as the f***** mississippi when I see him in a couple months.

Sure they could maybe pull a "kinect" out of their asses again to make it more respectable but that's a long shot at best. These guys. These f******* guys. DRM. poo poo hardware. F***** the indies early and often. Being cheap as f***** where it counted. Spending assloads of benjamins on NFL and other TV sh** no one gives two sh** about. $499 and mandatory kinect? Are you sh***** me? Where's the hidden cameras? Input One? How about Input None you epic friggin' fools. Now they're trying to play catch up like a fat man tryin' to catch a runaway dog. Lassie's long gone home muthaf****.

Sony's got you beat in every facet that matters: games, price, power, brand, mindshare, etc, etc. et muthaf**** c. You did this. You deserve all of this. You could have paid someone to come up with the worst possible way to launch a follow up console to the 360 and he wouldn't be able to come up with half the f*** up sh** they ended up with. Holy sh**. Unbelievable. I'm done.
context: there was a games conference today with sony and microsoft, based off their quarterly figures & other statements microsoft can only have shipped 6.2m units worldwide to date. their competitor announced 10m sold through to customers across the same timespan

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

qirex posted:

Don Mattrick says you're welcome!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
can you even trade in an xbone at gamestop?? would they even accept it or are u just stuck with it?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

homo punching bag posted:

can you even trade in an xbone at gamestop?? would they even accept it or are u just stuck with it?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

im mad i came up with this along with like 30 other people at the same time. coulda been my ticket outta this one-horse town

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

that can't be real

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

holy poo poo

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

how much can you pawn the iPhones for?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Blackula69 posted:

that can't be real

it isnt!! you've been taken for a joyride my friend

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Blackula69 posted:

that can't be real

pram posted:

it isnt!! you've been taken for a joyride my friend

sweet sassafras ive been had!

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
I wasn't being declarative but yeah, I can imagine they're not exactly hot resellers

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

i bought an xbox one controller to use with my pc and i ended up getting a "day one" limited edition for, like 30$ cheaper than something nib

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

duTrieux. posted:

i bought an xbox one controller to use with my pc and i ended up getting a "day one" limited edition for, like 30$ cheaper than something nib

the day one edition poo poo is probably one of the more hilarious things ms has done lately

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Console-Day-Edition/dp/B00CMQTVK0/

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
1.0 out of 5 stars Good luck if you want to ever play a game with someone SITTING IN THE SAME ROOM. This is BULLSH*T, August 7, 2014
By itsme72002 - See all my reviews
This review is from: Xbox One Console - Day One Edition (Video Game)
I'm starting to ABSOLUTELY HATE everything about how this system has evolved. It seems so many of the best games supposedly let you play with other gamers across the globe (after forcing you to sign up for a ridiculous amount of extra accounts that then try to charge you - OH WAIT I NEED AN XBOX GOLD ACCOUNT, AND THEN AN EA ORIGIN ACCOUNT, AND WHAT ELSE !!!!!!!!), but I can't play or it's impossible to figure out how to play a game with a person sitting in the SAME F*&&^%^&&&&ING ROOM RIGHT NEXT TO YOU. This is typical BULLSH*T Microsoft.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

someone set out whats usual thx

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
about $230 it says here

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

qntm posted:

about $230 it says here

still hilarious that it's less than half the retail price but that probably because gamestop is a loving scam

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

ps4 is $250

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So, effectively, PS4 is worth $120 more in Gamestop trade in value. Good job, MS

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

gamestop: we'd rather have 58 copies of NHL 06 than an xbone

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
wtf is this poo poo lol

quote:

Microsoft Launches iOS Celebrity News App, 'Snipp3t'
If you can't go about your day without quick access to your favorite celebrities, Microsoft has you covered.

Snipp3t

Microsoft this weekend released a brand-new app for iOS that lets you "subscribe" to celebrities. In doing so, you set yourself up to receive personalized headlines, social media feeds, and all the other news you can handle regarding your favorite famous people.

And, yes, just about anyone is considered a celebrity in Snipp3t—even Charles Manson himself, reports The Unofficial Apple Weblog.
"Tap on a celebrity to view their detailed profiles and explore a timeline of news stories surrounding them. You can also tap into a news story to get all relevant story content (news articles, photos, videos, and social mentions) in one place," reads Microsoft's description of the app on Apple's App Store.

Searching for celebrities (and news related to them) within the app is pretty similar to a standard Bing search, unless you associate your Facebook account with the app to enable its subscription features. Doing so also allows you to see which celebrities your Facebook friends happen to be following, in case you need to find more people to chat with about Anna Kendrick, The Rock, or whomever.

And if you really want to get heated, you can also share your thoughts about a particular celebrity with your friends or anyone else subscribing to a particular celeb. Now's the time to let all those Justin Bieber fans know what you thought of his latest antics.

The app currently works with iPads and iPhones, though it's been designed for the latter.

Microsoft's app comes several weeks after Facebook released its "Mentions" app, which is specifically for verified public figures such as actors, athletes, musicians, and government officials. The app essentially lets these people more easily manage their Facebook presence and engage with fans on the social network.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".

quote:

If you can't go about your day without quick access to your favorite celebrities, you need help

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

only ms could launch a new service and have it end up halfway down the page of google results when you search for the name, and forget to make a version for their own platform.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Thanks Ants posted:

only ms could launch a new service and have it end up halfway down the page of google results when you search for the name, and forget to make a version for their own platform.

lmao they didnt forget, they did the math and realized development cost could never be offset by potential ad revenue

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lmao they didnt forget, they did the math and realized development cost could never be offset by potential ad revenue

Fukken lol

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Thanks Ants posted:

this is the company that made a touch-based office for ipad, but forced the windows tablet to include an entire windows desktop.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

this is the company that made a touch-based office for ipad, sat on it for god knows how long, but forced the windows tablet to include an entire windows desktop.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/08/14/ex-nokia-exec-tomi-ahonen-explains-the-microsoft-nokia-mess/

quote:

when Microsoft and Nokia first negotiated about the sale of the handset unit to Microsoft in early Spring 2013, the offer Microsoft made was so undesirable to Nokia, Nokia walked away from the negotiations. Then Nokia rushed the X Series on Android project onto prototype stage (late Spring 2013) by probably altering a few preliminary Asha and Lumia projects onto the Android OS, and when those were leaked, Microsoft rushed in with an improved offer so that the two parties could negotiate a deal.

quote:

Microsoft’s desire and its ‘deep’ understanding of Nokia was based on Nokia’s performance in 2012. Microsoft would think that whatever lesser performance Elop had at Nokia in 2013 was because of resources diverted to the urgent secret project for Project X on Android. So while Nokia reported declining sales and market share all through 2013, Microsoft – i.e., Ballmer – could rather easily look past that, thinking that what he was buying was the Nokia that existed in 2012, and if Microsoft took ownership of the handset business and discarded the nonsense, with full Microsoft marketing muscle etc., they could soon resurrect the troubled handset business back to where it was around 2012.

quote:

Then, while owning Nokia handsets unit for 3 weeks, Nadella saw the first actual performance data and that the basic phones – dumbphones, feature phones, Asha touch-screen internet phones, and X Series Android phones – combined, saw a collapse of 29% of their unit sales in just three weeks.
read the whole thing though

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

you cut that last quote short of the best part

Then, while owning Nokia handsets unit for 3 weeks, Nadella saw the first actual performance data and that the basic phones – dumbphones, feature phones, Asha touch-screen internet phones, and X Series Android phones – combined, saw a collapse of 29% of their unit sales in just three weeks. No doubt the CEO called around to a few of Nokia’s large handset partner-distributors like China Mobile, Vodafone, Telefonica, etc., and discovered that they didn’t like Microsoft and would continue to damage any handset business by Microsoft.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

im the billionaire ceo walking in the wilderness while my legs buckle inward as my jeans stretch comically around my pocket-phablets and swolen gut like a common goon

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

also, they probably didn't want to use that silver light poo poo

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

mobile worst, cloud worst

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

why would you want 2012 nokia? except maybe if the only other choice is 2013 nokia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

holy moley what a shitshow

• Locked thread