Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Guess who :kimchi:

(Almost makes me want to texture mod some stuff to fully cosplay Shovel Knight characters!)

That's pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

THE loving MOON posted:

I wish I had a pic, but yesterday I died fighting ng+++ Rotten when he had literally no red left on his bar. He must have had like 0.5 hp left. :saddowns:

You can actually kill some bosses and die at the same time, and it will end up not counting (ex. Darklurker, I also had Pursuer flip out and smack me while his dying animation was playing once).

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That's for all bosses, f you die you get nothing. It also means if you tie with a Heide Knight or some other enemy with a one time drop you're screwed unless you use an ascetic. I bet it'd be really annoying to double KO on a red phantom NPC and have it drop something. Oh well, I didn't want that incredibly rare drop anyway.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I've lost rotten fights to burning to death at the same time as killing him. Luckily rotten is a pretty easy boss. I also lost my last freyja fight due to the little spiders, and I'm pretty sure I rolled off the edge as I killed nashandra the first time through.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh my god it's so hard to go back to DS1 on the 360. Even setting aside the gameplay changes and weapon leveling, the framerate, UI and graphics are so much worse in comparison! I still like the kick more than guard break though.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Here is a script to do the martial arts moveset if anyone is interested. You need to either: have no weapons and wear vanquishers seal OR use caestus. There are single-hand moves and powerstance moves. Some people report the script does not work for them but I do not know of any solutions other than to make sure you are equipped (or unequipped) properly.

http://a.pomf.se/ngzvkl.CT

Examples of the moveset:
http://a.pomf.se/rchvrs.webm
http://a.pomf.se/rskjir.webm

It has been posted here before, but not the script to do it. It is responsive to your STR/DEX just like the barehand moveset.

This is courtesy of 4chan/Eur0pa&Querns.
The CE people have also been doing some crazy stuff with magic but I think that's been posted here already.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

:getin:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I for one think it's cool you decided to make papa smurf.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Did you modify a texture? Cause I don't recognize the chest piece

turtlecrunch posted:

Here is a script to do the martial arts moveset if anyone is interested. You need to either: have no weapons and wear vanquishers seal OR use caestus. There are single-hand moves and powerstance moves. Some people report the script does not work for them but I do not know of any solutions other than to make sure you are equipped (or unequipped) properly.

http://a.pomf.se/ngzvkl.CT

I was so happy. And now I'm sad because it doesn't work for me. :(

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 15, 2014

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Looks like Benhart's armor to me.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Latency is a bitch

RBA Starblade posted:

You're supposed to be parrying that late? It looks like the attack has already finished to me!
The active parry frames on the GS/GH parry are really deep into the animation. I don't think any of the other parries can compare in how long it takes to get the parry out. That's why it's pretty impressive that he can land those so consistently when he's accounting for how long the parry takes to come out and being able to predict when the other players are going to attack while accounting for lag (versus reacting with a parry, like with the monastery scimitar)

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Genocyber posted:

Did you modify a texture? Cause I don't recognize the chest piece

Manatee Cannon posted:

Looks like Benhart's armor to me.

Yes, aaaand yes.

e: Man, those fist moves are awesome. I hope they get (properly) implemented in the coming DLC!

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Aug 16, 2014

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man, my Roaring Halberd at +5 and Raw absolutely murders bosses (all my stats are 20, so Dark infusions, etc, actually drop the overall damage quite drastically...) but holy poo poo it's aggravating in regular fights. Unless I've got an entire football field to myself, the swing of the drat thing will end up locking me into the 'deflected' animation and get me killed.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

RBA Starblade posted:

You're supposed to be parrying that late? It looks like the attack has already finished to me!

This video goes over a lot of weapon including greatswords and the like and you have to basically be at the end of the parry animation with some of the bigger sticks to parry successfully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6E77OR13F4&hd=1

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

turtlecrunch posted:

The CE people have also been doing some crazy stuff with magic but I think that's been posted here already.

I'm more concerned about the guys who use summon sign names over the character limit to crash people who look at them.

If I had access to a computer that could run the game I'd see about making an immunity script to that and the +14 weapon stuff that can be constantly run. That kind of thing is just not necessary.

This whole situation just makes me shake my head since Dark Souls 1 had the basic sanity checking that stopped this stuff cold. To think you can literally crash someone out by having too long a name. Unbelievable.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 16, 2014

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The fist moveset works so well with my badass character :getin:

http://a.pomf.se/xwzxvp.webm

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Your Computer posted:

You're just loading that up and checking the box, right? Can't figure out why it doesn't work for me. :(

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Your Computer posted:

What the gently caress, can you become Heihachi? If only there was a Crossed arms taunt.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Genocyber posted:

You're just loading that up and checking the box, right? Can't figure out why it doesn't work for me. :(

Yeah. Open DS2, open that script, hook it into DS2, click the checkbox (wearing two caesti) and firing away. Are you using an older version of CE? It doesn't make sense to me for it to just not work for someone :confused:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Your Computer posted:

Yeah. Open DS2, open that script, hook it into DS2, click the checkbox (wearing two caesti) and firing away. Are you using an older version of CE? It doesn't make sense to me for it to just not work for someone :confused:

v6.4 :shrug:

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Just fought a guy called Fist of the South Sun on the Iron Keep bridge with that moveset. One of you?

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Your Computer posted:

It doesn't make sense to me for it to just not work for someone :confused:

That script needs to be turned on after you load your game or it won't work.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 16, 2014

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Welp, here's my Fashion Souls entry :v:

Gonna hit 15 million souls soon. I'm sort of torn on whether or not I want to just keep pvping and wait for the new DLC, or just go ahead and roll on into NG+. I know I'm way overleveled for NG+, but I killed a whole lot of Giant Lords for the twinkling titanite so... :shrug:

edit: tables

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well it sure didn't take long for my low level pvp character to run out of dudes to kill in the belfries.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Well it sure didn't take long for my low level pvp character to run out of dudes to kill in the belfries.

I miss the bellbros. :(

At launch nobody knew up from down, now everybody ignores the Belfry like the plague.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

THE loving MOON posted:

At launch nobody knew up from down, now everybody ignores the Belfry like the plague.

So you should host.

(Also people didn't ignore the plague.)

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
gently caress, I updated GeDoSaTo and now I can't get DS2 to work with it :(
Borderless fullscreen (a necessity) crashes the game on startup, and steam has also crashed (?!) twice now.

e: three times.
e2: like 10 times. Remember kids; if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :negative:

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Aug 16, 2014

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

THE loving MOON posted:

Kind of goofy of them to put the two best pvp covenants in completely optional areas.
Then again, they hate invaders so.

I didn't get a single bellbong in my last 2 gargoyle runs at normal SM for the area.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

turtlecrunch posted:

Then again, they hate invaders so.

You're stupid.

ARGH! I can't invade low level players with my twink build anymore! From hates invaders!

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Gee thanks.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Oh my god. gently caress the Shrine of Amana so goddamn hard. I can't even get to the boss room because of these ranged spellcasters just peppering me with magic goddamn missiles from half a mile away. :argh:

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
FROM please nerf

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

explosivo posted:

Oh my god. gently caress the Shrine of Amana so goddamn hard. I can't even get to the boss room because of these ranged spellcasters just peppering me with magic goddamn missiles from half a mile away. :argh:

They're obnoxious as poo poo but pretty slow to react if you just charge them. Roll under, or just sprint to the side of, their projectiles and you can wail on them. Taking it slow will get you killed more often than not.

Also, summon the NPC in the first hut you come to. She'll wreck poo poo and distract the casters for you.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

explosivo posted:

Roll at a steep angle towards them as they're about to hit you. Or sprint at that same angle towards the ladies.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
The proper answer is wheeling and dealing.

Or Great Magic Barrier.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

argondamn posted:

You're stupid.

ARGH! I can't invade low level players with my twink build anymore! From hates invaders!

ahahahahaha

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I'm working my rolling game hard against these casters, but the problem is near the fog wall when there's a few of them with 3 melee dudes that react and rush in. Even with a +Magic Def ring and gear that has high Magic Def getting hit once just takes such a huge chunk of my health out. I know it's doable but, gently caress, it's tough. I'm taking a break and seeing if I can get any further into the DLC dungeon yet :v:

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

explosivo posted:

Yeah I'm working my rolling game hard against these casters, but the problem is near the fog wall when there's a few of them with 3 melee dudes that react and rush in. Even with a +Magic Def ring and gear that has high Magic Def getting hit once just takes such a huge chunk of my health out. I know it's doable but, gently caress, it's tough. I'm taking a break and seeing if I can get any further into the DLC dungeon yet :v:

Yeah, that particular section sucks rear end. I think you can kill the caster on the left without pulling anything. If you're careful, you oughta be able to get the one on the right with a bow or something. At that point it's just dealing with the two melee assholes, which is a huge pain, but they do leash if you want to try and split them up a bit. Really, I'd just summon up the NPC and let her do some tanking for you. She helps a great deal.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

explosivo posted:

heh that isn't even the boss fogwall.

That is probably the most obnoxious part of Amana though, whiff your ranged attack against the hammer dudes and they'll flatten you. Which approach to take dealing with them all depends on your build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

argondamn posted:

You're stupid.

The two main invasion covenants are almost impossible to max thanks to insane requirements, and invasion items are extremely difficult to get.

From hates invaders.