Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best version of El?
This poll is closed.
Elminster 20 6.45%
Elmara 20 6.45%
Entwine 13 4.19%
GURPS 99 31.94%
El Kabong 153 49.35%
Elves 5 1.61%
Total: 310 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
If you were Jennifer Connolly would you fall into sex slavery for a mint first-edition copy of the 1e Player's Handbook?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
What I'm waiting on is mostly board games and kickstarters at this point. Kickstarter wise I'm looking forward to the Fragged Empire playtest, along with Reunion and Urban Shadows in the future. For board games it's XCom and SW: Armada.

Other than that, uh, I'm curious about Exalted 3 but I wouldn't really say I'm looking forward to that (hope being the first step, etc).

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Arivia posted:

If you were Jennifer Connolly would you fall into sex slavery for a mint first-edition copy of the 1e Player's Handbook?

I'd do it even if I weren't Jennifer Connolly.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Arivia posted:

No, I'd be tripping balls and fighting David Bowie's crotch bulge.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Benagain posted:

This guy gets it.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Benagain posted:

Dance magic dance, mothafucka :catdrugs:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Y'all need to work for an academic library. Nobody gives a poo poo about drug testing and you get some sweet-rear end surplus shelves to support your enormous collection of shame-books.

'course the pay is terrible and the management is made up of the worst, most abusive kind of nerds around, but hey, no late fees!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I started playing Star Control 2 last night for the first time after I won it 20 years ago.

So who out there has made a Star Control RPG, and did it suck?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

grassy gnoll posted:

Y'all need to work for an academic library. Nobody gives a poo poo about drug testing and you get some sweet-rear end surplus shelves to support your enormous collection of shame-books.

'course the pay is terrible and the management is made up of the worst, most abusive kind of nerds around, but hey, no late fees!

Academic support owns

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."

grassy gnoll posted:

Alternatively, public libraries. Where the pay is actually worse, but the management is usually pretty cool. Also: No late fees on books you take out. If you also don't mind dealing with screaming kids sometimes.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

dwarf74 posted:

I started playing Star Control 2 last night for the first time after I won it 20 years ago.

So who out there has made a Star Control RPG, and did it suck?

There better be goddamn Frungi rules if they did.

The Utwig own bones.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

dragon_pamcake posted:

There better be goddamn Frungi rules if they did.

The Utwig own bones.

We were going to write a Frubgy rules section, but got distracted playing Frungy. It's a great game, after all! Which team do you Earthmen follow?

That is the entirety of any Frungy section that should ever exist.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Arivia posted:

El Kabong

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Gazetteer posted:

Alternatively, public libraries. Where the pay is actually worse, but the management is usually pretty cool. Also: No late fees on books you take out. If you also don't mind dealing with screaming kids sometimes.

If the public libraries around here could afford to hire full-time staff, I'd go back in a heartbeat. The time I got to sign up a first-generation American kid for his library card is legit one of the happiest memories I've got.

Little dude was just so excited to check out his crappy off-brand Percy Jackson book and Harry Potter DVD. :unsmith:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Is it just me, or does this guy's sword look like some kind of Liefeldian weapon swap-job?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Majuju posted:

Is it just me, or does this guy's sword look like some kind of Liefeldian weapon swap-job?

Yep, if I had to guess I'd say at some point dude had his spear in that hand or whatever, but his hand and his sword are on completely different angles, the same thing's happening with his other hand, how's he holding the spear AND the shield? even if you accept the shield is somehow lashed to the spear-pole, the way it's lashed still wouldn't leave room for that dude's fingers.

Edit:
what I mean

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 15, 2014

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

We were going to write a Frubgy rules section, but got distracted playing Frungy. It's a great game, after all! Which team do you Earthmen follow?

That is the entirety of any Frungy section that should ever exist.

Maybe there should be a GM only section on betting on Frungy and whether or not your broker is screwing you and running with your money. The Zoq-Fot-Pik have a racial bonus to not get cheated because they at least know the team names.

Only the Fot knows the rules and he never speaks.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
This may be a dumb question, but I've noticed some of us have a box next to our usernames, where mods and admins usually have their stars:

and other people don't.

Anyone know what or why that is?

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Error 404 posted:

This may be a dumb question, but I've noticed some of us have a box next to our usernames, where mods and admins usually have their stars:

and other people don't.

Anyone know what or why that is?

Hover your cursor over it and solve the mystery.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

I don't see any of those at all. :saddowns:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Reene posted:

I don't see any of those at all. :saddowns:

Hit ctrl+F5.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

General Ironicus posted:

Welp, now I feel really dumb! :v:

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Error 404 posted:

Yep, if I had to guess I'd say at some point dude had his spear in that hand or whatever, but his hand and his sword are on completely different angles, the same thing's happening with his other hand, how's he holding the spear AND the shield? even if you accept the shield is somehow lashed to the spear-pole, the way it's lashed still wouldn't leave room for that dude's fingers.

Edit:
what I mean

The same image in the PHB is cropped and shadowed to hide all that.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

General Ironicus posted:

Ah, so we're now distinguished from non-PMing plebeians. :smug:

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Oh hey, they're grenades now.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

They're so cute :allears:

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Error 404 posted:

Edit:
what I mean

That shield works if it has a shield boss - I don't know the shield design in question. but it looks fairly like a viking round shield to me.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

neonchameleon posted:

That shield works if it has a shield boss - I don't know the shield design in question. but it looks fairly like a viking round shield to me.

Sure, but as far as I can tell that shield doesn't have one. There's nothing but flat wood under the dude's fingers, where you should see some of the boss from that angle.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

neonchameleon posted:

Looks like a madu right now.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Ah, so we're now distinguished from non-PMing plebeians. :smug:

Yeah, in case no one's been over to QCS, we've finally got a new coder for the site. poo poo's finally getting done now.

A Catastrophe
Jun 26, 2014

Error 404 posted:

Sure, but as far as I can tell that shield doesn't have one. There's nothing but flat wood under the dude's fingers, where you should see some of the boss from that angle.
well maybe the shield has a slight concave curve that allows room for the guy's hand
like a boss

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Error 404 posted:

Mild danger, they do Google themselves a lot, but your big hitch will be Zakpologists that may be in your group already.

I mentioned Zak S in a directed tweet, which he then personally replied to. A day or two later I get this email from Twitter:

quote:

Hi [my name],
We noticed that you recently tried to sign in to Twitter from an unusual device or location.
In order to keep your account [my account] safe, we may ask you some security questions when you next sign in. Simply answer the questions to get back into your Twitter account.
If you haven't logged in recently, it is possible that someone else may have access to your Twitter password. If that's the case, or if you think your account has been compromised for any other reason, please take a moment to secure your account by changing your password now.

Of course I didn't try to log in from a strange device. So I changed all my passwords. It's like a campfire story, except instead of finding a hook on the door handle you just get a security alert.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

moths posted:

I mentioned Zak S in a directed tweet, which he then personally replied to. A day or two later I get this email from Twitter:

Of course I didn't try to log in from a strange device. So I changed all my passwords. It's like a campfire story, except instead of finding a hook on the door handle you just get a security alert.

But if course he doesn't send people out to harass you*.

*that you can prove.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

NuclearPotato posted:

Yeah, in case no one's been over to QCS, we've finally got a new coder for the site. poo poo's finally getting done now.

It only took repeated forum collapses and the permanent(?) destruction of all archives after May of this year to do it! :haw:

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

At this point apparently the only thing that constitutes proof would be "I am explicitly asking my fans to harass this guy PS This is not satire no matter what I say later." But, no, see, that would be sarcasm anyway.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Plague of Hats posted:

At this point apparently the only thing that constitutes proof would be "I am explicitly asking my fans to harass this guy PS This is not satire no matter what I say later." But, no, see, that would be sarcasm anyway.

He actually did that already, though?

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Night10194 posted:

He actually did that already, though?

No see he didn't draft a notarized letter with the exact words "explicitly for harassment purposes" in it so

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I'm listening to the EQ Next class preview panel at the SOE convention. They just mentioned mentioned "Power Sources" for classes, then talked about the "Martial Power Source."

We're getting the 4e mmo we deserve. :smaug: :getin:

edit: "Will you be making supportive fighters?" "Yes."

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I'm listening to the EQ Next class preview panel at the SOE convention. They just mentioned mentioned "Power Sources" for classes, then talked about the "Martial Power Source."

We're getting the 4e mmo we deserve. :smaug: :getin:

edit: "Will you be making supportive fighters?" "Yes."
Is it bad that this is making me actually consider checking it out? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Reene posted:

Hey here's a tangent that isn't about Zak motherfucking S!

Who said anything about Zak? This was about some idiot who I futilely tried to point out that selling Nazi propaganda at Gencon might not be very welcoming to most people.

• Locked thread