Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Test-0
Jul 15, 2006

It lives...

Improbable Lobster posted:

When they were first released there was a glitch that would occasionally make them double after the 24 hour period, which was hilarious.

Oh they'll still do that, if you have a single one and let the time run down the majority of the time it will have exploded into 2-5 more crystals. Just today the one I had turned into two. They don't do it if they came from the bug though, or if they do I've never seen it, so it's usually a one time thing and then you'll have to run out before you can get another and wait for it to explode into more of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Opposing Farce posted:

Are there any general tips/techniques for Kubrow farming? I've been at the 'find an egg' stage for a couple of days and basically haven't even attempted to do it because it seems kind of absurd. And also because my E Prime runs take five times longer than they need because I just can't stop hunting down every random container in an obscure corner of the map.

Just run through missions on Earth and be sure to blow up the Kubrow Dens, that's where the eggs come from. Not much can be done other than that.

It might help to do Exterminate missions, as they are probably the shortest, and bring a Codex Scanner, so you can see the dens from far away through geometry.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

You need the dogmods that drop from feral Kubrow anyway, it's not like you will stop farming Earth the moment you get an egg.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Sandweed posted:

You need the dogmods that drop from feral Kubrow anyway, it's not like you will stop farming Earth the moment you get an egg.

He is not joking at all. I got "lucky" and got my egg on my 4th Map and after putting it in the incubation chamber got another one. Now my doggy is grown and I can only fill 3/4 of its slots without even thinking of potatoing it.

So what does a stupid newbie do to attain the bolter prime? And do I need my old bolter?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

xyigx posted:

So what does a stupid newbie do to attain the bolter prime? And do I need my old bolter?
Consult the wiki. All prime parts are rewards for the various void/derelict missions. And no, you do not need your old Boltor.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Speaking of kubrow mods, if anyone has a spare Bite mod I'll buy the drat thing off you. gently caress grinding for that thing.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Is there such a thing as a "spare" Bite mod?

Those things go for crazy prices on the Trading channel.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Is there such a thing as a "spare" Bite mod?

Those things go for crazy prices on the Trading channel.

The one time I got a reply when asking for it on the Trading channel, they wanted something like 200 plat for it. I'm highly frivolous with my plat, but even my purse strings aren't that loose :shepspends:

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Helter Skelter posted:

Consult the wiki. All prime parts are rewards for the various void/derelict missions. And no, you do not need your old Boltor.

I did right after asking. (Should have done the reverse)

Looks like my timing was pretty lucky though. I am just getting to the rank/equipment when I can convince myself I am actually doing something when I go on those missions. Just a few more runs to get a miter handle for a comedy gun and it is on to void/derelict missions.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

Pierson posted:

Can someone explain the Sony certification process and why it takes so long? I had assumed it was 'Sony checks your patch to make sure it won't gunk up their console or network', maybe via an internal testing network or something, but two months seems pretty nuts.

So when people say 'cert' they're usually conflating two things: cert and compliance. Cert is what first parties do. Sony, Microsoft, Valve, etc. anyone with a platform, sets a bunch of guidelines like 'thing x must behave like so,' and 'game must not crash when left to soak for 24 hours.' That's certification. The first parties do not give a hot poo poo about what your game plays like and what sort of crap your title update is adding as long as it meets those basic requirements and doesn't cause any new horrible issues. They'll usually notify you of bugs, but as long as your bugs aren't breaking the cert requirements, you're good.

The other thing is compliance. This is all internal to a studio (unless you're getting assistance from a first party as Sony and Microsoft sometimes do for big name games from little studios) and is done by a subset of QA whose job it is to make sure that when a build is passed along to the first party, it doesn't get sent back. That poo poo is expensive. Compliance will generally flag any possible issue they can if they think it could gently caress up the actual first party cert.

Given how loving buggy and messed up DE's poo poo tends to be I'm guessing a large majority of the delays are coming from compliance rather than Sony's cert process. I've never had the pleasure of dealing with first party cert stuff directly, but it's usually fairly rote. A good compliance team will throw tons of poo poo back at you, though.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
SANCTUARY IS NOW MINE. RNGESUS HAS SMILED UPON ME.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

So I am really drat tired of of the G3. I got them several times when they were first put in and got the Brakk Plans and Receiver, then loving nothing for months despite trying like hell. My first run in a week or two ago happens on a loving Vault run and we all get slaughtered before the game bugs to poo poo, allowing our revived fourth to kill two of the three before the last one vomitted a bunch of Napalms in a stairwell. Then, despite trying like hell to get them again, I finally do last night as soon as I stop trying and am using a rank 5 Mag Prime to farm Kubrow mods on Earth with a pair of useless pubs. The only reason I'm not bolted is because I disconnected my internet to drop. :argh:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Does anyone have any Vay Hek keys lying around? I just need a Hydroid helmet, but gently caress grinding for beacons.

E: I'm a pc player btw.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
I like the Kestrel. :shobon:

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Seems like Akrid is no longer trash after the major nerf it got after Damage 2.0. It's pretty good right now and chews through Grineer and Corpus techs.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
:flaccid: the reward for the avalanche offensive is an affinity booster.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

wid posted:

Seems like Akrid is no longer trash after the major nerf it got after Damage 2.0. It's pretty good right now and chews through Grineer and Corpus techs.

It is now roughly equivalent to the single Bolto for dps while being mastery7.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Denzine posted:

It is now roughly equivalent to the single Bolto for dps while being mastery7.

I'm likely to be mistaken but I thought the toxin damage tick ignores armor and even shield? I could kill those Arctic Corpus with 2 hits and just let the damage ticks.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The Acrid used to be one of the best guns in the game, now it's a gimmick weapon with a slightly better stats than it used to.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Anyone want to do stuff on PS4? Add me, KevlarBeard

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

wid posted:

I'm likely to be mistaken but I thought the toxin damage tick ignores armor and even shield? I could kill those Arctic Corpus with 2 hits and just let the damage ticks.

Tox ignores shields, not armor, but you would do about the same with a Bolto if you keep clicking and even better with Akbolto, which actually has better dps than Soma it's kind of amazing.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
The Akbolto is so good/rad that it's impossible to believe it's made of 2 Latos.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
Is it just me or does this game crash like a motherfucker?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I've had a couple crashes but nothing to write home about. that kind of thing is usually a YMMV situation.

Warkak
Dec 21, 2010

Cheesefoot-
Don't kink shame
If you have Physx on turn it off, I started crashing regularly at some point and haven't had issues since.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.
I did, which improved the situation somewhat, but it's still crashing regularly.

At least it isn't crashing every 5 minutes, but still, very frustrating.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

this game is an insane resource hog for sure though, everything else on my computer is so slow while it's running

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010
Heads up to anyone farming G3, don't hide in a corner while they spawn like I just did. All 3 of them spawned at the same time on top of me and I instantly died. In other odd g3 news, the embolist will stun-lock them to the point of their sentinel thing won't put a bolt on you and you can revive as normal and keep fighting.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
With the exception of Excalibur Prime, which of the prime frames are easiest to get? I have Frost and Loki now are any of the others worth getting?

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I just got the Penta, drat this thing is a blast (:haw:) While on Vauban I never run out of ammo. I just ult, launch a nade in there, then run through and get all my ammo back.

Also I kind of want a nade slot. Make it like 3 Grenades and refill when you pick up Sniper ammo or something. Downside, more mods to deal with.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

totalnewbie posted:

I did, which improved the situation somewhat, but it's still crashing regularly.

At least it isn't crashing every 5 minutes, but still, very frustrating.

Try turning on/off multicore rendering in the launcher settings.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

LornMarkus posted:

So I am really drat tired of of the G3. I got them several times when they were first put in and got the Brakk Plans and Receiver, then loving nothing for months despite trying like hell. My first run in a week or two ago happens on a loving Vault run and we all get slaughtered before the game bugs to poo poo, allowing our revived fourth to kill two of the three before the last one vomitted a bunch of Napalms in a stairwell. Then, despite trying like hell to get them again, I finally do last night as soon as I stop trying and am using a rank 5 Mag Prime to farm Kubrow mods on Earth with a pair of useless pubs. The only reason I'm not bolted is because I disconnected my internet to drop. :argh:
You get back in there and take your bolting god damnit.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

LornMarkus posted:

The only reason I'm not bolted is because I disconnected my internet to drop. :argh:

A shameful goon.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

wid posted:

Toxin damage ignores shields but not armor, but Corpus have no armor so whatever. If you want to ignore armor, you have to use bleed ticks, which also ignore shields because gently caress Tenno.

Denzine posted:

Tox ignores shields, not armor, but you would do about the same with a Bolto if you keep clicking and even better with Akbolto, which actually has better dps than Soma it's kind of amazing.

Really? Akbolto made it back near the top of the pile? Awesome. I hope it still sounds as good as 7 or 8 updates ago.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Vendictus Prime posted:

With the exception of Excalibur Prime, which of the prime frames are easiest to get? I have Frost and Loki now are any of the others worth getting?
Rhino Prime rules and if you can get his +speed Arcane helmet he becomes strong like goku

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

TheBlandName posted:

Really? Akbolto made it back near the top of the pile? Awesome. I hope it still sounds as good as 7 or 8 updates ago.

Provided your FPS is stable and you have an autofire script ofc. (or bind fire to mousewheel that works too)

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

Ask me about my tattoos.

Kyte posted:

Try turning on/off multicore rendering in the launcher settings.

Can I do this from steam?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Alrighty it's that time again, it's "I haven't played this game in loving forever (since the Valkyr came out) help".

New frames, any of them actually worth a drat? The Oberon looks classy as hell but if I shouldn't bother I'll just stick with what I got.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Captain Oblivious posted:

Alrighty it's that time again, it's "I haven't played this game in loving forever (since the Valkyr came out) help".

New frames, any of them actually worth a drat? The Oberon looks classy as hell but if I shouldn't bother I'll just stick with what I got.

My understanding is Oberon is pretty middling. The newest frame Mirage is wildly overpowered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Vendictus Prime posted:

All of them are worth getting because they give extra polarity slots and looks sick as hell. And for some, they're easier to get than the normal variants (i.e. Frost, Mag, maybe Ember). Just ask in clan chat for parts.