Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Memento posted:

So does buying a case not net you any sort of discount? Even the cheapest wines at Dan Murphys are cheaper if you buy six, and even more so if you buy twelve.

is two dollars a bottle somehow not cheap enough already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Karma Monkey posted:

That would look like poo poo, clog your pores, and oh yea, both nutmeg and cinnamon are skin, mucus membrane, and eye irritants. So yea, brush that poo poo all over your face. Christ, you can buy bronzer at the dollar store if you're that goddamn simultaneously poor, vain, and pale.

So basically all they did was pick out powdered substances by their color with zero consideration for how they would affect your skin.

It is natural, and natural is always better. :downs:

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Karma Monkey posted:

That would look like poo poo, clog your pores, and oh yea, both nutmeg and cinnamon are skin, mucus membrane, and eye irritants. So yea, brush that poo poo all over your face. Christ, you can buy bronzer at the dollar store if you're that goddamn simultaneously poor, vain, and pale.

So basically all they did was pick out powdered substances by their color with zero consideration for how they would affect your skin.

But at least your face would smell delicious!

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Speleothing posted:

Lifehack: Don't think the wine you cooked with tastes good enough for drinking? Get drunk on whiskey first and you won't notice the difference between the $15 and the $60 bottles.

Lifehack: If you spent more than :10bux: on wine you got ripped off.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Angela Christine posted:

It is natural, and natural is always better. :downs:
Oh really? Corn starch powder is natural? Sounds like someone's in the pocket of Big Corn! :clint:

Ok, let's see someone defend this one.

Seriously, what the gently caress? So many of these lifehacks are solutions to problems that NO ONE has ever had.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

How does that make it easier? Now there are four lovely plastic dishes to handle instead of two, so simple.

Unrelated to whatever they're trying to 'fix' there, that is the dryest looking rice I've seen in a while.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Memento posted:

So does buying a case not net you any sort of discount? Even the cheapest wines at Dan Murphys are cheaper if you buy six, and even more so if you buy twelve.

Trader Joe's doesn't really cater to people who buy in bulk. Their target customer is a college student or young adult in a tiny apartment who's only buying enough for one or two meals at a time. The bigger grocery stores, at least here in California, all have discounts when you buy by the dozen/half dozen.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Speleothing posted:

Lifehack: Don't think the wine you cooked with tastes good enough for drinking? Get drunk on whiskey first and you won't notice the difference between the $15 and the $60 bottles.

Similarly, if you're hosting a party and can't afford to serve high quality wine the whole time, set out the pricey stuff first and then, once everybody has imbibed enough not to notice the difference, switch in the cheap stuff to last the rest of the evening. This lifehack is venerable enough that it's mentioned in the Bible (to emphasize the fact that the wine Jesus made from water was real top-shelf stuff and not the sort of half-assed plonk that a lesser deity's kid would conjure up).

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

AngryRobotsInc posted:

How does that make it easier? Now there are four lovely plastic dishes to handle instead of two, so simple.

Unrelated to whatever they're trying to 'fix' there, that is the dryest looking rice I've seen in a while.

There are plates in the picture, so I guess this is a hack for the three people on earth who make terrible reheated tv dinners, but then upend them onto a plate for serving. Cutting the various containers apart would make it easier to upend each individually, so they look nice on the plate.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

ShrimpToast posted:

Did this start because I posted the thing with the wine cubes? I'm sorry guys. :ohdear:

It's like that scene from Toys where the crazy military dude gets all spergy about his food touching on his plate.

My burger hack would be: don't put on onions, they taste like bad BO smells.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Memento posted:

Speaking as a person who has done so, yes, yes they do. Saves you a chunk of change too (about ten bucks). It's not actually 2 dollars anymore in most places (it's been 3 for a few years). Usually they have a massive stack of 12 bottle cases behind the registers. A lot of local cheapo restaurants around here buy it by the case as their house wine.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Tiggum posted:

I feel like this is maybe a location-specific thing, because here in Australia you can buy perfectly good wine for $5 or less for a bottle, but I guess in some places cheap wine isn't a thing? Nobody would buy "cooking wine" here because every supermarket has cheap wine you can buy to drink, and there's no "wine that's too poo poo to drink that you can buy under-aged" because that's ridiculous.

One of the best things about living 15 minutes from the heart of the Hunter Valley Vineyards is this, there's always someone offering a deal on cleanskins for <$5.

Also, Australia, home of the goon bag.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Karma Monkey posted:

It's obviously just cannibals trying to trick people into seasoning their faces.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Picnic Princess posted:

My burger hack would be: don't put on onions, they taste like bad BO smells.

This is gonna be a bigger derail than wine.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to propose a "Soda Hack".

Want to add your favorite fruit flavors to your coke? Buy some soda stream soda syrup and add a splash of that to your favorite cola.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

FuhrerHat posted:

Heres a lifehack I just made up as I typed this sentence or maybe I heard it before, I dont know:

Want to piss off your wife? Get a dog and name the dog the same thing as her and talk to the dog more than you talk to her and gently caress your dog instead of her

http://youtu.be/sOXioAKFamo (Whose line is it anyway already thought of this!)

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Every alcoholic worth poo poo knows you put hard liquor or beer if you're a pussy, into a sunscreen bottle.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

tacodaemon posted:

Similarly, if you're hosting a party and can't afford to serve high quality wine the whole time, set out the pricey stuff first and then, once everybody has imbibed enough not to notice the difference, switch in the cheap stuff to last the rest of the evening. This lifehack is venerable enough that it's mentioned in the Bible (to emphasize the fact that the wine Jesus made from water was real top-shelf stuff and not the sort of half-assed plonk that a lesser deity's kid would conjure up).

Fact of the matter is most people can't tell the difference between a 100.00 bottle and a 10.00 bottle. Just copy the expensive label and paste that poo poo on. Wow everyone with the perception of having spent thousands of dollars getting them drunk on rotten grape juice.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

KiteAuraan posted:

Every alcoholic worth poo poo knows you put hard liquor or beer if you're a pussy, into a sunscreen bottle.

I've never been harassed by cops for drinking on the beach in Texas. It has never occurred to me to hide beer. Just don't have any glass containers and it's all good.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Just have a coozy you lazy fucks and the beer will stay cold. Life hacks!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Use a brown paper bag, you weirdos.

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

This one's good if you want to trick people into thinking you have rare and exotic jewelry. It's similar to this:

quote:

That's for the homeless.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Memento posted:

If you're buying two dollar wine by the caseload I think you're well beyond the point of giving a poo poo.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Zeniel posted:

It's obviously just cannibals trying to trick people into seasoning their faces.

Lifehack: Out of deodorant, after shave, or cologne? Use A-1 Steak Sauce! So good.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

If you're buying two dollar wine by the caseload I think you're well beyond the point of giving a poo poo.

Maybe I just want to use a little wine to cook with and dump the rest down the sink don't judge me

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Scared of getting your debit card stolen? Don't use one. Carry large amounts of cash instead, and hide it all in your socks. Muggers will never think to look there! #lifehax

Literally posted today on my fb feed: "Beach Tip: Hide your wallet in your shoes. Noone would ever think to look there."

I can't decide if that's supposed to be serious or sarcastic.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I'm assuming they mean in your socks in the DRAWER, not the socks as you are currently wearing them, same with the shoes. If that were the case the conversation would go like this:

"Give me your wallet or I'll kill you!"

"I can't, it's in my shoes."

"It's in your what? I'd NEVER have thought to look there!" *kills you*

edit: But then again, I'm sure people actively breaking into your house will already think about searching through the house they are burglarizing so it's a moot point either way.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Choco1980 posted:

Literally posted today on my fb feed: "Beach Tip: Hide your wallet in your shoes. Noone would ever think to look there."

Sounds like somebody setting up easy pickins

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Choco1980 posted:

That is actually a Jerry Seinfeld bit, so I imagine it is a joke. But you never know.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Says the guy arguing on behalf of cooking wine. Like, can you not tell that everyone else is laughing at you about this, or are you just rationalizing it to yourself somehow? Absolutely no one is falling for your attempts to look like a knowledgeable chef or wine-drinker.

Wine cook-off down in GWS? COOK-OFF!!!

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

i keep hiding my wallet in my flip flops and people keep stealing it

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Wanamingo posted:

Booze in a reusable water bottle. You can drink on dates in finicky neighborhoods without spending an hour tin snipping cans. Why all the effort for loving Budweiser?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Razorwired posted:

Booze in a reusable water bottle. You can drink on dates in finicky neighborhoods without spending an hour tin snipping cans. Why all the effort for loving Budweiser?

Found the beer snob

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Choco1980 posted:

Who the gently caress wears shoes to the beach.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Who the gently caress wears shoes to the beach.

Oooh check out mister fancyman over here whose beaches aren't covered in dog poo poo, glass shards, and syringes.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Tip: hide your wallet in your beach sandals - nobody will see it there.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Tip: to hide your wallet at the beach just swallow it. No one will think to look there!

Tip: make sure you wait 20 minutes after swallowing your wallet before you go swimming. Don't want to be sick!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
#Lifehack: Prevent seasickness or an upset stomach or even cramps at the beach by not going to the loving beach, because why would you ever want to do that? Drink your cooked wine at home instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Instead of going to the beach, stay at home and watch The Beach instead. At a real beach, you can't walk around in your undies, drink cooking wine out of a glass bottle, or see Leonardo DiCaprio get really stoned #lifehax