Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Acer Pilot posted:

Was worried when some random guy PM'd me and tried to friend me. That dude who wanted a Gallitep mission found the Bijor missions and gave me a poo poo load of money. A pubbie who isn't terrible!? Who would've thought!

http://pastebin.com/ajgJKrpX

The STO mods are out of control, apparently he got banned for 2 weeks for realizing Dukat was right.

For shame.

When he does make his triumphant return to the forums you need to make sure to point out he did pay out more money than most pubbies will ever see since even the mods there were asking for screenshots of his assets. Then for added mind blowing make sure they know the money went to a filthy Dental even though the guy had no idea before handing over the EC.

Not an edit: I also made the list and I too don't even recall the last time I interacted with pubbies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Acer Pilot posted:

Was worried when some random guy PM'd me and tried to friend me. That dude who wanted a Gallitep mission found the Bijor missions and gave me a poo poo load of money. A pubbie who isn't terrible!? Who would've thought!

http://pastebin.com/ajgJKrpX

The STO mods are out of control, apparently he got banned for 2 weeks for realizing Dukat was right.

For shame.

I talked to that guy yesterday. Not sure if anyone has heard of the troll guild "Flowers of Happiness" all the way back from EQ (Druk was an officer, I guess), but they got lots of early-mmo pubbie tears and posted them online. Some of it is pretty funny. I remember reading this like a decade ago: http://www.notaddicted.com/fansythefamous.php

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

There appear to be a few problems at the DS9 spawn point.

oops.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013

DonDoodles posted:

I talked to that guy yesterday. Not sure if anyone has heard of the troll guild "Flowers of Happiness" all the way back from EQ (Druk was an officer, I guess), but they got lots of early-mmo pubbie tears and posted them online. Some of it is pretty funny. I remember reading this like a decade ago: http://www.notaddicted.com/fansythefamous.php

Yea i know Flowers of Happiness. For example, they required you to make a poem when you applied. I think it was on SullonZek, i know for sure it was that pvp server where you had neutrals, evils and goodies all fighting eachother as hard locked race combinations. When i met one of them he was warping on top of me, using speed hacks and much other stuff. He killed me once doing that. I think they removed him from the guild because of that.

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 16, 2014

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

I have made a horrible mistake. :stonk:

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
Experience bij.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009
Makes my shadow grow.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Danaru posted:

Just wait until you start fighting pony haters and disharomonites.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

DonDoodles posted:

Lake is back, and he has a "troll" list he's sharing with people in zone.

http://pastebin.com/LmM1mzjv

Shame on you if your name isn't on this list. Most of them are spelled wrong.

I think Keluron is me. This must be what playing in the big leagues feels like.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
How hard is it to make decent Foundry missions? I have a couple funny ideas and access.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

A Fancy Bloke posted:

How hard is it to make decent Foundry missions? I have a couple funny ideas and access.
It's obtuse if you're used to something as user-friendly as Starcraft map editing was. At least, that's my opinion.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Danaru posted:

What's this mission called, again?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

A Fancy Bloke posted:

It's not hard at all. You can google up tutorials and poo poo if you get stuck on anything. The editor can be a bit lovely at times but it's not terribly obtuse if you're filling to use the premade interior maps. Custom interiors are needlessly annoying to make though.

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

kafziel posted:

What's this mission called, again?

UESF.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

drat, the dil/zen rate is going nuts. This will probably cool down after the bugship promo ends, right?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Bugship promo, costume sale, and recent dil weekend haven't really helped no. But it's also pretty obvious the long term trend has been upwards, probably due to the giant crafting sink that idiots are blowing dilithium into.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Asimo posted:

Bugship promo, costume sale, and recent dil weekend haven't really helped no. But it's also pretty obvious the long term trend has been upwards, probably due to the giant crafting sink that idiots are blowing dilithium into.

And everyone is saving up Zen for T6 ships. Along with whatever else the expansion may bring.

Baby Seal Rancher
Mar 1, 2009
Can I get access?

Weldon@mgriffin64

Wiki is mcpunt

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Danaru posted:

Anyone else having this? Now NONE of my assignments are finishing at all.

By the way, anyone else who was getting this, I just got a response back from support:

Cryptic Support posted:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Duty officer assignment: Respond to Subordinate's Challenge.

I can confirm that we are already aware of this particular issue. While we understand the need for a fast resolution, some issues require further action from departments outside our control, and cannot be immediately resolved by a GM. Please rest assured that our developers work to resolve all bugs as quickly as possible.

Most of our players have reported that this assignment will eventually be completed though it might take an extremely long time.

We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for playing!

Regards,
---------------------------
Perfect World Support

Looks like we're hosed until the next patch, unless we get lucky and it resolves itself. :saddowns: In the mean time, for the love of god don't respond to any subordinate's challenges.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Guess this means we killed the trading channel. :v:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

DonDoodles posted:

I made the list! I don't even remember ever interacting with the guy, I must have been present while Disco.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Gnome de plume posted:

I made the list! I don't even remember ever interacting with the guy, I must have been present while Disco.

He's essentially racially profiling goons!

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !

DonDoodles posted:

Nth-ing the "I made it!" sentiment (@roberto10) :woop: :smugdog:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

goons.jpg

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

DonDoodles posted:

I'm offended. Have I not discoed? Have I not filled rooms with balloons and confetti? What more do I need to do?

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Yeah I think he did a /who for Dentals/NoPs once or twice and just added every name online. There are some notable exceptions to that list that need to be there.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

Yeah I think he did a /who for Dentals/NoPs once or twice and just added every name online. There are some notable exceptions to that list that need to be there.

Remember when I trolled the everloving poo poo out of his channel for two days nonstop and he couldn't mute or kick me? Yeah, not on the list. That list is Mickey Mouse.

EDIT: I am seriously offended I am not on that list. gently caress YOU LAKE.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I will not confirm or deny if I made the poo poo-list.

Actually I will, I totally made it and he even spelled my in game handle correctly :cheers:

Must have been my helpful attitude :v:

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Da Mott Man posted:

Remember when I trolled the everloving poo poo out of his channel for two days nonstop and he couldn't mute or kick me? Yeah, not on the list. That list is Mickey Mouse.

EDIT: I am seriously offended I am not on that list. gently caress YOU LAKE.

Yeah, and also note how he updated it just a few days ago.

EDIT: And here is the pastebin of the conversation with lake. http://pastebin.com/Q16N9Pix

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 17, 2014

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Baby Seal Rancher posted:

Can I get access?

Weldon@mgriffin64

Wiki is mcpunt

You're sorted.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007

I joined a pubbie KSE and this one guy starts yelling out that he needs someone to guard the portal because his ship is "OFFENCIVE (sic)" and so it cannot do a "DEFENSIVE" job like shooting probes. I called him bad and then he just stopped talking to me and kept blowing up.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Acer Pilot posted:

I joined a pubbie KSE and this one guy starts yelling out that he needs someone to guard the portal because his ship is "OFFENCIVE (sic)" and so it cannot do a "DEFENSIVE" job like shooting probes. I called him bad and then he just stopped talking to me and kept blowing up.

Cannons/turrets on a ship with a base turn of 3. And not even any RCS consoles. No wonder he couldn't kill probes.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

g0del posted:

Cannons/turrets on a ship with a base turn of 3. And not even any RCS consoles. No wonder he couldn't kill probes.
Now, now. The actual base turn rate is 6. Which, clearly, makes it a good idea.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Acer Pilot posted:

Well, he is right, it is definitely offensive.

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

How do you see other peoples builds like that anyway?

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Lorak posted:

Now, now. The actual base turn rate is 6. Which, clearly, makes it a good idea.
You're right. I take back what I said about the lack of RCS consoles - they're obviously not needed.

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb
The gateway is bugged and usually lists all ships as having a turn rate of 3.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

JuffoWup posted:

Well, he is right, it is definitely offensive.

It's not the worst that we've seen. Basic principles are mostly there. Hazard emitters would help. And of course dual cannons are sub-optimal but in a borg STF he should be able to handle loving probes. He is just a pubbie, he spent so much time and money it has to be good dammit! *expodes from gateway*

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Longshot007 posted:

How do you see other peoples builds like that anyway?

http://gateway.startrekonline.com/#char(NAME@HANDLE)/ship-equipment

Log in with your STO account, replace NAME@HANDLE with the name of your pubbie. It's a barely functional piece of poo poo so it always takes me to my character list first, just choose your main and then it'll take you to the pubbie you threw in the URL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Burning_Monk posted:

It's not the worst that we've seen. Basic principles are mostly there. Hazard emitters would help. And of course dual cannons are sub-optimal but in a borg STF he should be able to handle loving probes. He is just a pubbie, he spent so much time and money it has to be good dammit! *expodes from gateway*

I have literally just turned 50 and I am in a POS kitchen sink setup and I can handle probes and spheres in the borg STF.

• Locked thread