Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Afraid of catching west nile from mosquitoes? Let friendly spiders cover you in webbing and live on your body 24/7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghouligan
Aug 4, 2014
Top tip: create your own beach at home by filling your living room with breadcrumb "sand" and the brine from your old packs of mozzarella and sardines. My kids loved it and it didn't cost me a penny!

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010
Do this extremely smug way of writing recipies count?
http://imgur.com/gallery/sJtHlhk
:smug::smug::smug:

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
WALLET LIFEHACK:
Are you worried about people swiping your card data from your new contactless payment card?
You could buy a fancy faraday-cage wallet for $50...
... OR YOU COULD LINE YOUR WALLET WITH TINFOIL!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
He made chili out of a million different ingredients and yet somehow he managed to not put in any actual chili.

In fact he specifically says to throw out the only part that has any actual chili in it.

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

CJacobs posted:

He made chili out of a million different ingredients and yet somehow he managed to not put in any actual chili.

In fact he specifically says to throw out the only part that has any actual chili in it.

Truly the best part of his secret chili seasoning recipe, where instead of using the pre-mixed McCormick brand seasoning packet, you buy a bunch of jars of McCormick brand seasoning and then make almost literally the exact same mix yourself.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Kalos posted:

Truly the best part of his secret chili seasoning recipe, where instead of using the pre-mixed McCormick brand seasoning packet, you buy a bunch of jars of McCormick brand seasoning and then make almost literally the exact same mix yourself.

It's this really dumb pseudo-elitism where a packet of mixed seasoning is somehow no good but canned vegetables are.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I really hate people who talk in hip internet lingo like they're on Epic Meal Time or some other dumb bullshit when it comes to cooking things. Just tell me how to cook the loving thing, I don't need you telling me how FUCKIN A-TO-THE-MAZEBALLS putting something in a bowl and stirring it for x amount of time is.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

The_White_Crane posted:

WALLET LIFEHACK:
Are you worried about people swiping your card data from your new contactless payment card?
You could buy a fancy faraday-cage wallet for $50...
... OR YOU COULD LINE YOUR WALLET WITH TINFOIL!

A guy I know lines his wallet with tinfoil because "the government tracks every piece of paper money in the country." He also told me I should keep my wallet in my left pocket because the government's scanners search right-hand pockets by default.

Scared of the government tracking your spending? Be a penniless hobo! #lifehax

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

CJacobs posted:

Its okay, he uses green beans instead.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Dienes posted:

Its okay, he uses green beans instead.

Oh god I missed that. The texture of that chili has got to be :barf:

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

A guy I know lines his wallet with tinfoil because "the government tracks every piece of paper money in the country." He also told me I should keep my wallet in my left pocket because the government's scanners search right-hand pockets by default.

Scared of the government tracking your spending? Be a penniless hobo! #lifehax

Using drones to only scan one of many possible pockets instead of being thorough or just getting the information straight from the banks themselves (which the New World Order Lizard Illuminati also controls, and why you should join a credit union) is exactly the kind of oversight I could believe from a secret global power with infinite resources and influence.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

CJacobs posted:

He's got chili powder right in the 6th pic, dude. It's got some chili in it at least.
Basil in chili, on the other hand....FUUUUUUUUCK THAT! :barf:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Rick_Hunter posted:

He's got chili powder right in the 6th pic, dude. It's got some chili in it at least.
Basil in chili, on the other hand....FUUUUUUUUCK THAT! :barf:
Basil goes in everything. But who dumps crackers on top of their food? Why? :psyduck:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Tiggum posted:

Basil goes in everything. But who dumps crackers on top of their food? Why? :psyduck:

Crackers as a chili topping is a thing. Not a thing you'll see with any serious chili devotees, but its a thing.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
All this chili talk reminded me of this gem http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3406045

porizj posted:

All I have to go on is about 10 years of people lining up to fellate me after trying my chili.

Scientastic posted:

Anything to get the taste out of their mouth, I suppose.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

There's a book by Peter Straub where that's the favourite crafting hobby of an abusive and religiously insane old woman. Not saying anything but for the last 15 years it was the only time I'd ever come across the idea, until now.

Mr. Beefhead
May 8, 2003

I can make beans into peas.

CJacobs posted:

I'm dying to know what you think "actual chili" is, that is apparently contained in that packet but isn't included in the various spices he added.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Mr. Beefhead posted:

I'm dying to know what you think "actual chili" is, that is apparently contained in that packet but isn't included in the various spices he added.
Chili peppers come to mind.

edit: But chili powder does seem to be one of the separate spices he included, so.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
PYF Recipe Debates ITT!

Anyway, here, enjoy yet another solution to a nonexistent problem.

Mr. Beefhead
May 8, 2003

I can make beans into peas.

Strudel Man posted:

Chili peppers come to mind.
edit: But chili powder does seem to be one of the separate spices he included, so.

Well right, that was my point. I was genuinely curious as to what they thought the magic ingredient might be that made chili chili, if it wasn't chili pepper (or cumin, or garlic, or any of the other things that insufferable twit included in his green bean chili).

Yeti Yeti Yeti
Mar 27, 2010

Ghouligan posted:

Top tip: create your own beach at home by filling your living room with breadcrumb "sand" and the brine from your old packs of mozzarella and sardines. My kids loved it and it didn't cost me a penny!

Reminds me of this: http://lifehacker.com/5735033/the-home-office-sandbox

Lifehack: Get sand all over EVERYTHING you own.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Yeti Yeti Yeti posted:

My cats would love that.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

One weird trick to prevent the wheel of your chair to be of any use.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Yeti Yeti Yeti posted:

You laugh, but I bet with all that exfoliation his feet are baby soft.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Karma Monkey posted:

My cats would love that.

Lifehack: too cheap to buy litter/litter box? Just use a sandbox!

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

And since it'd be such a pain in the rear end to roll back from your desk every time you need to use the bathroom, just piss in the box yourself as well!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

This was staged, apparently for Saturday Night Live, but Brian Wilson really did have a sandbox in his home and had his piano in it. He thinks the song Surf's Up was written in it.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

RC and Moon Pie posted:

This was staged, apparently for Saturday Night Live, but Brian Wilson really did have a sandbox in his home and had his piano in it. He thinks the song Surf's Up was written in it.

Wilson and Van Dyke Parks also wrote Cabinessence and Heroes and Villains in that sandbox. He had to remove it because his dogs pooped in it.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

dovetaile posted:

Lifehack: too cheap to buy litter/litter box? Just use a sandbox!

Confession time: My house is in the middle of a hill, and the neighbor's yard has no erosion protection--no retaining walls or the like. So long before I even bought the place her yard was already filling in my drive way and the pavement in the back. I had a lot of excess sand to deal with. I'm also chronically poor and thought I would get by with using the sand in the litter box to save on litter for a month.

Bottom line? It's not worth it.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

This recipe makes you cringe right out of the gate. And in the end it looks like what happens after a dog eats a box of crayons.

Did you know Bisquick, a mix designed to make baking a brain dead and forgiving task, can create biscuits and you can SEASON those biscuits?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

TVarmy posted:

Did you know Bisquick, a mix designed to make baking a brain dead and forgiving task, can create biscuits and you can SEASON those biscuits?

To be fair though, that probably is the same recipe Red Lobster uses. Though I would be kind of surprised that cheddar bay biscuits wouldn't use Old Bay, especially at Red Lobster.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

1/8th of a teaspoon of salt? At that stage why even bother, it's practically a homeopathic dose.

EDIT: Especially compared to the 1/2 cup of (salted) butter.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

TVarmy posted:

This recipe makes you cringe right out of the gate. And in the end it looks like what happens after a dog eats a box of crayons.

Not gonna lie that looks delicious and i'm hungry now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"Mix until as firm as your resolve"

So, mix it a little bit, then don't finish mixing, then get depressed for a few days? How will that result in delicious biscuits?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Wandle Cax posted:

Not gonna lie that looks delicious and i'm hungry now.

Make sure to layer the colours so that they don't look like melted crayons

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
Put some Cherry Garcia between two of those and now you're talking

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
"This recipe will have Lollis surrounding you..." :pedo:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Selklubber posted:

Do this extremely smug way of writing recipies count?
http://imgur.com/gallery/sJtHlhk
:smug::smug::smug:

Lost my respect with green beans and corn. I could go either way on the great bean debate, but neither of those belong in chili. Also, only using ground beef.

Basically, everything other than saying to not use the spice packet is terrible. Except, his spice mixture is terrible and probably even blander than the spice packet he threw out. 1 tablespoon of pepper, way to walk on the wild side there. He uses twice as much loving flour in his spice mixture as he does peppers :psyduck:

The Glumslinger has a new favorite as of 07:13 on Aug 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Whatever tech support he's eventually going to call on will tell the story for years.

TVarmy posted:

I've never seen quite such an eclectic mix of cutesy talk and profanity. "Mix until yummy yum-yum goodness ensues! Don't be a human being about it!" Are tumblr and reddit doing crossover promotions or what.