Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
Hahah, I was wondering if anyone would catch that.

Essentially what happened was: I nuked my entire old wishlist (which contained like 1.8k+ titles and crashed some friends' browsers) since I had a nasty habit of pretty much wishlisting everything that came out so I'd get email prompts for when stuff went on sale.

Then someone gifted me Sakura Spirit because it was on there and I never actually caught on what kind of game it was. :smith:

After that I just pressed the big red button. Thank christ Enhanced Steam lets you do wipe the entire list with one click. That new list was me basically adding back everything I was at least a little interested in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Are there any good games on Steam for just tearing down and destroying stuff with the most and biggest explosions and debris possible? Red Faction Guerrilla Just Cause 2 and are good ones, anything else?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Pierson posted:

Are there any good games on Steam for just tearing down and destroying stuff with the most and biggest explosions and debris possible? Red Faction Guerrilla Just Cause 2 and are good ones, anything else?
Kerbal Space Program?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Pierson posted:

Broforce/Expendabros. The latter is a free extended demo of the former so check it out.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Testekill posted:

Well personally, I found Kel to be pretty shallow in how it went about things.

EDIT: Not that the humor is shallow or anything but the gameplay itself is pretty shallow.

This is how I felt about Lili: Child of Geos. There just really isn't much there. The fact that the asking price is $20 (for Lili, not Kel) is hilarious. It is absolutely a bundle game, which it is in right now. Fun little time waster while listening to podcasts/music, but that's it.

At least Kel is priced fairly for the content.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Kerbal Space Program?

Kerbal Space Program. Also the hilarity answer is Demolition Simulator or whatever. Or various Crysis mods designed to explode your GPU.

Non Steam but. If you can get an old copy of Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, it doesn't have a ton of destruction but it is very good. (There are three characters, the biggest difference is whether you want to listen to Peter "Where is pancakes house?" Stormare, Phil "Hey he does half the extras on Futurama" Lamarr, or Jennifer "This is my favorite voice actress on the Citadel" Hale. The game never got a sequel, don't let people trick you into thinking otherwise.)

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I hope that when Five Nights at Freddy's gets released on Steam that they at least upscale the resolution. Because I tried playing the game by launching it through Steam, and the Steam overlay takes up a sizeable chunk of the right side of the screen. Every time a friend sends messages it covers up the panel for the lights and door, which is pretty gamebreaking.

Ragequit posted:

This is how I felt about Lili: Child of Geos. There just really isn't much there. The fact that the asking price is $20 (for Lili, not Kel) is hilarious. It is absolutely a bundle game, which it is in right now. Fun little time waster while listening to podcasts/music, but that's it.

At least Kel is priced fairly for the content.

Well Lili was an iOS game first, which is probably why it's incredibly shallow. It's meant to be played in very small doses while you're bored at work or sitting in a waiting room, not all at once in front of your computer. It's a shame too because the game's gorgeous, I just didn't find myself engaged by it at all while I was playing.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Drifter posted:

Some people legitimately think the graphics 'look better' with this release.
:shrug::psypop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00cmlBENCeI
PC vs HD

XBOX vs HD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOCspWstVMw
For the XBOX though, sure, why not. I guess.

I can see noticeably better looking armor on the HD side in the PC video.

The few faces that show up look alright. They at least fixed the fact the main character looks like a zombie fish for half the game.

The shadows/atmospheric stuff looks great. Having just finished the PC version recently, the "Xbox" video you posted is nearly 1:1 with the experience, if you raised the resolution a bit.

That's not counting the better designed menus, the ability to use a controller ( Fable on PC doesn't let you use one natively! ), and the QoL improvements like a better designed hotbar menu.

It may not be $35 worth of improvements, but this is Steam, just buy it when it's $10 in a few months.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

revdrkevind posted:

Non Steam but. If you can get an old copy of Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction, it doesn't have a ton of destruction but it is very good. (There are three characters, the biggest difference is whether you want to listen to Peter "Where is pancakes house?" Stormare, Phil "Hey he does half the extras on Futurama" Lamarr, or Jennifer "This is my favorite voice actress on the Citadel" Hale. The game never got a sequel, don't let people trick you into thinking otherwise.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g80BK0Egxk8 :colbert:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

King Vidiot posted:

Well Lili was an iOS game first, which is probably why it's incredibly shallow. It's meant to be played in very small doses while you're bored at work or sitting in a waiting room, not all at once in front of your computer. It's a shame too because the game's gorgeous, I just didn't find myself engaged by it at all while I was playing.

Well that makes more sense I guess. It makes the $20 asking price even dumber though.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Pierson posted:

Just Cause 2.

It doesn't technically have full building destruction like Red Faction, but it does have enough ridiculous physics, gunfire, and constant explosions to make Michael Bay weak in the knees.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

But this is Mercenaries 2: World in Flames, not Mercenaries 1: Playground of Destruction :colbert:

Mercenaries 1 is far and away the better game but it's a shame there's no PC version.

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
I :fap: TO UNDERAGE GYMNASTS
Anyone going to get that Overruled game? Early access, online and local multiplayer party game. Looks interesting so far, but depends a lot on the community of course.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Pierson posted:

Red Faction Armageddon?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Ragequit posted:

Well that makes more sense I guess. It makes the $20 asking price even dumber though.

Yep, it's literally $5 on the App Store.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

FirstAidKite posted:

Orrrr they are just adding things to their wishlist to keep track of them for later? You don't seriously believe people are adding games to their wishlist solely in hopes that some random person will gift it to them do you?

I never realized that the wishlist wasn't only used for this.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

King Vidiot posted:

Yep, it's literally $5 on the App Store.

Awesome, the dev must have learned from the best: Derek Smart.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yodzilla posted:

But this is Mercenaries 2: World in Flames, not Mercenaries 1: Playground of Destruction :colbert:

Mercenaries 1 is far and away the better game but it's a shame there's no PC version.

It's sad that mercenaries 2 isn't as good I'd play mercenaries 1 on my Playstation a lot especially just fire up some cheat codes and go to town blowing poo poo up.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

Red Faction Armageddon?

Maybe the first 10 minutes, then it's spelunky cave explorer for the next 6 hours.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Gotten back into TF2 as something to play with my buddy as an alternative to Borderlands. I played a decent amount (maybe like 40-50 hours?) back when I was in college but I never considered myself to be all that good. Is it just me or have people gotten noticeably worse at the game? I've found myself near the top pretty much every game recently and everybody seems to just run around without any sort of strategy. Maybe it's because it's free to play now :iiam:

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Anyone tried Battle Group 2 before? It seems interesting, but I don't know if it can hold up.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Gotten back into TF2 as something to play with my buddy as an alternative to Borderlands. I played a decent amount (maybe like 40-50 hours?) back when I was in college but I never considered myself to be all that good. Is it just me or have people gotten noticeably worse at the game? I've found myself near the top pretty much every game recently and everybody seems to just run around without any sort of strategy. Maybe it's because it's free to play now :iiam:

Which class do you play as? I always found that if I played the heavy I'd be on the top in terms of k/d almost all of the time, but scout/soldier was somewhere behind that, and the other classes I used just for fun. Maybe you're just good at racking up kills? Do you play the objective-based game modes and do well there, too? 420 sell hats and items every day.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

TheCoon posted:

I saw the tweet and thought they were talking about Xrd. :smith:
At least that means it'll probably show up on GOG too. Game's been missing from there for a while.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

The Balm posted:

Which class do you play as? I always found that if I played the heavy I'd be on the top in terms of k/d almost all of the time, but scout/soldier was somewhere behind that, and the other classes I used just for fun. Maybe you're just good at racking up kills? Do you play the objective-based game modes and do well there, too? 420 sell hats and items every day.

I tend to rotate between scout, heavy and pyro. I mostly play the modes where you capture points and the mode where you push the cart and try to stick to objectives. Just seemed like when I used to play it people were really loving good at that game to the point where I'd just get destroyed every time. Now I see a bunch of pyros running straight at me from across the map, soldiers that can't land a rocket to save their lives, that kind of thing. And playing as the heavy is absolutely hilarious because it seems like nobody knows how to shut them down anymore. My friend and I had a couple games where we'd just sit back until the uber was up and then basically win the game with one uber.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I forgot Mercenaries 2 was on PC, think I might pick that up. RF: Armageddon I tried and yeah while I was hopeful at the start it turned into a weird cave simulator extremely fast. Just Cause 2 and Broforce I already have and finished. Anything else you can think of? Just gigantic havoc-simulators.

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!

Gaghskull posted:

I never realized that the wishlist wasn't only used for this.

Yah, my wishlist is huge, but it is more my 'oooh, this looks cool' list than a wishlist. Sometimes I add stuff that's on a daily too, not because I'm fishing for gifts but for "I kind of want this but I don't want to buy it today. Maybe next time its on sale."

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I'm pretty choosey with my wishlist but its still got like twenty things on it, maybe thirty.

Often something will go on sale and I'll look at it and be like "why did I want this, anyway?" and just delete it instead of buying it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Pierson posted:

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I forgot Mercenaries 2 was on PC, think I might pick that up. RF: Armageddon I tried and yeah while I was hopeful at the start it turned into a weird cave simulator extremely fast. Just Cause 2 and Broforce I already have and finished. Anything else you can think of? Just gigantic havoc-simulators.

I think Prototype 2 is for PC? If so get that immediately.

Edit: You don't really destroy buildings though, just people. Fleshy, weak people.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Aug 18, 2014

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

24 hour Humble Bundle:

$1

Probability 0
Electronic Super Joy: Groove City

BTA (currently $2.51)

Electronic Super Joy
Bit.Trip Runner 2

$7

Kick Beat

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Tecman posted:

Then someone gifted me Sakura Spirit because it was on there and I never actually caught on what kind of game it was. :smith:
lol

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I like how the cheaper Electronic game is the newer one.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Drifter posted:

Some people legitimately think the graphics 'look better' with this release.
:shrug::psypop:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00cmlBENCeI
PC vs HD

XBOX vs HD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOCspWstVMw
For the XBOX though, sure, why not. I guess.

They both look hideous hth.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Justin_Brett posted:

I like how the cheaper Electronic game is the newer one.

It's a standalone expansion, and much smaller than the main game, so that's probably why.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

tater_salad posted:

It's sad that mercenaries 2 isn't as good I'd play mercenaries 1 on my Playstation a lot especially just fire up some cheat codes and go to town blowing poo poo up.

Just Cause mixed with Mercenaries or Red Faction Destructibility would be the ultimate sand box game.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Quest For Glory II posted:

24 hour Humble Bundle:

BTA (currently $2.51)

Electronic Super Joy
Bit.Trip Runner 2

Bit Trip Runner 2 is good, well worth 2.50 if you don't own it.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
So are these Electronic Super Joy games legit fun platformers, cause the reviews are mostly pretty negative on the first on in Steam.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Tecman posted:

After that I just pressed the big red button. Thank christ Enhanced Steam lets you do wipe the entire list with one click. That new list was me basically adding back everything I was at least a little interested in.

With any luck someone will buy you Dr Who The Eternity Clock next and you'll end up blowing the entire list away, again.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Quest For Glory II posted:

24 hour Humble Bundle:

$1

Probability 0
Electronic Super Joy: Groove City

BTA (currently $2.51)

Electronic Super Joy
Bit.Trip Runner 2

$7

Kick Beat

There have been so many great Humble Bundles; they make this one seem mediocre. My refined palate refuses these offerings.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Opinion on the Humble Bundle: all of the games except for KickBeat are pretty drat good, and KickBeat is very mediocre. Worth beating the average, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poopinstein
Apr 1, 2003

Yeah you did it!

Niggurath posted:

So are these Electronic Super Joy games legit fun platformers, cause the reviews are mostly pretty negative on the first on in Steam.

Super Joy (The pink one) is okay, it's made to be frustratingly hard though. If you like your platformers with super precise jumps with a time limit behind it(the levels scroll as you go if I remember right), then it's decent. I got frustrated after about 6 levels and set it down, but never felt the urge to go back.

• Locked thread