Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

Acer Pilot posted:

I joined a pubbie KSE and this one guy starts yelling out that he needs someone to guard the portal because his ship is "OFFENCIVE (sic)" and so it cannot do a "DEFENSIVE" job like shooting probes. I called him bad and then he just stopped talking to me and kept blowing up.

Hey, could have been this guy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Acer Pilot posted:

I joined a pubbie KSE and this one guy starts yelling out that he needs someone to guard the portal because his ship is "OFFENCIVE (sic)" and so it cannot do a "DEFENSIVE" job like shooting probes. I called him bad and then he just stopped talking to me and kept blowing up.

This wouldnt be the worst thing if he were flying just about any other normal ship.

edit: I'm really stumped with that set up that he was having any serious problems though.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Berke Negri posted:

This wouldnt be the worst thing if he were flying just about any other normal ship.

edit: I'm really stumped with that set up that he was having any serious problems though.

These people don't move when the Valdore is directly aimed at them. I think that says a lot about them.

e: I just re-published "Bijor, Part 3" to include some suggestions that goons had. I don't know if I can build a daycare but there will now be Bajorans playing pool and some children unfortunate enough to encounter the Vedeks.

e2: Apparently I need 150 reviews on each Bijor mission to be the first thing to show up first when you search for bajor :(
e3: Got rid of the last chat with the Prophets.

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 17, 2014

Violent Kitten
Dec 26, 2011

Dearmad bhean
an ti ag an gcat.
It'd be nice if they qualified for the dil reward for completing it too, but it has to have a play time of over 15 minutes to qualify, I think.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Acer Pilot posted:

These people don't move when the Valdore is directly aimed at them. I think that says a lot about them.

e: I just re-published "Bijor, Part 3" to include some suggestions that goons had. I don't know if I can build a daycare but there will now be Bajorans playing pool and some children unfortunate enough to encounter the Vedeks.

e2: Apparently I need 150 reviews on each Bijor mission to be the first thing to show up first when you search for bajor :(

Does Bijor include the way the last democratic Bajoran government asked the Cardassians to take over to help bring Bajor up to civilisation, but then the fanatic minority that's risen up labelled the past government as 'collaborators' and pretend it was unasked for?

Perhaps a Bijor prequel, about when they bombed capitol buildings planetwide during the welcoming ceremony, wiping out the government and forcing the few remaining leaders to ask the Cardassians to nobly restore peace.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Aug 17, 2014

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

You need to include thrm bombing a kanar still as well. Alcohol is evil

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bijor part 4 should be about how the Bajorans refused to let the Skrreeans settle on Bajor, ending with the revelation that the flecks of skin shed by the Skrreeans would have revitalized the Bajoran soil.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Acer Pilot posted:

I've been mulling it over and I think you should add a second part where we take the role of a Bajoran doctor who murders his collegue who wants to get the truth of what happened out there - and then we write the report about / invent the Kalla-Nohra syndrome.

Sterling_Archer
May 10, 2012

"What do you mean we're not in compliance?"
So do we think the galor beams will scale to 60?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Atrayonis posted:

I've been mulling it over and I think you should add a second part where we take the role of a Bajoran doctor who murders his collegue who wants to get the truth of what happened out there - and then we write the report about / invent the Kalla-Nohra syndrome.

how angry would pubbies be if bijor 4 is when a bajoran constable shoots an unarmed cardassian boy in the cardassian ghettos of bajor?

Sterling_Archer posted:

some of us think so since they're not level capped atm

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 18, 2014

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sterling_Archer posted:

They're level scaling as the infinity symbol represents, so yes.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

DancingShade posted:

They're level scaling as the infinity symbol represents, so yes.

Is it true that MK Infinity only scales up to about MK X? I'm not even sure where I heard that now that I think about it.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Sterling_Archer posted:

Depends how they handle lockbox ship equipment. I'm not sure if Cryptic's stated so outright yet, but they've made it indirectly obvious that lockbox stuff will be getting a free upgrade option to 60 by mentioning it in the JHAS writeup in the recent promotion. Presumably consoles that come from the ships would be upgraded through a similar process, and if so it would make sense that weapons would be too, but that's hard to say right now without knowing exactly how the upgrade stuff will work.

Danaru posted:

Is it true that MK Infinity only scales up to about MK X? I'm not even sure where I heard that now that I think about it.
Depends on the item, but yeah none really have MkXII stats aside from the spiral waves.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Asimo posted:

Depends on the item, but yeah none really have MkXII stats aside from the spiral waves.

Lobi weapons also got a stats boost when folks pointed out that they're not exactly cheap.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Danaru posted:

For a direct comparison, max level screech beams from the horrible comet mission are more powerful than the ones that come with the TOS Enterprise.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Can I get in the goon channel and get wiki access?

In game: Steve Autism@steveautism
Wiki: SteveAutism

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Felony posted:

Can I get in the goon channel and get wiki access?

In game: Steve Autism@steveautism
Wiki: SteveAutism

All sorted.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Lake has had another meltdown -- two in as many days. After discovering his gofundme page asking for 5,000 dollars to go back to school for truck driving (with him also listing he "didn't know where to find food/shelter" most nights), we found him on ESD. Here is the link to his gofundme page, but the pictures and info have all been removed (Gummo c/p most of it in the pastebin): http://www.gofundme.com/8s4190. The pastebin is here:http://pastebin.com/fV1UcNHL

During this encounter, he brought in his friend Tamujin, and went through the checklist of DENTAL conspiracies.

1. Dental = Goonswarm.

quote:

[Local] Tamujiin@tamujiin: Try trolling people in EVE nbreeki... heard you guys got a fleet thier too... or has it been banned also?
[Local] Lake@lake1771: lol yea they got banned in eve

2. NoPPS is a datamining channel.

quote:

[Zone] Lake@lake1771: their channel is for datamining
[Zone] Lake@lake1771: thats how they got my real name and email addys
[Zone] Lake@lake1771: NoP Public Service is dangerous

3. We are all Butts' alts (or Acidcouch).

quote:

[Local] Tamujiin@tamujiin: He has like 5 friends, thats about it...... other then that. breeki si butts, and acid couch and all that crap.

4. Members of SFD are literally North Koreans.

quote:

[Local] Tamujiin@tamujiin: Lake, if Nbreeki isnt silenced, i bet he is bringing in the north koreans.... we better watch out.... or somthing.
[Local] Tamujiin@tamujiin: Yah your probably a fat south Korean, Who defected from the north.
[Local] Tamujiin@tamujiin: Thats why you guys got all this dear leader crap, cause yah been brainwashed so much with it. yah crap yer pants when yah think about a nekkid lady.
[Local] Tamujiin@tamujiin: My country can nuke your off the map if ya wanna go there.
[Local] Nbreeki@nabreeki: Leave DPRK out of this, please.
[Local] Tamujiin@tamujiin: You mad bro?

5. Misc. Conspiracies and a shout-out to Mondian.

quote:

[Zone] Lake@lake1771: is it like when your mate @mondian would brag to me about how he can see who's selling what on the exchange?
[Zone] Lake@lake1771: like when you datamine tribble to figure out what the next lockbox is before anyone else knows?

Also, apparently he was planning to make bank off his truck driver gofundme page.

quote:

[Local] Tamujiin@tamujiin: Yu guys buthurt cause he has a better money making plan then you, instead of charging ten buck forum fees to join yer crap fleet?
[Local] Tamujiin@tamujiin: Its no secret the mans name is Neal anymore, that cats out the beg, should we ruin how you guys get rich?
[Local] Nbreeki@nabreeki: No one gets rich from truck driving, sorry

And I'll give the final word to Lake.

quote:

[Zone] Lake@lake1771: you know why people know who i am railrokh
[Zone] Lake@lake1771: because i speak the truth

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 18, 2014

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Well that sure is a thing. You can almost taste the aspergers.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
And logged on to this:

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Cyber Bullying™

Dingdong914
Jul 31, 2014

Acer Pilot posted:

Was worried when some random guy PM'd me and tried to friend me. That dude who wanted a Gallitep mission found the Bijor missions and gave me a poo poo load of money. A pubbie who isn't terrible!? Who would've thought!

http://pastebin.com/ajgJKrpX

The STO mods are out of control, apparently he got banned for 2 weeks for realizing Dukat was right.

For shame.

Just finished playing all 3 chapters - I feel like I need to rewatch early DS9 espisodes so I can boo the Bijorans :)

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
For PvP is Acc still the stat to go for? Buying Romulan Plasma's for my R'Mor.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

DonDoodles posted:

And logged on to this:

There are no "top tier" players in this game. It's STO.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
He's not half-crazy guys. He's full on pants-on-head batshit loony. What the gently caress is this guy even on about in that mail? Sweet jesus the autism.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Defiance Industries posted:

There are no "top tier" players in this game. It's STO.

There is a top tier but it's still very sad and nothing to brag about really.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
That is weapons grade crazy right there. Up there with and surpassing some of the worst that EVE has to offer.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
I want to bring the real Temujin back from the dead and have him meet this guy.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

DonDoodles posted:

And logged on to this:

:colbert: How are we supposed to stand up for ourselves in the real world if we're all in wheel chairs?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

g0del posted:

:colbert: How are we supposed to stand up for ourselves in the real world if we're all in wheel chairs?

One beep for yes two beeps for no

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

How dare they make him pay for it all himself.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

g0del posted:

Well you can't unless you're the real Slim Shady

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Unguided posted:

How dare they make him pay for it all himself.

What an outrage. He donated 100k dil to the starbase. Do you know how LONG it takes to reach 100k dil when you're completely incompetent at the game?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
I'm new to this game and hit 50 not too long ago but I can't for the life of me find out how you make energy credits?

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Szcwczuk posted:

I'm new to this game and hit 50 not too long ago but I can't for the life of me find out how you make energy credits?

The easiest way to make some quick dosh is to search the foundry for a farming mission. Just keep blowing poo poo up until items quit dropping. You can also convert dil into zen and buy keys with it. Which sell for about 2.5m each. Or if you're KDF you can sell contraband.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Longshot007 posted:

The easiest way to make some quick dosh is to search the foundry for a farming mission. Just keep blowing poo poo up until items quit dropping. You can also convert dil into zen and buy keysbugship promo packs with it. Which sell for about 2.5m8m each. Or if you're KDF you can sell contraband.

Fixed that for you. Otherwise it's good advice but dil farmers looking to cashout should take advantage of promos.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Longshot007 posted:

The easiest way to make some quick dosh is to search the foundry for a farming mission. Just keep blowing poo poo up until items quit dropping. You can also convert dil into zen and buy keys with it. Which sell for about 2.5m each. Or if you're KDF you can sell contraband.

Sell the contraband on the exchange?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

MoraleHazard posted:

Sell the contraband on the exchange?

Yes. Or to me, if you have full stacks.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Longshot007 posted:

Lagomorphic posted:

Fixed that for you. Otherwise it's good advice but dil farmers looking to cashout should take advantage of promos.

Thanks for the tips. I've tired out some of the farming missions you end up not getting any new items fairly quickly but it looks like it nets you about a million a day not including anything awesome that might end up on the exchange. I also sold my contraband netting me about 700k for about a days worth of dof missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Oh yeah turn the difficulty up to advanced for foundry farms. Ships will often die to warp core breaches and not drop anything on normal.

• Locked thread