Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

FuzzySkinner posted:

Tony Grossi ‏@TonyGrossi 2m
"@WallyZW Better uniform pants: orange or brown? // I've warmed to brown. Would like to see an orange shirt/brown pant look. ... oops, shh.

I think Grossi just hinted that the Browns will be bringing back the orange jerseys they wore back in the Couch/Butch Davis-era.

So like this?

Also, why are the Browns changing their uniform? They are already a top-3 NFL uniform, no need to change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Faltese Malkin posted:

So like this?

Also, why are the Browns changing their uniform? They are already a top-3 NFL uniform, no need to change.

those are fly as gently caress, imo

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

I do like the Orange Jersey's fwiw.

I love the Orange pants equally.

FWIW, if they do bring back the Orange Jerseys I plan on buying a Kosar 19 in those colors. (I have a "NO CURRENT PLAYER/MUST HAVE ESTABLISHED HIMSELF AS LEGENDARY DURING A GAME/SEASON/CAREER" rule).

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

FuzzySkinner posted:

FWIW, if they do bring back the Orange Jerseys I plan on buying a Kosar 19 in those colors. (I have a "NO CURRENT PLAYER/MUST HAVE ESTABLISHED HIMSELF AS LEGENDARY DURING A GAME/SEASON/CAREER" rule).

Well, OK, but why Kosar then?

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
Legendary drinker/cpa/announcer

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Full disclosure I acknowledge that was a cheap shot and Kosar is a very good QB but I snickered when I thought of that and at the end of the day isn't that what matters?

Who among you wouldn't have done the same?

Edit for content: Please leave the Browns alone, Nike.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Eifert Posting posted:

Edit for content: Please leave the Browns alone, Nike.

The shoulders start Brown and then gradient to white at the bottom of the jersey with the Browns orange in a thick stripe right at the mid section.

Pants do the same but in reverse.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
They have announced they're getting a new uniform next year

And the problem with an orange Kosar is that it never actually happened irl

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

football fuckerman posted:

They have announced they're getting a new uniform next year

And the problem with an orange Kosar is that it never actually happened irl

Tell that to my camo Riggins and Darrel Green jerseys bitch

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

Full disclosure I acknowledge that was a cheap shot and Kosar is a very good QB but I snickered when I thought of that and at the end of the day isn't that what matters?

I don't know, he's the guy I feel most comfortable getting a jersey made up of honestly. (I know he's not exactly up there on the GOAT list of Browns players).

I do have two Cribbs jersey mainly because he seems to really support my alma mater, and his career highlights are pretty solid.

I don't feel comfortable getting say, a Manziel or Gordon jersey right now because my past three Browns jerseys have been uhh...well...things havn't turned out well for the players I had (Couch, Edwards and Quinn fwiw).

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

FuzzySkinner posted:

I don't feel comfortable getting say, a Manziel or Gordon jersey right now because my past three Browns jerseys have been uhh...well...things havn't turned out well for the players I had (Couch, Edwards and Quinn fwiw).

I am eventually getting a Kosar, for the same reasons. It should be the last jersey I get. My previous jerseys were Frye and Quinn.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I just want to say I watched the Bucs game this weekend, and I think the Uniforms look pretty bad in motion. The pants especially. I can't figure out why the same color scheme worked before, but I think it has to do with the new reds feeling richer and not having the stripes on the sides of the pants but stupid color swatches.

I saw them in practice videos and the white pants/red jersey look way better. Nike ruined the pewter somehow.

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

Febreeze posted:

I just want to say I watched the Bucs game this weekend, and I think the Uniforms look pretty bad in motion. The pants especially. I can't figure out why the same color scheme worked before, but I think it has to do with the new reds feeling richer and not having the stripes on the sides of the pants but stupid color swatches.

I saw them in practice videos and the white pants/red jersey look way better. Nike ruined the pewter somehow.

I heard some talk that the jersey numbers are reflective or glow or something? Did that come across while watching on TV?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the white part of the numbers was two tone, some of it reflective and some not. I feel like the #s are the big flaw with the unis. I rather like the helmets.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I never really liked the red and pewter. Pewter is barely even a real color it's just weird

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bring back the Creamsicles and also Vinny.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
the Eagles, for the first two years of the Nike contract, had been continuing to use Reebok-era fabrics and templates, because Nike said that they wouldn't be able to recreate the dark "midnight green" using their own fabrics.

Philly finally took the plunge and switched to a Nike template for this year... and Nike still can't figure out how to make the green jersey bodies. That's why the Eagles were forced to wear black jerseys for Friday's game against New England, and apparently the shortage will last into the regular season, leaving the Eagles with only black and white for the foreseeable future.

I guess if anything were going to expedite a switch back to kelly green, it would be Nike screwing up, wouldn't it?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Farchanter posted:

the Eagles, for the first two years of the Nike contract, had been continuing to use Reebok-era fabrics and templates, because Nike said that they wouldn't be able to recreate the dark "midnight green" using their own fabrics.

Philly finally took the plunge and switched to a Nike template for this year... and Nike still can't figure out how to make the green jersey bodies. That's why the Eagles were forced to wear black jerseys for Friday's game against New England, and apparently the shortage will last into the regular season, leaving the Eagles with only black and white for the foreseeable future.

I guess if anything were going to expedite a switch back to kelly green, it would be Nike screwing up, wouldn't it?

Do you have any more information on this? It seems really weird to me that loving Nike can't even get a color right. Is it osmething with the fabric not being able to hold the dye due to some chemical conflicts or some poo poo? (not a chemist)

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Do you have any more information on this? It seems really weird to me that loving Nike can't even get a color right. Is it osmething with the fabric not being able to hold the dye due to some chemical conflicts or some poo poo? (not a chemist)

that's all I know, unfortunately. This Uni-Watch post is the most comprehensive source, and according to them, Nike says it's due to "color matching issues" and "midnight green is a custom color that apparently needs time to make," despite being able to get everyone else's custom colors completed well in advance of now.

e: if I had to guess, and this is just a total shot in the dark, it has to do with "midnight green" being very metallic, whereas it seems like Nike switched to matte versions of all previously metallic colors (San Francisco's pants, etc.) when they got the uniform contract, which IIRC was also something to do with Nike's manufacturing process. I imagine they can't get a flat version of the midnight green that doesn't look like crap.

Farchanter fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 17, 2014

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Farchanter posted:

that's all I know, unfortunately. This Uni-Watch post is the most comprehensive source, and according to them, Nike says it's due to "color matching issues" and "midnight green is a custom color that apparently needs time to make," despite being able to get everyone else's custom colors completed well in advance of now.

e: if I had to guess, and this is just a total shot in the dark, it has to do with "midnight green" being very metallic, whereas it seems like Nike switched to matte versions of all previously metallic colors (San Francisco's pants, etc.) when they got the uniform contract, which IIRC was also something to do with Nike's manufacturing process. I imagine they can't get a flat version of the midnight green that doesn't look like crap.

Don't the oregon ducks have a similar shade of green for some of their unis?

I mean obviously not the exact same but I thought it wouldn't be that hard to adjust it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Wait so what have people been buying from Nike for the past two seasons? Basically a more expensive Reebok jersey?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Behold the most Canadian jerseys and helmets ever.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
ASU has some new threads.

http://www.thesundevils.com/PhotoAlbum.dbml?PALBID=1172484&DB_OEM_ID=30300

I'm digging the copper on the facemask but I'm not sold on the grey jersey...

Faltese Malkin
Aug 22, 2005
Georgetown

Will Styles posted:

Those are some great color choices, especially on the helmet.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

That helmet owns

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

shiksa posted:

Wait so what have people been buying from Nike for the past two seasons? Basically a more expensive Reebok jersey?

Pretty much. The Eagles kept the Reebok "tailoring and fabrication" for the first two years of the Nike regime, I suspect the retailers are still using that stock.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Will Styles posted:

Don't care for the gray or the gradient numbers, but that helmet is pretty much perfect.

I thought the model's calves were some sort of crazy, gorgeous copper sock for a second. Oops.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Farchanter posted:

Yeah my guess would be something with the metallic/shiny colors too, Raiders are another team that didn't switch (still haven't afaik) and I thought there might've been an issue with the silver pants. Also I realized since they just played the Lions recently I could probably find some pictures showing the difference between silver vs the gray the Lions have now.

Here's one from the Reebok days:

And this one from last Friday:

Not the same color tone but you can contrast the shiny vs flat look directly in that second pic.

...I also found this one looking for an old/new Lions comparison :laugh:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

The helmet design should be the jersey and the helmet needs a leaf.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

lmao the dude on boxes

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Notre Dame unveiled their first uniforms from Under Armor.

The third uniform is for the Shamrock Series game against Purdue on Sept 13.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Mahoning posted:

Notre Dame unveiled their first uniforms from Under Armor.

The third uniform is for the Shamrock Series game against Purdue on Sept 13.

I rather like the Blue with gold pants, but i'm too distracted by the photoshopped crowd who looks like someone grabbed a crowd stock image and used the liquify filter on it

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Do players find functional value in the mesh sections on the sides and gut? They look terrible so I hope the players get at least a little bit of relief out of the deal.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
I don't play football, but I train in Muay Thai. I wear a UGA official practice Under Armour shirt with the vents and it makes a world of difference. They are basically strategically placed at places where you would sweat the most, and honestly, it feels like I'm wearing a light cotton t shirt, even though the thing is long sleeved.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The ND undershirts are wild

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

OnlyJuanMon posted:

I don't play football, but I train in Muay Thai. I wear a UGA official practice Under Armour shirt with the vents and it makes a world of difference. They are basically strategically placed at places where you would sweat the most, and honestly, it feels like I'm wearing a light cotton t shirt, even though the thing is long sleeved.

those vents fuckin own for working out

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

DJExile posted:

I hate ND, but I must admit that those own.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

OnlyJuanMon posted:

ZenVulgarity posted:

those vents fuckin own for working out

Got it. Glad they're providing real benefit.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

DJExile posted:

Why do I like this? It's soooo close to being a hideous Affliction shirt, and yet it works. What is this sorcery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Anals of History posted:

Got it. Glad they're providing real benefit.
Aside from making dumb Duck Dynasty commercials and trying to buy Kevin Durant, Under Armour pours an extraordinary amount of money into actual research and development for athletic wear. Half of Nike's poo poo (dryfit, etc.) is just a ripoff of UA materials and designs.

• Locked thread