Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

TVarmy posted:

Never mind! Wikihow had my back and now I can perform a courtesy pee. It's NSFW if your boss is a weirdo who hates tasteful sketches of women urinating through their panties.

Who is this even for besides internet creeps. I like the tip near the bottom that suggests doing it with a bunch of your girlfriends all in a circle so you can watch everyone piss all over themselves.

What's wrong with just finding a large bush and not walking around with piss smelling shorts the rest of the afternoon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

quote:

Some running shorts are often manufactured with a minimal brief inside them and these are designed specifically to allow rapid transfer of moisture but only if you don't wear underwear with them. You may still choose to wear underwear if you find you prefer the feeling of urinating through them, or in the case of running shorts that don't have a built-in brief.

When you perform a courtesy pee in your running shorts and you are wearing underwear under them, it will spread the urine more, but the shorts will dry quickly, so there is no harm in doing it again and again.

Consider wearing a very tight pair of jeans, the thinner the material the better. This will minimize the damage by restricting the spreading inside them and forcing the urine straight through your underwear and the crotch of your jeans. If they are not tight enough, your urine will spread inside them soaking both your underwear and your jeans and be very obvious.

How tight to have your underwear and/or pants is a matter of trial and error. You will need to experiment to get this right and the first couple of times you probably will soak your underwear and/or pants.

What no this is all completely normal and how everyone pees obviously.

(who the hell can pee through denim?)

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Leper Residue posted:

(who the hell can pee through denim?)

People who practice, duh :rolleyes:

brick cow
Oct 22, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Actually that tip is useful and I'm eating chips right out of the bag right now because I don't like wasting dishes on menial things, sorry guys.

edit: I'll let you know how the wine cooking and no-chili chili making goes.

Need to eat up chips in a hurry? Dump a bag of chips on the floor and eat the chips off of the floor like a animal you piece of poo poo

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

To whom is the "courtesy" part of "courtesy pee" referring? I don't think it's very courteous to anyone to walk around smelling of piss for a few hours. I guess it's a courtesy to weird internet dudes with a gross fetish?

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
No. See, if you pee hard enough then the urine wont be in contact with your clothes long enough to soak in! Practice constantly until you get it right.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

The illustrations in that page are pretty good considering that they were surely done one-handed.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Lifehack: Yellow is in front, and brown is in the back. Never again wear your underwear backwards like an animal you piece of poo poo.

Vordhosbn
Aug 7, 2008

Brilliant.

Feel like a chef at a restaurant by grabbing a magnet and sticking your recipes onto range hoods over the stove. It's a convenient, hands-free way to cook all those delicious meals.
Yeah, there's no way that's a fire hazard.

Practical jokes are now #lifehacks.

Why?!

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Vordhosbn posted:

Brilliant.

Maybe this is common knowledge, but I don't own a phone. What exactly is the zip lock baggie for?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

quote:

Practical jokes are now #lifehacks

Yeah, no way this could backfire on you when the prankee slashes the poo poo out of their foot on mirror shards. Nope! None whatsoever!

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~

Leper Residue posted:

Maybe this is common knowledge, but I don't own a phone. What exactly is the zip lock baggie for?

Something to hang it from/in. It won't work very well.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I do this, except it's so I can use my phone in the shower.

I'm literally terrible.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Turfahurf posted:

So it's not in a backseat pocket in that pic? Where is the bottom half of the phone? Did they photoshop that off?

Edit: It's being held sideways, I get it now.

Leper Residue has a new favorite as of 07:37 on Aug 19, 2014

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Wanamingo posted:

I'm literally terrible.

Thanks for making me feel better about how often I use my phone.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Wanamingo posted:

I'm literally terrible.

Maybe you should be, like, focusing on scrubbing your gooniness off or something instead.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Turfahurf posted:

It's not such a bad idea. If you're watching a whole movie on the plane it might get annoying for some people to hold it up to your face the whole time. Phones aren't that heavy but still.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
I just found this gallery of "mental lifehacks," and it's awful, enjoy

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

twoday posted:

This is a lot less awful if you imagine that you're reading an instruction manual for an alien on how to interact with humans for the first time without raising suspicion.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

twoday posted:

I guess some of those are actually right like the whole "smiling makes you happy"

Then again

Also be a manipulative rear end in a top hat by...

faking you liking a person

bartering for favors

just act like you know it all because that never goes wrong

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

"However, do make sure to use non-words like 'unconfident' and 'a thing' as that'll make people on the internet like you more."

edit: Unconfident actually is a word? Huh. #Lifehack: Use the word 'unconfident' if you want to sound like a douchebag to all your friends.

I just like the picture for this one.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Vordhosbn posted:

Feel like a chef at a restaurant by grabbing a magnet and sticking your recipes onto range hoods over the stove. It's a convenient, hands-free way to cook all those delicious meals.
Yeah, there's no way that's a fire hazard.

I do that. It's easy, the recipe is at eye-level, I don't have to use my hands to touch it and I don't have to run around looking what I have to do next. Besides, I'm standing right there cooking stuff, I think I'll notice a fire before it burns down my house.

EDIT: I don't call it a life-hack though. Maybe I should start doing that :v:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

beedeebee posted:

I do that. It's easy, the recipe is at eye-level, I don't have to use my hands to touch it and I don't have to run around looking what I have to do next. Besides, I'm standing right there cooking stuff, I think I'll notice a fire before it burns down my house.

EDIT: I don't call it a life-hack though. Maybe I should start doing that :v:

lifehack : call every single thing you do a lifehack and earn mad internet cred

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

RandomFerret posted:

The goons on the forums looked from lifehack tumblr to lifehack parody tumblr, and from lifehack parody tumblr to lifehack tumblr, and from lifehack tumblr to lifehack parody tumblr again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Wer mit LifeHacks kämpft, mag zusehn, daß er nicht dabei zum LifeHack wird. Und wenn du lange in einem Parody blickst, blickt der Parody auch in dich hinein.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
Didn't a goon do something like that?

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Zemyla posted:

Yup, something like that.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
If you use your own fertilizer, it won't cost you an arm and a leg. Or a fingat.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Zemyla posted:

I think that was a gamecube, and it ended up costing him one of his fingats.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

Someone on yospos made a terrarium out of a Dreamcast for the secret Santa exchange. It didn't have much or any vegetation, but plenty of worms.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

That is a real thing that students are taught in journalism school. Unseasoned communicators will fill in silence and that is generally where better information/quotes come from because it will take them off their script.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I guess it's good to know that being an annoying journo is a learned thing, then.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ah, I just remembered, Zach, a game we used to play. Released February 17th in 2010, developed by Access Games and directed by Hidetaka Suehiro, also known as SWERY. It was a murder mystery that too place in a small town, with an eccentric FBI special agent as the protagonist. A real cult classic, with plenty of suspense and black humor. Sound familiar, Zach?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Or you know, throw the cup in the trash and clean the spoon

Really cool life hack:

Daniel Bryan has a new favorite as of 16:21 on Aug 19, 2014

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Dirty cutlery lying all over the place? Store it in empty yoghurt containers!

Want to watch a film, but can't be bothered showering? Due to a loophole in the law, you can actually go to the cinema in your pyjamas. They can't stop you!

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

lifehack for all you dumb, soon-to-be-lonely fucks.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Better lifehack: Don't get married in the first place because your inevitable divorce will cost you more money than your feelings are worth.

edit: Also, you should post that in the poo poo that didn't happen thread too.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Who What Now posted:

Ah, I just remembered, Zach, a game we used to play. Released February 17th in 2010, developed by Access Games and directed by Hidetaka Suehiro, also known as SWERY. It was a murder mystery that too place in a small town, with an eccentric FBI special agent as the protagonist. A real cult classic, with plenty of suspense and black humor. Sound familiar, Zach?

Life Hack: binge through the LP of this game.

Wait that's actually good advice so never mind.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Rad Tad posted:

lifehack for all you dumb, soon-to-be-lonely fucks.

So he's not selling timeshares or something right? Reddit's visual Teflon for me but it seems like this lifehack is "Invite people out, have friends."

When the machines rise they'll just have to convince us that starving ourselves in the basement is a lifehack for awkward social situations and body image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Razorwired posted:

So he's not selling timeshares or something right? Reddit's visual Teflon for me but it seems like this lifehack is "Invite people out, have friends."

When the machines rise they'll just have to convince us that starving ourselves in the basement is a lifehack for awkward social situations and body image.

Yes that is exactly his hack. He just invites people to bars to have a couple friendly drinks. I'm not sure why no one else ever thought of that :shrug: