Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Here have a free Terraria!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!
Thank you for this!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
is terraria better or worse than starbound, which is also good or not good?

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems

Thank you! Already owning CK2 and Van Helsing (which, holy poo poo is that an amazing deal for $1), I was going to give the rest of this bundle a pass.

Sway Grunt
May 15, 2004

Tenochtitlan, looking east.

I took this, thank you! It was the only one in the bundle I actually wanted.

AciddTripp
Feb 13, 2006

Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut

I took this, thanks!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Are there any known problems about Bad Rats that could make it crash on start-up? It's doing that for me.

(Yes I want to play it)

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Justin_Brett posted:

Are there any known problems about Bad Rats that could make it crash on start-up? It's doing that for me.

(Yes I want to play it)

It's a sign. Don't do it! :negative:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Deadlight

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.
Why the hell do I need to make an account to play Tropico 4?

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Took the Russians thanks. Maybe I'll play CK2 one of these days...

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Van Helsing I have VH2 and it's great, don't think I'll go back and play the first.

CK2

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.
Terraria

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Leper Residue posted:

Why the hell do I need to make an account to play Tropico 4?

You can avoid the account thing altogether by adding 127.0.0.1 launcher01.kalypsomedia.com to hosts file.

Somebody else posted that here a while ago.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Jordan7hm posted:

The 15$ game isn't very good either, and the 1$ tier is, so I'm not sure this one ends up around 9$ like the last couple Humble Bundles set up this way.

Doesn't the $15 level gives you AoEII:HD? :raise: Or is it a case of "everybody but me :negative: has it already"?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Drifter posted:

You can avoid the account thing altogether by adding 127.0.0.1 launcher01.kalypsomedia.com to hosts file.

Somebody else posted that here a while ago.

Man, it's been so long since I've had to gently caress with the hosts file I had to look up where it was. Thanks for the info though.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

HardDisk posted:

Doesn't the $15 level gives you AoEII:HD? :raise: Or is it a case of "everybody but me :negative: has it already"?

The cool kids got it for dirt cheap when Amazon screwed up during the summer sale. (Buying the expansion for $2.50 got you the whole thing.)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Drifter posted:

is terraria better or worse than starbound, which is also good or not good?

I haven't played Starbound in a while so things have likely changed, but Terraria had much, much better combat. The crafting was also more extensive and there was a lot more to do.

Terraria is a really, really good game.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

HardDisk posted:

It's not a terrible deal, but you would be paying $10 extra for the AoE II HD stuff, which is diminishing returns when compared to what you get for $1 or the $5 bundles.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Was able to grab this one. Thanks!

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

LLCoolJD posted:

It's not a terrible deal, but you would be paying $10 extra for the AoE II HD stuff, which is diminishing returns when compared to what you get for $1 or the $5 bundles.

There's also AoE III Complete. Or is that rubbish?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Junkenstein posted:

No, it is not rubbish at all. It's not held as highly as AOE2 by some people, but it's a really good game and the amount of content is absurd.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Junkenstein posted:

Divisive. I like it as a chill out coop game against AI, but am otherwise not as fond of it.

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Here is my extra stuff.

Deadlight

Terraria

Crusader Kings 2

CK2 African Units

CK2 Russian Units

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!

Baron posted:

Here is my extra stuff.

Terraria

I got this! Thanks a bunch!

John Capslocke
Jun 5, 2007

Baron posted:

Here is my extra stuff.

Deadlight

Thanks!

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

ManOfTheYear posted:

I bought Trails in the Sky when it came out but I haven't had too much time to play it after the first 2 hours, but I've realized I have a hard time getting back to it. People say it's a very good game, but initially it seems very generic and the art style and graphics are honestly pretty ugly. It just doesn't seem very interesting. Does it take time to get going and warm up or what?

It definitely starts out slowly, the main plot is in no hurry. It does get pretty good towards the end, and once it starts picking up speed, it doesn't really slow down

The prologue can take you 4-8 hours to finish (depending on how many sidequests you do and how much you time you spend talking to the NPC's). The strength of the game is in the interactions of the main characters, and how much worldbuilding it does. Basically all NPC's are named, and each one gets new dialogue almost every time there's a main plot advancement. They all tend to have little story arcs and a sketch of personality.

The game might not do a lot that's NEW, but what it does do, it does well. If the main characters interactions are not grabbing you, it might not be the game for you.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Aug 19, 2014

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Justin_Brett posted:

So many people voted for Five Nights at Freddy's on Greenlight they just put it on the store now. :allears:

drat, I wish I could watch Roofus play this one.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
King of Fighters trip report: The game is really fun, but my god the tutorial is terrible at explaining mechanics.

They give a really vague explanation of how this works and then expect you to just pull it off immediately.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i have never successfully completed a fighting game tutorial

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Lance Streetman posted:

King of Fighters trip report: The game is really fun, but my god the tutorial is terrible at explaining mechanics.

They give a really vague explanation of how this works and then expect you to just pull it off immediately.

:lol: I only ever got near completing the tutorials in Skullgirls and Injustice. I blame my controller (the X360 one)!

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Fighting games are drat near impenetrable for me. I get frustrated after like four rounds and just play Dota again like an idiot.

KoF looks rad though, looking forward to slamming my brain at it when I get off work.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

How is Invisible Inc? Because holy poo poo 'turn based tactical stealth rpg' gets me excited.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The Street Fighter vs. Tekken tutorial had some loving move early on that I couldn't do at all and it wouldn't let me skip it to learn how to play. gently caress you, Street Fighter vs. Tekken, I didn't want to play you anyway.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

LibbyM posted:

How is Invisible Inc? Because holy poo poo 'turn based tactical stealth rpg' gets me excited.

All signs point to 'too early access to be good' right now.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Tempted to get the Groupees bundle for 5 bucks, but really the only game I'm interested in is Consortium, which seemed really interesting, if unpolished, when we had a short-lived thread here for a while. Eschalon looks okay too, but I'm put off by the fact that it's apparently the final part of a trilogy I'll probably never have time to play.

And wow, what on earth are these Little Big Adventure games? I watched the trailer, which usually presents the game in the best possible light, and it has no gameplay, just entirely holy gently caress cringeworthy bad 3D animation from 1997. Like not even funny-bad, but literally 16-year-old's-school-project bad. If you can't get a good animator, don't just take a halfhearted stab at it yourself. Just do comic-book cutscenes, or have a narrator, or literally anything else.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Phenotype posted:

Tempted to get the Groupees bundle for 5 bucks, but really the only game I'm interested in is Consortium, which seemed really interesting, if unpolished, when we had a short-lived thread here for a while. Eschalon looks okay too, but I'm put off by the fact that it's apparently the final part of a trilogy I'll probably never have time to play.

And wow, what on earth are these Little Big Adventure games? I watched the trailer, which usually presents the game in the best possible light, and it has no gameplay, just entirely holy gently caress cringeworthy bad 3D animation from 1997. Like not even funny-bad, but literally 16-year-old's-school-project bad. If you can't get a good animator, don't just take a halfhearted stab at it yourself. Just do comic-book cutscenes, or have a narrator, or literally anything else.

Why does this game that came out in 1997 look like it's from 1997?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Breadallelogram posted:

Why does this game that came out in 1997 look like it's from 1997?

Wow, now that I wiki it, it actually came out in 1997. I'd be more embarrassed if I wasn't so impressed I nailed the year so precisely. I was even thinking "People probably woulda been impressed by this back in the day." I really only watched half the trailer on the Groupees page before I posted.

Still, what the heck is it, and why do people in here talk about it without cracking up?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I loved it when I played it back in 2003 but as I said earlier, I thought even then the game aged quite poorly, both in mechanics and presentation. It's a really adorable game with no handholding, but that's the extent of my memories, it's been more than 10 years after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Justin_Brett posted:

So many people voted for Five Nights at Freddy's on Greenlight they just put it on the store now. :allears:

This game just looks dumb

• Locked thread