Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Unmature posted:

MAN, that's a dumb opinion. "How DARE an influential person with the platform to broadcast to lots of people have an opinion about a place in which he does not currently live."
Goon from behind a computer.

Irish Joe posted:

Its more an issue of a wealthy individual three steps removed from the problems of the lower classes preaching anarchy as if anarchy has benefited anyone ever. The riots have shut down businesses, schools and services--vital things for the people living in Ferguson. And here we have some loving loudmouth bemoaning his inability to afford a Tesla telling people to keep it up. Dan is 100% in the wrong about this and hearing him preach anarchy to people who just want to live their lives makes my blood boil.
I'm no longer sure about your posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

KoRMaK posted:

I'm no longer sure about your posts.

If you're on the fence about adding Irish Joe to your Ignore List, you must not be familiar with his posts from the Community thread.

Edit for content: I found their discussion of Robin Williams touching, and I'm glad that Dan talked about how much poo poo people gave Williams over his success.

I'm glad they didn't bother pretending that all of his movies were good, but no one can deny that Popeye is an insane movie that has to be seen to be believed. I think the story of how Robin got his cocaine to Malta forever changed how I feel about that film. I won't say that I like it, but it may be getting closer to fascinating train wreck in my mind.

The Action Man fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Aug 19, 2014

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
TBH everything about that political discussion was incredibly stupid. It's hard to tell what's worst between Harmon's bright idea that people should just lie about what's happening or Jim's stunning revelation that voting doesn't matter and dissent is illegal. They sounded like angry teenagers.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Sakarja posted:

TBH everything about that political discussion was incredibly stupid. It's hard to tell what's worst between Harmon's bright idea that people should just lie about what's happening or Jim's stunning revelation that voting doesn't matter and dissent is illegal. They sounded like angry teenagers.

C'mon down to harmontown
pee is yellow
poop is brown

Unmature
May 9, 2008
People get really upset when people they don't like on podcasts they hate say things they don't agree with. And then they download the next episode.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Unmature posted:

People get really upset when people they don't like on podcasts they hate say things they don't agree with. And then they download the next episode.

Although, I do agree with Jeff Davis that Led Zeppelin is not a good band.

I also really enjoyed them just ranting against movies and bands they didn't like to relieve the tension of all the politics talk, and I preferred the Ferguson talk to World Cup talk by a very large magnitude because I actually give a gently caress about the former.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Unmature posted:

Wow that's super insightful. You really cut to the core of it.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 19, 2014

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Sakarja posted:

Jim really needs to calm down.

Arstan
May 30, 2012

Thanks Cinco
You guys don't understand.

He doesn't really have a Pringles dick. He just keeps his dick inside a Pringles can because it keeps his penis warm and dry.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Irish Joe posted:

"When there's a riot, side with the rioters."
-Dan Harmon, from his gated compound in the Hollywood Hills

If he was saying "NO YOU GUYS NEED TO KEEP RIOTING AND GETTING TEAR GASSED AND BEATEN" I'd agree that's stupid but he's literally just saying "If a large amount of minorities are angry at their treatment from the people in power, chances are they're right about the issue" which is like, no poo poo?

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

Sakarja posted:

It's hard to tell what's worst between Harmon's bright idea that people should just lie about what's happening

haha this part owned. It makes so little sense on every level.

HanzoSchmanzo
Apr 11, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

"When there's a riot, side with the rioters."
-Dan Harmon, from his gated compound in the Hollywood Hills

So, when black people assert themselves, is that always a riot, or just this time?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Holy poo poo you guys.

I want you all to get drunk and then off the cuff talk about how you would solve the systemic and contemporary issues in Ferguson while everything you said was recorded.

Arstan posted:

He doesn't really have a Pringles dick. He just keeps his dick inside a Pringles can because it keeps his penis warm and dry.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

KoRMaK posted:

Holy poo poo you guys.

I want you all to get drunk and then off the cuff talk about how you would solve the systemic and contemporary issues in Ferguson while everything you said was recorded.

If I ever go on a drunken tangent about things way above my ability to understand, please feel free to make fun of me a lot. That'd be a really dumb thing for me to do.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The point isn't to take the opportunity to ridicule someone.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I love Dan and Jeff, but their anarchist political leanings get pretty stupid sometimes.

Arstan
May 30, 2012

Thanks Cinco
This thread taking all of Dan's drunken rants as sincere gets pretty stupid sometimes.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Dan gets hilariously funny in this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV06WONv7A8

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Arstan posted:

This thread taking all of Dan's drunken rants as sincere gets pretty stupid sometimes.

Seriously. The bad guys can't be the ones without the armored vehicles (because that makes for a dumb story).

If people want informed and well-thought out opinions on current events maybe they shouldn't tune in to the Drunk Story Circle Autist's podcast.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!
Yeah, the drunk political rants can get a bit much at times, but it's not like it's hard to skip past it. The rest of the podcast was good, though!

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Insanity Prawn posted:

Yeah, the drunk political rants can get a bit much at times, but it's not like it's hard to skip past it. The rest of the podcast was good, though!

Don't skip them, they're great! Your lack of appreciation for quality drunk ranting is probably what leads to 45 minutes of Aneurysm Guy or an hour+ of Erin McGathy Presents.

edit: OR DUNCAN TRESSELL, drat YOU

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
It does worry me sometimes that there might be people in the crowd who genuinely think Dan is someone they should look up to or believe in.He's certainly entertaining and it's probably my favourite podcast to listen to right now,but he's a typical idiot who knows nothing and has an opinion on everything.

Also,Kumail is objectively the best guest :colbert:

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!
Apparently Spencer is going to be in Brooklyn Nine-Nine in some capacity, according to his twitter.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Swan Curry posted:

Also,Kumail is objectively the best guest :colbert:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Kumail's more of a half-ubiquitous cast member.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Victor Vermis posted:

Seriously. The bad guys can't be the ones without the armored vehicles (because that makes for a dumb story).

If people want informed and well-thought out opinions on current events maybe they shouldn't tune in to the Drunk Story Circle Autist's podcast.

Absolutely. But it's fun to make fun of them for their badly expressed opinions. I love the podcast and I think the group is fun to listen to, but I also like laughing at them as much as I like making fun of any drunk person at a party that won't shut up. I understand the context, and I like to laugh about it.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Arstan posted:

Uh, it's safe and dry. You're off the moon buddy

Arstan
May 30, 2012

Thanks Cinco

The Berzerker posted:

Uh, it's safe and dry. You're off the moon buddy

Hey man, I got my lyrics straight from Jim Davis himself.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
It's both.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Kumail is definitely the best. I really wish I could enjoy his video game podcast, but his wife is very irritating. X-Files Files is great though.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Insanity Prawn posted:

Apparently Spencer is going to be in Brooklyn Nine-Nine in some capacity, according to his twitter.

He AUDITIONED for it.

Edit: Apparently not! I only saw his casting office instagram.

He still might be removed from the ep. Hollywood's tough.

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Aug 22, 2014

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

Golden Bee posted:

He AUDITIONED for it. If he gets it, he still might be removed from the ep. Hollywood's tough.
He was talking about being on set and filming, so he's gotten that far, at least.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

MY ABACUS! posted:

Kumail is definitely the best. I really wish I could enjoy his video game podcast, but his wife is very irritating. X-Files Files is great though.

They're both irritating, but the biggest problem with The Indoor Kids is how childishly consumerist it is. I can understand being enthusiastic about video games and poo poo, but once you hit a certain age you shouldn't be excited about a $12 box of random poo poo or obsessed about buying a TMNT action figure. Whenever Kumail talks about being really excited about his old childhood toys and obsessions, I just get really sad for him. I liked the Turtles when I was 10, too, but I moved on like you're supposed to.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

They're both irritating, but the biggest problem with The Indoor Kids is how childishly consumerist it is. I can understand being enthusiastic about video games and poo poo, but once you hit a certain age you shouldn't be excited about a $12 box of random poo poo or obsessed about buying a TMNT action figure. Whenever Kumail talks about being really excited about his old childhood toys and obsessions, I just get really sad for him. I liked the Turtles when I was 10, too, but I moved on like you're supposed to.

Holy poo poo are you ever in the wrong place.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Arstan posted:

Hey man, I got my lyrics straight from Jim Davis himself.

The Garfield guy?!

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I actually would've preferred an Erin comedy bit to Dan and Jeff's Political Corner.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

qbert posted:

I actually would've preferred an Erin comedy bit to Dan and Jeff's Political Corner.

Harmonized Impressions is growing on me because I love Dan not knowing who the hell he's supposed to be sometimes.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Unmature posted:

Holy poo poo are you ever in the wrong place.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

The Action Man posted:

Harmonized Impressions is growing on me because I love Dan not knowing who the hell he's supposed to be sometimes.

"She can talk?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love

qbert posted:

most definitely, yes