Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Is there anything more to this than terrible nerds being mad at a terrible industry because terrible people "betrayed" their terrible community?

Also,

Mimetic posted:

the integrity of game journalism bit is the best thing that could have happened to her, seeing as it distracted everyone from the fact that she was abusing her boyfriend/ex

I thought GBS loved cucking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

MizPiz posted:

Is there anything more to this than terrible nerds being mad at a terrible industry because terrible people "betrayed" their terrible community

Yah, Phil Fish tore into total biscuit and said he covers his whole body in fedoras

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

coleman francis posted:

Is it too late for me to have a sex change so I can stop working so hard to support myself and my family and just be crazy online?

Its never too late

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Gaming Journalism

"Two Incredible Glitches Make The First Pokémon Games Way Easier"

"Pierce Brosnan Kind of Sucks At Goldeneye"

HARD HITTING JOURNALISM

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I have to believe that someone stepped in and told Phil Fish to take his twitter down. when you start looking like you have more of a hosed up, diseased brain than totalbiscuit then you've really gone all the way

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

gigawhite posted:

I have to believe that someone stepped in and told Phil Fish to take his twitter down. when you start looking like you have more of a hosed up, diseased brain than totalbiscuit then you've really gone all the way

Like his mom told him no internet or something?

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
turn-ons: ASIANS,CHRISTOPHER WALKIN,. SOOTHING VOICES IN THE DARK, EYES WITH FLECKS OF COLOR IN THEM YOU DONT TYPICALLY SEE IN EYES, .NECK BITING, . BEING ABLE TO TOUCH AND TASTE MY LOVER, HAIR PULLING

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

serious norman posted:

turn-ons: ASIANS,CHRISTOPHER WALKIN,. SOOTHING VOICES IN THE DARK, EYES WITH FLECKS OF COLOR IN THEM YOU DONT TYPICALLY SEE IN EYES, .NECK BITING, . BEING ABLE TO TOUCH AND TASTE MY LOVER, HAIR PULLING

Could've saved the trouble and just wrote "anime"

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
Pretty sure if you pulled her lovely rancid hair it'd fall out.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
would probably tap that though if it wasnt for her horrible horrible personality

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

serious norman posted:

would probably tap that though if it wasnt for her horrible horrible personality

She could have the most glowing personality and the strongest sense of self respect and I'd still be surprised she got laid.

She looks like she tastes like the bottom of an old stove.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Verisimilidude posted:

She could have the most glowing personality and the strongest sense of self respect and I'd still be surprised she got laid.

She looks like she tastes like the bottom of an old stove.

oh she got fatter after those pics...nm then

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW
I'm glad the fat balding girl with bad teeth and greasy hair got her bad video game published online.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Twelve Batmans posted:

Two nerdy dudes make an innocent dick joke about dongles at a work-related convention and lose their jobs and therefore the means by which to support their budding families.

lol what was this one all about

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

turnways posted:

There was more to it than that iirc, like tehy were basically just being sexist shitheads all day long.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Literally The Worst posted:

There was more to it than that iirc, like tehy were basically just being sexist shitheads all day long.

so they got fired for being normal guys? that's bullshit

Ogive
Dec 22, 2002

by Lowtax
For those just catching up, allow me to summarize:

- Gaming girl in gaming community illustrates said community's morals.
- Gamers, somehow failing to realize she's one of their own, amorally retaliate.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

turnways posted:

google pycon dongle and you'll see the controversy, the woman that snitched got fired to though so we struck one back in the endless gender war :mrapiggivingsalute:

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Yup, all on them. That's why she doesn't have her job anymore either.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Twelve Batmans posted:

What are things I didn't say, Alex

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

rainy day posted:

phil fish rules

lol

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Twelve Batmans posted:

Dude. It's literally the worst.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

:stare:

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Also I'm just saying no one came to those guys' defense saying "Well guys should be allowed to make harmless dick jokes!", which would be a stupid argument anyway.

Meanwhile, every twatter with an sj-stick up their rear end is congratulating her on the ill-gotten rewards from having a cavernous cooze.

t'aint right :bahgawd:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
pinched hosed up nerd face again. Really starting to worry about humanity

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Participants and those 'invested' in the controversy, get in the shame cube.

In addition, anyone who believes that journalistic integrity is at stake ought to have their video games permanently taken away from them.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

They made like one joke about "dongles" and one about "forking someones repo" between themselves. Stupid and immature, maybe, but not something they deserved to get their faces plastered all over the net and subsequently getting fired for.

The sexist shitheads didn't come out of the woodwork until after the story broke.

ymgve fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 21, 2014

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008

Tokamak posted:

Participants and those 'invested' in the controversy, get in the shame cube.

I'm not ashamed of my need to hate people I've never met for reasons a sensible person would find pathetic, so DWI

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
One of the people on the patreon is the Asian guy who did good at Jeopardy, Arthur Chu. I felt this was funny, as well.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

ymgve posted:

They made like one joke about "dongles" and one about "forking someones repo" between themselves. Stupid and immature, maybe, but not something they deserved to get their faces plastered all over the net and subsequently getting fired for.

The sexist shitheads didn't come out of the woodwork until after the story broke.

Yeah but then that women got fired in turn. Hilarity all around.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

cool

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i wish strangers on the internet would send me cash too

cmon guys i want to buy more anime

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
the internet breeds pathetic people. Frankly I can't wait for ISIS to come through and clean up some of tehse fags

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

:effort:

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Someone tell her to donate any extra money back to Doctors Without Borders or something so the money does somebody some good somewhere.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
She probably didn't even get mugged.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

sure you can replace the money, but you can't replace the pbr bottle opener with a magnetic back that i was going to implant on my upper back like the guy in deus ex

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012
Was any evidence ever given for the mugging or was she once of those internet attention seekers that give lame excuses about why they didn't bother reporting the serious crime they suffered?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

GiantAmazonianOtter posted:

She probably didn't even get mugged.

• Locked thread