Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

Has it yet come out that she was loving an engaged-at-the-time Ryan Davis? Because it should. I've got a pretty good track record about predicting his life's failings.

Good info. You should post this in the RGD thread where they praise and celebrate known rapist Max Temkin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

ymgve posted:

- said game is free
Accurate but any excuse to post this is good:

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

Spanish Manlove posted:

if you want I can put the summary in the OP for you guys but it's this:

gross piece of human garbage with BPD and indie game designer, Zoë Quinn (fake name, real umlaut), has a habit of sleeping around and some of the guys she cheated on her boyfriends/husbands with were game journalists. The boy she scorned went around the internet trying to rile up nerds against Quinn, going on reddit, 4chan, and even here. Naturally idiot nerds are either claiming she's a malicious slore who sleeps her way to internet fame, or she's a tender flower who's just being oppressed by the patriarchy.
Either way you skin the cat, don't forget she's disgusting and didn't shower for her second wedding.

People are just sick of pretentious indie game devs too. Fish, Zoe, whatever, it's tiresome to see these guys who can't spend five seconds on making a decent game be labeled as underground hero's of the gaming world and hearing their fair-weather bullshit politic word salads every five seconds. Everyone hates these stupid faggots with their fake rebel yells, and ear plugs, and poo poo tattoos, and human being retarded The Big Bang style skeleton humor telling people nonstop what is right, what's wrong, and why they are so much smarter then you because they ripped some old rear end final fantasy sprites and made a lovely platformer.

Don't get me wrong, a ton of indie games are great! Cave story is a good game. Why do people not make fun of it? It's not because the dev isn't a woman, or black, or trans, its because the game supposed to be fun and didn't jackhammer political speak into your brain every five seconds or have the dev do insane PR moves to promote his/her game. How about Heroine Quest, the FEMALE LEAD version of Hero quest? It was rated great and everyone loved it!

I hate to serious post, but these guys (Rainbow haired human being game devs who tweet all the time) should really understand that maybe, and I'm just throwing this out there, gaming isn't a good median build a soapbox. A book, a movie? Whatever. But this whole SJ in gaming poo poo is getting really played out. Do women need more representation in the video game industry? Sure. Could video companies be an all boys club? Yeah, why not. Can video games be beautiful artistic works of art that make us question things in our lives? I guess, if you are a nerd. It doesn't mean that the people who claim they want to shake up the industry and make progressive changes are good or even competent people. In fact, quite a large amount of them are total losers.

Also...

I'm gay

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/zoe-quinn-slut-shaming-the-feminist-conspiracy-and-depression-quest

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Spanish Manlove posted:

maybe the point you're missing is that there's no side here without fault

That is really the beauty of it all and what allows this poo poo to go on and on and on and on and on

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

Has it yet come out that she was loving an engaged-at-the-time Ryan Davis? Because it should. I've got a pretty good track record about predicting his life's failings.

I don't think we can take any more drama to this story man. It's too much. It's just too much.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

The General posted:

I don't care how big of a slut somebody is, there's no excuse for going online to stir up internet misogyny against them.

Going by her own criteria (which she used as an emotional bludgeon against her boyfriend) she raped her boyfriend multiple times.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

hahaha

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

big duck equals goose posted:

People are just sick of pretentious indie game devs too. Fish, Zoe, whatever, it's tiresome to see these guys who can't spend five seconds on making a decent game be labeled as underground hero's of the gaming world and hearing their fair-weather bullshit politic word salads every five seconds. Everyone hates these stupid faggots with their fake rebel yells, and ear plugs, and poo poo tattoos, and human being retarded The Big Bang style skeleton humor telling people nonstop what is right, what's wrong, and why they are so much smarter then you because they ripped some old rear end final fantasy sprites and made a lovely platformer.

Don't get me wrong, a ton of indie games are great! Cave story is a good game. Why do people not make fun of it? It's not because the dev isn't a woman, or black, or trans, its because the game supposed to be fun and didn't jackhammer political speak into your brain every five seconds or have the dev do insane PR moves to promote his/her game. How about Heroine Quest, the FEMALE LEAD version of Hero quest? It was rated great and everyone loved it!

I hate to serious post, but these guys (Rainbow haired human being game devs who tweet all the time) should really understand that maybe, and I'm just throwing this out there, gaming isn't a good median build a soapbox. A book, a movie? Whatever. But this whole SJ in gaming poo poo is getting really played out. Do women need more representation in the video game industry? Sure. Could video companies be an all boys club? Yeah, why not. Can video games be beautiful artistic works of art that make us question things in our lives? I guess, if you are a nerd. It doesn't mean that the people who claim they want to shake up the industry and make progressive changes are good or even competent people. In fact, quite a large amount of them are total losers.

Also...

I'm gay

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/zoe-quinn-slut-shaming-the-feminist-conspiracy-and-depression-quest

good post and truthful, I'm not joking

Also anyone got the pictures of the two dorklords who made gone home?

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Here's the thing though: now she's pretty famous. If she actually has talent as a game developer she really doesn't have to do any work for publicity when she comes out with a new game. People have already heard of her and enjoy judging her so they'll be more willing to try the game. It's the same poo poo with teen pop stars who do crazy stupid things because of puberty. As long as they don't go to jail for murder or some poo poo it really doesn't matter how low they sink because if they can pull it together in a few years and release a decent album there are hordes of people who are going to put the mic in front of them.

Also why are there gaming journalists? You put the disc into the tray and you kill time. There's absolutely nothing to it.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

The Landstander posted:

Accurate but any excuse to post this is good:

even better:

her ex going bananas literally doubled her monthly income

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

big duck equals goose posted:

Also...

I'm gay

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I think it's insanely cool, and good, that calling a rapist a rapist is misogyny when the rapist is a woman, but justice when it's a man.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
nvm found them

these people made gone home

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Brannock posted:

Going by her own criteria (which she used as an emotional bludgeon against her boyfriend) she raped her boyfriend multiple times.

The internet isn't the place to take your lovers quarrel. Unless it's something like our own E/N, where you post your problems and everybody calls you a dipshit and maybe you see the light, or maybe you post a banme or whatever. Also, can I get a link to that rape stuff? Kinda curious if I'll eat my own words.

Raising an internet levy to harass somebody is never the right answer, it's a disgusting practice. That poo poo is ridiculous.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

None of these shitlords even make fun games

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Spanish Manlove posted:

nvm found them

Hipster doofuses but probably cool to hang out with and probably also not totally insane.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fried Watermelon posted:

good point

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Fried Watermelon posted:

gently caress you fez owned

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Spanish Manlove posted:

nvm found them

hahahahaha

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

The General posted:

The internet isn't the place to take your lovers quarrel. Unless it's something like our own E/N, where you post your problems and everybody calls you a dipshit and maybe you see the light, or maybe you post a banme or whatever. Also, can I get a link to that rape stuff? Kinda curious if I'll eat my own words.

Raising an internet levy to harass somebody is never the right answer, it's a disgusting practice. That poo poo is ridiculous.

the backlash against quinn is insanely misogynistic but she's also a really really awful person so lmfao at everyone involved

the guy's manifesto about how quinn systematically abused him, gaslighted him, and raped him is like 8000 pages long and super beta and selfimportant http://thezoepost.wordpress.com/ and i guess misogynistic too bc he Aired Dirty Laundry On The Internet (just like max temkin's accuser and basically anyone else who comes out revealing poo poo about a prominent figure)

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Spanish Manlove posted:

nvm found them

anime marxism.jpg

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

what the gently caress is gaslighting?

rainy day
Jul 20, 2009

by Ralp

Spanish Manlove posted:

nvm found them

This is what the average portlander looks like so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

geke rowsperg posted:

That's not a real word. Are you sure you're not mistaken? Are you OK? I don't think you're quite well. You should seek medical attention. How old are you? Prodromal schizophrenia usually strikes in one's 20s.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Spanish Manlove posted:

nvm found them

they dont even have facial piercings how can they be indie game devs?

are we sure they dont work for ea

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

geke rowsperg posted:

i don't know why you're asking about gaslighting, i never brought up gaslighting in the first place. u sure you're okay? did you read something else and get confused? please don't bring this up again, you've been bringing this up all the time and it's a lil insane okay??

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Al Cowens posted:

That's not a real word. Are you sure you're not mistaken? Are you OK? I don't think you're quite well. You should seek medical attention. How old are you? Prodromal schizophrenia usually strikes in one's 20s.

:mad:

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brannock posted:

I think it's insanely cool, and good, that calling a rapist a rapist is misogyny when the rapist is a woman, but justice when it's a man.

Misogyny is the Internet equivalent to resisting arrest. Most of the time it just gets tacked on to the list of charges any time the perpetrator is black/male.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Brannock posted:

does that make all cucks rape fetishists or what

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Brannock posted:

the backlash against quinn is insanely misogynistic but she's also a really really awful person so lmfao at everyone involved

the guy's manifesto about how quinn systematically abused him, gaslighted him, and raped him is like 8000 pages long and super beta and selfimportant http://thezoepost.wordpress.com/ and i guess misogynistic too bc he Aired Dirty Laundry On The Internet (just like max temkin's accuser and basically anyone else who comes out revealing poo poo about a prominent figure)

iirc the rape thing is that they both agreed that : "If you cheat on me without me knowing, than I can't really give my consent for us 2 loving cause I don't know that you cheat on me. Thus if you gently caress me while having cheated on me, it's rape"

This is apparently a discussion they had before the cucking.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Brannock posted:

I like to think that sex addicts who cheat and have unprotected sex with their partners deserve some sort of public shaming though. She's like a walking CDC lab.

Dec 26, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

nvm found them

lmao

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
militant outspoken internet feminist loves rape and playing rough like usual

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

geke rowsperg posted:

i'm feeling a little attacked by your tone

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

rainy day posted:

This is what the average portlander looks like so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

i'm scoffing at someone not in their tweens wearing a clash shirt

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

turnways posted:

does that make all cucks rape fetishists or what

proper cucking is openly known and agreed upon/consented to

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

Spanish Manlove posted:

nvm found them

aka "invade EVERYONE'S privacy while somehow being locked out of half of your own house"

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Brannock posted:

proper cucking is openly known and agreed upon/consented to

Old school noncon cucking is much more amusing and we should bring back the horn symbolism for the cuck'd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

jalopybrown posted:

Old school noncon cucking is much more amusing and we should bring back the horn symbolism for the cuck'd

hook 'em

• Locked thread