Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Wait did that guy just try to claim that the Spiker was good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

A Winner is Jew posted:

Speaking of which...

No way. No. There's no loving way someone is calling the Spiker overpowered. i i cant

help me :psyboom:

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
that's...not what was said?

there's some serious attachment to this TR OPINIONS ARE poo poo thing in this thread

edit: the mag scatter and spiker are weak overall, but do a thing pretty good

the AMP is weak overall but doesnt have a thing it does well really.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 21, 2014

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I dunno. Calling the Spiker good is just about the same as saying it's OP.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

that's...not what was said?

there's some serious attachment to this TR OPINIONS ARE poo poo thing in this thread

quote:

The VS get the spiker can insta-gib at close range with a split second charge up

That sounds suspiciously close to him implying its OP

and TR opinions generally are poo poo

have you read what they say about their own guns, some of which are default guns for them that I'd pay real cash for

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
that was a factual statement that is literally 100% true

:|

if that = SPIKER OVERPOWERED you are dumb in the head

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Well gosh, if it can insta gib in a split second then why don't I just use that instead of the commissioner.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

I've been using it just today and it doesn't seem weak. It kills people pretty quick with a little BRRT to the chest and that's all I ever wanted it to do. Even went on a killsteak with it with my heavy.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Because insta gibbing isn't really all that useful!

But at least it's a thing that is occasionally useful.

quote:

I've been using it just today and it doesn't seem weak. It kills people pretty quick with a little BRRT to the chest and that's all I ever wanted it to do. Even went on a killsteak with it with my heavy.
It's not pathetic, it's just not very good because of the tiny mag combined with the bloom. I end up 1-2 hits short all the time if i use it as anything but a finisher. But I hate clicking so i still prefer it to the repeater!

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Aug 21, 2014

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Gonkish posted:

gently caress it, put active radar missiles in the game and make them super OP just to watch the airspergs ragequit en masse. Instant game improvement in one fell swoop.

Hell, all you'd need to do to get the airspergs to ragequit would make aircraft actually behave vaguely like aircraft. The hissyfits they throw when you so much as mention slightly changing how their pretty princess airborne space ballerina ufo battles work is hilarious.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

It does the same thing the Magscatter and a charged Spiker does - instantly kills some poor dude at >2m. It does just does it with a different noise.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I was considering buying a helmet but they almost all look universally awful on the female NC player model :shrug:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The AMP is pretty much poo poo though. But so are the other two. They're all lovely ganker pistols that are worse than other faction options if you are either decent at clicking (Repeater, Beamer, Desperado) or aiming (all the others).

TR posting about how bad the AMP is are technically correct. Suggesting the Mag-Scatter or Spiker are really any better is where a line gets crossed, because they suck too.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Eonwe posted:

I'm gonna go out on a ledge and say that most of the "TR want OP as gently caress poo poo" came from TE. There are non-terrible TR posters. Hell that's probably why there isn't a goon TR group, TR is just mocked because TE existed. Our more masochistic goons have found plenty of "we want OP poo poo" posters on NC and VS, like c'mon even Arghy wants no dropoff for VS guns.

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Fart Car '97 posted:

I was considering buying a helmet but they almost all look universally awful on the female NC player model :shrug:

Get the bandana. You can join Sir Charles and I in looking swag as hell.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
nc that wear the bandanna look dumb as poo poo and i feel terrible when i die to one of them

so i guess that's as good of a motivating factor as anything

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Eonwe posted:

That sounds suspiciously close to him implying its OP

have you read what they say about their own guns, some of which are default guns for them that I'd pay real cash for

Trawling the brown sea for lovely opinions is hilarious until you start taking those opinions seriously. poo poo, we've had plenty of VS posters claim that the Terminus is bad because it doesn't have 10 more bullets, that the phaseshift sucks, that ZOE wasn't OP, the PPA is balanced and on and on and on. Long story short? Most people's opinions on videogames suck, not just forumside TR, get over it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

o muerte posted:

Trawling the brown sea for lovely opinions is hilarious until you start taking those opinions seriously. poo poo, we've had plenty of VS posters claim that the Terminus is bad because it doesn't have 10 more bullets, that the phaseshift sucks, that ZOE wasn't OP, the PPA is balanced and on and on and on. Long story short? Most people's opinions on videogames suck, not just forumside TR, get over it.

I never said that it was exclusive, just that in general TR opinions are bad. I stand by that, because they have weapons that get almost no use that I'd pay cash for. Planetside has a terrible community anyway, I'd never dispute that there are people who think that the ZOE shouldn't have been nerfed.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

o muerte posted:

Phaseshift does suck, just because a few people have managed to find a niche for it doesn't all of the sudden make it amazing. Its a sniper rifle so their all pretty much in the same group except the phaseshift has no bullet drop and infinite ammo which are 2 very distinct down sides that sniper rifles normally deal with. The no sway BASR's are hands down better then the phaseshift in every situation but a few. Another unique sniper rifle is the TRAP which is basically a super no sway BASR.

Yes the terminus is a cycler with 10 less rounds, better accuracy and slightly faster RoF, does it deserve to be worth 1000 certs? nope. The PPA is balanced, the marauder/can needs some serious tweaking. Just because you have to change your play style to deal with poo poo doesn't mean its loving OP. I'll remind you a NC max will loving wreck your face up close so you engage them from a distance and run like gently caress when see one charging you. A SAW will loving wreck your face at 50m+ this just means try to get closer or keep moving when attacking one. At the height of ZOE even VS were saying it didn't need movement+dmg bonus and it was mostly due to lovely net code and hit boxes that ZOE was OP, if everything worked fine you'd be able to wreck ADAD ZOE maxes.

Your defending people who said the vulcan was fine when it would 1 clip libs and absolutely destroyed every loving vehicle for months. They not only defended strikers they loving said they sucked. They complained that the lynx/TROQ suck and still do.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Fart Car '97 posted:

I use heavy cloth for my female NC character on Connery. It's the only one I really like.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The Terminus is good, but it's also a 1000 cert version of the T1 Cycler. It's also VS' best faction-specific AR, right up there with the NS-11A (heh). Basically, the only reason people bitch about the Terminus is because VS ARs, in general, range from incredibly mediocre (HV-45, CME) to bad (Pulsar, Equinox), and the Terminus is the lone exception to that rule. Even then, I'd trade SPA and some RoF for ten more rounds in a mag in an instant. I don't even consider that a choice.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 21, 2014

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

http://www.gfycat.com/OptimisticTallGoldenmantledgroundsquirrel

:owned:

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Fart Car '97 posted:

Either Heavy Cloth or Djinni will make you look pretty good as a slender assassin type. Just don't wear them as HA since they clash horribly with the rough square pauldrons (and thigh plate, if wearing armour); I use the Analyst helmet there because it's free, but ideally you'd want one of the gazillion square-ish tin-can type helmets.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
The Terminus will go on sale. Someday... :smith:

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

plehsistential posted:

this is why the commissar hat owns

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Has anyone ever auraxed claymore/prox/bouncing betty for a different faction?

wei
Jul 27, 2006

Nakar posted:

The Terminus will go on sale. Someday... :smith:

It's going to be great day because it'll mean the TROSS and TORQ will be on sale!

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

uncurable mlady posted:

nc that wear the bandanna look dumb as poo poo and i feel terrible when i die to one of them

so i guess that's as good of a motivating factor as anything

You have bad opinions. The only hat in the game that can cause me to switch my headgear will be the cowboy hat. (Higby please, release the cowboy hat. The NC needs it)

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Eonwe posted:

I've silvered Bouncing Betties on my VS guy because NC loves to lay those things just about everywhere.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Can HAs earn directive points for air deterence in a skyguard or tower turret?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
It's based on ribbons, so I believe so.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Trying not to provoke any balance chat here, what are some good mid-long range LMGs for TR? I helped a TR friend today and he was asking what some good long range guns were, I listed the AMR, TORQ, SABR, AMC, and Cougar but I don't know what's good for LMGs at long range. I told him the Bull was the AMC but worse and then after the fact thought of the NS-15m and TMG-50 but I don't know how effective those actually are.

Eonwe posted:

I *think* I have a copper medal for the Shrike on my VS main from shooting dudes with their launchers out who then panic backpedal into cover and kill themselves.

Chillgamesh fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 21, 2014

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Eonwe posted:

Well gosh, if it can insta gib in a split second then why don't I just use that instead of the commissioner.

E-honour

Tempest_56 posted:

It does the same thing the Magscatter and a charged Spiker does - instantly kills some poor dude at >2m. It does just does it with a different noise.

Is this the official forums? The Magscatter actually has one of the worst TTKs among all pistols. It doesn't even farm ragetells and thus is pointless :(

Eonwe posted:

I've got silver for prox mines I think, it was pretty surprising to see pop up

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Ha! Can I play?

http://gfycat.com/ScrawnyThunderousFerret

:dance:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Heaven Spacey posted:

Trying not to provoke any balance chat here, what are some good mid-long range LMGs for TR? I helped a TR friend today and he was asking what some good long range guns were, I listed the AMR, TORQ, SABR, AMC, and Cougar but I don't know what's good for LMGs at long range. I told him the Bull was the AMC but worse and then after the fact thought of the NS-15m and TMG-50 but I don't know how effective those actually are.
First of all, if you're going to be at like 30-40m+ range just use the loving Battle Rifles, they are the bees' knees at that sort of thing and better than pissing ammo with LMGs. That said, the right answers are:
  • MSW-R with Forward Grip. Basically the all-rounder, is perfectly usable out to midrange and excellent up close. Kind of how the Orion used to be, but without 75% ADS.
  • Bull is the most accurate all-around TR LMG and is slightly better than the NS-15M at most things but lacks the 75% ADS. Either of them is a pretty decent choice.
  • TMG-50 is pretty okay, but I wouldn't full auto with it at a distance. Take advantage of the high recoil recovery to do shorter bursts.
  • The CARV is actually usable at longer ranges if you just spray and pray with like 10-12 round bursts. Learn the lead and just fart clouds of bullets in their direction, at least a couple are sure to hit.
  • Seriously just use the AMR-66 and Resist Shield when fighting at mid-long range, it gives you an absurd advantage over almost everything.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Heaven Spacey posted:

For fights that are going to be outside and at ranges beyond 30m my go to gun is the TMG=50. Its is really quite good and better than most of the NC 167 dmg weapons in my opinion.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Fart Car '97 posted:

I use the Rough Rider helmet and it looks fine on non-Infiltrator classes. It also kinda looks like Master Chief's** helmet.

Disclaimer: My character is a man.

*Mt. Dew and Doritos not included.

**Seriously:

I'm waiting for the Phoenix helmet but apparently SOE hates money or something.

o muerte
Dec 13, 2008

Heaven Spacey posted:

The TMG is really the only option, most TR things are tuned to mid/close range. The Bull, CARV-S and NS-15 are the best mid-range guns for accurate damage projection (the Rhino is a worse bull with more bullets in the mag) and the CARV and MSW are the close-range DPS machines.

I wouldn't use any of them outside 2x range unless you like playing RNG the FPS.

The best part of this is the second shot clearly hitting the magrider and .. not registering. :negative:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

o muerte posted:

The best part of this is the second shot clearly hitting the magrider and .. not registering. :negative:

It does register, the poor .gif is losing some frames here. Open the link and you can see the hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

It clearly registers, you can see a hit marker. That was MLG as gently caress.

• Locked thread