Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Tim Heidecker, Chelsea Peretti, and some boring rear end musician.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Kulap is a great host imo. But yeah I wouldn't call her funny. Like people have said tho, she doesn't seem like she's trying to be either. And she's a good comedic actress. so shrug

I would like Who Charted way better if Kulap were the main host and Howard was the sidekick. Howard is a terrible host but as long as he's not taking about that summer poo poo he's pretty funny as a guest.

e: thought I was at the end of the thread. I WAS WRONG. oh well. also my dream lineup is a solo bolo with PFT. not playing a character.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 22, 2014

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Here's my dream setup: guest host cyber thug, primary guest St Vincent, James Adomian doing the food critic guy ONLY!!, Matt Besser as Hooch the Mooch, and a special appearance by John Daly as a guy who won't ever stop yelling.

If Adomian is going to be the food critic, Besser should be Bjork so they can talk more about pulled Bjork sandwiches.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I'd like Werner Herzog and the Stallone brothers.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
The Calvins Twins and the person donating has to be in character as a horse for 95 minutes.

Edit: The horse's name must be "If Mandy Patinkin Was a Horse"

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Papa's Delicate Condition :colbert:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

a worthy uhh posted:

Papa's Delicate Condition :colbert:

Old Felcher

Has anyone done an oral history of just the Van Hammersly skit? I want to know which writers came up with which names (I'm guessing "Batman: The Horse" was Scott's, since he loves Batdance.)

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I think the perfect group would have to include Odenkirk and Neil Campbell as their unique brands of character where the bit's specificity and stupidity is most of the joke.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

ManoliIsFat posted:

I think the perfect group would have to include Odenkirk and Neil Campbell as their unique brands of character where the bit's specificity and stupidity is most of the joke.
If we're fantasy casting dream episodes, Neil Campbell, Paul F Tompkins, and Don't Stop or We'll Die.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Here's my dream setup: guest host cyber thug, primary guest St Vincent, James Adomian doing the food critic guy ONLY!!, Matt Besser as Hooch the Mooch, and a special appearance by John Daly as a guy who won't ever stop yelling.

Hana Mae Lee doing impressions throughout.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
I haven't given this too much thought, but I think Jon Gabrus and Joe Wengert would be pretty good. Joe Wengert does really weird characters and Jon Gabrus is super sharp so I figure they'd play off of each other nicely.

edit: Horatio Sanz for Joe Wengert would also be a good.

drainpipe fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 22, 2014

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Ideal guests: Nathan Fielder, Tim Heidecker and Todd Glass.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Here's some info: you just got hosed. Clean yourself up.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Amy Poehler and John Hamm and I pitch them my sitcom idea for an hour, they can't leave!

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Amy Poehler and John Hamm and I pitch them my sitcom idea for an hour, they can't leave!

Hahahaha

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Here's some info: you just got hosed. Clean yourself up.

Me and my buddies just float around a pool, and we'll get out and mow down on some bread or something

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

That has nothing to do with Quackers Featherbeaks Cuckoo Caper

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

You know who's into chemicals?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

FordPRefectLL posted:

I listened to this at work yesterday and even though it was quite possibly the dumbest joke in the world I was struggling to suppress my laughter. My God, it was "We met underneath a bridge" taken to the nth degree.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Yeah, I was standing in a crowded Walmart and looked like an idiot.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

FordPRefectLL posted:

The alkaline trio bit really took it over the top for me

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
This thread seems as good a place as any to post this: Ben Schwartz is doing a livestream of himself watching the Simpsons marathon along with a long-time Simpsons writer and a bunch of guests. Currently Neil Campbell, apparently Scott Aukerman and Adam Pally are coming later.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed Gino. He came out of nowhere. I've only heard one other episode with him and I don't remember him being nearly that quick or funny. I think the Kulaugh helped though, same as how PFT's chortle makes things funnier.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

VagueRant posted:

I thoroughly enjoyed Gino. He came out of nowhere. I've only heard one other episode with him and I don't remember him being nearly that quick or funny. I think the Kulaugh helped though, same as how PFT's chortle makes things funnier.

Listen to the swsx episode with gabrus, besser, and bronger. Gabrus and besser are on fire in that

cams
Mar 28, 2003

GraPar posted:

This thread seems as good a place as any to post this: Ben Schwartz is doing a livestream of himself watching the Simpsons marathon along with a long-time Simpsons writer and a bunch of guests. Currently Neil Campbell, apparently Scott Aukerman and Adam Pally are coming later.
Scottie Ox just showed up.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

cams posted:

Scottie Ox just showed up.

And he looks like he'd rather be anywhere else right now, i'm saying he likes chemicals.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

mennoknight posted:

And he looks like he'd rather be anywhere else right now, i'm saying he likes chemicals.
To be fair, having a bunch of people in a room staring at a screen playing Simpsons on mute while they have a conversation with someone on Ben's phone is kinda dumb.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
on mute? the hell kind of marathon is that?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Urk! posted:

on mute? the hell kind of marathon is that?

As soon as they started they realised there was like a minute delay between the stream and people's TVs so I think they just muted it after a while and talked to characters and people that worked on the show instead

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Youtube is also very strict about copyrighted material so even having the audio from full episodes, as distorted as it would be when people talk over it, is a no-no.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Am I really the only one who wants a solo bolo with PFT?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Paul F Tompkins hasn't been on the show enough for me to know if that's a good idea.

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
I'd definitely enjoy it, but the year-end episodes are kind of a version of that already.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

FordPRefectLL posted:

Paul F Tompkins hasn't been on the show enough for me to know if that's a good idea.

True. He's kind of an unknown. That's a good point.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
This pic of LL makes my heart warm

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Does Scott ask Harris's question this episode?

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I got 29 minutes into the last episode (up to them making a comparison to Walter White fifty times in a row) and I hate, hate, hate it. Does it get any better (for someone who is allergic to Harris Wittels) or should I just let this one go?

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
If you didn't find that moment hilarious you should probably just skip the episode.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Get the gently caress out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

VagueRant posted:

I got 29 minutes into the last episode (up to them making a comparison to Walter White fifty times in a row) and I hate, hate, hate it. Does it get any better (for someone who is allergic to Harris Wittels) or should I just let this one go?

This post is so crazy you must be on some kind of chemicals..

It's like this guy's Walter White over here!!!