Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

qbert posted:

I actually would've preferred an Erin comedy bit to Dan and Jeff's Political Corner.
What if the choice was Dan & Jeff's Political Corner vs Erin Reads Stuff About Robin Williams From Her Teenage E-Mail Journal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp

Illinois Smith posted:

What if the choice was Dan & Jeff's Political Corner vs Erin Reads Stuff About Robin Williams From Her Teenage E-Mail Journal?

*Hits unsubscribe*

radlum
May 13, 2013

qbert posted:

I actually would've preferred an Erin comedy bit to Dan and Jeff's Political Corner.

I agree. At least as entertainment, bad comedy is better than bad political commentary, specially regarding sensitive issues.

At least Kumail was there, he is usually the most reasonable one in the podcast.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Really great d&d in this ep.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
113 - FlagCop

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
So has Goldberg been completely neutered or has he accepted not being wanted on stage? Also, HT is totally hosed if Erin moves on. Dan's dark spiral would be entertaining though.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

Sithsaber posted:

So has Goldberg been completely neutered or has he accepted not being wanted on stage? Also, HT is totally hosed if Erin moves on. Dan's dark spiral would be entertaining though.

He's mentioned that he doesn't have the same compulsion to go up on stage as he's had before. The last few times Adam's appeared have been when he's deliberately brought up on stage, but I guess he still shouts things out since he's still being called out. I can never really hear what he's yelling anyway, so it doesn't bother me.

Anyway, the episode went down smooth like a tall, cool glass of my own piss, and a theme park staffed entirely by people who owe the company money due to piracy sounds like a simultaneously great and terrible idea.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I'm a big fan of Real Abed, but I'm glad he's not on every episode.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
I wish DeMorge would take over Erin's character forever.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

MY ABACUS! posted:

I wish DeMorge would take over Erin's character forever.

He's great. I found Real Abed to be pretty insufferable, though.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

The Berzerker posted:

He's great. I found Real Abed to be pretty insufferable, though.

I was referring to Real Abed in my brain as Proto-Goldberg.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Brekelefuw posted:

I was referring to Real Abed in my brain as Proto-Goldberg.

People like Real Abed and find him talented. People dislike Goldberg and sarcastically tolerate his presence. The two are not comparable.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Spencer just quietly giggling to himself over Obama & Real Abed's buddy cop antics was delightful.

COOLGUY TRUE
Jan 7, 2005

Too True! Cool, too.
Spencer laughing at Real Abed makes me laugh. I thought he was pretty funny too, some of his lines hit really hard.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Consumer Reporter posted:

Spencer laughing at Real Abed makes me laugh. I thought he was pretty funny too, some of his lines hit really hard.

How long have you been in this little cart?

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
I thought it was hilarious when they mentioned Real Abed always loaning out copies of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace to everyone he's met.

I worked with Real Abed for a couple months back in 2006. And sure enough, he excitedly gave me a copy of Darkplace, that I still have buried in a spindle somewhere.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Sithsaber posted:

Also, HT is totally hosed if Erin moves on. Dan's dark spiral would be entertaining though.

What happened to Erin? A messy breakup would be the one thing that could make Community season 6 worth watching.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Irish Joe posted:

What happened to Erin? A messy breakup would be the one thing that could make Community season 6 worth watching.

Ah yes. I too wish for two people to be miserable so that a comedy series I actively hate would become watchable, I guess? What are you even saying? Why do you still post here?

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
She's taken breaks before. I would not prefer Abed to Erin for any stretch of time.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Takoluka posted:

Ah yes. I too wish for two people to be miserable so that a comedy series I actively hate would become watchable, I guess? What are you even saying? Why do you still post here?

To your first point, I'm glad we're in agreement.

As to your second, human beings generally have the mental capacity to like something as a whole despite disliking particular aspects of it. I enjoy Harmontown as a whole and want to talk about it, you massive, blubbering baby.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

Irish Joe posted:

I disagree. The last time that happened the result was depressing, half-baked episodes about how everyone should indulge Abed no matter how bad he gets.

JesusFists
Feb 14, 2005

ong-time listener, first-time caller.

So, it's pretty cool that they're going to start livestreaming the podcast. Might even make this thread more entertaining!

Edit: we can tell Adam to shut up in real time

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Really? That's awesome. I love The Chris Gethard Show, and watching it live is great, but sometimes I can't watch live, so I watch it later on a Youtube channel. This will basically make Harmontown similar to TCGS, so that rules. Live when I can, podcast when I can't.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

JesusFists posted:

So, it's pretty cool that they're going to start livestreaming the podcast. Might even make this thread more entertaining!

Where'd you hear this?

Apple Mummy
Oct 11, 2012

For a feminist Jeff sure loves raping things in D&D a lot.

JesusFists
Feb 14, 2005

ong-time listener, first-time caller.

Golden Bee posted:

Where'd you hear this?

It's at the very end of the interview with Dan Harmon and Spencer on this episode of NerdPlay, an otherwise insufferably annoying "nerd culture" podcast in a radio morning zoo format. (I think either Dan or Spencer retweeted the link to the episode.) For those wanting to save their ears, the interview with Dan starts around 8 minutes in, Spencer comes on at 20 minutes in, and the blurb about the newly coming Harmontown website starts at 23:20.

The gist of the new Harmontown info (most @ 19:00 in) is that there's going to be a 15-city Harmontown documentary screening tour starting in October, hitting most of the same cities from the original tour, and at many a podcast will also be recorded. Spencer will be there for all of them, and Jeff and Erin will be there for most, and there'll be guests to fill in - Dino will be comptrolling in Seattle, for instance. And there's a revamped website coming "very soon" where you'll be able to subscribe to a livestream.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Things got real awkward with the girl they paid 100 bucks to fetch them ice and vodka. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT

Schrab is the best and this appearance finally made me remember to buy SCUD: The Whole Shebang

Oh yeah, what the gently caress were you yelling / kneeling in the aisle about for five minutes Goldberg? Just stop it.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Sep 2, 2014

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
If she had a mic stand, she could more easily pour vodka. It was hard to get this across with Jeff yelling his face off.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I didn't even notice the new episode because I was too busy, not laboring on Labor Day.

114 - Slick Rick & The Batman

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

How was that episode not called Alligator Lincoln

e: mods please change my name to Alligator Lincoln tia.

The Berzerker fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Sep 2, 2014

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

I often find myself wondering if the weird, barely-concealed awkwardness of the group dynamics is a hindrance or the main reason I listen. At least Schrab was fantastic.

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

"Farce... You'll always be the brony of my heart"
Samahiel, August 30 2013
I can't wait for more D&D to see if Jeff was serious in his vow to kill Erin's new character.

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!

Moronic Farce posted:

I can't wait for more D&D to see if Jeff was serious in his vow to kill Erin's new character.

God, I hope so.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Happy Eighth of September!

115 - Oh, the Blimpery!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dan harmon needs to shut the gently caress up about the second season of the wire

jesus loving christ

Unmature
May 9, 2008

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

dan harmon needs to shut the gently caress up about the second season of the wire

jesus loving christ

A guy whose entire life revolves around making TV obsesses about TV? Ya don't say.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

jesus loving christ

To be fair, I imagine that's a common reaction to season 2 for first time watch-throughs of The Wire.

Wait 'til he finds out there's an entire season without McNulty.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Knowing Dan, though, the 'legalizing drugs solves every social ill and leads to world peace' storyline is right up his alley.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I don't know about you guys but I loved this week's episode. D&D was also great. I thought it would be a bad episode since none of the regulars were there besides Dan and Spencer but it was actually pretty refreshing to not listen to Jeff and Erin snark at each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

The Berzerker posted:

I don't know about you guys but I loved this week's episode. D&D was also great. I thought it would be a bad episode since none of the regulars were there besides Dan and Spencer but it was actually pretty refreshing to not listen to Jeff and Erin snark at each other.

I totally agree. Lots of funny stories, but the highlight for me was when Dan almost endorsed Rahowa by accident.