Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

NadaTooma posted:

I've read so many pages and I'm still confused

why would anyone pay money and/or look at ads in order to hear somebody else's opinions about video games

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=191

:synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The General
Mar 4, 2007

beep by grandpa posted:

I just went to google so loving hard because I wanted this to be true but in my heart I believed it wasn't and lmfaoooo

https://twitter.com/reverendanthony/status/465308791165030402

what a loving loser holy poo poo.

holy poo poo.

This is the drama that keeps on giving. :toot:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Wait, that's Fez? I thought Fez was that old PS2 game about the wire-frame guy that came with a vibrator.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

boom boom boom posted:

Wait, that's Fez? I thought Fez was that old PS2 game about the wire-frame guy that came with a vibrator.

That's venerable gaming icon Rez

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!

:hellyeah:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

That's Rez, and IMHO dualshock itself is pretty vibratory. Lots of ways to make it vibrate forever.

Fez is a boring puzzle game with groundbreaking gameplay like needing a $600 phone.

Edit: I guess a several hundred dollar tablet or ipod would work too. In theory you could use a digital camera I guess?
Recreate it pixel by pixel in mspaint

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Brannock posted:

That's venerable gaming icon Rez

goddamn. All this time I'd thought Phil Fish was at least famous for making a good game.

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
just play the wii paper mario game it's better

Nice Reddit Account
Nov 27, 2013

by XyloJW

boom boom boom posted:

Wait, that's Fez?

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

also better

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Finally somebody posted a would for me.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!
I personally don't care who she slept with or what lives she ruined with her fat sea pig vagina, that's between her and them.

What keeps me reading this entire drama saga is the greasy poo poo she did to promote herself, kill any press degrading from her rising star and destroying other people's businesses(charity) to pocket monies for herself.

That's a pretty rotten person on the inside; penis or no penis.

Like somebody had posted 30 pages ago now, if she had apologized for all the greasy poo poo saying things got away from herself and her ego went unchecked for too long and all the press people(Phil Fish, Marty Stouffer, Ferda White Knight John, Blue Haired Delicate Guy, Guy who looks like he's on acid) all said 'we hosed up and crossed some lines' Nobody would have cared and nobody we be this deep into this drama.

Instead it is a train wreck I can't look away from, as people on Reddit posted before it got deleted by another questionable mod over there "Streisand effect in full force"

I don't think an internet-drama-fan-fiction could be written any better then how this thing has unfolded, it just has so many charismatic characters.

Sadly for Fil Phish, I think his end is going to be a tightly tied rope and then we're all going to feel a little bad for not pre-ordering Fez 2

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

The General posted:

Finally somebody posted a would for me.

Please, Hyde was totally cuter.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Brannock posted:

I really like how social justice was hot hot hot on something awful like 3 years before it went full mainstream and now we all hate it and think everyone is idiot for it

SA really is the hipster zone of the internet, we even hate the poo poo out of reddit (which basically 99% of internet savvy 20-30somethings browse regularly)

basically lol at everything because life is cool and good

The thing is you used to get banned/probated for going against it in GBS 1.0. It's still pretty big on subforums like Games (e.g. gamers.txt is usually goons literally shaking over pointless poo poo like a gamefaqs poster saying "zelda is hot", other threads like the LoL thread have those videogame sexism discussion once in a while), TV/IV (e.g. goons shat themselves over another goon saying a female character is hot a couple of months ago) or D&D (gently caress going there so I don't have examples for this one).

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bitter Beard posted:

I personally don't care who she slept with or what lives she ruined with her fat sea pig vagina, that's between her and them.

What keeps me reading this entire drama saga is the greasy poo poo she did to promote herself, kill any press degrading from her rising star and destroying other people's businesses(charity) to pocket monies for herself.

Like somebody had posted 30 pages ago now, if she had apologized for all the greasy poo poo saying things got away from herself and her ego went unchecked for too long and all the press people(Phil Fish, Marty Stouffer, Ferda White Knight John, Blue Haired Delicate Guy, Guy who looks like he's on acid) all said 'we hosed up and crossed some lines' Nobody would have cared and nobody we be this deep into this drama.

Instead it is a train wreck I can't look away from, as people on Reddit posted before it got deleted by another questionable mod over there "Streisand effect in full force"

I don't think an internet-drama-fan-fiction could be written any better then how this thing has unfolded, it just has so many charismatic characters.

Sadly for Fil Phish, I think his end is going to be a tightly tied rope and then we're all going to feel a little bad for not pre-ordering Fez 2

Haha wait what?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
funniest thing was when someone posted "you're a pedophile" in a brony thread where a shitload of current posters posted (including a mod) and aatrek answered "ugh" and banned

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

the internet is probably the worst invention

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Haha wait what?

She tried to ruin a scholarship opportunity type deal for 5 aspiring game developers that were all women from happening because she couldn't figure out a way to just steal the money herself and she was doing her own "jam" that it took attention away from

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
The paypal for her game jam also happens to be her own personal paypal, too

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

She tried to ruin a scholarship opportunity type deal for 5 aspiring game developers that were all women from happening because she couldn't figure out a way to just steal the money herself and she was doing her own "jam" that it took attention away from

I believe I read that the paypal donations for her planned jam are going into her personal account.

Edit: gently caress. Beaten :smith:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Please, Hyde was totally cuter.

If you're into the scientology thing.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Bitter Beard posted:

Like the initial "story" wasn't even that bad.

Yeah she slept around with people in the industry, but just because she did doesn't mean she did it just to advance her career. The industry is her main social circle and if she's going to make some poor morale choices, well those are the people she's going to do it with. People sleep together for a whole slew of reasons which don't necessarily involve trading sex for favors.

As for Nathan Grayson, he did commit an ethical violation but there's a real point that he never specifically covered her game. He's written articles where her game is mentioned, or even mentioned prominently, and while this did up her profile there's no reason he wouldn't cover her even if he wasn't sleeping with her. Yeah he should have removed himself from writing these pieces and is a bit of a hypocrite, but really all that is expected is a small apology and the expectation he won't cover her anymore.

However the way they've dealt with it along with their supporters has been incredibly disgusting and insane. They really have turned this from a minor event no one would have cared about into a massive poo poo fest that's probably going to burn down PAX itself.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

would of been funny if she got pregnant

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

toggle posted:

would of been funny if she got pregnant

Best Maury ever.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Philippe, you're the father.

That is goddamn it! Fez 2 is cancelled now!

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
78 serious pages about an indie game developer who hosed a reporter and some other employee, cool !

Mattjpwns
Dec 14, 2006

In joyful strains then let us sing
ADVANCE AUSTRALIA FUCKED

Shadoer posted:

Like the initial "story" wasn't even that bad.

It's pretty dumb how the Internet has gone all "omg game journalism integrity" when really the initial story was all about gaslighting, abuse and going "hey, this person presenting themselves as a paragon of virtue, fairness and equality is actually being a loving awful person, fyi".

But hey, Internet drama isn't anywhere near as hilarious when it doesn't devolve into polarising "issues" that are tangentially related to the original incident, resulting in all parties throwing poo poo at each other.

In summary, :f5:.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

If this girl is a goon did she sleep with lowtax for platinum? Is he doing let's plays of her games? Come clean lowtax. We demand to know the truth.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

jaegerx posted:

If this girl is a goon did she sleep with lowtax for platinum? Is he doing let's plays of her games? Come clean lowtax. We demand to know the truth.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

I think I got a really good vision for my RPG of this.

Joey Winn's Quest
==================

You are Joey Winn, an aspiring game developer. You like making games and are trying to break into an industry dominated by men and have just gotten a job at a new indie game company. However your boss wants to sleep with you.

Part 1: Sexual Harassment in the workplace, sleep with your boss or not.

Part 2: Game Jam disaster, sleep with reporter or not.

Part 3: Joey Winn start's making Robin Williams Quest to help people understand suicide. However it's not getting green lit. Gul Dukat advises her to go and frame the 30 year old virgins of Sorcerer Chan to cause controversy in order to get the game Green Lit. If she chooses to do this, it works and Sorcerer Chan commits mass suicide and the game is Green Lit. Otherwise she puts a lot of work into it and it's still Green Lit.

Part 4A: Now here's where things get awesome. If you've chosen the dark side decisions in Part 1 through 3, Joey Winn's boyfriend will rat her out to the internet. She has one last choice to get the alternate ending (apologize) however if you don't take this you then have to go through the Dark Side ending where you need to fight Total Biscuit and Internet Aristocrat. Afterwards you manage to have an unfulfilled life with money, wondering how things came to this.

Part 4B: If you've chosen all the light side decisions in Part 1 through 3, Joey Winn will have to fight Gul Dukat. Afterwards she manage to get less money but Robin William Quest helps start her career off and while she's not famous, she see's she really helped paved the way for future female game devs and goes on to have a wonderful life.

I think I can get this done by Wednesday, just in time for the PAX protest.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Shadoer posted:

I think I got a really good vision for my RPG of this.

Joey Winn's Quest
==================

You are Joey Winn, an aspiring game developer. You like making games and are trying to break into an industry dominated by men and have just gotten a job at a new indie game company. However your boss wants to sleep with you.

Part 1: Sexual Harassment in the workplace, sleep with your boss or not.

Part 2: Game Jam disaster, sleep with reporter or not.

Part 3: Joey Winn start's making Robin Williams Quest to help people understand suicide. However it's not getting green lit. Gul Dukat advises her to go and frame the 30 year old virgins of Sorcerer Chan to cause controversy in order to get the game Green Lit. If she chooses to do this, it works and Sorcerer Chan commits mass suicide and the game is Green Lit. Otherwise she puts a lot of work into it and it's still Green Lit.

Part 4A: Now here's where things get awesome. If you've chosen the dark side decisions in Part 1 through 3, Joey Winn's boyfriend will rat her out to the internet. She has one last choice to get the alternate ending (apologize) however if you don't take this you then have to go through the Dark Side ending where you need to fight Total Biscuit and Internet Aristocrat. Afterwards you manage to have an unfulfilled life with money, wondering how things came to this.

Part 4B: If you've chosen all the light side decisions in Part 1 through 3, Joey Winn will have to fight Gul Dukat. Afterwards she manage to get less money but Robin William Quest helps start her career off and while she's not famous, she see's she really helped paved the way for future female game devs and goes on to have a wonderful life.

I think I can get this done by Wednesday, just in time for the PAX protest.

tldr ive got better

read my last post

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Brannock posted:

I really like how social justice was hot hot hot on something awful like 3 years before it went full mainstream and now we all hate it and think everyone is idiot for it

SA really is the hipster zone of the internet, we even hate the poo poo out of reddit (which basically 99% of internet savvy 20-30somethings browse regularly)

I've always wondered if the social justice (in the pejorative sense of the phrase) garbage that's pervasive on Tumblr and Twitter originated in LF, or if the cultural Marxist shut-ins in LF imported it from the outside.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol. LF was about cone slamming and pulling butt cords

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

lol. LF was about cone slamming and pulling butt cords

Laisse'z Keffiyeh

Musclebabe
Jun 24, 2008

I want your slide trombone in my brass section
She looks like Johnny Fiveaces

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Stoic Commie posted:

78 serious pages about an indie game developer who hosed a reporter and some other employee, cool !

Oh my god dude, this is so serious u don't even realize

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Brannock posted:

I think by this logic Internet SJWism collapses in like 2 or 3 years? We need some quantitative data.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I've always wondered if the social justice (in the pejorative sense of the phrase) garbage that's pervasive on Tumblr and Twitter originated in LF, or if the cultural Marxist shut-ins in LF imported it from the outside.

The chickyn and the ygg

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth
i joined this forum to post on ycs and everynow and then read the archives form back then.
you start seeing a bunch of lf superstars posting there cause that was the only fyadlite at the time.

fast forward to today you can see some posters who were making lol yoshi poop jokes screaming poo poo like you think samus is sexy? YOU WILL REGRET THIS

the old poster from games/ycs nachobox is the guy in the gone home team. it literally all leads back to goons lol

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Oh my god dude, this is so serious u don't even realize

ya 78 pages of some thinly veiled earnest opinions my laugh counter rly off teh charts with thes zingerz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

lf created SRS, and the rest is history.

• Locked thread