Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Brannock posted:

well if that's not to your taste perhaps you can peruse our inventory of gauges, implants, and ironic tattoos
and sonic tattoos :^)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem
Sep 17, 2009

Brannock posted:

well if that's not to your taste perhaps you can peruse our inventory of gauges, implants, and ironic tattoos

I'll take 12 lines of stars and a triforce or three, thanks.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

david... posted:

its a dumb wrong game but you can be depressed and have a signifcant other you dumdum

not a good one

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Is that something that gains folks credibility? Having gauges and tattoos and stuff? Not that I'm against them or anything, I'm just curious as to why it is a "thing" in the industry.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Jastiger posted:

Is that something that gains folks credibility? Having gauges and tattoos and stuff? Not that I'm against them or anything, I'm just curious as to why it is a "thing" in the industry.

hipster nerds

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Is your significant other in depression Quest a fat pudgy person who wants an open relationship kind of deal?

Meg From Family Guy
Feb 4, 2012

Jastiger posted:

They both attract incredibly broken people

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Can someone explain in like 20 words what this is and/or why anyone should care

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

AHH FUGH posted:

crazy gamedev lady cheat many times, creepy ex says she cheated for good reviews/awards, games journalism is horrible

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Meg From Family Guy posted:

They both attract incredibly broken people

i would argue the broken ones are the ones who faint while clutching their pearls because someone dared to have an unconventional appearance but thats just me

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

AHH FUGH posted:

there's a really good summary in the OP

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

AHH FUGH posted:

Victim complex makes talentless hack richer, held up as feminist hero through blind sympathy.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Ableist Kinkshamer posted:

i would argue the broken ones are the ones who faint while clutching their pearls because someone dared to have an unconventional appearance but thats just me

this is 2014 if you live in a city and aren't used to seeing weird or unique people you're probably imaginary

Dr. Video Games 0117
May 25, 2006
On dates I like to...

@DavidSGallant is also the creator of "I get this call every day", a simulator where you work in a call center. He developed this game while he was employed by the Canadian Government working in a call center, and was fired as a result due to feelings that it "potentially compromised the security of our clients".

I guess this got him a lot of cred in the indie games community, but I dont think he has worked on anything or with anyone since. A year after his firing, he has got I Get This Call Every Day HD greenlit on steam.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

It's not unconventional. It's just another uniform.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

it's more like they try really hard to express their unique personality through personal appearance totems and just end up looking identical to every other person in that sort of scene and it's really funny

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

AHH FUGH posted:

Thing happened that draws out the absolute worst qualities of anyone who touches it. You should care because schadenfreude, I guess? Also, cucking.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
almost everything about this whole situation is really really funny

like this:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Facial piercings and dyed hair aren't shocking or daring anymore bro.

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Dr. Video Games 0117 posted:

A year after his firing, he has got I Get This Call Every Day HD greenlit on steam.

A Big Baby posted:

I Get This Call Every Day was greenlit for Steam back in April of 2014. I've decided that I'm not going to bring it to the service. Steam is central to "gamer" culture - the same culture aggressively harassing many of my friends (or being passive when that harassment is happening). I've had enough. I'm not going to contribute to this destructive culture anymore.

:laffo:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

@DavidSGallant is also the creator of "I get this call every day", a simulator where you work in a call center. He developed this game while he was employed by the Canadian Government working in a call center, and was fired as a result due to feelings that it "potentially compromised the security of our clients".

I guess this got him a lot of cred in the indie games community, but I dont think he has worked on anything or with anyone since. A year after his firing, he has got I Get This Call Every Day HD greenlit on steam.

HD? What the gently caress? This game is literally made in MS Paint.

E: luckily, it was removed from Steam.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Aug 23, 2014

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

boom boom boom posted:

Facial piercings and dyed hair aren't shocking or daring anymore bro.

actually they are a sign of being a broken person, dummy

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

do you have brightly dyed hair, facial piercings, wear glasses, and have a beard (if male) while wearing clothes that come out of hipster lumberjack central? because it's not unique anymore. do whatever you want, but saying that your appearance has people "clutching their pearls" makes me chuckle

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Paladinus posted:

HD? What the gently caress? This game is literally made in MS Paint.

Woah. Hot new CYOA forums game, or the modern, spiritual successor to Papers Please?

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

lovely Wizard posted:

do you have brightly dyed hair, facial piercings, wear glasses, and have a beard (if male) while wearing clothes that come out of hipster lumberjack central? because it's not unique anymore. do whatever you want, but saying that your appearance has people "clutching their pearls" makes me chuckle

I have glasses because I am nearsighted but otherwise no. I know people who have those things, and I don't care and people who spout off this "the biggest conformists are the non-conformists! *rips bong*" poo poo are really annoying so I had to get it out.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
They aren't nonconformists though

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

boy am i glad that the inane stupidity of terrible designers is starting to actually prevent them from publishing and continuing in the industry

Dr. Video Games 0117
May 25, 2006
On dates I like to...

Hahaha, what a guy. I know him in person, too. He's not a bad guy but man has he ever changed since from when I was a kid.

Erata posted:

Woah. Hot new CYOA forums game, or the modern, spiritual successor to Papers Please?

It's not even a game, its just "Press the nice option to win, press the rude option to get fired." It's ART.

Dr. Video Games 0117 fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 23, 2014

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

I have glasses because I am nearsighted but otherwise no. I know people who have those things, and I don't care and people who spout off this "the biggest conformists are the non-conformists! *rips bong*" poo poo are really annoying so I had to get it out.

They aren't non-conformists?

They can wear whatever they want, but when they're walking beside five other people that look like palette swaps of themselves while claiming they're not conforming and literally saying things like "clutching their pearls" there's a good chance that they're sort of dumb completely outside their appearances

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Brannock posted:

They aren't nonconformists though

Who cares? They're just people who are doing what they want to do, it's these pearl-clutching morons who make a big deal out of (non-) conformity and apply it to a situation where it doesn't apply. The perception is that "oh you're just getting a piercing to be a SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE, haha you're just like everyone else, idiot!" where in reality it's more like getting a pair of shoes or something.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

serious norman posted:

you're a moran

She is insanely attractive

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Conforming to the standards of your chosen sub culture isn't expressing individuality or uniqueness.

You aren't proving how different you are by looking exactly like your peers.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Hahaha, what a guy. I know him in person, too. He's not a bad guy but man has he ever changed since from when I was a kid.

It's not even a game, its just "Press the nice option to win, press the rude option to get fired." It's ART.

Sounds like it's plagiarizing from Depression Quest, which is pretty much that.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

a cop posted:

She is insanely attractive

I don't trust you.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
lol ak you are such a dumbass

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

davecrazy posted:

Conforming to the standards of your chosen sub culture isn't expressing individuality or uniqueness.

You aren't proving how different you are by looking exactly like your peers.

Yeah, but the point is that no one (or most people, rather) is claiming to be a different special snowflake because of their fashion sense. That's a judgment applied by outsiders, so it's kind of irrelevant.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Miltank posted:

lol ak you are such a dumbass

I'm getting a PhD and you like guns. Guess how much I care about your opinions.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Very much?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

You're absolutely right. He can't criticize you because he isn't getting a PhD.

I on the other hand already have a PhD. And speaking as a PhD-haver, you're a goddamn dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

i'm getting a phd in guns

• Locked thread