Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just have issues with the controls in general. Mouse or sticks. It seems like a cool game, but I always just found it so uncomfortable to play. It's probably just me, but I never got to the point where I overcame how much I hate the controls. That cursor and the way the character moves feels awful imo. I thought I'd get over it but I never did I just hate the controls in that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

cronox2 posted:

I tried to platinum Pixeljunk Shooter with the MP trophies earlier today and every one I played either quit or disconnected before the first round even ended. It's a shame because the multiplayer in that game actually seems a bit cool since you're alternating between offense and defense each turn.
The 5 wins in a row trophy is actually bugged and has to be done in a single session to register, I went 8-0 without it popping. Don't waste your time trying to get it legimately.

However if you have both a PS4 and a Vita you can cheese it because there is nothing in the match-making to stop you from being paired up against yourself. After each match save the PS4 data to the in-game cloud, restart the vita application and load the cloud data on start up to keep your ratings the same on both consoles. Just cancel out of the lobby if you get matched against someone else.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
madden in 3 days...and I'm actually excited :(

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

madden in 3 days...and I'm actually excited :(

Is there anything new for this one, next-gen wise? I watched a couple videos and didn't really see much. I am feinding for a football game though.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

Is there anything new for this one, next-gen wise? I watched a couple videos and didn't really see much. I am feinding for a football game though.

EA access pass, which unfortunately is a Xbox One exclusive. Sony deemed it as lacking value.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

cronox2 posted:

I tried to platinum Pixeljunk Shooter with the MP trophies earlier today and every one I played either quit or disconnected before the first round even ended. It's a shame because the multiplayer in that game actually seems a bit cool since you're alternating between offense and defense each turn.

Taratang posted:

The 5 wins in a row trophy is actually bugged and has to be done in a single session to register, I went 8-0 without it popping. Don't waste your time trying to get it legimately.

However if you have both a PS4 and a Vita you can cheese it because there is nothing in the match-making to stop you from being paired up against yourself. After each match save the PS4 data to the in-game cloud, restart the vita application and load the cloud data on start up to keep your ratings the same on both consoles. Just cancel out of the lobby if you get matched against someone else.

Here's a GameFAQs thread on the matter, I'm planning to use that method too. Additionally, a patch was released making the trophy no longer needing five wins in a row, just five wins total.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

defense is supposed to work way better in zone, hopefully no linebackers getting picks off poo poo that makes no sense down the middle, graphics are way better, but besides that I guess we'll see. i'll report back whenever it goes online for download. Do you guys know when the game lets you download or "unlock" it?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

defense is supposed to work way better in zone, hopefully no linebackers getting picks off poo poo that makes no sense down the middle, graphics are way better, but besides that I guess we'll see. i'll report back whenever it goes online for download. Do you guys know when the game lets you download or "unlock" it?

I really haven't enjoyed a football game since NFL25. I've bought madden twice since then and played for a little bit, but at this point I just wanna play some football. I may end up grabbing it and leading the Bills to victory again.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

big mean giraffe posted:

Thumbsticks are great for movement in it, the Vita version allows touch controls in place of mouse which work even better. I found the Vita controls best of all the versions I've played.

Holy poo poo, I didn't even know this. I played through the game, loved it, but got completely and utterly stuck on the final fight. Just tried it now, using the touch auto-aim, and got it in a couple of tries. Thanks.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Is PSN down for anyone else?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

blackguy32 posted:

I couldn't log on to Need for Speed: Rivals- it couldn't contact the servers.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

blackguy32 posted:

I'm playing Factions in the Last of Us right now without any troubles.

EDIT: Well, not anymore.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Aug 24, 2014

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...

blackguy32 posted:

It's down in UK, can't connect to PSN or store. Apparently it's down because of a DDOS attack.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's maintenance

http://www.vg247.com/2014/08/22/osn-down-offline-outage-downtime-maintenance-uk-europe-australia-new-zealand/

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That's not the right date or time, though.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

That says 25th of August. I think at the moment is unplanned. Maybe a DDoS.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

C2C - 2.0 posted:

RE: 2TB HD's

I consider it future-proofing; by this time next year, I'm gonna have a lot more on my PS4 than I do now.

Plus, the 2TB isn't a bad price at all AND I've got an extra 500Gb portable from the swap.

It also QUADRUPLES your space from the stock hard drive. It might be a while before we see 3TB in a size the PS4 can support, and that would only be a 50% increase in space over a 2TB. Though, at even 2TB, I should delete stuff I probably never will play again like BF4, when the newest one comes out, or Final Fantasy 14 when my subscription goes, and I won't touch it again.

I wouldn't be surprised if one day, the PS4 could support external drives. The Xbox One does, after all (but the internal drive cannot be replaced)

Reive
May 21, 2009

blackguy32 posted:

It's another loving DDoS:
http://www.shacknews.com/article/85951/blizzard-playstation-network-and-more-under-wide-ddos-attack

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."
Regarding 2TB drive, I searched amazon Uk for the same drive:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Bac...%29+STDR2000101
It's £293 over here.

Is there a viable alternative for UK goons?

E: Found this one for £80 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-STD...PDHF9SGJ83NYK0W

I assume it will work...

Manac0r fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Aug 24, 2014

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Ineffiable posted:

It also QUADRUPLES your space from the stock hard drive. It might be a while before we see 3TB in a size the PS4 can support, and that would only be a 50% increase in space over a 2TB. Though, at even 2TB, I should delete stuff I probably never will play again like BF4, when the newest one comes out, or Final Fantasy 14 when my subscription goes, and I won't touch it again.

I wouldn't be surprised if one day, the PS4 could support external drives. The Xbox One does, after all (but the internal drive cannot be replaced)

How long before it's likely we'll see 1.5-2TB hybrids that the PS4 can use?

feraltennisprodigy
May 29, 2008

'sup :buddy:

It's so impolite to do something like this on a sunday, people have games to play!

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

feraltennisprodigy posted:

It's so impolite to do something like this on a sunday, people have games to play!

Hiring a bot net is expensive so you better get your moneys worth.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
Yeah, some twitter account is claiming responsibility. Of course, its the day I have the apartment to myself and wanted to play some FF14 :sigh:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
A helpful note for those of you having trouble understanding why people are buying 2TB drives for their PS4s;

Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB Portable External- $69.99
Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB Portable External- $99.99

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Huh, a notification just went out on PS4 that the network's undergoing maintenance, looks like they're working on fixing it.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Mine is stuck on the blue waves bit. I mean surely we should be able to at least log in when psn is down?

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
I delved into this thread to see if anyone else was having problems with their PS4 because I thought mine was making GBS threads itself.

The PSN status page says it's still up. Really helpful that I get information on the servers being bent over from a internet forum, instead of their own pages. Thanks Sony. :munch:

Ah well. At least us console peons can still play D3. :smug:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I was wondering why my Vita wasn't letting me update things or upload saves. Hopefully it's cleared up soon.

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004

osietra posted:

Mine is stuck on the blue waves bit. I mean surely we should be able to at least log in when psn is down?

Phew. Thought it was my PS4 on its way out. Mine is frozen on the 'Who is using the controller bit?' screen. When I hit X, it just sits there....

EDIT: It will sign in _eventually_ it seems, but several minutes... then nothing responsive on the main menus.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Manac0r posted:

Regarding 2TB drive, I searched amazon Uk for the same drive:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Bac...%29+STDR2000101
It's £293 over here.

Is there a viable alternative for UK goons?

E: Found this one for £80 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-STD...PDHF9SGJ83NYK0W

I assume it will work...

Is it easy to do this? How many games can the PS4 hold without tinkering? Because I heard the Wolfenstein download was huge and I am planning on using direct downloads over physical games (unless there is a good reason not to?) so I can hide my Manchild spending from my girlfriend.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
What's weird is that I can't look at the trophies, because it's stuck it the "synching with the PSN" bit, and I can either back out altogether or wait for the inevitable error. I thought they worked without internet, but it seems otherwise. I do hope whatever I had gained during the outage stays earned.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was without internet for a few weeks after I moved so I know you can't even look at your trophies without being hooked up. Or, at least, I never found a way.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

I was without internet for a few weeks after I moved so I know you can't even look at your trophies without being hooked up. Or, at least, I never found a way.

Yeah, I toggled the "connect to the Internet" option off and the console just tells me that the connection to the Internet is off. Oh well, they were still popping, so I suppose no harm done.

It's still really weird, for a console that was supposed to be able to fully function without Internet (barring the day 1 patch, of course).

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Anyone else having trouble connecting to PSN? Their status website says it's online, but users have reported issues. They're response is "all fine on our end, must be you" which is ridiculous if multiple users from multiple ISPs are having issues

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Going to have to do my second RMA of the PS4 with how coils or caps in the PSU chirp whenever it's plugged in and getting any kind of electricity :argh:
Maybe my ears are loving awesome for picking it up, easily audible from anywhere in the living room, forget about trying to rest or sleep with it going on.
e: Unless it's the electricity in my apartment again. One synthesizer bugged the heck out due to it but worked flawlessly in other better parts of town, one mixing desk had condensator buzz here but perfectly fine elsewhere. gently caress.

Fateo McMurray posted:

Anyone else having trouble connecting to PSN? Their status website says it's online, but users have reported issues. They're response is "all fine on our end, must be you" which is ridiculous if multiple users from multiple ISPs are having issues

It's a DDoS attack from some group of children who used their parents credit cards to buy DDoS zombies.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Aug 24, 2014

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Goddamn kids

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Szurumbur posted:

Yeah, I toggled the "connect to the Internet" option off and the console just tells me that the connection to the Internet is off. Oh well, they were still popping, so I suppose no harm done.

It's still really weird, for a console that was supposed to be able to fully function without Internet (barring the day 1 patch, of course).

The PS3 could hold its trophies offline.

The PS4 will still have trophies pop, but it appears to only save them so it can sync them whenever it can.

It is fully functioning, it's just that trophy data is not saved locally.

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."

Lofty132 posted:

Is it easy to do this? How many games can the PS4 hold without tinkering? Because I heard the Wolfenstein download was huge and I am planning on using direct downloads over physical games (unless there is a good reason not to?) so I can hide my Manchild spending from my girlfriend.

The changing of the HD is simple enough, a lot of youtube guides available. If you have ever changed a PC component you should be fine. If you are planning on going digital then a 2TB can't hurt, also you can pop the original PS4 HD in the shell and have a 500Gb portable.

I enjoy having a nice library to dip in and out of without the hassle of deleting and re downloading. Of course YMMV. A 2TB isn't neccessary but it's a nice luxury. Also forget changing discs, I'm working on my couch groove.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

MrLonghair posted:

Going to have to do my second RMA of the PS4 with how coils or caps in the PSU chirp whenever it's plugged in and getting any kind of electricity :argh:
Maybe my ears are loving awesome for picking it up, easily audible from anywhere in the living room, forget about trying to rest or sleep with it going on.
e: Unless it's the electricity in my apartment again. One synthesizer bugged the heck out due to it but worked flawlessly in other better parts of town, one mixing desk had condensator buzz here but perfectly fine elsewhere. gently caress.

If you have issues with your power like that, I would consider buying a UPS to plug your sensitive electronics into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nurse Chapel
Jan 16, 2014

I'm a doctor, not a nurse.
Oh goddamnit and I was going to sign up today so I could play tomorrow. Now I have to play FF13 Lighting Returns (that I rented) on my 360 :shepicide:

• Locked thread