Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Vag Assault Weapon posted:

On their very first date she told the boyfriend that if he cheated on her then she would not have consented to the sex therefore he would be raping her

She then proceeds to literally gently caress other guys without protection within hours of loving her boyfriend while telling him not to wear protection because she hadn't been with anyone else

I think there's a pretty loving big line between actual rape and this abstract, retroactive removal of consent that we're talking about.

Still an absolutely lovely thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

Brannock posted:

loving someone without their consent is not cool. loving someone under false premises is also a violation of consent. loving someone while knowingly withholding information that would have otherwise have made them revoke consent to gently caress you is also, and still, violating consent.

zoe quinn explained to her boyfriend that if you cheated on zoe quinn, she would never consent to have sex with him.

therefore if you cheat on zoe, and don't tell her (read: lied to her), and then proceed to have sex with her, you are raping her.

zoe quinn browbeat her boyfriend into agreeing with this academic definition of consent and he ended up convinced by her argument (and, to be honest, it's a pretty solid argument and holds up academically. it's unenforceable legally though, you'd impound half the country for rape if you tried to legislate that definition)

zoe quinn then proceeded to gently caress other men while in a committed monogamous relationship and not tell her boyfriend. she then proceeded to gently caress her boyfriend in between loving other men. I'm sure you can see the problem here given the above premises

on top of that, to hide her infidelity, zoe hosed her boyfriend without condoms specifically to hide the fact that she was loving other men (because if she'd asked her boyfriend to use condoms then it would have arisen suspicion from him)

I like how in that picture she still sees herself as some bastion of virtue; that if she cheats on someone anyone can instead of her realizing she just might not be that good of a person.

Real hurthling! posted:

need more detail here - how is she a rapist?

According to her definition she's a rapist. According to the legal definition she isn't. So really she's not a rapist but she's a hypocrite and also a really bad person that put her SO at risk of catching STDs.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

need more detail here - how is she a rapist?

Just qualify the story to "Game Dev is a self-described rapist." That'd be news.

And you don't have to agree with a moral crusade to find hypocrisy funny. The republicans are wrong on gay rights. But it's still fun to point and laugh when one of the Defenders of Marriage gets caught in another gay affair.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

you're a naive idiot who's never talked to an actual human being in your life if you believe either side of this shitstorm's agenda is really about what they say it is about and not instead a self righteous cold war of coopting exactly whatever detail of this conveniently suits their own specific narrative

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Strategic Tea posted:

I think there's a pretty loving big line between actual rape and this abstract, retroactive removal of consent that we're talking about.

Still an absolutely lovely thing to do.

90% of the internet feminists would absolutely consider that rape, hell even sweden would since they're trying to bust the Assange for something similar

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Wtf is going on

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

This is all so great. Especially when someone comes in here looking for shelter from the evil feminists and SJW that are destroying their awesome male society with boobs.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

falcon2424 posted:

And you don't have to agree with a moral crusade to find hypocrisy funny. The republicans are wrong on gay rights. But it's still fun to point and laugh when one of the Defenders of Marriage gets caught in another gay affair.

But then the pundits then rally behind a, "Why is the left so intent on scandalizing this GAY affair?! If being gay isn't a big deal, if it is nothing to be ashamed of, then why are they so eager to use it against someone?! (tapping cards on desk sound)"

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Did that lady accusing the Cards Against Humanity guy of rape ever come forth with any evidence or police report or absolutely anything at all?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

lmao this was originally such a tiny story and if they hadn't tried to censor it nothing would have come of it, but they did and now it's like a category 3 poo poo hurricane and everyone on both sides looks like a huge idiot

4chan's probably gonna win though just because they're not looking like huge idiots in relation to their actual careers

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lol at the video about Roberta Williams. I'm sure lowtax and slowbeef have something to say about that leading lady of video gaming.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Bitter Beard posted:

Somebody already beat you to release by about a day http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/644805

Time to file a YMCA claim.

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

JediTalentAgent posted:

But then the pundits then rally behind a, "Why is the left so intent on scandalizing this GAY affair?! If being gay isn't a big deal, if it is nothing to be ashamed of, then why are they so eager to use it against someone?! (tapping cards on desk sound)"

Yep. And that's playing out here, with SJWs taking the role of Fox News Commentator. "Why are these misogynists so intent on scandalizing a woman's private sex life. And who's to say that the alleged 'victim' is telling the truth. Maybe they're lying. After all, these abuse allegations take on a very negative and critical tone."

The "opposite day" effect is the best part of the drama.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Did that lady accusing the Cards Against Humanity guy of rape ever come forth with any evidence or police report or absolutely anything at all?

Nah, afaik she removed his name from her postings after he contacted her, he apologized if he had inadvertently done anything that could be construed as rape though

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Paladinus posted:

Lol at the video about Roberta Williams. I'm sure lowtax and slowbeef have something to say about that leading lady of video gaming.

What's the story here

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Junkfist posted:

Marvel at the Humanity.

This is very much videogames.jpeg

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Brannock posted:

What's the story here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m1-rrmSyb4

falcon2424
May 2, 2005

cock hero flux posted:

lmao this was originally such a tiny story and if they hadn't tried to censor it nothing would have come of it, but they did and now it's like a category 3 poo poo hurricane and everyone on both sides looks like a huge idiot

4chan's probably gonna win though just because they're not looking like huge idiots in relation to their actual careers

Honestly, I think Zoe's side will take it. In the long run, no one remembers comment threads.

So, all the games journalists have to do is report the story as "misogynistic trolls abuse women." It doesn't even matter how much abuse there is in proportion to legit criticism. The collective memory will depend on whatever 3 or 4 tweets reporters decide to quote.

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011
chelsea van valkenberg could just come up with a new stage name like she did once already.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Brannock posted:

What's the story here

Roberta Williams made a lot of really popular adventure games that had absolutely ridiculous and stupid puzzles in them. Slowbeef and Lowtax have made fun of them.

That's it.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

falcon2424 posted:

Honestly, I think Zoe's side will take it. In the long run, no one remembers comment threads.

So, all the games journalists have to do is report the story as "misogynistic trolls abuse women." It doesn't even matter how much abuse there is in proportion to legit criticism. The collective memory will depend on whatever 3 or 4 tweets reporters decide to quote.

yeah, but they're not handling it that smartly

I mean the smart thing to do would have been to just fire the journalist, who is nobody i've ever loving heard of, and be done with it. but for some reason they decided that dragging the integrity of their whole site into it was a good idea and now absolutely everything that happens makes them look worse

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
lol zoe quinn is extremely narcissistic and has absolutely no capability to put forth effort or talent evidenced by her own creations:

Paladinus posted:

Ha-ha, one of the games Zoe did was, I kid you not, Realistic Relationship Sim.

http://www.beesgo.biz/dsim.html

Paladinus posted:

Oh my God, she even makes another text adventure Pacman.

http://www.beesgo.biz/clone.html

despite Depression Quest (created using templates and not even "programmed" by herself) and those two above "games", she thinks she's divinely endowed with talent and is better at things than actual professionals:

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
^^^^ sadbrain.png

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Roberta Williams made a lot of really popular adventure games that had absolutely ridiculous and stupid puzzles in them. Slowbeef and Lowtax have made fun of them.

That's it.

Wasn't she the wife of the Sierra's founder or something like that?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

jalopybrown posted:

90% of the internet feminists would absolutely consider that rape, hell even sweden would since they're trying to bust the Assange for something similar

pretty sure a woman woke up with assange penetrating her and asked if he had a condom on and he said yes but was lying.

that's some rape. not consenting your your manipulative gf's cheating isn't the same thing.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

not consenting your your manipulative gf's cheating isn't the same thing.

nobody would give a gently caress except that she said that she thought it was

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I dunno I'd be pretty mad if I was a dude and I caught some kind of video game clap from the other dudes my pastel butterbeast gf was loving behind my back in this clearly committed relationship built on solid ground

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.
CYOA books aren't games anyway, why is everyone pissed off

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
CYOA books are RPGs

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cock hero flux posted:

nobody would give a gently caress except that she said that she thought it was

yep. agreed.

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I dunno I'd be pretty mad if I was a dude and I caught some kind of video game clap from the other dudes my pastel butterbeast gf was loving behind my back in this clearly committed relationship built on solid ground

thats reckless endangerment at worst. assault if she did it in order to expose him on purpose.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Forums Barber posted:

chelsea van valkenberg could just come up with a new stage name like she did once already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMUb1TDDYQo

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Brannock posted:

lol zoe quinn is extremely narcissistic and has absolutely no capability to put forth effort or talent evidenced by her own creations:

despite Depression Quest (created using templates and not even "programmed" by herself) and those two above "games", she thinks she's divinely endowed with talent and is better at things than actual professionals:

really doesn't help that all the indie white knight fags are going to insulate her from her own bad decisions with endless praise, money and defense against honest criticism.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

pretty sure a woman woke up with assange penetrating her and asked if he had a condom on and he said yes but was lying.

that's some rape. not consenting your your manipulative gf's cheating isn't the same thing.

quote:

According to the statement, Miss A then realised he was trying to have unprotected sex with her. She told police that she had tried a number of times to reach for a condom but Assange had stopped her by holding her arms and pinning her legs. The statement records Miss A describing how Assange then released her arms and agreed to use a condom, but she told the police that at some stage Assange had "done something" with the condom that resulted in it becoming ripped, and ejaculated without withdrawing.

Nope, she willingly consented to do sex with him if he wore a condom, which he did and tragically it failed, now he's condemned as a sex criminal.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

I decided to do an experiment this morning upon hearing that the SJW conspiracy was totally on the forums. Figuring that since the scandal had advanced and more people were informed, I created a thread in the Game Subforum Imp about it called Quinnspiracy: Zoe Quinn and the Main Stream Media Scandal. Got a few replies and I figured "everything's fine, now Imp has it's own thread about it, people were clearly exaggerating about it, all good."

So upon logging back in, the thread is gone. It's not even moved gone, or gas gone, it's simply gone. It's like it never existed... :tinfoil:

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

mad at your gf for cheating on you and giving you AIDS? drat son, that's some Misogyny.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

jalopybrown posted:

Nope, she willingly consented to do sex with him if he wore a condom, which he did and tragically it failed, now he's condemned as a sex criminal.

Somebody posted in assange thread that it was the woman asked him to use a condom, and later when they were both drunk, he had sex with her without one.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Brannock posted:

she thinks she's divinely endowed with talent and is better at things than actual professionals:

She is a pretty good photographer though, everyone was like 'would' when they saw her selfies but when others photographed her she looked disgusting.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

jalopybrown posted:

done something with the condom = tragic failure. lol

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Shadoer posted:

So upon logging back in, the thread is gone. It's not even moved gone, or gas gone, it's simply gone. It's like it never existed... :tinfoil:

:confused:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3660134

V!ntar
Jul 12, 2010

I'll give you something to die for, baby, let's go insane.

And we can paint the town red, now show me that Crimson Rain.
If I dye my hair, will I be able to make pretentious games too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Shadoer posted:

I decided to do an experiment this morning upon hearing that the SJW conspiracy was totally on the forums. Figuring that since the scandal had advanced and more people were informed, I created a thread in the Game Subforum Imp about it called Quinnspiracy: Zoe Quinn and the Main Stream Media Scandal. Got a few replies and I figured "everything's fine, now Imp has it's own thread about it, people were clearly exaggerating about it, all good."

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3660134

It was bad and no one liked it

• Locked thread