Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
lol at microsoft tryharding to hard to get their BRANDS out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

okay so can anyone tell me what part of that cortana ad siri can't do

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sniep posted:

lol at microsoft tryharding to hard to get their BRANDS out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjKCU0cWHCI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=talcGAOj9YQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfHuZ5qrYX4

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

carry on then posted:

something about reminding yourself to talk to your wife when you talk to her

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

bing it up your rear end

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH21WrjXBBw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1KEnWKk-L0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsiXfW75598&t=25s

i love the on-brand kickstand sounds in the last one :3:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
wow these are rly shameless lol

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

wait i thought arrow was like medieval stuff? weird

also i like the usage of "my tablet" in the first one and the really non-descriptive language about it except for "kickstand"

pram
Jun 10, 2001

this is really pathetic lmao

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

holy poo poo lmao

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

pram posted:

wow

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

pram posted:

seriously goddamn

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pinterest Mom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsiXfW75598&t=25s

also the little 1/2 second up close shot of the kickstand flipping out. cant miss that action

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

carry on then posted:

enormous digital tits

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Miley Virus posted:

wait i thought arrow was like medieval stuff? weird
arrow is about the comic book character green arrow except it's actually a vehicle for product placement

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Pinterest Mom posted:

The foley is really poo poo, incl the fake typing sounds and the "windows has hosed up" sound when he hits internet exploder

pagoe
Feb 19, 2013
hmm i watched those videos and im really considering one now. the snap when you attach the keyboard really appeals to me.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

pagoe posted:

hmm i watched those videos and im really considering one now. the snap when you attach the keyboard really appeals to me.

it's a click you heathen gently caress

pagoe
Feb 19, 2013

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

it's a click you heathen gently caress

not for me then. false loving advertising if u ask me

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
click in, do more

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

click first, snap first

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
click is what you do when you attach the keyboard and touchpad.
snap is what you do when you accidentally trigger the loving charms bar for the hundredth time

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

they also mentioned that bill bellicheck loves his microsoft surface and has it with him the whole game which will probably undo all goodwill towards the surface brand they ever could have gained through this deal

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

they also mentioned that bill bellicheck loves his microsoft surface and has it with him the whole game which will probably undo all goodwill towards the surface brand they ever could have gained through this deal

more like bill bellicheat

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Apple: hey here's something that's clearly an ad showing cool people using our cool products
Microsoft: [astroturfing and ham-fisted product placement intensifies]

scummy marketing from a scummy company

then again maybe Apple isn't the best contrast to use there since literally every hollywood computer from 1990-2010 and probably onwards is conspicuously a Mac

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mr Dog posted:

Apple: hey here's something that's clearly an ad showing cool people using our cool products
Microsoft: [astroturfing and ham-fisted product placement intensifies]

scummy marketing from a scummy company

then again maybe Apple isn't the best contrast to use there since literally every hollywood computer from 1990-2010 and probably onwards is conspicuously a Mac

i think there's some other factor at play there because they still use them even though they cover up the apple logo

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Mr Dog posted:

not in anything made by Sony studios (cfe. James Bond films)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

computer parts posted:

i think there's some other factor at play there because they still use them even though they cover up the apple logo

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

how many files do you have in /Pictures/iCarly ?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

bartlettPE

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

i get it it's a pear like a orange or a grape or an ... apple!

can't just leave it as an apple logo!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

flakeloaf posted:

bartlettPE

the computer that gives you annoying speeches about why george bush is a bad president every 45 minutes

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao apple doesnt pay u for product placement, u pay them

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

The first in a series of two viral videos for Microsoft Recruiting. We were asked to help recruit up-and-coming ace computer programmers before they get snatched up by Google and Facebook. We thought the only way for them to appear fresh would be to do something they never do, poke fun at themselves, specifically in the context of how they are viewed in the computing community. Somehow Microsoft let the concept through. This is the result.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

graph posted:

Hurr

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

yeah afaik apple doesn't pay for any product placement. I remember seeing that apple gets more free advertising each year than most companies spend. I don't think that analysis included iPhones on live TV like the Super Bowl.

but iTunes works kind if differently and they advertise through the Voice and some big euro concert.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

computer parts posted:

its because macs look good onscreen and dont look like cheap plastic poo poo garbage

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

graph posted:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Apple does pay for some tv shows. see "promotional consideration provided by" in the credits. shows that have the apple logo covered up are ones that asked for money and got rejected. "House" was one where they did or didn't on various seasons and you can see his computer flipping between a pc and a Mac.

the reason they appear in movies is because writers use Macs so they write them into the scene. i can't think of a movie that had an apple promotional placement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Management posted:

i can't think of a movie that had an apple promotional placement.

jesus tapdancing christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsAS-Ke8Qhk

this ad both partially spoils the movie's ending with its tagline and also only shows the powerbook in its initial movie role as a death clock

• Locked thread