Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
^^ not actually boxxy, I was mistaken

Here's Kotaku being a respectable source of information as usual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
I hope abe tweets these guys with anger and gets some neckbeard to tweet about stabbing Totilo in the dick with a knife.

client
Aug 19, 2010

im still lolling that abe tried to troll a 12 year-old and wound up inadvertently propositioning a child for sex

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Kotaku is nothing but a disgustingly slow assembly line that has not even a semblance of order to it. You can literally throw any pile of slop up onto it and a big stamp with "approved" will come down and make it so.

"Hey Patricia, we need clicks this week. Chop chop!"

"UUUH okay. Let's see. Oh I've got some great ideas! 'Wow lol this rock kind of looks like a metroid don't you think?', 'Someone told me to get better after I went 0-11 in halo I WAS RAPED!', 'Videogame cleavage and how it demeans every woman everywhere.'"

"Good job Pat. Here's your weeks supply of double-cheeseburgers."

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

all of these images have the design skills of crackpot conspiracy theorists. false flag???

#therealquinnspiracy
#notall4channers

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

client posted:

im still lolling that abe tried to troll a 12 year-old and wound up inadvertently propositioning a child for sex

"Inadvertently"

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Bitter Beard posted:

I hope this becomes a thing, when somebody shits themselves publicly and refuses to back down even though they are clearly in the wrong on an issue; it becomes the Zoe Quinn Move.

Like the Streisand Effect.

That way no matter what else she does this will be the thing everybody remembers the most while social media remains relevant.
Sadly it looks like the reporting is still just going in lockstep with "Any complaint against this person is rooted in misogyny" and I have a feeling after the storm dies down that will be the only thing most people remember about the incident. Give it a few months and it will be brought up along with Anita's claim to fame as an example of the internet being full of unrepentant woman haters.

I think the saddest part about this is that there was an amazing opportunity to shut down a lot of complaints about online feminism being full of double standards and being frequently used as a means to silence discourse over topics by just labeling the opposing side as bigots, but instead there's tons of manchildren everywhere who will feel vindicated in this case being a perfect example of it doing just that. Like all anyone had to do was take the case where internet famous woman emotionally and sexually abused their partner and write about it, but instead we have article after article from the exact same people that reported on the cards against humanity guy trying to label the victim as the harasser here.

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Does Brian Crescente still write for Kotaku btw?

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
did quinn's nudes make anyone gay? Im now gay after seeing them.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

Musket posted:

did quinn's nudes make anyone gay? Im now gay after seeing them.

"now"

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
Zoe likes a good hack it seems

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

madeupfred posted:

Patricia Hernandez wrote an article about something I did one time. She stole a bunch of pictures of me from Facebook and my local newspaper, still with watermarks on them. A month later she did a follow up where she stole a bunch of my answers from a Reddit AMA. She's complete poo poo.

Do you have the name of the article? This is actual stuff to get her fired.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

i've been out of the security game too long and forgot what port I'm s'pposed to ram jam my wee wee in

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Holy poo poo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

horriblePencilist posted:

Do you have the name of the article? This is actual stuff to get her fired.

Do you understand the people who loving work for Kotaku? She's not going anywhere, she even has an article generator inspired by her.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

I thought moot banned nippon IPs?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

jalopybrown posted:

he's not japanese

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

jalopybrown posted:

You sometimes get the odd Japanese flag on boards that have flags. Whether or not they're using proxies, it'd be unsuccessful if the japanese ip was blocked.

/sp/ has some screen caps of a Japanese poster who randomly comes in with some hilarious quips.

e: This could have happened after the ip ban, I'm not sure.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Aurain posted:

You sometimes get the odd Japanese flag on boards that have flags. Whether or not they're using proxies, it'd be unsuccessful if the japanese ip was blocked.

/sp/ has some screen caps of a Japanese poster who randomly comes in with some hilarious quips.

pretty much all jap flags are proxies

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011
Interviewer: Zoe, how do you respond to the allegations of your instigation on the claimed attacks against your character?
Zoe: I'm sorry, but I thought this was an interview for a video game website. Shouldn't you be asking me about my video game?
Interviewer: Of course, but this is a topic that concerns the integrity of the video game industry and the possible corruption of the struggle for greenlighting independent titles.
Zoe: Look, we're not going to discuss this. I really just want to talk about my upcoming release of Depression Quest: Gold Edition. Oh, and also let everybody know that they should donate to my Patreon.
Interviewer: Yeah, about that. What exactly does your Patreon money go towards?
Zoe: This interview is over. Please erase the video as I do not consent to this being aired.
Interviewer: Zoe, this is a live stream broadcast.
Zoe: ........*covers camera with hand*

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

client posted:

wait, what?

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.
So I guess the main thing to come out of this is that if lady ~indie game devs~ are as abhorrent, greasy and lacking in talent as this piece of poo poo then maybe it's just better if it gets left to men?

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Pawn 17 posted:

This has got to be one of the most insane things I have read on twitter. This guy should be given a first class ticket to Iraq to say hello to the group he has all this respect for.

I can assure you old Atari games took a ton of effort and skills to develop. Pretty sure they were made in assembly.

Anyone here could re-make Depression Quest within 10 minutes or less using Twine. It's basically just a web interface where you drag/drop text panels on a grid and draw connections between them (CYOA style).

Couldn't you do the same thing in powerpoint by hyperlinking a bunch of slides to eachother?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

GiantAmazonianOtter posted:

So I guess the main thing to come out of this is that if lady ~indie game devs~ are as abhorrent, greasy and lacking in talent as this piece of poo poo then maybe it's just better if it gets left to men?

shut up idiot

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Mister Fister posted:

You kinda have to admire how an unattractive woman can grift so many people.

Shes hot as gently caress dude.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not all women.

Just the ones with a shaky grasp on mental illness, egomania, integrity issues and a bizarrely powerful cult of personality surrounding them.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007
I encourage children who are bullied to kill themselves. In fact, I get off to it. Pedophilia-snuff films are the best. More abused children need to kill themselves.

Well not really but as someone with a vagina, I just wish she'd just shut the gently caress up and stop banging on about feminism when she can't even behave like a normal human.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

a cop posted:

lol

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Let's not turn this entertaining thread in to the abe/SA drama thread.

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW

a cop posted:

This post reminds me of this post I pulled for weekend web eons ago about some kid who was so depressed and never thought he would have sex with a girl, let alone a good looking one, that he posted about how fleshlight was the greatest invention by man and would be the closest he would have to sex, ever.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Well not really but as someone with a vagina, I just wish she'd just shut the gently caress up and stop banging on about feminism when she can't even behave like a normal human.

close, she should probably just seek some therapy that isn't the attention and affection of nerds

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

client posted:

Who HASN'T done that at some point. Let he who is without sin,

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi

Spanish Manlove posted:

close, she should probably just seek some therapy that isn't the attention and affection of nerds

yeah probably

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

FrostedButts posted:

Interviewer: Zoe, how do you respond to the allegations of your instigation on the claimed attacks against your character?
Zoe: I'm sorry, but I thought this was an interview for a video game website. Shouldn't you be asking me about my video game?
Interviewer: Of course, but this is a topic that concerns the integrity of the video game industry and the possible corruption of the struggle for greenlighting independent titles.
Zoe: Look, we're not going to discuss this. I really just want to talk about my upcoming release of Depression Quest: Gold Edition. Oh, and also let everybody know that they should donate to my Patreon.
Interviewer: Yeah, about that. What exactly does your Patreon money go towards?
Zoe: This interview is over. Please erase the video as I do not consent to this being aired.
Interviewer: Zoe, this is a live stream broadcast.
Zoe: ........*covers camera with hand*

lol

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

big duck equals goose posted:

This post reminds me of this post I pulled for weekend web eons ago about some kid who was so depressed and never thought he would have sex with a girl, let alone a good looking one, that he posted about how fleshlight was the greatest invention by man and would be the closest he would have to sex, ever.

Oh

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

BigFatFlyingBloke posted:

Couldn't you do the same thing in powerpoint by hyperlinking a bunch of slides to eachother?

For sure. Although, I think it might actually be more difficult to do in powerpoint if you can imagine that.

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007

Hayburner posted:

yeah probably

Nah, she seems like such a waste of space that she doesn't deserve to be fixed.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

Nah, she seems like such a waste of space that she doesn't deserve to be fixed.

how can someone with that red text judge teh life of others?

Brand New Malaysian Wife
Apr 5, 2007

jalopybrown posted:

how can someone with that red text judge teh life of others?

I'm in GBS rite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I wonder how many people are using Patreon to get around copyright issues. Like: "No no you're not funding my very time consuming rom hack/mod/fan game you're funding me as a human being there's a difference".

• Locked thread