Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Duck hunt dog is an ideal candidate for an Olimar clone + thematic final smash frankly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
What fake leak caused 1000 new pages overnight?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

MinibarMatchman posted:

we're closer than ever to having pro matches consisting not just of marth, fox, and falcon but of bowser, "duck hunt," and villager, and this pleases me greatly

If the game takes off with the competitive scene, possibly.

RC Cola posted:

The one with videos of new characters being used.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

NTT posted:

Duck hunt dog is an ideal candidate for an Olimar clone + thematic final smash frankly.

Duck Hunt Dog isn't on the bottom right with the rest of the not-in-Brawl Clone Crew so clearly he's going to have a brand new moveset. :colbert:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

RC Cola posted:

majormonotone posted:

My uncle who works at Nintendo told me that Bicyclops is in because he seems so popular

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

RC Cola posted:

It's the duck hunt leak again, but the twist this time is; it's real

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

RC Cola posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdPXbMzR7Zk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9eH1JfkkPw

Hard to fake.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Heres the playlist, it hasn't been posted in like 5 pages.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsKwxhG3ioc6FDKupmlVHZQ

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

JordanKai posted:

Duck Hunt Dog isn't on the bottom right with the rest of the not-in-Brawl Clone Crew so clearly he's going to have a brand new moveset. :colbert:

I'm just

Saiyan~

Goku confirmed

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The funniest part of this leak is people still expect more characters. If this is real I wouldn't be shocked if that's the whole roster.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Chaltab posted:

Because close-up shots of Tharja's butt make the leak totally believable.

Actually since the leak is from the video Nintendo sends to the ESRB to rate the game it does. They need to put anything that anybody might find potentially objectionable into the video do they can issue an accurate rating.

Water-Raccoon
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Endorph posted:

yeah but on the other hand DLC allows character additions after the game comes out

Possible, but I dunno. It sets a sticky precedent to include all-new characters as DLC add-ons. I could see alt-skins working, but full-fledged independent characters would be.. Hrm.

Yes, yes, I know MK8 had DLC karts and whatnot, but I don't think a cart is quite as big an item to consider as a character.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Chaltab posted:

first post i've seen you make for pages and pages, and it's some kind of smug sarcastic remark like "oh they added tharja's butt and that's why you all believe it, right? :smuggo:"

shut up nerd

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I'm A-OK with this development

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Spacebump posted:

The funniest part of this leak is people still expect more characters. If this is real I wouldn't be shocked if that's the whole roster.

We know this isn't the full roster because All Star Mode is still locked. (A picture of this has been posted in this thread).

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Chaltab posted:

It's funny, but this is actually the case.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Chaltab posted:

:allears:

Whether you are serious or not, I get an immense amount of schadenfreude out of imagining your irritation. It fuels me.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Sire Oblivion posted:

If the game takes off with the competitive scene, possibly.
Brawl took off with the competitive scene and they don't even like Brawl.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The saucy trophy close-ups are because this is a presentation for the ESRB, and they need to convey the elements of the game that might affect the rating and/or content warnings.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Water-Raccoon posted:

Possible, but I dunno. It sets a sticky precedent to include all-new characters as DLC add-ons. I could see alt-skins working, but full-fledged independent characters would be.. Hrm.

Yes, yes, I know MK8 had DLC karts and whatnot, but I don't think a cart is quite as big an item to consider as a character.

DLC characters are bog standard for like any modern fighter. I can literally not think of one that doesn't.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

AttackBacon posted:

:allears:

Whether you are serious or not, I get an immense amount of schadenfreude out of imagining your irritation. It fuels me.

How do you even see their posts

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm more surprised that people haven't talked about it being the same speed as e3 or if it looks any faster.

Also clown car has the best expressions. The one when it dodges is great.

Edit: Oh man his recovery is great. He emergency ejects from it then poofs into a new clown car when he hits the ground.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

sout posted:

This is true, but when something is "planned DLC" it basically just means they were already intending to put it in anyway. Unless it's literally an issue of time constraints.

This is Nintendo. I'd rather they do dlc than another delay.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

majormonotone posted:

How do you even see their posts

I don't I just see Jerk Detected! and I just know. I know.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Rudoku posted:

This is Nintendo. I'd rather they do dlc than another delay.

Smash Bros: Mercedes Beach DLC. The entire cast hops in their Benzes to head down for a beach vacation.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

:siren: THE VIDEOS ARE GONE :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMdnEroxb30

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

^^^^ Well, that pretty much confirms it!!

AttackBacon, savoring the bitterness as the hopes of Ice Climbers being included are shattered like fragile ice upon the firmness of an up-close anime butt. Tremble ye detected jerks and despair!

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

DLC could mean free DLC, which is likely to happen when the WiiU version is released.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Copyright claim by Nintendo, if there was any doubt it's gone now.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

If anyone was still really, really hoping they were fake, you can rest assured now, that's the roster we have to go on. Thanks for confirming, Nintendo

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Now we can proceed to debate the Final Five.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Chaltab posted:

Brawl took off with the competitive scene and they don't even like Brawl.

It wasn't long until Brawl fell out of favor of Melee at tournaments because of it.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
At least that means we don't have to wait on Sakurai, I guess. As much as I love the Dog and Shulk making it, the removal of Ice Climbers, and more clones is bullshit.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0E2TiTPBR0 Here is a re-upload, let's see how long it survives.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

Now we can proceed to debate the Final Five.

Col. Tigh confirmed

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

F. Lobot posted:

DLC could mean free DLC, which is likely to happen when the WiiU version is released.

Mercedes GLA confirmed for Smash.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Chaltab posted:

As much as I love the Dog and Shulk making it, the removal of Ice Climbers, and more clones is bullshit.

With you on this 100%.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Good riddance to the Ice Climbers, long live Duck Hunt and Clownkid and I guess Shulk because people wanted him, mild golfclaps accompanied by shoulder shrugs for Dark Pit and Dr Mario.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Leak definitively confirmed :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Water-Raccoon
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, leak confirmed now. Wonder how this'll effect the POTDs now. More system stuff I suppose, since the full roster's out of the bag.

• Locked thread