Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

NTRabbit posted:

Well, not that I've ever done it before, but I thought competitive play was entirely at the discretion of tournament organisers on account of the rules being a lovely mess for competition, so it wouldn't matter either way.

As for the stamps, it's like so:
  • Everything with a Warhammer 40k stamp is not an apoc unit, just happens to be in the book for fun because it's cool (they say this in the foreward), and goes into the regular FOC
  • Everything with a Superheavy stamp is for apoc
  • Everything in Escalation and the FW Lords of War list are the allowable Lords of War, refer to Apocalypse and IA: Apocalypse for their rules
  • Anyone refusing to allow your Forgeworld stuff on a regular table because it's not GW 40k is an insufferable douche and you should find a way to use 10 drop pods on them anyway :v:
In other words your Lynx is totally valid as a Lord of War in a game of 40k Escalation. So which one did you get, sonic or pulsar? :haw:

I went with Pulsar because I usually don't have problems clearing masses of infantry in any game (Vaul's battery, Suncannon, Wave Serpents, etc...). The Pulsar still lets me clear infantry pretty well and statistically wounds only .05% less than the Lance but also does multiple wounds for each hit. it just doesn't have the benefit of ignoring cover. The Pulsar lets me keep the Lynx farther away from the battle and gives me significant AT.

On a seperate note, how are D-Weapon wounds treated now? If the template lands and it's a "hit" I roll a D6, on a 2-5 I do D3 wounds and on a 6 I do D6+6. The question is, does someone save against the initial D6 roll (2-5) or do they save against the D3 wounds caused by the initial roll of 2-5?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Boon posted:

I went with Pulsar because I usually don't have problems clearing masses of infantry in any game (Vaul's battery, Suncannon, Wave Serpents, etc...). The Pulsar still lets me clear infantry pretty well and statistically wounds only .05% less than the Lance but also does multiple wounds for each hit. it just doesn't have the benefit of ignoring cover. The Pulsar lets me keep the Lynx farther away from the battle and gives me significant AT.

On a seperate note, how are D-Weapon wounds treated now? If the template lands and it's a "hit" I roll a D6, on a 2-5 I do D3 wounds and on a 6 I do D6+6. The question is, does someone save against the initial D6 roll (2-5) or do they save against the D3 wounds caused by the initial roll of 2-5?

The unit suffers a number of Wounds equal to the die result and makes that number of saves. Cover saves don't actually cause the initial shot to "miss," so you calculate the number of Wounds inflicted normally.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
To be clear, I roll a d6 for each model that is under the template correct?

So if the template covers 6 models, I would roll a d6 for each model then apply that result meaning anywhere from 6-18 wounds? Or is it that I roll the d6, then multiply that result by the number of models under the template?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Boon posted:

To be clear, I roll a d6 for each model that is under the template correct?

So if the template covers 6 models, I would roll a d6 for each model then apply that result meaning anywhere from 6-18 wounds? Or is it that I roll the d6, then multiply that result by the number of models under the template?

Destroyer is the Strength type, so you would apply hits based on your template normally and then roll the damage result for each model. The multi-Wound damage applies from model to model, so if you hit a unit of ten W1 models and roll two 1s, seven 2-5s, and one 6, two models are not wounded, seven of the models will get a cover/invulnerable save, and one model would be killed outright. For any of the seven that fail their save, each model would suffer the d3 result, though you can just remove them completely as they only have W1. Excess wounds for individual models do not overflow into the general pool, so while by the dice you've put a ton of wounds on the unit, two or more of them will survive.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

The Sex Cannon posted:

Guys, I might be bad at this whole Warhammer thing.

You're not alone. I think I've won maybe 3 or 4 games with my IG. The biggest problem I have is people shaking my battle tanks or artillery and being unable to shoot for huge stretches of the game. Or if my opponent has an invisible deathstar, which means I can't shoot their most powerful unit with the majority of my good guns. The best I can do in that case is throw up some sacrificial road blocks and hope to tie it up. But with only guardsmen to block the advance that doesn't hold many close combat units up for long at all.

I most commonly come across invisible gravstars or a chaos lord + sorcerer on bikes with a bunch of spawn. Truly nasty units that can wreck anything in my army. Not much to do when they remove the volume of fire you can throw at them. Hitting on sixes and wounding on sixes and just hoping they roll some ones for armor saves.

Most of my games are tightly contested, but you can just tell when a particular unit or two are going to win the game for your opponent before the match starts.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Lord Twisted posted:

I would read it as the majority of models which remain in coherency, on the board, and 1" away from the vehicle survive, the rest die.

This is how I've always played it, and I've used it once to great effect with a pair of rhinos carving up 9 boyz from a mob pinned against an immovable terrain piece.

I don't think it'd work that way because it only talks about models that are under the tank so any models that are now separate from the majority but never under the tank would just be out of coherency but safe from being crushed. But then would it be possible to crush any models from the unit since the entire unit is now out of coherency?

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Boon posted:

Goddamnit. I got real drunk last night and at some point ordered a Lynx from Forgeworld. So now that's happening. :ohdear:

In other news I won a 1,500 point tournament yesterday! Took down the guys that placed 3rd and 4th to get there as well.

Trip report! What did you play, what were the missions and what did you play against?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Can anyone tell me what the 'must try' formations are from the Crimson Slaughter book?

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

Boon posted:

Good most tournaments ban the Sonic Lance.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Does anyone have a link for the affordable Ork Warbuggy alternative models?

Also, does anyone know of any cool-looking non-GW models that can be used for the Vindicare Assassin and the Culexus Assassin? The stock Vindicare looks okay, but I figured there might be a sweet looking Sniper model out there that would make a good alternative to the GW one. And the Culexux Assassin desperately needs a new model... are there any good alternatives for him out there that fit the theme?

Thanks in advance.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

krushgroove posted:

Can anyone tell me what the 'must try' formations are from the Crimson Slaughter book?

Crimson SLaughterdoesn't have formations in it. Just warlord table, wargear, a handful of new/alternate rules for existing units in the CSM dex and a bunch of altar of war missions.

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?

WhiteWolf123 posted:

3 Rocket Buggies for £20/$40.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

WhiteWolf123 posted:

Also, does anyone know of any cool-looking non-GW models that can be used for the Vindicare Assassin and the Culexus Assassin? The stock Vindicare looks okay, but I figured there might be a sweet looking Sniper model out there that would make a good alternative to the GW one. And the Culexux Assassin desperately needs a new model... are there any good alternatives for him out there that fit the theme?

Thanks in advance.

Infinity has a lot that would work for Vindicare and Callidus. Cullexus might take some sculpting.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Tried a match over the weekend against the new Space Wolves, and with the "secret random objectives" mission. I'd never fought against any sort of army with Thunderwolves before so I was pretty impressed by them, and the secret missions were less of an pain in the rear end than I thought they might be. Made for a kind of incongruous moment when one of the SW objectives asked me to name one of my characters but didn't tell me why... I mean, it's not like the objective was to deliver him a pizza.

All in all in the end it was still a Marines v Marines match which meant a lot of ineffective bolter fire and tarpitting. I need to do something to break that up a little since most of the armies around here are some form of Marines.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

SRM posted:

The Independent Characters have multiple episodes about campaigns that are great listening. Here's their latest one:
http://theindependentcharacters.com/blog/?p=3512

You could do anything from just doing three games in a row right out of one of the books of alternate scenarios (Battle Missions of Altar of War) to doing a huge, sprawling map-based campaign. The Badab War books from Forgeworld also have lots of good stuff about this. I think the biggest factors for this are getting people as excited in doing that as you are, since it takes a bit more effort than a regular game for everyone involved.

I'd also avoid the GW official campaign supplement as there isn't much to it and it seems more like an excuse to sell some (completely unnecessary) hex tiles. There are much better homebrew campaign systems out there.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

TheChirurgeon posted:

I'd also avoid the GW official campaign supplement as there isn't much to it and it seems more like an excuse to sell some (completely unnecessary) hex tiles. There are much better homebrew campaign systems out there.

Got any links?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
The hex tiles are cool if you want to do something with them though, even if the included rules are meh.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I painted a model!

I havent painted models in months! It kinda shows. :v:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
There are like 4 editions worth of bits on that guy. I love him.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I *think* the base model is from Rezolution, but honestly I can't find it again. Found him in a bargain bucket and said "Yup. Commissar." The fist is a press mold.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I love how the future skull baby looks like he is struggling to hold him back.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Fix posted:

I painted a model!

I am a fan of this.

The power fist just looks like an oversized leather glove with wires in it. Where'd you get the cherub?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

One of the old Inquisition retinue sets.

e: This one:

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Fix posted:

One of the old Inquisition retinue sets.

e: This one:

I still love that box art style. There's just something GOOD about it--the steel look around the border, the imperial eagle in the corner, and the fact that the models are set in a scene rather than standing around in a black featureless void.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

SRM posted:

The hex tiles are cool if you want to do something with them though, even if the included rules are meh.

Yeah but why would you even need a physical hex tile board? You can do the same thing with paper, and most of the time you are going to want a digital representation of the board any way so people can view and plan without having to be standing in front of the board.

Man now a good digital map-based campaign supplement would own so hard. Something with rad Fog of War options and resources management. Something done by anyone but Games Workshop.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Slimnoid posted:

I still love that box art style. There's just something GOOD about it--the steel look around the border, the imperial eagle in the corner, and the fact that the models are set in a scene rather than standing around in a black featureless void.

I also love the even older(?) box style where it was actually art for the entire cover. I'm not sure if it was for every kind of model but definitely for stuff like tanks at least. Full box front art of a Land Raider or Predator driving around, shooting lascannons that have muzzle flashes for some reason.

I actually just realized for the first time that the new "featureless void" motif for box covers fits right in with their attempt to recast (so to speak) their miniatures as 'tiny jewel-like objects of wonder' first, and pieces in a game (for which you need 50+ of them) second.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Then you realise that the featureless void is within yourself

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Then you realise that the featureless void is within yourself

Really? I thought that was my bank account.

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

My facebook group for 40k is discussing the D weapon chart and if it should be changed this is what one if the guys came up with.
Revised D Weapon Damage Chart

"1" 1 wound / Glancing Hit, cover and invulnerable saves allowed
"2-5" d3+1 Wounds / Penetrating hit d3+1 Hull points, cover and invulnerable saves allowed
"6" d3+2 Wounds / Penetrating hit d3+2 hull points, no saves allowed.

He is a TO for a very large Grand Tournament and this argument has been going on for a few weeks. The main point he wants is that you can't gust have your titan one shot your opponents titan and the game is over. Ask yourself if you were going to this tournament what would you want? If you have a titan and if you're opponent has one do you want it to come down to who rolls a 6 first.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Naramyth posted:

Trip report! What did you play, what were the missions and what did you play against?

My list was as posted previously. Took some of Abusepuppy's suggestions, but not all because what I have below is 100% painted:

Headquarters
Spiritseer

Troops
x3 Wave Serpents w/ Scatter Laser/Holofield
x15 Dire Avengers (3 units of 5)

Fast Attack
x6 Swooping Hawks w/ Exarch/Sunrifle

Heavy Support
x3 D-Cannons
Wraithknight
Wraithknight w/ Suncannon/Scatter Laser

Played the Feast of Blades qualifier missions found here

Game 1: Necrons w/ Chaos Allies - He has first turn
Catacomb Command Barge with Overlord, x2 Nightscythes, x2 Doomscythes, 2 units x5 Warriors with Court member, 1 unit of x6 with Court member, flying Daemon Prince, x10 Chaos Cultists

I was pretty leary about seeing so many flyers with my limited AA. Still, the mission was kill points and I figured that so long as I didn't get out of my transports and left the shields up I'd at worst draw the primary. He deployed with the Cultists in the back corner in a building, the x6 man Warrior squad nearby in another building on his board edge. The command barge and the Daemon Prince were positioned to move to center. I deployed with the D-Cannons in cover forward to the lower left (vanguard strike - south board edge) then the transports and Wraithknights scattered in the back field.

On his turn he moved forward with his Daemon Prince to the center with the Command Barge lagging slightly to the west. His barge was within range of my cannons. He then summoned a unit of Horrors on top of the North Eastern objective, miscast, but rolled a 6 and gained a 3+ invuln. On my turn I shifted units around for cover from the incoming Flyer onslaught. Then promptly cast Conceal on my D-Cannons from the embedded Spiritseer. The cannons unleashed on the Command Barge and promptly wrecked it (failed it's We'll Be Back subsequently) giving me Warlord and First Blood. Unsure of how to deal with that Daemon Prince, I instead popped one of my shields at the Daemons killing most of the squad. The Suncannon dropped 2 of his Warriors and my Swooping Hawks skyleapt.

My Warlord Trait was a -1 modifier to his reserves so only the 2 Doomscythes came in. His Daemon Prince flew and landed next to my D-Cannon Battery and his Doomscythes both flew straight from the board edge at full cruising speed to position right above my Wave Serpents. The Daemon Prince cast again, miscast again, and this time suffered a wound. Horrors were raised on the center objective. His Doomscythes managed to only strip 1 HP's from two of my jinking Wave Serpents but stunned the Serpent with the shield down. On my turn I plopped my D-Cannons on his new Horror unit and removed most of them. The Suncannon WK dropped some more Warriors in the backfield, and my Swooping Hawks came in and bombed most of the Cultists, then shot up more leaving only 2 remaining who went to ground. They then hid behind the building from the remaining Warriors. My Wave Serpents combined to force both Doomscythes to Jink and caused 3 HP in damage between the two. The stock WK wiped the Daemon Prince.

He only managed one more Nightscythe on Turn 3, which came in and teleported one of the two remaining Warrior squads in on top of the Southeast objective. His Doomscythes turned West. One attempted to kill the D-Cannons who were concealed, managed 2 crewman and a wound on a gun. The other managed to wipe most of the Swooping Hawks (leaving 1). The new Warriors were ineffectual but the Nightscythe wrecked my stunned Wave Serpent (Dire Avengers disembarked and passed their pin check). On my turn the D-Cannons and the now disembarked Dire Avengers wrecked the Warrior squad then took the objective. My remaining Wave Serpents were moving up the East side of the board, one cleared the remaining Horror in the North, the other forced the Nightscythe to Jink. The Suncannon cleared the last of the backfield Warrior squad and my Swooping Hawks skyleapt.

His final Nightscythe came in but was ineffectual. His Warriors came out and killed some Dire Avengers and from here it was pretty much over, most just mopping up. At the end of Turn 6 he had both Nightscythes and one Doomscythe remaining. I lost two Wave Serpents. I took Primary and Secondary objectives and got full points for Warlord/First Blood/Linebreaker.

Game Two: Eldar w/ an Imperial Knight ally - He has first turn
Mantleseer, 4 units of x3 Jetbikes, x2 Stock Wraithknights, x1 Suncannon Wraithknight (no Scatter Laser due to points), Imperial Knight with Battle-Cannon

Wasn't sure how to even approach this one, so I scatter my deployment (Hammer and Anvil) with nothing near each other and everything with some cover. The D-Cannons were front and center behind cover. He lined up the three Wraightknights and IK in a line stretching across the board with the Mantleseer hidden in the backfield. I gave him first turn since I was hoping he'd move within range of my D-Cannons while hoping that the WK's wouldn't instakill my own knights. His Suncannon WK was on the north edge, then a stock WK, then then IK, then the second stock WK on the south edge.

On his turn 1 everything moved straight forward. He cast invisibility on the northen stock WK, put two wounds on one of my Wave Serpents (did not jink) from some lucky Suncannon rolling, then killed a couple of crew from the D-Cannons, and put two wounds on my stock Knight. My return fire was much more effective. I ignored the invisible WK and instead focused on the IK. The D-Cannons put two wounds on him, with an additional wound coming from cross-fire from the northern Wave Serpent which had only the 1 HP remaining. My Wraithknights moved up in order to be able to charge on turn 2. I put two wounds from my stock knight on his southern stock WK. The remaining two Wave Serpents kept their shields up.

On his turn 2 two Jetbike squads came in and secured back table objectives on the east end. The IK moved to charge my D-Cannons and the two northern WK's moved in to corner the northern Wave Serpent and keep my Suncannon Wraithknight from breaking towards center. He cast invisibility on the Suncannon WK, then splashed my Northern Wave Serpent and immobilized one of my Southern Wave Serpents in the southeast corner. The IK didn't kill anything, but it didn't matter because he was about to charge the D-Cannons from 3"+... except he failed the charge. He rolled a 3 and after I invited him to measure it himself because I didn't think he made it, he agreed. He was short by 2-3 millimeters. On my turn I cast whatever gives -1 WS and -1I to his southern stock WK. I then stripped two more HP off of his IK with the D-cannons before finishing it with the Serpent Shield from the immobilized Wave Serpent. My stock WK now free, shot his stock WK in the south which received the malediction. He took another W off and then assaulted, going first, and killing it. The fight had taken on a whole new look at that point. In the north my Dire Avengers stripped a wound off the stock WK up there, and then my Suncannon WK assaulted it and dished out 3 more, but lost 2.

On his turn 3 his remaining bikes came in and meandered around the backfield. He cast invisibility on his Suncannon Knight again and then with not much else to do, charged my Suncannon Knight. In the combat I killed his stock WK which failed to do any damage back but I took 2 more wounds from his SunC WK. On my turn I attempted to hunt down some of his bikes with the stock WK, Swooping Hawks, and my two Wave Serpents, Dire Avengers from the immobilized Wave Serpent got out to move towards the Southwest objective, while the squad from the downed Serpent moved towards the Northwest objective. I killed a few bikes but all four squads remained. In combat my SunC WK took one wound, but managed two wounds on his invisible SunC WK.

His turn 4 saw 2 of his bikes gang up on my stock WK which was moving to pin one or two of them down. They did some wounds but it didn't matter because soon after his Mantleseer strolled up and Psychic screamed the thing into oblivion with a 15. The other two moved flat-out towards the western objectives. In combat, my SunC WK finally went down, but managed another two W's on his. The game was getting a bit desperate at this point. He didn't have much left, but the loss of both of my WK's in one turn was pretty brutal. My Swooping Hawks moved to claim the southeast objective and dropped one of the Jetbike squads which had previously been shot up. My remaining embarked Dire Avenger squad got out and all three Dire Avenger squads focused on the Wraithknight giving it another wound. My undamaged Wave Serpent moved towards the Southeast objective and my Swooping Hawks.

His turn 5 his SunC WK standing over the Southwest objective and my Dire Avengers tried to wipe my Swooping Hawks across the board on the Southeast objective, killed most, but some remained. His bike squads assaulted my Dire Avengers on the Northwest and Southwest objectives while the remainder of his third squad sat on the Northeast objective. He failed to do any significant damage and we remained locked in combat. My turn I wiped his bikes off of the Northeast objective, the Wave Serpent moved to take the Southeast objective, while the Swooping Hawks shifted north to take the Northeast objective. My third Dire Avenger squad moved into a ruin in the center of the board and claimed the center objective. Both combats drew and the game ended after 5.

This game was insanely close, and I got pretty lucky on the failed IK charge on my D-Cannon battery which probably won me the game since it meant that I could drop the IK with shooting and tie up his WK's with my WK's. The dice rolls weren't all bad though, he got lucky on some of them which kept him in the game after his disastrous turn 2. Notable was his Psychic Shriek on my WK which pretty much took it from a sure-win for me to a struggle up until the end. Definitely my favorite game of the day.

I'm going to take a break for a bit, but if you want the game 3 write-up I'll do it in a bit. I haven't re-read this so hopefully it's legible/makes sense!

Boon fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 25, 2014

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

SoftDrink posted:

My facebook group for 40k is discussing the D weapon chart and if it should be changed this is what one if the guys came up with.
Revised D Weapon Damage Chart

"1" 1 wound / Glancing Hit, cover and invulnerable saves allowed
"2-5" d3+1 Wounds / Penetrating hit d3+1 Hull points, cover and invulnerable saves allowed
"6" d3+2 Wounds / Penetrating hit d3+2 hull points, no saves allowed.

He is a TO for a very large Grand Tournament and this argument has been going on for a few weeks. The main point he wants is that you can't gust have your titan one shot your opponents titan and the game is over. Ask yourself if you were going to this tournament what would you want? If you have a titan and if you're opponent has one do you want it to come down to who rolls a 6 first.
I'd consider upping the number of Hull Points lost on a 6 considerably, so that it punishes vehicles are hard as it pounds GMCs. As it is, a roll of a 6 on that table can potentially drop several GMCs to a single wound, while the worst most Super-Heavy Vehicles get is going down to about half their Hull Points. It can't even obliterate a Knight in a single go. Crank up the base Hull Point damage to 4, and suddenly Baneblades are taking a lot more notice.

I'd agree with the sentiment, though. My buddy did a game versus a C'tan with his Heirophant, and the Heirophant simply vaporized turn one due to high rolls on the D-Weapon chart. The game was over in less time than it took to set up, since there was nothing the rest of his army could do.

Are you guys using any sort of restricted Lord of War list, like with the BAO, or a cap on points spent on Lords of War?

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

I like the list how many points was the event. Also i don't know if you have the points but i would upgrade the Spirtseer to the Farseer. I only take the Spirtseer when i play Wraithguard. I like the D-cannons they are cool but have you thought about using Vibro cannons they have a longer range then the D-cannon that some times can be more useful. Over all i would say it's a solid list personally i would change those two units and i love to see people using Swooping hawks.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum
Hey guys. I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines of this monstrous money pit by only buying the Horus Heresy books, Space Marine video games, and watching painting tutorials on YouTube. I want to try to play this. I'm considering plunking down a few hundred bucks on a small Tau army and having blue table painting do it up. Does this sound like a good idea.?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

☑ Saw something really cool today, got jealous (just a smidgen).

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

Von Humboldt posted:

I'd consider upping the number of Hull Points lost on a 6 considerably, so that it punishes vehicles are hard as it pounds GMCs. As it is, a roll of a 6 on that table can potentially drop several GMCs to a single wound, while the worst most Super-Heavy Vehicles get is going down to about half their Hull Points. It can't even obliterate a Knight in a single go. Crank up the base Hull Point damage to 4, and suddenly Baneblades are taking a lot more notice.

I'd agree with the sentiment, though. My buddy did a game versus a C'tan with his Heirophant, and the Heirophant simply vaporized turn one due to high rolls on the D-Weapon chart. The game was over in less time than it took to set up, since there was nothing the rest of his army could do.

Are you guys using any sort of restricted Lord of War list, like with the BAO, or a cap on points spent on Lords of War?

He said there will maybe some stuff banned the two that i know that he is thinking about is the C'tan and the Super Chicken(aka Greater Daemon of Tzeentch). He was talking about maybe banning the Greater Daemon of Khorne and the Harridan. The things that are most likely to be banned are stuff that's almost impossible to deal with or it's really over powered.

SoftDrink fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 25, 2014

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Fix posted:

I painted a model!

You've done something that the vast majority of kitbash jobs fail horribly at, you've made an over the top conversion that works wonderfully. Well done.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

vigorous sodomy posted:

Hey guys. I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines of this monstrous money pit by only buying the Horus Heresy books, Space Marine video games, and watching painting tutorials on YouTube. I want to try to play this. I'm considering plunking down a few hundred bucks on a small Tau army and having blue table painting do it up. Does this sound like a good idea.?

Joining this hobby is never a good idea.

But seriously, there's nothing wrong with your plan aside from paying BT to paint your models. They charge too much for mediocre jobs you could learn to do yourself in a few weeks.

E: I keep thinking that one tassle is some weird muzzle flash.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I miss TheBluePyramid.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

by Radio Games Forum

PeterWeller posted:

Joining this hobby is never a good idea.

But seriously, there's nothing wrong with your plan aside from paying BT to paint your models. They charge too much for mediocre jobs you could learn to do yourself in a few weeks.

This is a hobby where you pay princely sums of either your time or money. I could learn how to paint models with lovely results after months of trying to get a hundred pounds of gear, or I can throw money at it and let someone else deal with the mess.

And how is Tau for an army?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

dont stop now :flashfap:

• Locked thread