Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

It was a WWE.com promo. It's not even on the network. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Rodney the Piper posted:

I also really like Jim Cornette's podcast. I know a lot of people have feelings about his booking being too old school, but he doesn't constantly rant about how the product today sucks and is actually really happy to be talking with people. Plus he's a drat funny guy.

In fairness to Cornette, he does point out himself that his booking is old school and that he's an old school guy. He's a surprisingly good interviewer, but I think his video with Percy Pringle shows that, he's just happy listening to people tell stories. That's the thing he shares with Austin and Jericho. All 3 are happy to sit back and let someone else speak.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Alvarez actually plays the audio from Danielson and Meltzer's G-1 conversation on today's WOR!

Bryan's enthusiasm for the New Japan is really, really clear. To the degree it would naturally bothersome at a WWE PR event.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I guess Bryan was talking about the G-1 to anyone who brought it up, one of the dudes from the Powerbombcast has the same story about him loving Shinsuke.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Probably tired of saying the same thing about his injury again and again.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Speaking of Jim Cornette, this showed up on my twitter feed, an old 1993 Smoky Mountain Wrestling bit.

This video has no business being as funny as it is.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1wolt2_jim-cornette-vs-cowabunga-smokey-mountain-wrestling-08-19-1993_sport

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thanks to everybody who recommended Talking Shop - it's fun hearing these guys shooting the poo poo and frequently revealing just what happy wrestling nerds they are. Sometimes the voices/catchphrases get a litte too much, but it's all worth it for stories like Terry Funk mistaking Luke Gallows (I think it was him) for a 20+ year veteran from the territory days, or the time they got awkwardly stuck in catering while Triple H was teasing Jeff Hardy who had no idea how to respond, and they ended up throwing their food in the trash and running away :laugh:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Referee Brian Hildabrand :allears:

Also famous for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX3hnt3rFdY

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

couldn't listen to whatever nerd was on WO Live for more than two sentences before turning it off. thanks for reading

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

epitasis posted:

couldn't listen to whatever nerd was on WO Live for more than two sentences before turning it off. thanks for reading

David Bixenspan? You mean you didn't get to listen to Jim from Virginia's weekly call?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I dunno what that means!!!! The AAA retrospective on MLW with Konnan and Dr. Lucha is really good thus far in as a guy who doesn't know anything about it

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Thanks to everybody who recommended Talking Shop - it's fun hearing these guys shooting the poo poo and frequently revealing just what happy wrestling nerds they are. Sometimes the voices/catchphrases get a litte too much, but it's all worth it for stories like Terry Funk mistaking Luke Gallows (I think it was him) for a 20+ year veteran from the territory days, or the time they got awkwardly stuck in catering while Triple H was teasing Jeff Hardy who had no idea how to respond, and they ended up throwing their food in the trash and running away :laugh:

My favourite bit has to be from the second-most-recent one in finding out that Howard Finkel gives kayfabe advice for wrestlers when telling them their bookings.

"And Drew. One more thing..."
"What is it Fink?"
"What out for that CHOKEslam! Goodbye."

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

My favourite bit has to be from the second-most-recent one in finding out that Howard Finkel gives kayfabe advice for wrestlers when telling them their bookings.

"And Drew. One more thing..."
"What is it Fink?"
"What out for that CHOKEslam! Goodbye."

Text doesn't do it justice, everyone must go and listen to it(if anyone isn't already-ski).

I've devolved/evolved to using hoot and ski in every day conversation too much because of this show.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Talkin' Shop is the loving bestski

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Talkin' Shop makes me want to watch NJPW just to see if those dudes are as charismatic in the ring as they are goofing around in a hotel room over some beerskis.

AJ completely losing it and calling out TNA for not protecting their talent after Gallows stole that championship belt was loving golden.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Here's my power rundown:
-Talk'n Shop because the goofy road stories and drunken chats
-Roddy Piper, old time stories and Piper's general weirdness
-AOW, best weekly interview show period.
-Austin's best weekly intro
-Jim Cornette, fun old time stories and Jim Cornette being Cornette.
-Ringbelles, women's wrestling stuff. Sometimes cool, sometimes cringeworthy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I like Art of Wrestling but all of the live ones are terrible

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

sportsgenius86 posted:

I really liked the first Edinburgh episode with all of Grado's little kid wrestling stories and trying to blade himself with a broken Irn Bru bottle, but the rest of them have gotten exponentially weirder.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Doctor Goggles posted:

I really liked the first Edinburgh episode with all of Grado's little kid wrestling stories and trying to blade himself with a broken Irn Bru bottle, but the rest of them have gotten exponentially weirder.

I mainly just hate the crowd pandering. It's a much better show when Colt has people one on one.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wow, people weren't kidding about AJ hating Obama :stare:

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Wow, people weren't kidding about AJ hating Obama :stare:

Besides him, Lance Storm and Aries, who else is really annoying about politics or is really scummy?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Dreamsicle posted:

Besides him, Lance Storm and Aries, who else is really annoying about politics or is really scummy?

Joey Styles will tweet pretty ridiculously right wing stuff.

As far as scummy - welcome to pro wrestling, enjoy your stay. Don't use that blender.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Rodney the Piper posted:

As far as scummy - welcome to pro wrestling, enjoy your stay. Don't use that blender.

Well someone who keeps reminding everyone how scummy he is.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dreamsicle posted:

"You can call it the New World Order, brother" --Jesse Ventura

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Dreamsicle posted:

Well someone who keeps reminding everyone how scummy he is.

Has Sunny asked you to buy poo poo off her Amazon wishlist or donate to her cancer fund yet?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dreamsicle posted:

Kane is a Ron Paul fanboy but he usually throws temper tantrums and walks off when he does interviews.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Dreamsicle posted:

Bischoff's certainly one.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

rovert posted:

Alvarez actually plays the audio from Danielson and Meltzer's G-1 conversation on today's WOR!

Bryan's enthusiasm for the New Japan is really, really clear. To the degree it would naturally bothersome at a WWE PR event.

Finally got around to listening to this, and yeah. It was very fun hearing his genuine enthusiasm for the product and his willingness to publicly recommend that more WWE guys watch it.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Perigryn posted:

Bischoff's certainly one.

Ken Anderson too. Val Venis is a libertarian but mostly because he really really really really loves weed

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Ken Anderson too. Val Venis is a libertarian but mostly because he really really really really loves weed

The Big Valbowski invented a car made out of Hemp

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

The Big Valbowski invented a car made out of Hemp

His twitter handle is Kaptain Kannabis

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

-Ringbelles, women's wrestling stuff. Sometimes cool, sometimes cringeworthy

I listen to Ringbelles in part because it isn't cringeworthy compared to other attempts at interviewing female Wrestlers.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Lmbo Kaptain Kannabis Kafe.

The Big Valbowski is a Grandwizard 420

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

quote:

--Jim Ross wrote that he texted Vince McMahon on Vince's birthday (Vince turned 69 yesterday) and Vince told him he did a 500 pound squat yesterday.

I really think my favorite part of this is that that's the entire story.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

canada jezus posted:

I can just imagine vince going "Well this guy is a bottom not a top, how could people ever believe him as champion!"

Speed has everything to do with it.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I want Purple Wang to star in a movie called Llama Trauma now

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

sportsgenius86 posted:

Untrue, the one where Freight Train is a guest is amazing, if only because all the other guests just want to hang out with Freight Train.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CombineThresher posted:

Untrue, the one where Freight Train is a guest is amazing, if only because all the other guests just want to hang out with Freight Train.

I haven't heard that one but normal rules cannot apply to something as awesome as Freight Train

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

For our 69th episode (...nice), we did three more topics! And had I Before E and sunsweet! And didn't have HulkaMatt!

Topics: 1. Raw!
2. From oatgan: What moves should John Cena incorporate into his new brutal, dominating style?
3. From AwfulJack: How good is John Cena?
4. From achillesforever6: When will WWE get consistently good again?
5. From oatgan: Cedric Alexander is the future.
6. Bo Dallas sucks.
7. From oatgan: Should we feel stupid about preemptively celebrating the death of TNA, or be happy that they get to keep chugging along and providing us laughs?
8. Book Hulk Hogan in Dragon Gate
9. What's your theoretical dream match?
10. If NJPW goes down an Inoki path, who is their "Real Shooter?"
11. Favorite Mario Board?
12. Is there a better way to keep Daniel Bryan in the fans' minds than the Bella storyline?
13. Which wrestler would you like to cuddle up and watch Netflix with?
14. Who's your favorite Doctor?

The Goog fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Aug 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bryan still wants Eva Marie to get her title shot.

• Locked thread