Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

o muerte posted:

I had and AC guy call me out the other day for using Liberators and Claymores after I Claymored him 3 or 4 times in a row. I told him I'd immediately go commit sudoku over my dishonour. Then I told him Good Fight and he stopped replying, sigh.

:jerkbag:

I think my favorite claymore moment was when we were doing a FRZA night and I kept killing some guy in AC with claymores until he sent a white flag tell to KV. (Wherein I kept placing them)

And yeah I'll make that video next week when I have my new GPU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HornyBoy123
Mar 4, 2005
Are there any US West goon factions here?

Show the love

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

HornyBoy123 posted:

Are there any US West goon factions here?

Show the love

There's a few of us, we seem spread out between the factions though.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Nakar posted:

It's a mostly-defunct TR goon outfit I'm like the only player who is active in. I think Leal had the leadership last. I've asked to get it since I'm the only player and I love the outfit name, but :shobon:

Drop me a line if you do, too. I've also got a welfare certs TR on Connery who could use a home.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Well that was a new record 1135 certs in 1 hour 13 minutes defending khwatee mountain complex. Shield dong+rez nades every time NC made a push, also made over 30 shield ribbons towards the final medic armor wooh!

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

SubjectVerbObject posted:

I am not that good a twich stuff, so I tend to play support, mainly engineer. The best fights I have been in are where I am doing a bit of everything. Repair the Max, engage with carbine, repair the Max, again, drop ammo, repair the Sunderer, jump in it to engage enemy air, then back to ground fighting, etc. If I just rush to the capture point and try to shoot it out I just get farmed over and over. I have raised my repair tool and armor, but have spent certs on other stuff too.

Eventually I may want to do more infiltration, as in use an smg and get close while stealthed, but that seems to take time and patience and at times I am jumping on for 15 minutes just to shoot stuff.

I might have missed it but if it hasn't been said before, join an outfit. We've got multiple here, goku for vs, goon for nc, and koth? for tr. Get the mumble info from the pgs threads and play a few nights with each. Playing in a large organized group makes this game 1000x more fun then any amount of lone wolf. We'll let you gun our fully certed out mithril plated autism chariots. You'll have friends to watch your back, rep you, or rez as needed, point out good choke points, etc etc.

Even if you're only getting on for 15 min at a time it's great. Your squad leader will be at a fight and you can spawn cross continent at any spawn point he can use. Better then instant action any day.

Booty Scope
Oct 11, 2004
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Westy543 posted:

Edit: Holy poo poo they buffed membership to a permanent 25% off discount.

Looks like it is back down to 10% now :( Must have been an :soe: error.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Booty Scope posted:

Looks like it is back down to 10% now :( Must have been an :soe: error.

It was a marketplace data error but I know I picked up a few things during the weekend on the cheap.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Klowns posted:

It was a marketplace data error but I know I picked up a few things during the weekend on the cheap.

Yeah, dcarey said he left it in as a treat for members this weekend and probably an experiment in the effects of discounting.

I picked up the Vandal for dirt cheap, but considering that Infil for me is a "instinctively press F at the start of battle and die horribly" class like the Engineer I don't think it'll ever see much use. There's the Sasser Infil and the Cyclone Infil and I haven't found any real use for anything else.

But like when I bought the Reaper on a whim a full year before it was buffed and the accuracy bugs fixed, when this particular seedling takes root I will be ready

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Aug 26, 2014

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The Vandal is so wonderful, though. I love that gun.

VenusInFurries
Apr 12, 2014

<3 tsalaroth
Are there any eurogoons playing this game at all? I tried playing on Emerald but it lagged out far too hard for me to play. Just shooting random people gets boring, too.

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

VenusInFurries posted:

Are there any eurogoons playing this game at all? I tried playing on Emerald but it lagged out far too hard for me to play. Just shooting random people gets boring, too.
Playing on Emerald, 190-230 ping, and connection is "bad", it's still playable cause clientside and :soe:

VenusInFurries
Apr 12, 2014

<3 tsalaroth

Strotski posted:

Playing on Emerald, 190-230 ping, and connection is "bad", it's still playable cause clientside and :soe:

Maybe it has changed since I last tried, but when I tried playing on Emerald, people floated through everything and my minimap spazzed permanently.

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

VenusInFurries posted:

Maybe it has changed since I last tried, but when I tried playing on Emerald, people floated through everything and my minimap spazzed permanently.
People warp all the time, but you get used to it. You can do anything from sniping to flying, cause again, clientside.

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

VenusInFurries posted:

I get a nice ping of 120-140ish on emerald about 99% of the time from the UK, the other 1% i do tend to hit multiple seconds of ping but I'm pretty sure its just my ISP being garbage.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Strotski posted:

People warp all the time, but you get used to it. You can do anything from sniping to flying, cause again, clientside.

Does this explain when I kill people and I see their model both standing and on the ground at the same time still moving? That really freaks me out and I always keep shooting at it because I'm just not sure what state they are really in.

VenusInFurries
Apr 12, 2014

<3 tsalaroth
Alright, I'll give it another shot, maybe I just picked a battle too large with something in the background or something.

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

Klowns posted:

Does this explain when I kill people and I see their model both standing and on the ground at the same time still moving? That really freaks me out and I always keep shooting at it because I'm just not sure what state they are really in.
That's not related to connection I think, that's a bug if you mean the times when people move when sitting/standing.
Connection related issues is when you see people just warp from one location to another.

Fierce Brosnan
Feb 16, 2010

I have seen into the future
Everyone is slightly older
Aug 26
Daily sale: Stalwart (M) / Smooth (F) voice pack
Members sale: T2 Striker / NC15 Phoenix / Lancer VS22

VenusInFurries
Apr 12, 2014

<3 tsalaroth
I've played to BR 8 on Emerald now, it's actually very playable. Not bad at all. I guess I messed something up when I tried it at first, because that was literally unplayable.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
They optimized the game radically since launch - it's now playable on a lot of systems it wasn't before.

BobMcFartsens
Dec 31, 2005

Sitting on a park bench

Fierce Brosnan posted:

Aug 26
Daily sale: Stalwart (M) / Smooth (F) voice pack
Members sale: T2 Striker / NC15 Phoenix / Lancer VS22

Should I buy the Phoenix? I usually just use dumbfire for everything despite having lockons.

VenusInFurries
Apr 12, 2014

<3 tsalaroth
That, too, but my issue was more with people standing in the air and running on the spot only to get killed by a sniper inside my base shields, along with tanks repeatedly exploding and reassembling, things like that.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

BobMcFartsens posted:

Should I buy the Phoenix? I usually just use dumbfire for everything despite having lockons.

Oh my god yes buy the Phoenix. If you play your NC at all, it's worth it. It often turns getting farmed into an all-you-can-scree cert buffet.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
I wonder if the striker is worth picking up as it'll apparently be changed in the near future and we all know how that's gonna turn out.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Trogdos! posted:

I wonder if the striker is worth picking up as it'll apparently be changed in the near future and we all know how that's gonna turn out.

I expect it would be pretty good after the change. But right now it's just painful to use.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

VenusInFurries posted:

I've played to BR 8 on Emerald now, it's actually very playable. Not bad at all. I guess I messed something up when I tried it at first, because that was literally unplayable.
There are times when you get sudden lag spikes: I tend to get usually one every game session, where my ping spikes to a few thousands ms (I think my highest was a whooping 20 seconds of delay) for about half a minute or so, but then it usually normalizes and and I can continue to play without any further issues.
And until recently, for some reason playing on Emerald from Europe was generally smoother than playing on Miller. :v:

edit:
and make sure to join one of the goon outfits if you haven't already: the game gets a lot more fun when playing with a group

radintorov fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Aug 26, 2014

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Alright, someone linked a dawn of war 2 orkz recursion voice pack not too long ago, which gave me the idea to make one with dow2 commissar lord lines instead. I had a free weekend and I put one together. I ran out of commissar lines towards the end, so I had to supplement it with lord general lines.

I made it mostly for myself, but in case someone else wants to use it, I uploaded it here: https://mega.co.nz/#!b4tRDJhT!X9eLqJBrc_YJ9CNtfpvxkg3Wwz88ZKlDq7OJnDx5gLc

edit: A friend recorded a quick demo of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeHGvL8ksUQ

Zhulik fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Aug 26, 2014

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Zhulik posted:

Alright, someone linked a dawn of war 2 orkz recursion voice pack not too long ago, which gave me the idea to make one with dow2 commissar lord lines instead. I had a free weekend and I put one together. I ran out of commissar lines towards the end, so I had to supplement it with lord general lines.

I made it mostly for myself, but in case someone else wants to use it, I uploaded it here: https://mega.co.nz/#!b4tRDJhT!X9eLqJBrc_YJ9CNtfpvxkg3Wwz88ZKlDq7OJnDx5gLc

Does this have DRIVE ME CLOSER, I NEED TO HIT THEM WITH MY SWORD

It's important

Strotski
Dec 29, 2013

ndub posted:

It's important
Not him but yes, yes it does.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

ndub posted:

It's important

I put it on ROAD_KILL, yeah.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Wow TR really do not look up at all, 14 TR on a point with the same 4 LA's killing ALL OF THEM while me and another medic alternate between killing the LA's and rezzing the dead dudes. Also counter sniping with the loving T1 cycler hahaha jesus.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Apparently the Valkyrie got some buffs on PTS. According to reddit, it flies forwards at 150kph, doesn't make you point at the ground to go forwards (still relatively helicopter-like just not as much), goes about 200kph with using its vertical thrust, has 4 open seats (no MAX still), and can take 150 Gauss SAW rounds at point blank before going down. Sounds like they buffed its resistance.

Klowns
May 13, 2009

Laugh At Me Will They?

Arghy posted:

Also counter sniping with the loving T1 cycler hahaha jesus.

This. Coming from playing Vanu where I'm running 61% time played as an Engineer I was doing the same with my TR. Not to say the TR carbines are bad but the cycler is just downright silly at killing everything at any range.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Westy543 posted:

Apparently the Valkyrie got some buffs on PTS. According to reddit, it flies forwards at 150kph, doesn't make you point at the ground to go forwards (still relatively helicopter-like just not as much), goes about 200kph with using its vertical thrust, has 4 open seats (no MAX still), and can take 150 Gauss SAW rounds at point blank before going down. Sounds like they buffed its resistance.

I'm ready https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dwmf-wx8VQ

Also: http://www.gfycat.com/ScalyUnsteadyBluefintuna

Pand fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Aug 26, 2014

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Westy543 posted:

Apparently the Valkyrie got some buffs on PTS. According to reddit, it flies forwards at 150kph
:allears:

Westy543 posted:

doesn't make you point at the ground to go forwards (still relatively helicopter-like just not as much), goes about 200kph with using its vertical thrust
:stare:

Westy543 posted:

has 4 open seats (no MAX still)
:stwoon:

Westy543 posted:

, and can take 150 Gauss SAW rounds at point blank before going down. Sounds like they buffed its resistance.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

No no no, Westy, you forgot the best loving part: the Valk has a horn, and one of the horns is literally Wagner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIS4DZu1af4

If you don't buy that, and don't spam it NON-loving-STOP, you are a bad person and I hate your guts.

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011

Gonkish posted:

No no no, Westy, you forgot the best loving part: the Valk has a horn, and one of the horns is literally Wagner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIS4DZu1af4

If you don't buy that, and don't spam it NON-loving-STOP, you are a bad person and I hate your guts.

:magical:

Someone's probably going to have to get some copyright stuff worked out for us to ever see/hear that. :(

BuhamutZeo fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 26, 2014

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
I still want the main theme of this as a horn, get to it SOE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45lNvNsdPLc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

BuhamutZeo posted:

:magical:

Someone's probably going to have to get some copyright stuff worked out for us to ever see/hear that. :(

Yes, I'm sure songs composed in the 1850s still fall under copyright law

• Locked thread