Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

haveblue posted:

has anyone played sunless sea and is it good

it's alright. the big issue right now is that it's drat near impossible to get off the ground. id hold off until (a) the combat rework is patched in and (b) more content is patched in since theyve said that'll have more money opportunities. it's v promising but it's not there yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
so in Elite Dangerous could you partner up with someone and run jobs together while watching each other's back? sort of like a co-op grouping thing?

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

yeah i know dragon god is bullshit, got the first spike in and then got burned behind a pillar and decided id had too much to drink and went to bed
he looks neat though, and i went and looked up strategy on him and apparently i can just hit him with soul ray until he dies instead of running through all the rubble
you live you learn

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
wait what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7Cs4L1JALY

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

dang thats neat

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

somebody give me elite: dangerous, and a good joystick, and a computer on which to play it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Werthog 95 posted:

somebody give me elite: dangerous, and a good joystick, and a computer on which to play it.

same and also an occulus rift

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 349 days!
cdarksouls2s: tried out the new abyss greatsword in pvp, flattening people with a frontflip is hilarious

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Al! posted:

same and also an occulus rift

yeah, that too.

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!

haveblue posted:

has anyone played sunless sea and is it good

I've enjoyed it, but I'd wait until they've got some more content and the combat rework is in.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

"coming to Japanese arcade machines!"
why even localise that video at all

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

StabMasterArson posted:

make the weeaboos jealous i guess

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is probably going to be my g shames s soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wm8-DsVqHE&t=54s

2d anime Treasure-esque action platformer with a lot of projectiles on screen

and it also comes with a faux-retro faux-megaman game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83NH58_Y2u0

(coming out on 3ds eshop this friday. i'm probably buying it if there's even one positive review)

I guess the people translating it literally cut out the story for the US version, which made a lot of people mad

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

StabMasterArson posted:

coming to your home in NINETEEN-NINETY FIVE
ONLY on the Nintendo Ultra-SIXTYFOUR

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

StabMasterArson posted:

aren't consoles roughly equivalent to arcade machines these days

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
it's been like that for a while, i think there was one arcade board that was pretty much just a PS2

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Yodzilla posted:

it's been like that for a while, i think there was one arcade board that was pretty much just a PS2

#1 the best

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

computer parts posted:

aren't consoles roughly equivalent to arcade machines these days

you can play the arcade f-zero and mario karts on a wii

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i would say maybe they just wanted to gauge interest in the game but a pokemon fighting game is pretty much a nobrainer

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

the school, ps2, gamecube, and xbox all had equivalent boards. dunno what happened after, because of how arcades aren't relevant.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

the neogeo arcade and home machines were more or less identical, and capcom cps2 was basically a region-locked console for arcades

m68k master race

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Fabricated posted:

I guess the people translating it literally cut out the story for the US version, which made a lot of people mad

just imagine caring about the story in an anime action platformer

who are these people

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Werthog 95 posted:

i would say maybe they just wanted to gauge interest in the game but a pokemon fighting game is pretty much a nobrainer

and yet the pokemmo still isnt a thing

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

i wish home consoles and the use of a home computer to do things other than work, email and news had completely died out so fat idiots would have to drag they carcasses to arcades to waste money and time

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

i guess someone must be playing these

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

from the makers of standing desk, we bring you "standing video game", the healthy way to play

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

you have to be standing for the "put a finger in the butt" game

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

StabMasterArson posted:

i guess someone must be playing these

would

Miley Virus
Apr 9, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

the school, ps2, gamecube, and xbox all had equivalent boards. dunno what happened after, because of how arcades aren't relevant.

i want to say recent arcade cabinets are basically just pcs

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

go check it out on system16.com

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Notorious QIG posted:

and yet the pokemmo still isnt a thing

they're not doing this until Nintendo's back is against the wall

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
cant wait to scope out ds2 dlc

whats the word on metro redux what got changed / updated and hows it look on ps4

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

dragon enthusiast posted:

it's idiotic because it would literally print money. i would $60 + $15/mo to play a pokemmo and i know im not alone

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

dragon enthusiast posted:

you'd figure this time would be now though, right

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

StabMasterArson posted:

you'd figure this time would be now though, right

they still have enough cash reserves to survive another decade so no not quite

regular not-MMO Pokemon still prints money so that cow still got plenty to be milked

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i don't blame nintendo for shying away from online poo poo

nintendo is for having a squeaky clean good time with your friends, not exchanging rape threats with fellow ten year olds around the world

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

im spurtin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePEK-dBVBJI

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i dont understand how a pokemmo would work and how it is any different than pokemon now? do you really want to see like 30 people just walking around in the grass or something? is seeing some dude roleplay that he is having sex with a pikachu in the general chat that appealing?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i dont understand how a pokemmo would work and how it is any different than pokemon now? do you really want to see like 30 people just walking around in the grass or something? is seeing some dude roleplay that he is having sex with a pikachu in the general chat that appealing?

it made more sense when world of warcraft was more popular; basically it's wow but with pokemon

the appeal (at least from nintendo's side) is that you can just port all of the features that already exist like contests, wifi-battling/trading, etc and people will pay :10bux: a month for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Werthog 95 posted:

i don't blame nintendo for shying away from online poo poo

nintendo is for having a squeaky clean good time with your friends, not exchanging rape threats with fellow ten year olds around the world

they found somebody using swapnote to sext with kids and their response was to disable the service entirely, for everybody

• Locked thread