Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Gorman Thomas posted:

my favorite part of this is that zoe is a rapist by her own admission

a quintuple rapist, which i believe counts as monsterrape in unreal tournament

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

horriblePencilist posted:

IndieJuice is working on an article by collecting statement from game journalists and developers. To protect their identities, their names will be kept secret. There's a good chance we'll hear something new from that.

Well that's something at least.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

happyhippy posted:

Well I only sucked 4 dicks today and only got a metacritic score of 34 for my excel spreadsheet macro.

hmmmm, seems like your dicks/score ratio is all off. were they attached to prominent indie game hipsters?

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros

The Brown Menace posted:

a quintuple rapist, which i believe counts as monsterrape in unreal tournament

In 2k4 it's ultra, monster is 6

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Alright, servers are down at work, so I decided to pump up my indie dev cred a bit. Here's my brand new game called Playing by Rules. It's a text-based game subverting and addressing many issues persistent in modern video games industry and community. Follow numbers in parentheses to reveal consequences of your actions (0)

0. You find yourself playing a game. It feels like you were playing it your whole life. You know every button in the control scheme and you know all the choices that the game presents you with. a) Kill self (1), b) Grind (6), c) Open menu (4)
1. You die and respawn at the beginning of the level. Your team hates you, because you're gay. (0)
2. It helps. You are now a regular person. Like many others. The system wins again. You lose. You always lose. (13)
3. You win. You've tricked the system. You've cracked the code. Nothing can stop you now. (0)
4. It's a port from consoles. There are no options. a) Smash monitor, (11), b) Close menu (0)
5. You should have grinded more. You stood no chance against [H4B4]*-ZOG_did_911-*. (1)
6. You gain a level a) Go back to your starting point (0) b) Grind some more (6) c) PvP (5)
8. No one cares about you, even though you are a very good person with ideals and dreams. Such injustice. a) Well, that's how it is then (13) b) Your struggle is real. You must show them! (0)
9. :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: (0)
11. By smashing your monitor you smashed the system of oppression. a) Create a patreon, (8), b) Get help (2)
13. Remember, in the game of video games gamers are not the ones playing the game, but the ones who are played by video game developers into playing their video games.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Alright, servers are down at work, so I decided to pump up my indie dev cred a bit. Here's my brand new game called Playing by Rules. It's a text-based game subverting and addressing many issues persistent in modern video games industry and community. Follow numbers in parentheses to reveal consequences of your actions (0)

0. You find yourself playing a game. It feels like you were playing it your whole life. You know every button in the control scheme and you know all the choices that the game presents you with. a) Kill self (1), b) Grind (6), c) Open menu (4)
1. You die and respawn at the beginning of the level. Your team hates you, because you're gay. (0)
2. It helps. You are now a regular person. Like many others. The system wins again. You lose. You always lose. (13)
3. You win. You've tricked the system. You've cracked the code. Nothing can stop you now. (0)
4. It's a port from consoles. There are no options. a) Smash monitor, (11), b) Close menu (0)
5. You should have grinded more. You stood no chance against [H4B4]*-ZOG_did_911-*. (1)
6. You gain a level a) Go back to your starting point (0) b) Grind some more (6) c) PvP (5)
8. No one cares about you, even though you are a very good person with ideals and dreams. Such injustice. a) Well, that's how it is then (13) b) Your struggle is real. You must show them! (0)
9. :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: :goatsecx: (0)
11. By smashing your monitor you smashed the system of oppression. a) Create a patreon, (8), b) Get help (2)
13. Remember, in the game of video games gamers are not the ones playing the game, but the ones who are played by video game developers into playing their video games.

lol

And amazingly this is still a better game than depression quest.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

in the reddit AMA some dude said that now a new angle they're taking is that they're saying that there was a second, male developer working on depression quest, and that him being spared shows how sexist and misogynistic this whole ordeal is

the general response to this seems to be "there's a second developer?"

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

slowbeef posted:

Can I stay with "Anti Quinn folks are ISIS" dude is crazy and the other two are still weird for going, "What? That's not a death threat, it's a 4chan meme!"

A guy saying, "I hate you more than terrorists. That's not a joke. I think you will genuinely murder someone. No, that's not a joke either" on his public twitter (hell, there's even a link to his twitter on Badass Digest, the place he works at) is a bit more extreme than some random dude from the internet going "Watch your back :P"

Paladinus posted:

Did you get 2 people to post this for you?

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

The Brown Menace posted:

a quintuple rapist

really, you're gonna skip out on that extra n

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Shadoer posted:

lol

And amazingly this is still a better game than depression quest.

You just say that as Paladinus slept with you.

Ooze
Apr 21, 2007

:tipshat:

Paladinus posted:

I'd rather play a game like this — admittedly not fun, and even kind of ugly-looking — than play most triple-A games out there.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

The Brown Menace posted:

a new angle they're taking is that they're saying that there was a second, male developer working on depression quest, and that him being spared shows how sexist and misogynistic this whole ordeal is

did he also rape the cuckboy

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

a bit more extreme than some random dude from the internet going "Watch your back :P"

ok, I do not know all the memes so the sarcasm wasn't obvious

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
The Gaming Caliphate.

jalopybrown
Oct 11, 2012

quote:

Zoe Quinn, Patrick Lindsey and Isaac Schankler

wiat, three people were involved in making depression quest? thats 2 more than made cave story.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Paladinus posted:

Day 1 purchase would play/buy DLC.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Another mysterious person enters the quinnspiracy (lol)

who is hulioooo?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

jalopybrown posted:

wiat, three people were involved in making depression quest? thats 2 more than made cave story.

Programming, Music and Zoe Quinn.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

happyhippy posted:

I'm polyarmourous.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

happyhippy posted:

How dare you... HOW DARE YOU BRING OUT PERSONAL BUSINESS INTO THIS THREAD!

This is harassment of the highest order you sexist monster!

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
GSIS (Gamer's State in Intellivision and Sega) made headlines today after beheading an anime pillow on Twitch livestream.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Another mysterious person enters the quinnspiracy (lol)

who is hulioooo?

First google link... at least it's gaming related:

http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/profile/Hulioooo

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

alejandro, alejandro

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Mister Fister posted:

First google link... at least it's gaming related:

http://gamebattles.majorleaguegaming.com/profile/Hulioooo

That top word definitely does not end in an o, if you enlarge the image there is an obvious break, it's prob an h.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

But yeah really for now she gets money for existing. It used to be stuff like "I need a new laptop that can keep up with my cutting edge games" or "I got mugged just when I was about to pay rent now I can't pay rent" without actually providing any evidence, but since patron she doesn't even have to pretend to need money for something specific.

We should all be given money for existing.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

a cop posted:

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

If this person didn't exist a conservative MRA would create a fictional novella about her. This can't be a real person.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

zoey quinn and hulioooooo down by the schoolyard

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
don't post addresses of places she worked for you fucktard

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

a cop posted:

I agree, a guaranteed basic income is an excellent idea!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_income

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
haha holy poo poo

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

didn't know zoey quinn was paul blart

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
lol her job at law enforcement was college security

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

WilltheMagicAsian posted:

That top word definitely does not end in an o, if you enlarge the image there is an obvious break, it's prob an h.

also in the second word the last letter seems to have a downwards stem and is not an "e", but that's not as clear as the n/h in the first name

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
zoe quinn is mentally ill

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

dMastri posted:

no poo poo really?

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

judge reinhold posted:

GSIS (Gamer's State in Intellivision and Sega) made headlines today after beheading an anime pillow on Twitch livestream.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

The Brown Menace posted:

in the reddit AMA some dude said that now a new angle they're taking is that they're saying that there was a second, male developer working on depression quest, and that him being spared shows how sexist and misogynistic this whole ordeal is

I guess people are just really upset over Depression Quest.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

dMastri posted:

ban this ableist piece of sh*t please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

The Brown Menace posted:

the general response to this seems to be "there's a second developer?"

did he gently caress five guys too, this is very important

• Locked thread