Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Yesssssssssssssssss!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Mango Polo posted:

I have no mouth and I must scream.

If this was a Plague Marine, it would be kickin' rad.

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Mango Polo posted:

Bigger is better.

This looks like it's from Dark Souls 40k

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

"For the--- WHOOPS!" Then plasma and bolts just fire upward.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

I have a bunch saved at home and can post later- including classics like doc thunder, 4 legged drednoughts, and The Good Stuff (TM) obliterators
Please, please have the Skull Rhino brigade. The pictures of that goofy-rear end parade absolutely slay me every single time.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

The sentinel/rhino hybrid that was made to look like an AT-AT is the one I'll never forget.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Mango Polo posted:

What happened to this one? What chemical spill made this guy look like a GI Joe that's sat for too long under a magnifying glass? Is the painter okay? It just raises so many questions.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

panascope posted:

What happened to this one? What chemical spill made this guy look like a GI Joe that's sat for too long under a magnifying glass? Is the painter okay? It just raises so many questions.

It looks like they tried to sculpt a head out of Juicy Fruit gum :v:

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just a reminder that a bunch of us from this thread are meeting up at Warhammer World tomorrow for some beers and games. If you're in the area and have a free day feel free to join us.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Oh. . .

Oh, my, no, no that's far too many maggots.

They're

They're in my hair

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Some guy trading as White Metal Games had some spectacularly awful conversions. The random toys glued to each other kind. I wish I could find pictures of the Jabba the Hutt scratch build.

I think I have it saved on my old computer.

Germ
May 7, 2013

^^^
Dare I say they are falling like rain?

Hollismason posted:

I really dig that orange, is that a pigment? I think that's what they call the powders right the weathering stuff?

Nope, just orange dry brushed over stipples black and brown. I also happen to think that green and purple are the better Halloween colors (compared to orange and black).

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Fearless posted:

The sentinel/rhino hybrid that was made to look like an AT-AT is the one I'll never forget.

Oh man, I loved that dumbass thing.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Germ posted:

^^^
Dare I say they are falling like rain?
GWAR really does work well with 40k.

That Blight Drone is also a sick conversion. I seem to recall you posting WIP pictures of it - do you still have those?

edit - I suppose I should ask you to post them, I guess.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Raphus C posted:

Some guy trading as White Metal Games had some spectacularly awful conversions. The random toys glued to each other kind. I wish I could find pictures of the Jabba the Hutt scratch build.

I think I have it saved on my old computer.

Oh god, I think I remember that one. That was on an ebay store, right? poo poo, I wish I still had my unspiration folder.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Did someone say meltman marines?

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
It manages to look simultaneously horrified and happy. It's like a Rorschach test model.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I never want to know any of the back stories to these wonderful things, they're great mysteries.

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Raphus C posted:

Buggies are a good screen. It is what I use them for.

I think that Dethkoptas are now a decent choice if you want a screen. Their armour and jink save means that they will shrug-off some of the fire coming their way. Buggies are AV10 with 2HP so can die to small arms fire (slightly harder to damage than Koptas bt also harder to OHKO).

I think koptas make a better screen as they should stay alive longer due to armour and jink saves. A KFF won't project out and protect buggies any more so they are more exposed to incoming fire. You also have the old chain reaction problem I suffered last game, rare as it may be, in that one exploding buggy takes HP from another. Though this problem is much less concerning than a failed moral check.

Koptas can also turbo boost off and assault something if needed.

I may try using the Deffkoptas as my moving screens. They're only 5 points more, and they're more survivable. They probably have more additional utility when I'm not using them as screens too, because they can cover a great distance quickly.

Thanks for the advice.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

lovestick posted:

Did someone say meltman marines?

Is... is this what a meltagun does to people?
I guess it could be used as a Chaos Spawn...? I couldn't help but laugh at the sight of the badly painted-on face and mouth.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
They're largely a wash between the two, but I think Buggies are that tiny bit better by virtue of being 5pts cheaper. Buggies are more resistant to small arms fire, but Koptas are a bit more useful against heavy guns; Koptas can assault things if they have to, but Buggies can't be locked in combat. Koptas have to worry about morale, but Buggies are more vulnerable to failed terrain checks.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

I imagine that thing wobbling its way towards the enemy, croaking "Killl meeeee..." as it goes.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/LL98fxa.png:nws:

(my faves are the last 2)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Hey, I made a thread for Unspirational models.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3660745

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

OOOOOOOOoooooooohh! Brother-Captain Epheseus said the secret wooorrrddd!

GAAK ATTAAACCCKK

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I.... Think....the tank is supposed to be a Matilda. Though the plasma gun would be more like a heavy bolter at best.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Who posted that munted Ebay marine that had an upside-down bare head and had just a fragment of the back end of his bolter resting on his index finger? I think that'd make a good unspiration addition.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I'm loving that inexplicable painted-on eye patch.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
The eye-patch is, presumably, standing in for the half-mask that character had in later versions.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

LingcodKilla posted:

I.... Think....the tank is supposed to be a Matilda. Though the plasma gun would be more like a heavy bolter at best.

Nah, I think its a KV-2, still. I cant understand the reasoning behind half of those.
The plates on the sides of the tracks are plasticard by the looks.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Aug 27, 2014

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hencoe posted:

Nah, I think its a KV-2, still. I cant understand the reasoning behind half of those.

KVs have mud chutes?

Such a weird choice to copy.

Lol bad memory. It's not mud chutes it's just tracks but it has flat armor over the gubbins like a matlida. Whatever it's ugly as gently caress

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Aug 27, 2014

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Germ posted:

The entire warband of Morbus Maggotkin, Exalted of Nurgle. Put on my Necron display board (which will get a repaint in grey for the tournament) and squeezed into my lightbox (which is too small for the job).

:stare: god...drat. I came here to cross post a Death Guard squad I just finished (mostly, my cat had other plans so I need to fix some stuff) but I suddenly feel unworthy. Oh well, here goes:

Even though backpacks are my least favorite thing to paint, I'm pretty happy with how the champion's came out:

Rib cage shoulder pad is a little fresh:

SoftDrink
Nov 16, 2013

Behold the the knowledge to paint at the golden daemon level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FayBHOhucf0

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
I am on a roll here, somehow. After my Deathwing victory on Saturday, I had another friend who also wanted NOVA practice, so I brought my (new) Iyanden list versus his Saim Hann, and pretty much trounced him - he played really conservatively, and while there was some swingy rolling (my flyers both got knocked out the sky immediately and my Spiritseer rolled a 17 Psychic shriek, murdering Maugen Ra and an entire Dark Reaper squad) I felt pretty good overall about how it ran.

I'd like some feedback on the list:

1850 Iyanden

Spiritseer (70)
5x Wraithguard (160) in Wave Serpent with Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannon (130)
5x Wraithguard (160) in Wave Serpent with Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannon (130)
5x Wraithblades (axe/shield) (160) in Wave Serpent with Scatter Lasers, Shuriken Cannon (130)
Crimson Hunter (160)
Crimson Hunter (160)
Wraithlord with 2x Bright Lances (160)
Wraithknight with Sun Cannon, Scattershield and Scatter Laser (300)
Fire Prism (125)

It's not a high model count list, but most of it is pretty tough, it has a really good range of shooting and can move fast if it needs to. Previous incarnations have included Rangers for cheap scoring but they've never done anything other than die. Wraith troops on foot are fluffier, I feel, but they are really, really slow and can't get in range for their guns. My Wraithlord usually doesn't do much but it can be a distraction and prevents things from freely moving around my back, though honestly I keep it in there for fluff more than effectiveness.

Thoughts?

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Some of these really bad paintjobs just make me feel bad because they're obviously by someone that just hasn't had enough experience or pointers from people better than them.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Mango Polo posted:

Where we're going we don't need eyes to see :psypop:

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

SoftDrink posted:

Behold the the knowledge to paint at the golden daemon level.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FayBHOhucf0

I am disappointed this link wasn't the unspiration thread compilation video with the grunting soundtrack. That is the best.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Cataphract posted:

Just a reminder that a bunch of us from this thread are meeting up at Warhammer World tomorrow for some beers and games. If you're in the area and have a free day feel free to join us.

Gutted I'm missing this, I hope you guys 'Ham out big time.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

LingcodKilla posted:

KVs have mud chutes?

Such a weird choice to copy.

Lol bad memory. It's not mud chutes it's just tracks but it has flat armor over the gubbins like a matlida. Whatever it's ugly as gently caress

Yeah I think he's used a KV-2 model kit, but was trying to make it look like a Matilda. Or if he didn't, well, add another tick to the terrible column.

Personally I think it's a neat idea using interbellum and early war tanks, just really badly executed.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Aug 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

Template weapons?

Can't hit invisible units with template weapons, because you're forced to snap-shot at them.

AbusePuppy posted:

Well, Necrons are actually in a pretty good place for dealing with Invisible stuff for a number of reasons. Tesla has been brought up already, but it bears repeating: Necrons have a lot of twin-linked Tesla, which barely suffers any penalty at all when it comes to shooting Invisible units. (Note that the Arc rule will also affect them normally, as it doesn't roll to hit.) Overlords are also a great way to put some damage in- the Sweep Attack rule, because it is neither a shooting nor close combat attack, will hit normally and also bypasses that obnoxious cover save they inevitably have. Similarly, in close combat Mindshackle Scarabs don't care how impossible it is to see you, they simply cause the enemy to autohit themselves.

Hadn't considered MSS as a solution, nor an Overlord on the barge. Thanks!
Although now I have to decide if I want to assemble/use this kit as a CCB or an Annihilation Barge.

AbusePuppy posted:

One common change that many groups play with is having Invisibility reduce enemies to WS1/BS1 when attacking, rather than forcing hit on 6s/snap shots; it makes the power a lot more fair and lets the weapons you would think would be most effective, i.e. area effect ones like flamers and blasts, do their job.

I like this solution, as it would actually allow my guard to shoot things. Rather than sit their with their dicks in their hands while a unit of invisible bikers meltabombs all my tanks. I'll see what the guys think.

• Locked thread