Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

Don't be stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
There's a guy at work who always talks about using a shopping cart for his grilling. Dude, I know how much money you make. You can afford to buy a grill.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Squallege posted:

There's a guy at work who always talks about using a shopping cart for his grilling. Dude, I know how much money you make. You can afford to buy a grill.

Bubbles doesn't approve.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

cowboythreespeech posted:

Don't be stupid

#lifehack

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Robot Jelly posted:

Or just point the fan itself at your bed instead of this goofy flapping sheet bullshit

This one is fine, just like using colored twist ties, but I like the choice of labels:

Never kill grandma again!

That's dumb, just use tape, it won't fall off if you bump it. You can even colour them with markers if you so choose. #customizablelifehack

SkiLander
Mar 4, 2014

But what am I going to do with all these bread tags then? They aren't going to smugly use themselves.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
PYF Really Stupid "Life Hacks": Don't be stupid

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Of course using a chair isn't a good idea, that's why that pic came from some kind of ThereIFixedIt type site, not a lifehack site. Don't be stupid.

You are really defensive about this were you abused by a grill or abused at some sort of backyard grilling event?

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Darth Freddy posted:

You are really defensive about this were you abused by a grill or abused at some sort of backyard grilling event?

He had a bad experience in the back of a uhaul truck trying to use a wicker chair as tinder for grilling. Hasn't been the same ever since.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Darth Freddy posted:

Nah I just get annoyed when people don't get how the thread works. Why post something that's obviously not a lifehack and laugh at what a bad lifehack it is? Go start a thereifixedit thread and repost the same photo of the pool with the floating sandal electrical grid over and over.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Nah I just get annoyed when people don't get how the thread works.

I, in the OP, posted:

Pre-emptive edit: It doesn't matter if somebody posts a fake one, they're still funny.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

He had thought of everything :aaa:

Lifehack : if you make an OP always assume goons are gonna complain about everything.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Lifehack: Read the drat OP.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Nah I just get annoyed when people don't get how the thread works. Why post something that's obviously not a lifehack and laugh at what a bad lifehack it is? Go start a thereifixedit thread and repost the same photo of the pool with the floating sandal electrical grid over and over.

To be fair, that's a really great picture.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Picnic Princess posted:

That's dumb, just use tape, it won't fall off if you bump it. You can even colour them with markers if you so choose. #customizablelifehack

There are about a billion different types of label cable ties.

Great for those with OCD. But it means all my boxes full of old computer and A/V cables are so much easier to sort through.

Lifehack: Give people with OCD the means to drive themselves insane by labelling everything.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Lifehack: Give people with OCD the means to drive themselves insane by labelling everything wrong.

ftfy

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Sorry a grill killed your mom and dad in crime alley that one time

Robot Jelly
Jul 15, 2007

Bleep Blorp

How is this in any way a life hack? "Too lazy to remove a single sticker? Doesn't matter, just shove the whole thing in your mouth"

Imagine staying overnight at a friend's place and walking into their bathroom to see this. I'd probably wake them up laughing.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Robot Jelly posted:

Imagine staying overnight at a friend's place and walking into their bathroom to see this. I'd probably wake them up laughing.

Who the gently caress has a toilet seat like this in their house anyway? Do they live in a shopping mall?

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

Gorilla Salad posted:

Lifehack: Give people with OCD the means to drive themselves insane by labelling everything.

My fake OCD led me to just color coding with electric tape. Just do a swatch at both ends. Now I don't yank the wrong external hdd.

Lifehack: Be bored a lot so you invent solutions to meaningless problems. Then ate poo poo off the floor like an animal?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Parenting hack: Show your love for The Fifth Element while training your children to comply with the police during their inevitable drunk driving arrest

And if the little bastards try to sneak out of their rooms at night, bring out the artillery:

Edit: I know that just looks like a lazy prank but it was honestly suggested as a parenting hack, I swear: http://diply.com/omg-facts/23-inventive-hacks-that-every-parent-should-know/37215/4

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Robot Jelly posted:

How is this in any way a life hack? "Too lazy to remove a single sticker? Doesn't matter, just shove the whole thing in your mouth"

I EAT STICKERS ALL THE TIME DUDE!!

eddoghetto
Mar 27, 2007
612 Wharf Avenue
FYI- Amazon has a free download today of "Real Clever Ideas and Solutions" for Kindle. I couldn't be bothered to setup a kindle account or whatever nonsense it required to view it, but it sounds ripe for the picking for this thread.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

JD posted:

I prefer raw jelly beans to snack on while wearing my boiled denim.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Robot Jelly posted:

See, this one is truly bullshit. Maybe the sticker is safe, but you still have to wash that fruit or vegetable, so you might as well rub the sticker off. What is wrong with people that they would think it was better to eat the sticker than remove it? Ugh.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

mds2 posted:

Who the gently caress has a toilet seat like this in their house anyway? Do they live in a shopping mall?

College-owned housing, maybe?

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

mds2 posted:

Can't afford utilities at your home? Perform all your basic bodily functions at the nearest shopping mall. #lifehack

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

Need to keep your bathroom spotless? Poop in the corner of your bedroom like a animal you piece of poo poo.

:regd08:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Karma Monkey posted:

See, this one is truly bullshit. Maybe the sticker is safe, but you still have to wash that fruit or vegetable, so you might as well rub the sticker off. What is wrong with people that they would think it was better to eat the sticker than remove it? Ugh.

The glue may be safe, but what about the plastic the sticker is made from? Let's all just loving eat plastic.

Need to eat your fruit-roll-up in a jiffy? Don't unroll it and just eat the plastic too, the extra chewing will work out your jaw muscles.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Picnic Princess posted:

The glue may be safe, but what about the plastic the sticker is made from? Let's all just loving eat plastic.

Need to eat your fruit-roll-up in a jiffy? Don't unroll it and just eat the plastic too, the extra chewing will work out your jaw muscles.

It's not digestible, so that means it is fiber. Fiber is good, right?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Karma Monkey posted:

It's just a little tidbit of vaguely interesting information. Like a little fact some people wouldn't know. Why are you so angry. It's not like anyone is literally too lazy to remove a sticker, come on.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Wandle Cax posted:

It's just a little tidbit of vaguely interesting information. Like a little fact some people wouldn't know. Why are you so angry. It's not like anyone is literally too lazy to remove a sticker, come on.

Uh, I'm not actually angry. I'm sorry if plain text confuses you. Perhaps you should try a comedy website forums where everything is punctuated with helpful smilies. :)

(I also think you might be missing the point of this thread. :))

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wait, aren't stickers on most fruits on the peel? Apples, pears and mangos have the stickers on them, but the stickers most people think of are probably on Bananas, and who the hell eats a banana peel on?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

twistedmentat posted:

Wait, aren't stickers on most fruits on the peel? Apples, pears and mangos have the stickers on them, but the stickers most people think of are probably on Bananas, and who the hell eats a banana peel on?

Kevin Spacey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5bvNVx1NqM

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

JD posted:

They taste like sand!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Karma Monkey posted:

Wait, why do you have to wash the food first? Is your supermarket in the habit of selling food coated in bird poo poo and dirt? Because I think it might be time to find a better store.

Lifehack: Don't shop at places which sell food coated in mud and faeces.

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

Gorilla Salad posted:

Wait, why do you have to wash the food first? Is your supermarket in the habit of selling food coated in bird poo poo and dirt? Because I think it might be time to find a better store.

Yes, fruit is dirty, it grows outdoors and is often sprayed with pesticides and yeah, sometimes comes into contact with dirt and feces. Wash your fruits.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.
Fruit processing plants coat the fruits with waxes and preservatives before they ship so they have the maximum sparkly shelf life, then they're in the back of a hopefully clean truck, then they're in a supermarket warehouse staffed by teenagers with probably mostly adequate hygiene.

Or don't wash your fruit, that's cool too.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Gorilla Salad posted:

hahaha You can't be for real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

please tell me you don't live in the US