Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mappo
Apr 27, 2009

Falsum posted:

Game journos are really pissy about this and it's amazing

Fully financially supporting Zoe Quinn so she can make free crappy flash games is just the same as pre-ordering that new AAA title. Come on guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
I would like to speak for all of something awful dot com and say that zoe quinn is a stupid oval office and that her boyfriend is also a stupid oval office. Thank you have a good night.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lol apparently they don't read gbs

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

4outof5 posted:

I would like to speak for all of something awful dot com and say that zoe quinn is a stupid oval office and that her boyfriend is also a stupid oval office. Thank you have a good night.

:drat:

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

lol they actually put hyperlinks to all the sites

Absalom Baird
Jul 13, 2010
Infidelity of course sucks but throwing a big pathetic temper tantrum in front of the whole world just makes you look like a sad lil bitch. Even moreso for the people who aren't directly involved but are still like all pissed on the uh cuckee's behalf. Get lives or maybe just die

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Falsum posted:

Game journos are really pissy about this and it's amazing

I can't remember who told the story. It was probably Jeff Gerstmann giving a talk at some college, and recalling a time there were a bunch of game journos in the same room with some of them asking whoever the PR person was if there were going to be snacks or other prizes.

Also PAX can't come soon enough.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Lodin posted:

Good lord.

"Okay, but games "journalism" isn't really journalism anyway, is it, you piece of poo poo"

agreed

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

this game is broken i went back and changed my answer to uh and nothing changed

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
what exactly do you boycott on something awful anyway? forums merchandise? i've been boycotting that for a decade.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

Proteus4994 posted:

what exactly do you boycott on something awful anyway? forums merchandise? i've been boycotting that for a decade.

Look at this guy with plat he's as big a lying oval office as zoey quinn

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

Lodin posted:

Good lord.

Nice to see that Zoe is making games again.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

4outof5 posted:

Look at this guy with plat he's as big a lying oval office as zoey quinn

fun fact: plat was grandfathered to people with old accounts when lowtax implemented it. i never paid for plat

i have paid for avs tho so i am a big lying oval office

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

4outof5 posted:

Also, everyone who is invested in this, including us are just as stupid cunts.

Also im gay

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Proteus4994 posted:

fun fact: plat was grandfathered to people with old accounts when lowtax implemented it. i never paid for plat

go back to bed grandpa

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Lobster Harmonica posted:

go back to bed grandpa

you'd think i'd be old enough to have better things to do than read most of a 200 page thread about a bunch of twitter activist douchebags but here we are

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Falsum posted:

I like how in that picture she still sees herself as some bastion of virtue; that if she cheats on someone anyone can instead of her realizing she just might not be that good of a person.

According to her definition she's a rapist. According to the legal definition she isn't. So really she's not a rapist but she's a hypocrite and also a really bad person that put her SO at risk of catching STDs.

It's worse than that, she put her SO at risk of catching indiegamorrhea.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Proteus4994 posted:

you'd think i'd be old enough to have better things to do than read most of a 200 page thread about a bunch of twitter activist douchebags but here we are

Oh! You're Proteus! You're that guy, you did things back in time way long ago. Hey!

Hey what's up! Big fan of your work with that guy, Lowbeef.

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

limaCAT posted:

is that where your dick splits into 16 bits?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

apparently the giantbomb thread and a couple threads in games were really defensive of quinn? there were a few posters in this thread earlier complaining about it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cycloneman posted:

Anita proposed a game story that would be more "feminist," if I recall correctly.

It was terrible and dumb. You play a princess who's forced out of her position of power, so she goes on a long adventure to defeat the people who dethroned her... and establish a republic and abolish the monarchy.

So kinda like Crusader Kings II except not nearly as fun because it's so narrowly focused and linear. Good work there, Anita.

Actually I swear this the plot to at least one Final Fantasy game.

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
back in my day :10bux: was alot of money

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

limaCAT posted:

boy deserved to catch something for being a bitch. boy had no standards I mean I have never been that hard up and that is saying something

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Upon a long reflection Zoe Quinn seems p. cool

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Upon a long reflection Zoe Quinn seems p. cool

Upon a long reflection I don't think you know anything about Zoe Quinn or this whole situation at all except that she's a woman and gamers apparently don't like her so that means she must be the good guy because gamers are horrible.

Yeah, I thought this too. Turns out this is the one in fifty million case where that assumption is actually wrong because Zoe Quinn is in fact just as horrible as gamers.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

How will Lowtax survive without his steady stream of :10bux:? :ohdear:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Upon a long reflection I don't think you know anything about Zoe Quinn or this whole situation at all except that she's a woman and gamers apparently don't like her so that means she must be the good guy because gamers are horrible.

Yeah, I thought this too. Turns out this is the one in fifty million case where that assumption is actually wrong because Zoe Quinn is in fact just as horrible as gamers.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

You edited your post to make it less smarky and more reasoned and I respect that

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

So kinda like Crusader Kings II except not nearly as fun because it's so narrowly focused and linear. Good work there, Anita.

Actually I swear this the plot to at least one Final Fantasy game.

It's FF12's.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

jpmeyer posted:

so basically, playing dragon age as an elf

hahahaha

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Zoe lied, Zoe lied, Zoe lied, Zoe lied, Zoe lied, boyfriend cried.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Brannock posted:

It's FF12's.

Pretty sure you just restore the monarchy in that, don't you? You just destroy the OTHER Monarchy or some poo poo.

Loot
Apr 3, 2013

119-242 Text Count
+59 Contribution Score
+5.9% Cold Resistance

6.7% chance of shitposting
Fires rockets instead of bullets!

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Impossible, gamers aren't even real people.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
The Giant Bomb thread is a bad thread

and that is coming from me

a bad poster in an also bad thread

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Anita Sarkeesian is also p. cool

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Spanish Manlove posted:

Lol apparently they don't read gbs

don't blame them

terrible people like me post in GBS

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
what are we going to do if people stop caring about SomethingAwful though
what are we going to do

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Anita is only lionized because of all the people who hate her, her actual videos are extremely boring and poorly done, as in first year college student quality. She also purposefully generates controversy by refusing to use any nuance what so ever, so her videos end up just coming off as extremely negative and nonconstructive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mel Mudkiper posted:

she isn't as smart or as groundbreaking as she thinks she is but her "opponents" are so totally vile I feel bad for saying anything critical about her

• Locked thread