Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

angryhampster posted:

I like this more than a person should.

These guys decided their Lamborghinis aren't vulgar enough already, so they added hologram wraps and flashing lights. I hate it, but I like it.

Lamborghini's are nothing more than vulgar displays of wealth, I have nothing against making them as obnoxious as possible. If I had one I'd have it in "gently caress the poor" green. There would also be strobes under it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Lambo designs are so over-the-top that making one more obnoxious just seems to fit.

There exists a Gallardo done up in old-school NYPD trim (dark pearl blue w/white roof & trim), LED strobes in the headlights, tails and corners. It also has a classic NYPD v-shaped lightbar array. This is a private car, owned by a retired sergeant.

You can try to hate on it all you want, but you just cant.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

bisticles posted:

Any idea what this is?

edit: Apparently a Snyder ST600-C. Glad it has a roof rack, because what a three-wheeled car really needs is a higher center of gravity

That looks like a Daewoo Matiz with 3 wheels, and I can't imagine that being short one wheel would be drastically cheaper than a Matiz to the point where someone would buy one over a 4-wheeled version. Or a used Spark.

Lamar Smith R-TX
Feb 23, 2012

Cakefool posted:

Lamborghini's are nothing more than vulgar displays of wealth, I have nothing against making them as obnoxious as possible. If I had one I'd have it in "gently caress the poor" green. There would also be strobes under it.

I commented somewhere else the other day

"Lamborghinis are they Harley Davidson of supercars"

and the more I thought about it I realized that that might have been somewhat of an insult to HD

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Lamar Smith R-TX posted:

and the more I thought about it I realized that that might have been somewhat of an insult to HD

I guess you could say in HD's defense that their motorcycles don't have a reputation for spontaneous combustion...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Posted without comment.

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

JaysonAych posted:

That looks like a Daewoo Matiz with 3 wheels, and I can't imagine that being short one wheel would be drastically cheaper than a Matiz to the point where someone would buy one over a 4-wheeled version. Or a used Spark.

Having only three wheels means it's legally a motorcycle. Coincidentally it only weighs 1410lbs.

The manual posted:

Excessive Speed
Never under any circumstance exceed the speed of 45 mph in this vehicle. Excessive speed, particularly around turns may cause loss of control, roll over, personal injury or death.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Lamar Smith R-TX posted:

There are a gazillion Harleys, their owners value them far and away beyond what the general public does, and their performance is humiliatingly bad compared to even the blandest Honda commuter. None of this lines up with Lambo.

The bike equivalent of a Lamborghini would be an Aprilia or MV Agusta, but both of those have more storied racing history.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Edmund Honda posted:

Having only three wheels means it's legally a motorcycle. Coincidentally it only weighs 1410lbs.

Yes but how much time does it spend on its side?

clarkson_in_robin.gif

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

For something different, how about some Reliant Robin soccer football?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nORCM9rMvBo

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Lamar Smith R-TX posted:

No, it's insulting to Lamborghinis. Lambos actually have power.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Snowdens Secret posted:

There are a gazillion Harleys, their owners value them far and away beyond what the general public does, and their performance is humiliatingly bad compared to even the blandest Honda commuter. None of this lines up with Lambo.

The bike equivalent of a Lamborghini would be an Aprilia or MV Agusta, but both of those have more storied racing history.

So... Volkswagen is the automotive Harley?

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Fucknag posted:

So... Volkswagen is the automotive Harley?

Eh, the automotive equivalent of a Harley is a Lincoln Town Car. Expensive, big, slow, and mostly owned by old people who can barely drive.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Snowdens Secret posted:

What exactly is Lambo's storied race history? All that comes to mind for me are those atrocious F1 engines they made in the late 80s/early 90s that continuously spewed oil out of the exhaust...

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

1500quidporsche posted:

What exactly is Lambo's storied race history? All that comes to mind for me are those atrocious F1 engines they made in the late 80s/early 90s that continuously spewed oil out of the exhaust...

I think that was his point: both MV Agusta and Aprilia actually did racing, unlike Lamborghini.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

If I ever wrapped my car, I'd do it with that super-bright 3M SOLAS retroreflective vinyl. Turn the entire car into one giant retroreflector. You think you can just shine your headlamps on ME??

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

HotCanadianChick posted:

Eh, the automotive equivalent of a Harley is a Lincoln Town Car. Expensive, big, slow, and mostly owned by old people who can barely drive.

Most of the Town Cars I see are the result of pressing a few buttons on my phone. Those however, are always black, always tinted, and never driven by the elderly. It's also nice to have the ability to move the front seat so far forward you have no problems at all entertaining a ladyfriend in them.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The closest automotive equivalent to a harley is a built-for-me-by-someone-else cookie-cutter t-bucket hotrod kind of thing. They're extremely archaic visually, make a shitload of noise, don't like turning or stopping, are all the same despite their ~*~custom features~*~ and are desperately slow compared to even a basic V6 sportscar. They're also mostly owned by middle aged men who think they're tough/cool/badass and can't drive/ride for poo poo, they go to all the twisty roads on a sunday afternoon and hold up everyone else with their pathetic wallowing, their over-inflated ego preventing them from pulling over.

Lincoln town cars are actually pretty cool IMO and are more like a goldwing or similar.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
September chat thread: Goldwings are Town Cars.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Sagebrush posted:

If I ever wrapped my car, I'd do it with that super-bright 3M SOLAS retroreflective vinyl. Turn the entire car into one giant retroreflector. You think you can just shine your headlamps on ME??

That's not a bad idea, I have a spare set of plastics for my bike...

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sagebrush posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBYy1GQvbDQ&t=13s

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Dear god. :stonk:

Appears to be a CJ frame and grille with... what's left a Liberty? monkeyfucked onto it. I don't think it's a Liberty looking at the headlights/markers but I can't figure out what it is.

What a colossal waste of most of the things on that vehicle.

http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/4537917787.html

And it's only like 15 miles from home. I have a chance of this vehicle exploding and colliding with me if someone buys it and finishes it :stonklol:

kastein fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Aug 29, 2014

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Slavvy posted:

The closest automotive equivalent to a harley is a built-for-me-by-someone-else cookie-cutter t-bucket hotrod kind of thing. They're extremely archaic visually, make a shitload of noise, don't like turning or stopping, are all the same despite their ~*~custom features~*~ and are desperately slow compared to even a basic V6 sportscar. They're also mostly owned by middle aged men who think they're tough/cool/badass and can't drive/ride for poo poo, they go to all the twisty roads on a sunday afternoon and hold up everyone else with their pathetic wallowing, their over-inflated ego preventing them from pulling over.

Lincoln town cars are actually pretty cool IMO and are more like a goldwing or similar.
I reckon V8 Commodore utes are the Harley equivalent in the car world. Driven by wankers who love having heaps of noise and pissing off anyone within earshot.

kastein posted:

Appears to be a CJ frame and grille with... what's left a Liberty? monkeyfucked onto it. I don't think it's a Liberty looking at the headlights/markers but I can't figure out what it is.

What a colossal waste of most of the things on that vehicle.

http://worcester.craigslist.org/cto/4537917787.html

And it's only like 15 miles from home. I have a chance of this vehicle exploding and colliding with me if someone buys it and finishes it :stonklol:
Looks like a Suzuki Swift/Geo Metro on that frame

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Believe it or not this was taken yesterday, not 2001-2

I didn't check to make sure it came out not washed out before continuing to leave the parking lot

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

anyone want a new av-tag combo ?

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

kastein posted:

100% sure a Geo Metro Wagon.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Whoa, I need this.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

88h88 posted:

Whoa, I need this.

Why bother? Cars still won't see you.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

PCOS Bill posted:

Why bother? Cars still won't see you.

It's not cars I've been bothered by this week. One run in with a loving garbage truck who pulled across me as I was exiting a roundabout and didn't see at all, I was going like 30mph and managed to dodge in front of him before he turned. If I'd braked I would've gone straight into him.

Another dicklord in a van just pulled out of a side street as I was flying up it and then stopped.

One day I'm gonna die travelling to/from work but at least my corspe will be fit. (when they find all the pieces).

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014

Kidney Stone posted:

Not that 3 wheeled cars are bad, but in this configuration (1 wheel at the front, 2 in back) this one isn't much better than a Reliant Robin.

The Morgan 3 Wheeler is way more stable, 2 wheels in the front, and 1 one in the back.

It's not having the single wheel in front that causes instability, it's having too much weight on it that does. The likes of Bond minicars are very stable.

I think this model has the engine under the seats.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

88h88 posted:

It's not cars I've been bothered by this week. One run in with a loving garbage truck who pulled across me as I was exiting a roundabout and didn't see at all, I was going like 30mph and managed to dodge in front of him before he turned. If I'd braked I would've gone straight into him.

Another dicklord in a van just pulled out of a side street as I was flying up it and then stopped.

One day I'm gonna die travelling to/from work but at least my corspe will be fit. (when they find all the pieces).

Maintaining 30 on a bicycle is hard enough on flat ground, how are you doing that through a roundabout? Sounds like you need to watch your own speed anyways and stop acting like traffic owes you a favor for riding a bike.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Somehow, someone made the SSR even worse than it already is. :stonk:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Slim Pickens posted:

Maintaining 30 on a bicycle is hard enough on flat ground, how are you doing that through a roundabout? Sounds like you need to watch your own speed anyways and stop acting like traffic owes you a favor for riding a bike.

It's a medium sized roundabout at the bottom of a loooooooooong hill that you pick up speed just rolling down (road bike, skinny high pressure tyres), even slowing down to check for traffic on my right it's still easy to spin the pedals enough to get up to 30. The trash truck was a good 100ft after the exit from it, it's like the last mile of my ride and about a quarter a mile after that I'm just spinning.

I'm not claiming traffic owes me a favour, it'd just be nice if certain drivers would actually use their eyes to see other traffic, particularly when it's oncoming in broad daylight. I genuinely don't understand how some people manage to pass their tests man, there are some loving HORRIBLE drivers out there.

Anyway, I still don't understand this amount of camber.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
That is the ugliest goddamn camber job I have ever seen. Those tires/wheels look awful that way.

It kind of looks like a beached whale or something, with its fins splayed out.

Camber is spreading like some horrible STD in the northwest from what I've seen. Mostly minor, but some "how does that even drive properly" levels of badness on the 5 and 405 lately.

Mostly ruined Miatas, I've noticed, but plenty of 240SXs and VWs.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

88h88 posted:

I'm not claiming traffic owes me a favour, it'd just be nice if certain drivers would actually use their eyes to see other traffic, particularly when it's oncoming in broad daylight. I genuinely don't understand how some people manage to pass their tests man, there are some loving HORRIBLE drivers out there.

Honestly I think some of it is down to terrible visibility in a lot of modern cars. I've driven a few where the mirror blocked most of my view to the right, the A pillar blocked a significant percentage of the left front, and the blind spots to the rear were big enough to hide an 18 wheeler and an elephant. It's no wonder they're putting in all of these blind spot monitoring and cross-traffic alert systems. I'd rather be able to see trouble coming and have a chance of reacting to it than get blindsided and have to rely on the more advanced safety systems that kept me from seeing the problem in the first place.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Code Jockey posted:

Mostly ruined Miatas,

I keep meaning to take a pic of my neighbor's Miata. It's stanced so low with such exaggerated camber that it always parks on the street outside because there is no way it can get into our parking lot. Has a windshield banner on the front stating 'Stance doesn't work'.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

You Am I posted:

I reckon V8 Commodore utes are the Harley equivalent in the car world. Driven by wankers who love having heaps of noise and pissing off anyone within earshot.
Looks like a Suzuki Swift/Geo Metro on that frame

That's definitely a first-gen Metro/Swift on there.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

DarkSol posted:

Somehow, someone made the SSR even worse than it already is. :stonk:

Looks like beavis.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

I assume that cable running around this car is the immobilizer system?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Slavvy posted:

Looks like beavis.