Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I Love You! posted:

Kunark is hella safe comparably. Kurns takes you to 20 with very few shitheads bothering to come find you. It's also a much easier zone to progress up through even without an ideal group. I would say if you have a class that really appeals to you that can be an Iksar, it's almost 100% worth going it, maybe even rerolling for it if you aren't high up yet.

We also have buffbots on standbuy in the area to assist with poo poo.

drat you. Ah well, at least I've only spent maybe 3 hours total on this toon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equality
Feb 26, 2007
Look for me on Pillo, level 12 and wrecking kurns right now. Even got a Soloist's Icy Wand!

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

David wanted you to have this.
Had a fun time grouping with some chaps on here in Crushbone. Unfortunately ended the same way it has the last two nights with a mega twink spouting Islamic propaganda rolling our group. We nearly killed him but he popped an invis potion after we got him to 10%. As poor lowbies, this basically meant he just walked away. Kind of a letdown; thought we might actually be able to at least defend ourselves as a group but sadly no.

Edit: Would definitely do Iksar if they could be Rangers :smith:

Kejek
Nov 19, 2006
Think I'll give a wizard a shot on Red.

Running around as Jeks for now. no idea what I'm doing anymore !

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Summit posted:

Had a fun time grouping with some chaps on here in Crushbone. Unfortunately ended the same way it has the last two nights with a mega twink spouting Islamic propaganda rolling our group. We nearly killed him but he popped an invis potion after we got him to 10%. As poor lowbies, this basically meant he just walked away. Kind of a letdown; thought we might actually be able to at least defend ourselves as a group but sadly no.

Edit: Would definitely do Iksar if they could be Rangers :smith:

You could go Shadowknight and be an eeeeevil ranger!! :unsmigghh:

I've also always been really fond of monks and necromancers. My main on blue was a necromancer so I'd definitely be open to monk if you guys want to roll up some Iksar alts. Also the Iksar regeneration is quite nice and basically offsets the exp penalty all by itself. It was really fun to play with you guys tonight for the short while the Islamic roleplaying shitlords allowed us to. :(

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

hayden. posted:

Isn't there also some difficult item to get in plane of hate off a golem? Mostly it's the VS staff that I hear is next to impossible to get. Drops every few months is the impression I got.

Nah, the only other item of note to collect is powder off Tola in Seb. But yes, these days the VS staff is the major choke point. For a long time it wasn't because so many people had them saved up/banked from before epics were enabled, but the mass skin turn-in sessions have depleted all of those.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Equality posted:

Look for me on Pillo, level 12 and wrecking kurns right now. Even got a Soloist's Icy Wand!

Wowwwww, nice snag there, those are expensive if I recall correctly? Could potentially use that to fund a character if so.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

I Love You! posted:

Wowwwww, nice snag there, those are expensive if I recall correctly? Could potentially use that to fund a character if so.

What makes that wand so good? I know next to nothing about clickies, save for Circlet of Shadow.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
It's worth like 5k all day. Wizards love it for the clicky effect. Money. Where in Kurn's did it drop? I'm gonna bring a wizard there lol.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Siets posted:

What makes that wand so good? I know next to nothing about clickies, save for Circlet of Shadow.

It has infinite charges of a wizard nuke with no cooldown. Congrats, you just got a set of weapons and some resist gear for your first toon!

It can drop off any of the greater icebone skeletons, I believe.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 29, 2014

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

Siets posted:

You could go Shadowknight and be an eeeeevil ranger!! :unsmigghh:

I dunno if I could take a 68% experience penalty. I made Shaman instead. Name is Gorp.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004
Hey, I've got Navigate...
We noticed the “how is X class in PVP?” question kept coming up, so here’s an effort post! This is to help explain what the different roles of classes are on a PVP server, and how they generally work at this point in the game’s progression:
  • Warrior - A PVE Tank used specifically for tackling high-end raid content. They need gear and groups to be useful in either PVE or PVP. In PVP, they do respectable damage and are hard to kill, but they rely on others (Bards for speed, others for snares or unresistable stuns) to help them stay on target.
  • Paladin - A PVE Tank that's useful for the daily experience grind, and low-end raid content. They can help make a variety of exp groups work, even filling in as a back-up healer if needed. They have some challenges in PVP however - their spells with high utility in PVE (blinds, roots and stuns) are largely resisted by players. Once geared, they do okay damage when jousting and they're incredibly hard to kill.
  • Shadow Knight - A PVE Tank that's useful for the daily experience grind and low-end raid content. In addition to tanking and pulling for PVE groups, SKs are great in PvP. Why? Harm Touch, Lifetaps and DoTs that are hard to resist, Shadowstep, a Damage Shield and Feign Death make them very formidable in a variety of situations.
  • Cleric - A great healer in high-end PVE. They are also strong healers in PVP, but healing (for all classes) can be difficult. The range of heals is very short, and PVP often happens in large and complicated areas. People are constantly ducking around corners, running miles through zones, diving underwater and so on. It makes healing very difficult unless you're coordinating it well with others. Cleric buffs are great, and they're incredibly hard to kill even if they can’t do much to their opponents.
  • Druid - A great jack of all trades for PVE and PVP. Druids can fill many roles in PVE, even if they aren't the absolute best at one thing for the purposes of an endgame raid. Druids can make just about any exp group work. Their buffs are great, and they fill a variety of roles in and out of combat in PVP. Druid spells can actually land in PVP! And against targets with super high resists, they still provide buffs, heals, tracking and mobility. Don't underestimate the benefits of being able to quickly gather up groups using druid portals.
  • Shaman - A buffer, debuffer and healer in PVE. Shaman are a great class for tackling PVE content either solo, in a duo or in a group. Their slows make raids and grinding much easier. Shaman are their own worst enemy in PVP however: potions make it very easy to negate their highly damaging and efficient DoT spells, meaning that they're mostly relegated to resist debuffs, dispels and healing.
  • Enchanter - A caster that provides buffs/debuffs and controls the pacing of fights. Clarity and Haste buffs are always welcome, and Enchanters turn chaotic dungeons into peaceful orderly affairs. In PVP, their impact is more limited but still effective. Enchanters have the strongest dispels in the game, unresistable debuffs and eventually unresistable mana drains and mesmerizes. They're very cool but very fragile.
  • Magician - A damage dealing pet class and nuker. Mages do great damage in PVE even with poor gear since part of their strength comes from their pets. PVP is difficult for them - pet pathing often cannot keep up with players and their spells are easily resisted. Pets also do reduced damage to players. Worse still, pets don't come with you when zoning and PVP fights often take place across multiple zones. Mages primarily provide damage shields and dispels in PVP while their pets disrupt casters.
  • Necromancer - A caster that focuses on damage over time, their pet, and efficiency. Necromancers are known for being effective while alone, to a fault. The spells that make them such great soloers often don’t translate as well to groups or raids. In PVP, their difficult to resist DoTs and lifetaps make them very difficult to beat unless you’re prepared for them. Feign Death means they can fight in a variety of situations safely. Sadly, consumables (which are commonly carried on P1999 Red at higher levels) largely negate the impact of their DoTs and keep them from being as strong in practice as they would be otherwise.
  • Wizard - A mobile caster with big nukes. Wizards have spells that actually connect against players with high resists. Additionally, their Shadow Step line of spells makes it very difficult to kill a Wizard without some luck. While they can kill you quickly, you usually have to pin them down for long periods of time and hope they have unfortunate shadowsteps in order to return the favor. Wizard portals are also very valuable on a PVP server when getting to a fight quickly can be the difference between owning a zone for an evening vs. begging to loot your corpse.
  • Monk - A PVE melee damage dealer / puller / offtank for groups and low-end raid content. Monks do alright with average gear and become menacing with good gear. In PVP, they hit very hard and become deadly with a Tranquil Staff (which stuns their targets, allowing the monk and friends to unload on them with a discipline). Feign Death lets Monks fight in environments others have to run from, and Mend helps them be more self sufficient than other pure melees.
  • Rogue - A melee damage dealer. Rogues are reliant on friends but do great consistent damage and burst damage in PVE. In PVP they can provide big damage as well, but their impact is more situational. Additionally, they struggle against classes with strong damage shields, and a snared Rogue is easy to kill and does little damage. They really need gear to shine against targets who can fight back. Also know that Rogues are the premier low-level twink PK class due to getting their most effective tools earlier than other classes.
  • Bard - Jack of all trades and PVP enabler. Bards grease the wheels of PVE, making everyone better at what they do. Bards can help with pulling and crowd control as well, and they generally have something they can add to any duo or group. In PVP, bards are incredibly mobile and share that mobility with others. Their resist songs are strong enough to make traditional spells ineffective. Their only failing is that they don’t murder people as well as some of the more offensive classes.
  • Ranger - A flexible melee class with ranged options. In PVE, Rangers provide solid damage, pulling and control in the form of roots and snares. Their tracking is incredibly valuable for scouting rare and wandering mobs on timers. In PVP, Rangers are a harassing menace that alternate between safe shots, nukes and jousts and all-in high damage melee. Their tools make them very self sufficient compared to other melees.

So here's the general PVP Tier list. Take this with a grain of salt - gear, terrain, raid vs group vs duo vs solo all change things.
  • A Tier: Wizard, SK, Druid, Bards. Wizards and SKs are deadly classes that are difficult to pin down due to their Shadowsteps. Druids do everything pretty well, and Bards are virtually unkillable while enabling other classes to be great.
  • B Tier: Monks, Rogues, Rangers. Monks, Rogues and Rangers do great damage once geared, but are vulnerable before that point and are often reliant on groups to help them stay on-target or alive.
  • C Tier: Warriors, Paladins, Enchanters, Necros. Even once geared, these classes still have some structural issues that keep them from being able to use most of their kits reliably in PVP or they are heavily reliant on others to fill in gaps in their toolsets. Enchanters and Necromancers can struggle against prepared opponents who use consumables.
  • D Tier: Cleric, Shaman, Mage. These classes have few options in PVP against geared/prepared opponents and are relegated to using just a few of their classes tools in PVP.

Note: Being a good PVPer on a class you enjoy, know and gear up is more valuable than being a lovely PVPer on a class you don’t invest in. I’ve seen plenty of awful Druids accomplish nothing, and I’ve seen great Enchanters dismantle people. Sometimes a berserk’d Warrior with his Crit Discipline running explodes people.

There’s a lot to be said for knowing the game, and there are plenty of good reasons to play a class that isn’t the best at PVP on a PVP server.

A few last thoughts:
  • A guild will need both strong PVP and strong PVE classes and players to do well in the long term. PVE feeds PVP and vice versa.
  • Even offensively ‘weaker’ classes like Clerics, Magicians and Paladins can still bomb people with Dispels in combination with Crystal Pumice.
  • Exp groups on red servers rarely work out perfectly in terms of class mixes. You usually have to be flexible to make things work. I've been in groups where we had a Ranger holding aggro on a snared mob, walking slowly away from it while the rest of us followed along behind smacking it. We had no tank, or healer, or slower. We just had to make due with what we had.
  • Some of the raid-centric PVE classes like Warriors and Clerics become more valuable if we have many players. If we have few players, we'd be better off with more well-rounded hybrids since we won't be doing a lot of endgame PVE anyhow.
  • One element of PVE is tracking to find that a spawn is up, and then racing to get everyone to it. Classes like Rangers, Bards, Druids and Wizards become invaluable here.
  • Classes that can help new players (Druids, Enchanters) are very helpful for growing the guild as random people hop in and look for help
  • A class that can easily farm without gear (such as a Magician or Necromancer) can be a great way to acquire gear for a melee class down the road.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
It doesn't really matter how good you are at playing your class because pvp on that server is just twinked people versus people in poo poo gear. It's stupid and pointless unless you're the twink, and then it's fun I guess to beat up people in rags.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Good summary, I'll throw a link up in the OP.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

hayden. posted:

Isn't there also some difficult item to get in plane of hate off a golem? Mostly it's the VS staff that I hear is next to impossible to get. Drops every few months is the impression I got.
You mean the broken golem in Plane of Fear? According to the P99 wiki, that was implemented later, to prevent the Cazic's Skin from being a roadblock. I'm not sure when the revamp was.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Wizard_Epic_Quest

Ginette Reno posted:

It doesn't really matter how good you are at playing your class because pvp on that server is just twinked people versus people in poo poo gear. It's stupid and pointless unless you're the twink, and then it's fun I guess to beat up people in rags.
It's almost as if world PvP in EQ is a stupid concept as a whole. :monocle:

Is there a level range implemented on Red? As in, max +/- 6 levels can attack eachother? Also, how about twink vs. twink or lvl 60 vs. lvl 60? Does that never happen?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Summit posted:

I dunno if I could take a 68% experience penalty. I made Shaman instead. Name is Gorp.

Awesome! I will make a monk later today when I get off work and message you. Also Monk/Shaman is one of the most powerful (if not THE most powerful) duos in the game if I recall correctly. We'll be able to roll through everything.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
Is everybody playing on Red guilded yet? I have a 16 druid in Unrest, a 5 Iksar monk in FOB, and a 4 Ogre warrior in Innothule, but any time I try to jump on and see where the groups are going, there's like 1 other guildee on.

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
I have really lovely luck finding groups early on. I have a 9 Iksar Monk outside of Kurns and an 8 bard in Crushbone and I must be logging on at the worst loving time because I can never find more than 1 person to group with.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
From what I saw last night playing with goons in Crushbone, lots of us are still unguilded sadly. :(

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004

Ginette Reno posted:

I think this is probably the wrong mindset to tackle the PVP server with. You have to understand, this isn't your server - it's theirs. They've done their time and paid their dues. 6 months ago maybe they were the ones getting griefed by twink PKs.

If this was WoW or Starwars Online, I'd agree with you. It's unfair that they get to have this big headstart over you. It's unfair that they have gear you don't. It's unfair that they get to attack you when they're so much stronger than you. Blizzard should do something about that and save us from these mean players.

But since this is EQ, we persevere. The struggle is what makes it significant and fun.

I learned to love the survival dynamic that was non-existent in PVE EQ. Crushbone swarming with twinks? Let's learn how to level elsewhere. Let's explore. Let's uncover stuff that 90% of players don't know about. The PVP element forces you to dig deeper for opportunities in the game.

That said, there are things you can do to give twinks a hard time and we have killed them before. There are plenty we haven't killed, though. Sometimes it's more about being successful over the long term rather than winning one fight against one idiot over nothing.

Pilsner posted:

Is there a level range implemented on Red? As in, max +/- 6 levels can attack eachother? Also, how about twink vs. twink or lvl 60 vs. lvl 60? Does that never happen?
It's +/- 4 levels, and yep, twinks attack twinks and level 60's fight each other all day.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
I also want to point out that twinks teach you an important concept in EQ the same way a grouping slog teaches you about your class. They teach you that survival is everything, and they teach you how to survive. No, you aren't going to beat a twink 1v1 when you are literally wearing rags (we are all horribly, uselessly geared, people) and you're lucky if your whole group can take him. But you can probably stay alive if you are careful, do a /who CONSTANTLY, know where your escape routes are, have an escape spell loaded on your bar, and keep your back to a wall and your group aware.

I've been on a tremendous amount helping people, leveling, running around, and generally putting my neck out there. I have died 3 times to twinks in that span, and all 3 of them were when I was running deep through zones moving from one locale to another, and 2 of them I was naked. What I'm trying to say is that the rest of the times I was attacked I managed to escape. No, I didn't get to keep killing mobs unmolested forever. Sometimes I logged out, other times I waited for the twink to log out. A few of the times my group actually fought off or even killed the guy! But throughout that I've continued to level at a very fast rate, met lots of cool people, and had a bunch of tense moments that ended up with me getting away to live and fight again.

EQ pvp is all about surviving. You won't be able to win at high levels if you don't have a survivor's mindset, and you learn about that by being low level and crappy and preyed upon, then mid level and acquiring resist gear and having some more game and chances to do poo poo before having to escape, and then finally getting resist pieces for every slot and having a real plan and process of execution to excel in a fight.

I look at someone like Lancastar (cool blue reason) who has really put himself out there in random places without goon backup and he's barely died at all despite leveling to like 50, because he adopted a paranoid, quick-acting, highly-aware playstyle and stuck to it while rocketing up levels. It doesn't take many play sessions to pass up whatever twink is giving you a hard time, and if you have a group of 2-5 you can always just change zones. Most won't follow you.

Siets posted:

From what I saw last night playing with goons in Crushbone, lots of us are still unguilded sadly. :(

Honestly most of us are still unguilded. We need to change that.

For the next two days, I will be available to help people get guilded anywhere on Faydwer. His me up in the thread or message Scoobs or Teddy in game, and I will find a way to get to you. I'll drop what I'm doing and get you tagged.

Is anyone available to park an officer on another continent to also do this?

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Aug 29, 2014

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
Two monks lizzing out right now in Kurns if any of you goons want to join (levels 11 and 13).

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

Slightly bummed but not surprised Shamans are weak in PVP. To be honest though I'm not really playing on Red to PVP all the time. I actually really enjoy the PVE aspects of this server (group xp bonus, people actually want to form groups even if you're not the perfect class/level). Helping people out has a lot more weight here. Plus the world feels a little more alive when anyone is potentially a threat, even if I'm not seeking out fights myself.

I actually wouldn't mind the twinks if they had any chance at all of being killed, but they don't. The ones at levels 6-20 are just ridiculous because no body has see invis, you can't land any spells on them, and they are using potions that nobody at level 10 has access to. We are essentially persevering through the early levels til we have some tools to deal with them (and even then, only as a group).

It was kind of hilarious last night the Abdula guy was telling us that invis pots only cost 10pp. Dude has a total disconnect from what it's actually like to be brand new to the server. You have 5 plat to your name and this guy is telling you that it's a fair fight, you just need to be more prepared and buy things you can't possibly afford.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Summit posted:

Slightly bummed but not surprised Shamans are weak in PVP. To be honest though I'm not really playing on Red to PVP all the time. I actually really enjoy the PVE aspects of this server (group xp bonus, people actually want to form groups even if you're not the perfect class/level). Helping people out has a lot more weight here. Plus the world feels a little more alive when anyone is potentially a threat, even if I'm not seeking out fights myself.

I actually wouldn't mind the twinks if they had any chance at all of being killed, but they don't. The ones at levels 6-20 are just ridiculous because no body has see invis, you can't land any spells on them, and they are using potions that nobody at level 10 has access to. We are essentially persevering through the early levels til we have some tools to deal with them (and even then, only as a group).

It was kind of hilarious last night the Abdula guy was telling us that invis pots only cost 10pp. Dude has a total disconnect from what it's actually like to be brand new to the server. You have 5 plat to your name and this guy is telling you that it's a fair fight, you just need to be more prepared and buy things you can't possibly afford.

See invis:
Druid - Level 14
Wizard - Level 4
Magician - Level 16
Enchanter - Level 8

+ Necro equivalent

This spell is non-negotiable on a pvp serv. Also a bow will pop someone out of invis, make sure to have one when you have the spare plat to craft a poo poo one.

To be fair I've been given hundreds and hundreds of plat by high level characters for absolutely no reason just because they happened to be standing around and noticed how much I suck. I have been collecting small amounts of plat and gear to hand out to people and once I actually have SOW or get my druid up to have a few ports I'll have an easier time handing it out.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Aug 29, 2014

Summit
Mar 6, 2004

I Love You! posted:

To be fair I've been given hundreds and hundreds of plat by high level characters for absolutely no reason just because they happened to be standing around and noticed how much I suck. I have been collecting small amounts of plat and gear to hand out to people and once I actually have SOW or get my druid up to have a few ports I'll have an easier time handing it out.

See that makes sense to me. This server needs more people playing. Foster a higher population by making the low levels easier, get people invested in their characters, and then later on you have a healthier PVP base. I don't understand the mentality of low level twinks who seem to want to drive people away.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

EllEssDee posted:

Two monks lizzing out right now in Kurns if any of you goons want to join (levels 11 and 13).

What names, I can bbuff them and then join.

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
Riposte and Pillo.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

Maybe we should just spread officer-ship in the guild to everybody? Would make it much easier to guild up all the goons playing.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Buane posted:

Maybe we should just spread officer-ship in the guild to everybody? Would make it much easier to guild up all the goons playing.

I've been trying to do this. It does require me to be standing right next to someone though :(

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

I Love You! posted:

I've been trying to do this. It does require me to be standing right next to someone though :(

Wait are you teddy the Druid? Think I grouped with you last night for a short bit when that one druid gave our group thorns.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

I Love You! posted:

Oh. I forgot how silly the EQ guild system is. Oh well, in time we will all be throwing down sick slamajamas.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

nwin posted:

Wait are you teddy the Druid? Think I grouped with you last night for a short bit when that one druid gave our group thorns.

Yep. sure am.

Have Some Flowers!
Aug 27, 2004

Summit posted:

This is a lot of what I get out of playing on a PVP server, too. The atmosphere adds so much. Also I tried to mention it above, but there are many good reasons to play a class that isn't the best at destroying other players in a straight up fight. If your Shaman helps people level up and gear up, that's more valuable than just having another undergeared melee without See Invis getting rooted and snared with the rest.

PVP and PVE compliment each other. We need gear from PVE to win close fights in PVP, and PVP gives us a reason to bother farming gear and experience in PVE, and it helps us win and control the zones/spawns we want.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

It's funny that one of the issues I've run into on Red is because the group experience bonus is so great, I feel like leveling up my druid solo is a waste of time. And between Live back in the day, Shards of Dalaya, and P99 Blue, I've got the solo Druid thing down pat. But on Red it just feels lamer, so much so that when I log on and can't find a group on any characters I just decide to do something else and check back later. On Blue I would just grind that poo poo out myself if I had to.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Soloing on EQ is the worst thing ever. Don't do it.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

hayden. posted:

Soloing on EQ is the worst thing ever. Don't do it.

I really enjoyed charmsoloing with my enchanter while whirl till you hurl was overly powerful.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Seriously, if you think being an easily killed naked newbie with no useful skills sucks, EQ is not the game for you, regardless of PVP. The XP bonus on Red is absolutely HUGE and it's way easier to level fast there than on Blue, even if you're spending half your time ducking twink PKs.

Also, how is it that there's so many goons posting confusion regarding low level twink griefing? This style of play is pretty much the goon calling card in 90+% of online games. Tears are funny, grief is funny, and when you've got a bunch of gear and plat and level 60 characters sitting around, I'm sure it's pretty amusing to load up a twink and fake-RP some excuses to wipe out newbies in GFay. It would make me laugh really hard if those dudes in the ISIS parody guild are posting screenshots of goon tears on a private forum somewhere.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
The best method to avoid PvP is to completely ignore the guy, don't talk at all. They get bored and leave. I got to level 30 with only dealing with PKs maybe three times, and only once that actually killed me, and he left after bind camping for 10 minutes.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

hayden. posted:

The best method to avoid PvP is to completely ignore the guy, don't talk at all. They get bored and leave. I got to level 30 with only dealing with PKs maybe three times, and only once that actually killed me, and he left after bind camping for 10 minutes.

Yeah the only reason I talk with a PK is to try to make friends, which can also work. They're harvesting tears, that's the whole point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh yeah. Please don't mistake my bitching about Abual for actually being mad and wanting to quit. The exp bonus more than makes up for any time lost due to PKs. Like others have mentioned it absolutely adds tension to the game as well which is always a plus. Anything to give EQ even more gravitas than it already has compared to lovely watered down modern MMOs is fantastic.

(It's also mostly an excuse to reroll Iksar as I always seem destined to do. :ssh:)

• Locked thread