Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Race Realists posted:

im hoping for no more loving teenagers

What SMT has there been where you weren't a bunch of teenagers?

Strange Journey and Soul Hackers are the only ones I can think of...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Persona 3 is good (not better) because it had Aigis which in turn gave us Labrys

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Catherine has proven that megaten can do grown loving adults well

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I could only manage to play a few hours of Persona 3 because none of the characters were likeable and the gameplay was way worse than Persona 4. I later watched the P3P LP though, and it seemed to be a lot better. But I don't know if that's because it just takes a while to get good, or if the FeMC just makes the story and characters way better.

Edit:

Race Realists posted:

It's a freaking JRPG dude, teenagers are 100% guaranteed.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

What SMT has there been where you weren't a bunch of teenagers?

Strange Journey and Soul Hackers are the only ones I can think of...

I'm pretty sure there weren't any teenagers in the Digital Devil Saga games, but then again the characters seemed pretty borderline on that.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Persona? MORE LIKE BORESONA

e; persona's aight. Over time I realized their writing isn't the best. Social Links are mostly pretty silly and bad and Persona 4's ending/reveal is oof. I'm holding out Persona 5 will be good.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 30, 2014

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beef Waifu posted:

It's already been confirmed in high school, dog.

I'm hoping we get another weird looking guy who turns out to be a charismatic god who runs around with his hands in his pockets. Narukami's kinda cool but I felt that his design was kinda bland in order to make him more of a blank slate compared to Minato. Which is weird when Yu Narukami actually gets a canon name in a game. Point is I want a dork that everyone likes because reasons. Because that's funnier to me.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Race Realists posted:

It also proved that puzzle games are not Atlus' forte.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Blackunknown posted:

I'm pretty sure there weren't any teenagers in the Digital Devil Saga games, but then again the characters seemed pretty borderline on that.

Wrong. That one kid who hangs out with Roland. Cerberus's son. Fred?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
To this day I will never finish Axis Mundi, thanks Atlus.

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Wrong. That one kid who hangs out with Roland. Cerberus's son. Fred?

I stand corrected, still the characters of the Digital Devil Saga Games are mostly non-teenager.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Manatee Cannon posted:

The part of Catherine that is the problem is not the puzzle half.

Also the multiplayer is better than the story mode, they should have done more with it.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I'm hoping the Slinks are less about loving teenagers than they have been in the past.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I too hope loving teenagers will not be around.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Authorman posted:

The part of Catherine that is the problem is not the puzzle half.

Also the multiplayer is better than the story mode, they should have done more with it.

Right it's the Catherine side of the story. gently caress that noise. At least in the Katherine side all the side characters get their arcs finished and are pretty great.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Man, Catherine had a great soundtrack.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

Beef Waifu posted:

It's already been confirmed in high school, dog.

It could always be about the teachers coping with Real People Problems in between fighting horrors from beyond time, grading homework, and getting drunk.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Race Realists posted:

and also, grown adults loving

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Race Realists posted:

When you live in a miserable machine of a society the time of life that's the worst for every other first world country (high school) becomes your greatest, and therefore must be the focus of every story.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Unholy Ghost posted:

When you live in a miserable machine of a society the time of life that's the worst for every other first world country (high school) becomes your greatest, and therefore must be the focus of every story.
Yeah, this is why it will always be high school.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
I don't mind Persona being set in high school. I think of it as the Buffy of video games. Teens kicking demon rear end after school and facing Big Serious Issues, that type of thing.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I'm probably the one weirdo who like P3 more than P4. Mainly because aside from visually, Tartarus sucks a hell of a lot less than the Midnight Channel dungeons. They're both slogs, but the Midnight Channel dungeons just feel like they take a lot longer, and feel a whole lot less fun to play. Also the change to how shadows spot you can gently caress right off.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Catherine's puzzle half is actually really elegantly designed and it's probably one of the best puzzle games of the last generation. I had a blast with it, sometimes I just fire it up and run the Babel levels for no real reason other than relaxing.

Beef Waifu posted:

To this day I will never finish Axis Mundi, thanks Atlus.

Establish a drat social link already and finish the level in co-op. Or just sink further into sadness and complete it yourself controlling both players. I'm not even ashamed to admit I did it that way.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

Catherine's puzzle gameplay is great though.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Did they ever hint at a Catherine sequel? His cameo in P3P is non-canon because it only happens in FemC route, right?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Excels posted:

Did they ever hint at a Catherine sequel? His cameo in P3P is non-canon because it only happens in FemC route, right?

Don't believe they ever did and it wouldn't really matter if Vincent's cameo in P3P is non-canon because IIRC I think that existed to tease the game before it came out, not tease a sequel after the fact.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There was never an allusion to a sequel and it's non-canon because Persona and Catherine don't share the same universe.

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

Establish a drat social link already and finish the level in co-op. Or just sink further into sadness and complete it yourself controlling both players. I'm not even ashamed to admit I did it that way.

Dude, I move around a lot and it's hard to find someone with the patience to sit down with me and actually learn this puzzle game.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Excels posted:

I've never seen it myself (played P3P all of one time through), but I have seen screenshots and videos of the cameo on the guy path.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also I can confirm that Theo is still voiced by Travis Willingham in Ultimax.

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(
Man, that Igor replacement better not be permanent if he factors in to P5.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

Man, that Igor replacement better not be permanent if he factors in to P5.

no it'll be marie instead of igor. just watch. you know they'll do it

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
If is a pre-exisiting character it's probably going to be Marge. I would have said Philemon but now that Arena 2 came out we know that Nyralathotep didn't break the pact.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
All the buildup for the new overseer of the Velvet Room is for Marge.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

This is going to be the best game ever. This is number 1 on my wish-list and I cannot wait. I don't know if I'll be able to play because I will be laughing so hard that I'll get teary eyed.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Beef Waifu posted:

All the buildup for the new overseer of the Velvet Room is for Marge.
No one else wanted the position lest they get Izuna Dropped. :haw:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Accordion Man posted:

If is a pre-exisiting character it's probably going to be Marge. I would have said Philemon but now that Arena 2 came out we know that Nyralathotep didn't break the pact.

P3 and 4 have nothing to do with the older games and never will. There will never be any kind of direct tie between P1/2 and P3/4, the most you'll ever get is the butterfly save point and Igor. Well, maybe not Igor anymore either. :v: They don't even work the same way.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay yeah, the reason Igor's voice is different is because they didn't get Woren in the game at all. Maybe it was a scheduling conflict or something, but when Ikutsuki shows up he's voiced by Dojima's voice actor and they probably recorded new files for Igor unlike the JP version which reused sound files again. God, the loving voice acting of this game is a mess.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 30, 2014

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Manatee Cannon posted:

P3 and 4 have nothing to do with the older games and never will. There will never be any kind of direct tie between P1/2 and P3/4, the most you'll ever get is the butterfly save point and Igor. Well, maybe not Igor anymore either. :v: They don't even work the same way.

Yeah, I've always maintained that the TV stuff in P3 that referenced P2 is nothing but an Easter egg. Feeling smug now.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Beef Waifu posted:

Okay yeah, the reason Igor's voice is different is because they didn't get Woren in the game at all. Maybe it was a scheduling conflict or something, but when Ikutsuki shows up he's voiced by Dojima's voice actor and they probably recorded new files for Igor unlike the JP version which reused sound files again. God, the loving voice acting of this game is a mess.

put this dub in the trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
I believe P4DAN is what they refer to as a "Killer App".